Car wouldn't start without jump

>car wouldn't start without jump
>dad takes it to autozone
>brand new battery
>come home, still won't start without jump
>take it to a mechanic
>"your terminal is loose lol no big deal"
>spend $130 for something I could've fixed for free

Why does autozone like to push this bullshit narrative that the people they hire are knowledgeable in cars, when in reality they know dick? I mean come on, at least McDonald's doesn't pretend the people working in their stores aren't literal trash. This is getting ridiculous. In fact the asshole probably knew the problem and didn't tell my dad because muh commission.

>now I know the problem after wasting money TWICE
>it should have been obvious (to other people, not me)
>it's everyone elses fault
Life must be difficult with that attitude. Maybe you should stop blaming everything on other people and learn simple problem solving.

That would be a pretty easy mistake to make if you're a retard, always test for voltage drop at the termnals desu, I've taken that up as a habit and it's been very useful.

Yeah it is his fault. The guy swaps out battery, what every fucking day? How do you not notice that? But then these bullshit autozone commercials come on TV, hur dur come to autozone we know ours shit over here. Bull fucking shit

The parts department ain't the place to go for service dipshit.

Either way, you and your father both missing a loose terminal despite putting jumpers to it more than once pretty much says all that needs to be said.

It wasn't missing Jack shit it was loose, oh look who's the retard now fucking faggot fuck off

>work at advanced
>Guy comes in, claims his battery is dead
>wants a new one
>ask for symptoms
>Describes what is basically a starter issue, starter only clicks once
>Tell him so
>He yells that im dishonest and terrible and dont know anything about cars
>Demands new battery now
>Whatever
>Sell him one while telling him once he installs it he cant return
>Calls me a retard, says he wont return it because its definitely the problem
>Comes back 40 minutes later demanding I return the defective battery I sold him, because he wants a starter now
>Tell him no, he can enjoy his new battery and buy a starter
>Fuming, he leaves threatening this and that
>never see him again

Why do people like to push this bullshit narrative that they are knowledgeable in cars, when in reality they don't know dick? I mean come on, at least McDonalds doesn't pretend the food people eat in their stores isn't literal trash. This is getting ridiculous. The fact the asshole didn't know the problem and didn't listen to me because muh complex.

Lol op and has family confirmed regards. Can't even spot a loose terminal, sad! Took it to a parts store for diagnosis
>parts store
>job is literally to sell parts
>"hurr durr gee I bet these guys wont try to SELL me any PARTS, it's not like that's their job or anything
>gets butthurt when his father's stupidity costs him 130$ (obvious poorfag)

Kek op those vatos were sure more knowledgeable than your stupid ass dad. Oh and btw AutoZone doesn't even get commission top they hustled t
Your dad for free

>jump car to drive to autozone
>somehow got it to start without needing a jump in the parking lot of autozone to drive it home
>wont start without a jump at home

Cool story

you went there for a battery thinking you knew shit

well you didn't.

that's why you bought the battery. it's your fault.

>buy battery from parts store
>cant tighten terminal bolt clamp down
>get ripped off by mechanic who extracts easy shekels off idiots
>shitposts about it to a bunch of anonymous spam bots

>Why does autozone like to push this bullshit narrative
Because the suggested solution is for the problem as described. My bet is that the problem was either presented as a leading question or did not have enough context provided.

Certainly, there have been incorrect answers in Veeky Forums threads because the person asking the question didn't present the actual problem and required everyone else on here to be mind readers.

this, but I worked for Autozone. I loved when people came doing that kind of shit, I would put on the biggest shit eating grin I could, watch them storm off pissed when I told them no refund, and yell "God Bless" before they hit the door.

I worked at The Zone for 2 years in the busiest store in the area and never once had a customer that bad. You guys must be extremely unlucky. Worst I've ever had is a guy yelling at my manager because HUB fucked up an order. Fucking HUB man they always screwd the pooch

While I'm sure it's fun messing with civilians, it always fucks me off to no end when people in a parts shop try to play mechanic when I'm buying bits. I've been working on cars since before you were out of school, and you seriously know absolutely nothing, please go back to making people think you're a car wizard by hitting starters with hammers to make them work.

I've experienced this at my job (work at an ISP). Even when I've basically PROVEN what it is (its always your shitty $30 router), sometimes people still won't believe me.
I've learned from how annoying that is from that side, so when I have to take something in somewhere / call someone about something, I just believe what they say. If I get scammed, I don't go back. Wish more people would just believe the people trying to help em.

>expecting the dude at the parts desk to diagnose a car he can't see

No user, YOU are the retard.

I worked for nearly 6 years in a busy store in SoCal near a bunch of farms and dairies. Our agricultural customers weren't the issue, it was the tough guy rednecks and wannabe cholos who gave us issues.

our store was one of the luckier ones in the area, the other stores had customers literally physically fighting them, destroying the store displays, and/or robbing them at gunpoint.

That's what he said, faggot. That you missed the loose terminal, not that the terminal was missing. If you're that fucking dense you have no right calling Vatozone "associates" retarded.

Except the fact about that you didn't know does not mean you could have saved money, because you won't and Autozone is not a place that has the time or bullshit to tear apart your car because it is a retail store.

Why are you mad at other people this is 100% your fault

>worked at Autozone
>company expected me to be free mobile mechanic
>customers expected me to be free mobile mechanic
never touched a customer's car, and all would bitch at me about it until I threatened the DM and HR with a lawsuit for harassment for something I'm not paid to do.