>>16927323

Might as well pull over after this long there's no way he's escaping

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikorsky_Aircraft
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igor_Sikorsky
cnn.com/2017/01/29/politics/donald-trump-travel-ban-green-card-dual-citizens/index.html
youtube.com/watch?v=antA_K6mL0k
youtube.com/watch?v=R_UpLtGEWoY
youtube.com/watch?v=Fbpv5TIVKg8
youtu.be/JIKDVHyffXs
youtu.be/Fbpv5TIVKg8
youtu.be/Y0vqtMGlvqk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lol he's fucked hope he gets shot

I honestly don't see why people run. You can outrun the radio and you can't outrun the copter.

get fucked

lol, fucking idiot crashed on the straight road.

>16927338
All he has to do is steal a Civic with a few simple mods.

Why copter don't get some ultra bright projector to straightup blind the driver of car?

Same reason why the copter doesn't get low enough and have fags shoot out the tires

>more dangerous to society

Someone give timely updates to this thread please.

It's been done

I bet it's no more dangerous than having speeding criminal on the loose for 3+ hours

Click flash update, then allow browser to start flash, it's retarded but worked for me

Shit like this is what ruined news.

hmmm

>not giving people content they want

The valley is turning just as bad as Compton with all these illegal Mexicans...

Is he a real human bean?

>you can't outrun the copter.
lol

Copters aren't as fast as you think. Give it a big straight and most semi sportscars will outrun one.

On top of that they have to refuel, so if you go into a place deserted enough they cant reach you.

On top of that, if you are in the middle of nowhere, and turns the lights off, you are invisible

And hard turns on a chopper are fucking hard

I don't know about human but he is a real bean

What is a radio?

A) those choppers can sustain over 120 mph easier than even the most exotic supercar on the road.
B) they don't don't need to turn "hard" when they are not limited to a road.
C) police helicopters have thermal imaging since its not 1911 any more.
D) even if you were able to evade a chopper due to fuel requirements, you'd probably need fuel, and would be stuck in the middle of nowhere with an awful lot of squad cars aware of your last sighted location.
>tl,dr; real life=/=Fast and Furious

>On top of that, if you are in the middle of nowhere, and turns the lights off, you are invisible

burning hot engine is very visible to infrared

>implying most states have enough budget to get thermals in the choppers

I love how people think real life is like the movies where police decide to put a chopper in the air to chase after someone that blew past a speed trap

Like seriously? Wake the fuck up.
Unless you robbed a bank or committed an act of terrorism its not gonna happen. Even then someone fleeing from a robbery can easily vanish before any nearby helicopters have reports coming in

Even more ridiculous that you nerds think local police are some elite force that have military level communication and can hunt down a single car in a sea of thousands.

watching this chase was crazy, im visiting from seattle and it was awesome

i think he ditched the mustang, got into a pickup truck, and crashed

E: You can't out run Motorola.
F: Many state/highway patrol agencies also have fixed-wing aircraft so even if they could outrun a Jetranger there's still faster stuff out there.

FLIR mounts are only about $250,000-400,000. And a lot of the time the departments get DHS grants for them.

But even then most of the time you don't need something fancy like that. Just a big Xenon floodlight will be enough to track vehicles. Thermal cameras are more useful for chasing people who're hiding on foot.

They send the helicopter out all the time around here for failure to stop for poice calls.
Friday/Saturday nights they usually have it patrolling and if they see someone hauling ass they definitely do keep an eye on them. They don't need to chase them down and land on the highway to arrest them they just need to track them and give cops on the ground the advantage to intercept them. IR cameras are pretty good now and they can watch from such a distance that you won't even notice a helicopter there. Maybe whatever backwoods town you're from can't afford it but a lot of places definitely can.

What state? Most states dont allow for such shit to be involved in crap like speeding.

>He went from stealing a mustang to a truck.

He made the right choice, the truck probably handles better

my father works for a helicopter manufacturer so I hear a lot about their capabilities all the time.

Not a single thing you said was true. Try again.

No it hasn't. Movies are not real life.

This ain't Brazil or some other banana republic, bullet holes and casing do have to be searched and investigated when shots are fired even if they hit some residential building.

I thought your dad worked for Nintendo?

Your average news copter, not even the police models will top out at somewhere around 180mph. You're going to need something serious to get up to that speed in any reasonable amount of time. most have a service radius of around 300 miles, any car trying to outrun one will be out of fuel before then. What is Infrared. I'm not even going to dignify the last one with a response.

look up Sikorsky Aircraft.

Better dead than red.

Sikorsky Aircraft is an American company... Always has been. The founder was Igor Sikorsky, a Russian immigrant.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikorsky_Aircraft
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igor_Sikorsky

I'm just joking. Don't get ass blasted.

I used to work on software for sh-60 training and would go out drinking with SME(former pilots)
>A) those choppers can sustain over 120 mph easier than even the most exotic supercar on the road.
Lol no. The most common civilian helicopter has a top speed of 120. My 20 year old daily has a top speed of about 160.
>B) they don't don't need to turn "hard" when they are not limited to a road.
You can easily lose a target if your turn radius is higher. Especially in an urban environment. It's unlikely, but possible.
>C) police helicopters have thermal imaging since its not 1911 any more.
My info may be dated, but thermal imagine is used for people on foot. On the highway or road it isn't great unless you are the only car on the road. The hottest thing on the road are semi tires.
>D) even if you were able to evade a chopper due to fuel requirements, you'd probably need fuel, and would be stuck in the middle of nowhere with an awful lot of squad cars aware of your last sighted location.
>>tl,dr; real life=/=Fast and
And here you are right, as long as the copter has a visual of you, or last sighted they will coordinate with cars as to where you were.
If you are being chased by police and they have a helicopter your best bet is that a news helicopter gets in their way.

not ass blasted. But Sikorsky was a brilliant man and without him, we wouldn't have helicopters as we know them today and this police chase video would'n't have happened. We would not have this thread right now without Igor Sikorsky.
Show some respect.

>most common civilian is a Bell R22 IIRC
These are not even close to what most police forces use. This is like comparing the performance of an average propeller aircraft to a Piper Cub.

A helicopter is not a plane. A helicopter can turn on a dime if need be and use the rotational force of its main rotor to do some impressive shit.

>engines aren't hot
Congratulations fag

Don't disagree, was just pulling your leg. Calm down.

Nintendos helicopter division.

Look up the fleet of the laps. Bell 206 and a slight faster Eurocopter.
A helicopter will not turn on a dime at speed.

Have you used infrared in a helicopter or know how infrared works.?
So an engine is about 200 degrees. It is under a good that has air passing over it. Think about it for a bit.

Fleet of lapd I meant

>Don't disagree, was just pulling your leg. Calm down.
yea. Don't even joke about Sikorsky with someone from Connecticut. Sikorsky is one of the biggest job suppliers in the state. Igor Sikorsky and the company are highly regarded there. It's no wonder Connecticut is against Donald Trump's immigrant ban considering a large chunk of the state's economy depends on a company started by an immigrant.

Hell, everyone worships Steve Jobs and the guy was the son of Syrian refugees

The 206 does 150, and the AS350 does 180. The service range of both is in excess of 400mph. A car isn't going to lose either of them. You're proving me right. And I've attached an infrared shot of a stopped car.

Trump doesn't want to ban immigrants, he wants to ban illegal immigrants and immigrants who just want to get here on the dole. Immigrants like Sikorsky came to this country to seek better fortunes and make a life for themselves. These days, more immigrants than not come purely for the free shit.

except the immigrant ban executive order had them detaining legit green card holders and people who were granted citizenship. Trump's a retard with no idea what he's doing

>except the immigrant ban executive order had them detaining legit green card holders and people who were granted citizenship

"I'll take shit that didn't happen for $500"

also, take it to /pol/

>he doesn't read the news
cnn.com/2017/01/29/politics/donald-trump-travel-ban-green-card-dual-citizens/index.html

What the fuck is wrong with LA? There's so many car chases and other weird incidents there. I was visiting family in Riverside and there was a news story about how Mongols biker gang shot up some dude down in Corona. Some Sons of Anarchy shit man...

>So an engine is about 200 degrees. It is under a good that has air passing over it. Think about it for a bit.
>of a stopped car.

>Give it a big straight and most semi sportscars will outrun one
Where? With traffic?

Oh, I didn't realize that you meant he would be driving around in the pitch black at high speed with his lights off.

the hood isnt magically cool because theres air passing over it m8. if you've ever been on a motorcycle with fairings you'll know that even with good airflow and an air gap there is still noticeable heat
i doubt flir is going to have any trouble with it

Nigger do you know how many helicopters the fucking LAPD has?

in atlanta, if you try to car jack multiple people. you will eventually get shot by one of your victims.

Depends. If you're in midtown or little five, you can carjack fags all day and no one will be armed. If you try that shit up in gwinnett county there's a 50/50 chance you won't make it out alive.

So that f150 was fast as shit the reporters implying it was a raptor. It wasn't but did it have the ecoboost or the v8?

shfifty five. schlickety five

youtube.com/watch?v=antA_K6mL0k

>tfw sikorsky is a 10 min drive from me
>tfw i have friends that work there.

where do you live user? Milford here.

i chuckle when i read this, because ive done it like 5 times

the trick is not having a slow pos car and no working knowledge of the roads or where the fuck you even are

you probably didnt murder someone or live in California where they take chases seriously.

you probably live in some po dunk town where nothing is going on.

good luck trying to get away from the cops in a place like California.

Lol little five they just yell "I'm a vegetarian" through their nose ring as you drive away.

>The 206 does 150,
it can, and if you exceed that speed shit will go bad. the maximum allowed speed is 120, which the lapd will not exceed. the pilot will get his ass handed to him. i'm guessing you did the same thing with the as.

Drive your car. Touch the hood. pop the hood and touch the engine. got to the hospital after touching engine. The heat difference of the hood and engine during this test is when the car is stationary, so they hood has been able to soak up heat and not displace it. You could try crawling out on the hood while traveling and check, but that might be bad.
As far as FLIR, You would be suprised, my experience, actually 2nd hand experience is 15 years old. I worked with a few uh-60 pilots, one was nighthawk, or night something, anyway special operations. I would buy him beer, he would tell me stories. One was about flying in the u.s. and looking at the highways. The car hoods, engines, exhaust were not nearly as hot as you would think, 18 wheeler tires were the hottest thing on the road. Modern FLIR systems may be alot better than what they were using 20 years ago.

The hood may not be hot enough to show up when traveling especially in a relatively warm urban environment. out in a rural area, yes it will show up most likely as shown in ops pic.

Dude, you are trying g to impress kids because you used to buy a guy beer 15 years ago? And he would tell you stories?

That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard. Sit down, shut up and lurk moar.

Semi trailer tires are the hottest thing on the road, get the fuck out you idiot. Any air cooled motorcycle, exhaust stack, or fresh roadkill are hotter than semi tires you used up old husk.

The 12 inch tires on a loaded double wide snowmobile trailer are under far more stress.

Inbred fucking moron

desu ill take your word for it
also
>go to the hospital after touching engine
ive touched an exhaust manifold. wasnt fun

>schizophrenia

Ontariofag here.

Are car chases routine in Cali? I remember watching Worlds Wildest Police Videos with Bunnel back in the day, so many of them came from LA. Made me not ever want to visit the US if its filled with so much dangerous crime n shit.

I think they're just better at filming it.

>tfw initially confused because Ontario, CA exists

i got a 3rd degree burn from my old motorycle's exhaust

your dumb second hand experience is dumb

The bigger the city the more likely car chases will be televised.
Police chases literally happen all the time.
My favorite thing reading through this thread is the assumption that news choppers don't fly around big cities and have been directly responsible for finding pursuit suspects that got away from routine police patrols, mainly because every helicopter is capable of communicating with other helos
Less come out of New York and such because of the sheer amount of superstructure makes it detrimental to such things

>Less come out of New York and such because of the sheer amount of superstructure makes it detrimental to such things
Probably more common on Long Island. Only thing police are chasing in Manhattan are bicyclists haha

>Less come out of New York and such because of the sheer amount of superstructure makes it detrimental to such things
Yeah, see, and I assume Toronto is kinda like that. I always assumed California and places like LA were long and stretched out and not so compacted with high rises. The stereotype is driving sucks in LA, and no one walks their either, because everything so far from everything else.

youtube.com/watch?v=R_UpLtGEWoY

>cnn
>trusting the CNN for news against trump

Bring another source or git out.

>You're going to need something serious to get up to that speed in any reasonable amount of time
>his car doesn't exceed 180 mph

You can survive without getting shot if you don't live around nonwhites.

The answer is dickety six, stupid

At least the thing can turn right

>muh fake news
kill yourself.

CNN and FOX are both horribly biased. One spends all day debunking Trump's claims and passive aggressively shitting on him through their headlines. The other rationalizes and makes excuses for all his blunders. I flip back and forth between the two, but it gets exhausting. Really need to stop watching that garbage.

Helicopters are a few million dollars by themselves, and police helicopters have hundreds of thousands of dollars of extra equipment installed. FLIR, nightvision, and thermal cameras are the most important equipment on a helicopter besides radios.

Woah. This nigga just stopped in 30ft and turned right.
Let me just turn right too.
Oh wait.

>i doubt flir is going to have any trouble with it

Yeah. FLIR can see niggers trying to hide in long grass. It won't have any trouble seeing a warm vehicle hood.

Ditch your car/bike and run. You might get away, but they'll get the vehicle. How many times can you afford that? If your answer is more than once, you are doing something that the cops are really interested in. And they will be motivated to catch you. Just out for a thrill ride? The cops will back off and wait for pic related to happen.

>not believing news source can be and will be biased because of their opinions

oh look. Fox News is projecting again.

What he means is that nobody is going to get up to that speed on a populated highway, even if NFS Hot Pursuit makes it look so easy.

Its not just aimed towards CNN. Its also aimed towards FOX too. News sites can and will be biased. Sending me a source news of anything political from a very political leaning website is not gonna convince me.

>invisible

What thermal imaging. What are spotlights. you're one dumb nigger. kys

given america's finest's training, they might as well prepare two body bags, if not more

ITT people that don't understand helicopters don't chase you 5 feet over your roof.

you cant?
youtube.com/watch?v=Fbpv5TIVKg8

ever think that these fucks eventually just start to take in the scenery knowing they will be in jail for a very very long time

I guess they figure they're gonna get fucked anyway might as well have a good time

There's a story that floats around among cops that's probably complete bullshit but it's still fun.
>Dentist somewhere in eastern New Mexico has multiple muscle cars
>Enjoys blasting around on the empty roads out there
>Constantly gets pulled over for speeding
>Buys a modded Corvette
>Now capable of outrunning the local cops and highway patrol
>Local cops and highway patrol call in a favor somewhere
>Get hold of a Ferrari Testarossa confiscated in a drug raid
>Start pulling over the dentist again
>Dentist gets pissed off, sells part of his collection and buys a Murcielago
>Starts outrunning the cops again
>Cops call in another favor, bring in a helicopter from Albuquerque
>Dentist buys night-vision goggles and starts driving at night with his headlights off
>Cops add infrared to the helicopter

youtu.be/JIKDVHyffXs
youtu.be/Fbpv5TIVKg8
youtu.be/Y0vqtMGlvqk
>getting this btfo
I could probably find more given enough time.

I guess it I would ask why he's a dentist but this story is made up by cops so that explains why it's retarded

Dentists make lots of money