/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General
(eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate, genocide).
/cbg/ /rtsg/ /wgg/

Alive and Kicking Edition

>Civilization Resources
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) - well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- CivFanatics Database and Forums - - - - civfanatics.com/
- Wiki of all Civ games - - - - - - - - - - - - - - civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki
- Browser Civ game, similar to civ2 - - - - - play.freeciv.org
- /civ4xg/ steam group - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

>Civilization VI
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) - dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter - - - - - - - - - - - - - georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com

>Civilization modding
- Wiki for Civ modding - modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page
- Civ V mod workshop - steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods - - - - - - -- forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods - - - - - - - - pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>Stellaris Resources
- Mod archive - - - - - - - -- mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations - pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Endless Legend Resources
Manual - - - - - - cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
Wiki 1 -- - - - - - endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki
Wiki 2 -- - - - - - endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX) resources
- Essential improvements - pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories - - - - mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Last Bread:

aussie update just leaked for pirates

Is it good?

no clue

Did australia update fix the game?
Improve it at least?

5th for tsar nicholas ii, rightful ruler of all russias, rightful ikon of all generals, whom the godless commies killed

Commies are heartless. Never trust a commie, it's like a bigot, but worse.

> Stellaris DLC is still months away
> And it'll be overpriced
> And the devs said it'll contain no fixes for either of the game's 2 main problems: the non-existant diplo and the tedious repetetive wars
> And the dyson sphere is a solid shell instead of a concentric series of ringworlds, triggering my physics autism
> And hiveminds are Le Always Ebil meme, don't fucking tell me free pops can't survive in a hive mind society, I lived in fucking China for 6 months and it's exactly the same thing

Brb killing self

And don't forget :
[x] Respectfully disagree

spoonfeed me this meme

I don't get why they don't just copy elements from eu4 and vic2 from the start, the eu4 war, negotiations and war goals are literally perfect and peace time in vic2 is engaging and not boring to shit.
they've copying the unity system from vic and the ideas system from eu4 this next update so I think dev teams at pdx should pay more attention to what their peers are doing

It's bits of improvement, but probably not enough to completely revamp it for you.

Mod support is in through Workshop, though, so you should start seeing things like UI overhauls and whatnot (provided it's possible)

The Paradox official forums has an upboat system.
But the options aren't "agree" and "disagree". You can't disagree, you have to "Respectfully disagree"

Come on guys, post some impressions.
Can I start playing now, is it fun now?

I'm sick and tired of waiting for patches, I just want to play the game I paid for but not if its AI is still shit. Looks really good and the city building seems so fun, it hurts.

none of the core problems got fixed by adding a meme civ, no

what are the core problems

the ai is still shit, im p sure. but since modding is fully out, scan the workshop for shit you might like and it might hook you back into it.

>prince
AI is completely incapable, maybe gets a second city
>king
By turn 20 you are surrounded by a coalition of 3 AI

That's quite a scale...

On the forum, you can rate a post to be pertinent, good or bad.
The options are "pertinent", "agree", and "respectfully disagree".

How do I express my ANGERY though?
Oppressing my feelings might lead me to depression or even worse

You can only "respectfully disagree".
Gotta preserve their feelings, mate.

Tbh, if I had a forum about a game I make I would only have "Enthusiastically Agree" and "Donate"

Tbh, my options could be "call a faggot", "wishes he was death", "beg for death to kill that dude" and "kinda agree".

>browsing through my contacts to get some terraforming gas trade deal
>reach my greatest ally's strategic resources
>living metal

Because that would require them to get their shit together

>I don't get why they don't just make the same game but in space

>t. bourgeois

In term of gameplay, commie are like an endgame crisis, except it randomly corrupts your pops.

le communism meme >>

How do I get FErnando Senpai to notice me?

You besiege all of his planets at once.

>get
Make him

>tu
kek

The best thing about taking a Ringworld isn't the system, but telling everyone you did it.

are you the guy from last night?

N-no?

>Saiiban

Aren't those the hive mind birds from the Dev Diaries?

ah ok, he found a ringworld so i just thought maybe you were him

its a randomly generated name... but i think they were birds

So this is what getting cucked feels like.

The AI is completely incapable with all settings, they just get free settlers with higher difficulties

>allowing yourself to get cucked by filthy xenos
you bring shame upon humanity

>genocide one just-FTL'd primitives planet because it's in the way of my continental paradise
>everyone hates my guts
>they wall me in
>decide to make it up to them and not genocide anyone else
>still have to go to war because terraforming is slow
>notice I can just cleanse planets as a war goal and it costs slightly less than ceding them
>the purging is IMMEDIATE
I guess it was written in the stars

>mfw after slaughtering those spear-chucking scum for evolving on *my* 24 tile water world

>mfw my rogue agent geico gecko falls in love with a god damn cockroach

How's the ground combat in stellaris? Is it at least touched upon a little like in distant worlds?

its just circle health bars and tiny ui that says how strong they are, but they will probably fix this in a later update (so with our luck 2020)
pic related is also my agent

>ground combat
>stellaris

you must negotiate a corridor, or else blitzkrieg

PLAYABLE ROBOTS WHEN

How do I git gud at Civ 5? I always have trouble winning games on it but on Civ 4 I can almost always win. Is there a thing I need to change in my strategy to complete games?

4 cities max

This is written by Sulla btw, a veteran of civ games dating back to civ3 release who was also an alpha tester for 4. He knows his stuff.

What is that guy whining about? I play 8 city games in Civ V all the time and consistently become the big dick on the block.

It's not hard to break even or even generate profit on science or culture or happiness with a fresh city, and once that's done you have access to new lands, new strategic resources and a new place to produce units.

yet you could have a bigger dick with 4

being the 'big dick on the block' in prince difficulty doesn't matter, its a literal fact that 4 cities is the way to go for high level civ 5 games

Has anyone tried the new civ 6 scenario? Looks good.

Is civ 6 good yet

Utopia

You can turn you pops into cyborgs then into synthetics

>It'll be overpriced
>He pays for Paradox DLC

Would you download a battleship, user? Piracy is bad.

>being a cuck

>being a paracuck

>being

We'll fix it.
t. F. Purifiers

Nope.

PRE-FTL MACHINE COLONY STARTING SCENARIO WHEN?

Yep.

hard sci fi space 4x with no ftl when

REAL LIFE FTL WHEN

Perhaps.

Never

there's only more loneliness out there

>managing Moon/Mars/Jupiter colonies
>conflict strictly Human/Human Gundam-style
bretty baller

you can already play ftl in real life

Humans can overcome any engineering hurdle. They can't overcome physics.

Sounds like a challenge.

"Hit it with a wrench" has never been more appropriate

i'm gonna hit the speed of light with a wrench

ca. 1969

Multiple times
At the same time
Every time and space

Make up your mind.
Let me add some more details.
I'm not a great player, I played 5 on normal.
So all I need is a vaguely competent ai and I'm good. The patch notes look promising.

So, should I go for it?

ROBOT WAIFU WHEN
UTOPIA WHEN
SINGULARITY WHEN

>robot waifu when
5 years
>utopia when
see answer 3
>singularity when
never

>SINGULARITY WHEN
You already have singularities and they love you. Praise the Worm!

The challenge is creating thousands of giant superconducting cables stretched between the Venusian surface and geostationary radiators panels thousands of kilometers across in order to bleed away Venus's excess thermal energy and allow it to be terraformed. That is physically possible, just implausibly difficult to do and dependent on technologies we don't even know are possible. Traveling FTL is a violation of physics and therefore makes terraforming Venus look like doing 1+1=2 by comparison. More than that. It's literally impossible.

Now, maybe our understanding of physics will change, but it won't be because we are TRYING to make something happen. No amount of effort will change how physics works. And if you are throwing out our current conception of physics then you are throwing out your entire means of making predictions and planning for humanity's future in the first place.

Ask again later.

Why did the Worm make me look like that opera singer from Fifth Element.

Does the Worm really love me?

>decide to boot up a tiny galaxy game in stellaris
>My neighbor is an early start empire with the opposite ethos to me
>Shits out a 2k power fleet while everyone else has at max 700
Welp

>Playing with Cheating AIs.
>Playing on Tiny.

You kinda deserve that mang.

This scenario is kind of tough. I wasn't anywhere near my goal of 500 gpt and I'm only on Prince.

The mathematics state that the universe itself does not accommodate it

Of course it does, user. The Worm loves all. Except niggers

Then find some new mathematics that make it work.

I'm only semi-kidding, that's how most progress in math happens.

speaking of niggers how would syncretic evolution work in horizon signal... would the other pop change too or?

the equations are indeed wrong, and there's probably a significant covert effort to keep them that way

Do you guys get this question so often you're sick of it? Because nobody is replying seriously to me. ;_;

Fuck it, I'll pirate the latest one and see what occurs. Hope it's good.

And there you go, little bit of thinking got you the answer

Fine, here's my answer.

It's on tier with G&Ks but with even more potential for development. It just is so innately superior to vanilla Civ V that it will no doubt eventually surpass BNW. However there are kings that still need to be worked out like supposed exploitability (I haven't experienced it yet but a lot of anons bitch about it).