You know VTEC is the greatest automotive invention in the past 300 years. Just admit it

You know VTEC is the greatest automotive invention in the past 300 years. Just admit it.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=itE2JWqdTqE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I dunno, it actually made the VFR800 worse

This kid knows what's up

No, you incompetent asswipe.
The Prius is.

The greatest automotive invention in the past 300 years was the automobile, my dude.

The honda prius has VTEC

Rubber tires > anything else

Confirmed best car in the last 300 years?

Can someone explain what the whole VTEC trend is about?

VVTi and VTEC are about equal but the 2jz is so much better of an engine for tuning/modding than the F20C that I can't help but think that VTEC is nothing more than a meme.

Am I gay for actually liking the styling and interior of this car?
The only problem with it was their Hybrid system wasn't as good as Toyota's.

You're comparing variable valve technology to a specific engine. What is your point?

VANOS is better

>fails constantly
>better
Kek

I'm saying that while VVTi and VTEC are similar in their purpose and quality, the 2jz's amazing ability to handle power on the stock mount and F20C's ability to rev up to almost 9k for maximum fun could not be more different. The two engines are so different in their purposes that I can't believe why VTEC would be considered better/worse than VVTi, which leads me to believe it is a meme.

checked user you are confirmed gay

>The two engines are so different in their purposes

Yeah, so what the fuck does this have to do with VTEC being better or worse you mong? You're talking about different engines for different purposes, not valve timing.

Have you though about cam technology beyond the engines they're designed for? Variable valve tech is how engines are getting more efficient (that's power and emissions). I guarantee a 2jz redesigned today would have variable timing, lift, and event all together to be more powerful.

Also
>Comparing an f20c to a 2jz

I've always had a thing for 2d traps.

Okay let me try to explain this

>everyone circlejerks vtec
>Toyota engine have comparable system
>nobody talks about VVTi on 2jz
>people care more about VTEC than the actual F20C engine
>VTEC may be only marginally better than VVTi
>VTEC is proclaimed as "greatest automotive invention" in shitpost by OP
>why does nobody shitpost about VVTi

all of these lead me to believe that VTEC is nothing more than a meme

but why is VVTi not a meme, too?

>2jz and F20C could not be more different
>COULD NOT BE MORE DIFFERENT
>DIFFERENT

also even the "VTEC" in the new Type R and Si are the shitty i-VTEC efficiency one

Honda fanboys are cancer.
Toyota fanboys are more mature.
Hell. The 1NZFE has VVTi. So did the 4age and the 2zz.
No adult thinks its cool. Only kids (honda fans) think its a special thing.
Like 99% of cars today have some form of variable valve timing.
No one cars except honda fanboys

I've always had my doubts about Honda fanboys. Their cars are shit and they have to make VTEC a meme so nobody forgets that they once made fun cars.

Who are you quoting

I abridged the second sentence so autists wouldn't have as much trouble reading it.

>also even the "VTEC" in the new Type R and Si are the shitty i-VTEC efficiency one

explain

This, explain yourself

i-VTEC is """""intelligent"""""" VTEC in which uses VTEC-E and is basically made for low RPM efficiency (as if honda really needed more of that on their shitboxes). The only thing it shares with the VTEC honda fanboys love is the name.

I'll put it kind of this way
VTEC is like a manual transmission
VTEC-E is like an automatic
iVTEC is like a CVT

Do they not use proper vtec anymore because of emissions regulations? What kind of performance could they get if they did?

Nah proper VTEC will probably be permanently retired. I'm not sure how the new one works but I doubt it will be much different from a turbo charged version of the Civic EX

>the creation of a specific kind of variable valve timing system is the greatest automotive invention of the last 300 years

Cuz y'know, fuck inventing the car, or the internal combustion engine, or Henry Ford's production line...

It's literally nothing close to cvt trash. iVTEC just gives more consistent torque and better gas mileage but the 1.8 'real vtec' and the 2.0 supposedly gimped one still make the same horsepower.

Henry ford didn't create a production line
Lrn2history faggot

The best VTEC is VTEC on a C32B.

VTEC is not a specific kind of variable valve timing. The timing changes aren't the reason VTEC is iconic. It's the lift that made it a household name.

You're right user I was just giving a simplified comparison. You can't really compare transmissions to valve timing directly anyways.

yes considering it was in the NSX

I have a car with this vtec, but I don't know what it does.

Michelin > BF Goodrich

Read a book you scum
i-VTEC just doesn't give that signature "kick", or "hit" VTEC at a certain RPM because it's gradual and more eco-friendly
Regardless, its far better that standard VTEC, performance and efficiency wise

>fuck all down low
>all power high up
>hard to keep power in the vtec range
yeah no vvti is better.

variable valve technologies exist solely for emissions purpose.

You fucks mistake powerbands for VTEC

>needing power at low rpm

i bet you drive under 6k rpm you faggot

It's shit for high hp apllications.

Once you start making some real power it becomes pointless and you need either vtec killer cams, or a ported non vtec head with aggressive cams.

VANOS = MIVEC >>>>>>>>VVTLI >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> VTEC

>he doesn't have enough torque to stay in the same gear around a corner

Honda fagbois lmao

>VTEC is reliable

Those triples don't lie user. Sorry for your parents. Plz consider sudoku.

As someone who owns a 2010 Honda, I can confirm Nu-Honda is not the same. After Eighth Gen they kind of shit the bed and made more econobox type cars. My 2010 is built like a brick shithouse and the newer ones are lighter, but feel a lot cheaper. Personally VTEC is kind of a joke. It doesn't really kick in unless you floor it and I generally try not to use it as I don't want high Rpms on my shitbox.

those LEDs are sikk

Here noob
>m.youtube.com/watch?v=itE2JWqdTqE
Skip to about 5:30
Tldr VTEC>vvti

I hope you're acting retarded