You are given a budget of $300,000 to buy a car to drive coast-to-coast. For leisure, not a race

You are given a budget of $300,000 to buy a car to drive coast-to-coast. For leisure, not a race.

What do you drive?
Where do you start?
Where do you end up?
Do you bring a passenger?

Coast-to-coast in Eurasia? Probably pic related.

Civic with some nice mods.

>What do you drive?

A bright red Acura NSX (Honda)

>Where do you start?
>Where do you end up?

American here. I start in Charleston SC, work my way up through upstate SC And through Tennessee, then haul ass across the midwest before finishing in Portland OR.

>Do you bring a passenger?

I think I'd just invest in hookers along the way.

I'd probably drive a Hellcat. They are pretty comfy, and no matter what gear you are in when you punch it, it goes. Leave from somewhere in the south and end up in NCal.

Make it 3000 and you've got a thread.

This, senpai. "What would you so if you massively overbudgeted for something" is not a thread because the answer is "idk whatever i want"

Max comfy without getting stranded in the midwest and dying of thirst is going to be something in the Buick LeSabre/Park Avenue range. Not to mention that if you disable the fuel shut off you can hit a good 140, not that you'd want to. The front end gets really light in these at high speeds.

LC500

Rolls Royce ghost. Maximum comfy.

Ultra low mileage 1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier. Along with some blankets and a pillow so I can sleep in it.

c6, start in california, end up in maine. Bring a co driver/navigator, probably my girl and my dog if she can fit in the hatch with the hockey bags of vacuum sealed weed.

Leave it to the people who do it for a living to know the most about driving from coast to coast.

>if you had a gorillion dollars and loads of free time what would you do?
Great thread, faggot.

you masturbate for a living?

How did that end up for you :^]

Wonderfully. I've never been caught transporting a payload, just distributing and possessing locally.

Damn friend shes mad cute. Nice gf too

Yup, 10/10 doggo, bretty good girl

SL65 AMG Black series

Comfy and powerful.

DB9 drop top, spend the rest on filling my travel bag with cocaine. Miami to California

nigger if they had a choice, it would not be in their work vehicle.

>For leisure, not a race.
Well then.

>What do you drive?
A Volks camper
>Where do you start?
Ottawa
>Where do you end up?
To the Vancouver than drive to San Diego. Not sure if the VW will make it
Well see whom I pick up along the way

$3k Civic and $297k worth of high class hookers, cocaine and bribe money.

You'll get all the hairy unwashed snatch you want, and more.

>What do you drive?
Sick Punto
>Where do you start?
Scarborough
>Where do you end up?
Blackpool
Me bird innit

Semi trucks are supremely soft riding, otherwise you wouldn't bear driving them for 12 hours a day for years. Also with a custom one you can literally haul your own bed and bathroom with you.

>You'll get all the hairy unwashed snatch you want, and more.
I'm looking forward to it. Where do you think i'll find them in a gender studies class?

>Scarborough
You're Filipino aren't you?

>Where do you start?
My home state of Nebraska.
>Where do you end up?
drive straight down to Texas and go west into New Mexico, Arizona through southern California to Los Angeles then continuing north from there past Oregon finishing in Seattle Washington on the Space Needle.
I like the idea of venturing into the unknown
by myself meeting different people and seeing different cultures i could never see in Nebraska. id probably stay 3 days in each location before moving on.
Muh NIGGA! i want mine in black.

Aren't these the least comfy cars to drive long distances? Also you will be filling up every 300 miles.

Expo built AEV brute double cab with a Diesel engine
Idk if I'd take people with me

I'd start in Alaska, head down to Baja and back up and down all the way across the country

Mclaren MP4
Start in Texas drive to Washington
no passenger

>What do you drive?
J70 Land Cruiser.
>Where do you start?
Rotterdam.
>Where do you end up?
Vladivostok.
Yes.

Rolls Royce
Bay Area
The Statue of Liberty
No.

>911 R
>uncomfy
I could agree since it has no sound deadening and droning along at the speed limit will get annoying eventually.
>black series
>uncomfy
Why? seems like it has all the qualities of a luxury GT cruiser.
>NSX
>uncomfy
Again, why? probably not as comfy as the merc but unless its cramped for fatasses or tall people doesn't seem like there's much to dislike.
>dat god tier sounding hondu V6

And with 911R if you spec the carbon buckets they don't recline at all. But I don't give two shits, that's my choice as well

I'd start from Cape cod (home) and end in San diego. Bring wifey

coast to coast? probably something fast.. yet comfortable

a lot of reviews say the Black Series is one of the most uncomfortable mercedes ever. the 911R is literally a GT3 with different bodywork and a manual transmission, which might not be too bad if you're on nice roads. and the NSX has dynamic suspension

>What do you drive?

1000bhp modified Skyline R34 (w/ muh leather seats for comfort)

>Where do you start?

Los Angeles

>Where do you end up?

Miami

My wife

>inb4 "skyline is uncomfortable IT'S FOR LESUIRE NOT RACE"

I just want to be able to pass people all the time kek

Drive a Mazda cx3, from St John's to Victoria.

Just 1 passenger. Whichever one of my friends is bored enough to put up with my shit for a week.

>asks car board about cars
>gives them budget to fit everything short of hypercar
>expects discussion
>doesn't realize that almost every car at that price point will be good
>very little debate
>basically supercar circlejerk

OP y u do dis

i've been on Veeky Forums for ten years, i've see every stupid thread that anyone could ever hope to think up. some times i just want to jerk off to the idea of driving across the country in a nice car

Damn. What was Veeky Forums like back in the day?

Maybach, and pay a guy $2k to drive it. Start in Washington State and end in Rohoboth Beach Delaware. Bring my GF for HJ's.

I want to know too. tell us a story gramps.
>back in MY Veeky Forums days!

911 R
Start in SF (home), Vegas for a week, Utah, Rockies, Austin, immediate northern turn to avoid the fucking deep south, Missouri, Illinois, Ohio, DC, NYNY, Boston, done.

No fucking passengers but the slutty waitresses and hitchhiking runaways I might pick up along the way.

Literally the same, but with funnier trips and GTR vs Corvette was replaced with Mustang vs Corvette. That's about it. A little more original meme'ing. But not much different.

>what i drive
a nice saab 900
>i start at seattle going around everywhere
>back at seattle, at sunset, with my nice saab, and my girl
>my girlfriend obviously.

Maserati Khamsin across the USA, starting in Seattle and ending in Miami. No passengers.

pff, it was way different. tripfags ruled the board, user was in the far minority. everyone got along (for the most part) and there was always 1 single troll (besides anonymous) that would just rattle everyone's nerves. first it was frolo, then Sieg Heil, then That Dude with a Terminator, then it was Frosty, but now it doesn't seem like anyone holds that seat just yet.

but the memes were fewer in quantity but they seemed to make up for that in creative quality. a lot of LS1 talk, a lot of Gran Turismo, never any /general/ threads as there were a lot of people who came to Veeky Forums with questions that were new. thankfully a lot of the older people knew their shit and actually worked on their own cars, so there seemed to always be a cool thread going on somewhere.

Turtletron, Aerodynamic Pants, K Series, etc etc. it was fun times.

if you guys ever wanted Veeky Forums to be cool and fun again, you'd have to cut the fuck out on the endless bickering and always replying in troll threads. some things just aren't worth arguing.

oh yeah and how can i forget when Hakosura came on the scene. a real Japanese guy from Japan that owned an R34 and everything. the board was fucking floored that the guy from all the animes and mangas had found them on Veeky Forums, some how. he was some rich Japanese student who owned a Skyline (among other cars) and would post pictures from Japanese car shows and talk about Japanese culture in general. cool guy, got ragged on a lot but i think it was just out of jealousy.

pic related
portsea
broome
my mom and dad, dad to help me fix if shit breaks, and my mom to cook food.

how long do we have? types of roads? route?
Any big merc but a CL65 AMG would be ideal

Hit major cities
Start in LA -> Vegas -> Phoenix - >Denver -> Dallas -> Chicago -> Miami -> Atlanta - > DC -> NYC -> Boston

Bro riding shotgun
We only stay in Hilton hotels and eat at sit downs every night
57 days total time

Used to have Piston threads
Dank ass memes involving trees and subarus
people actually had cars they worked on not just bolt on mustangs
Civics used to be fast before herrafrush fucked them all up

Dank ass trips

>Turtletron
rip

>tripfags ruled the board, user was in the far minority.
>everyone got along (for the most part)
>but the memes were fewer in quantity but they seemed to make up for that in creative quality.
>a lot of LS1 talk, a lot of Gran Turismo, never any /general/ threads as there were a lot of people who came to Veeky Forums with questions that were new.
>thankfully a lot of the older people knew their shit and actually worked on their own cars, so there seemed to always be a cool thread going on somewhere.

Wow, that sounds cool as fuck. Some people suggest that i should just roll with the memes and "that's just Veeky Forums" when i discuss the quality of this board and i knew it could legitimately be better even (with) memes instead of the stale garbage we have today. i always envisioned this place as being my central hub for car talk and it seems like at one point it very well would've been. thanks for the stories oldfags.

No, you dont want a ute if you can afford a 200 series. Wheelbase too long, engine too small, the one in the photo has no roofrack, shit mileage with small tank.
Not to mention that your end coast should be cape leveque

Already done a coast to coast to coast trip, if you only care about the driving you are missing the point. Its as much about all the things you do on the way

100 3k Civic

No repairs, no buying gas. Just using what's in the tank and getting another one

I drive an RV or a marauder whichever

start in Florida

End in California

Yes my gf so I can get that good succ

> Buy a 2000's Ford Gt
> US 50

> Fuck comfort, I now own a fucking Ford Gt

Ford Ranger
>Starting point : Lisboa, Portugal
>Finishing line : Vladivostok, Russia
Total distance : 13700 km

Lmao this

>Doesn't want to drive their nice car

Fag alert

Are you 12?

You will never make it.

No, that's cab-over truck drivers you retard.

How are you going to bring the other cars with you, you fucking retard?

Theoretically he'd buy a new one just along the way, but it's the most retarded idea ITT

991.2 911 Turbo S. Comfy GT cruiser with power for days. Start in San Francisco and make my way to NYC.

Only good answer.

Where i'd start, shit I don't know, main I guess, move my way down the coast to virginia cut west through virginia, WV, KY, then head south through TN, Mississippi to the coast, west again through louisiana to Texas and cut straight through to new mexico, Arizona, up California coast, through Oregon and maybe washington

There's no rhyme nor reason for this path, just goes through a lot of states I know are beautiful and other states I want to visit

as for passenger I'm not sure, maybe? Probably not

> Coast to coast
I live in britain. Give me the money and I'll just take my DD for it. Won't take long, and I'll just pocket the budget.

Pull a Kavinsky and get a red testa for maximum comfy.

If I'm going solo, a motorcycle, probably an Indian bagger. With bros, a 4runner kitted out for off-road bullshit. Or motorcycle. With a broad, some old Porsche or a bitchin' Camaro. Or a motorcycle if she rides.

Tesla Model X
Comfy enough cabin, has autopilot feature for long ass rides, and minimal noise.

Guys, OP is asking for coast-to-coast trip, not a 400 mile trip.

the new Porsche 911 Turbo S (991-2 version) -start in Miami wind up in Vegas...

just a few simple mods

where are you going to charge it up when you're spending 3/4ths of the trip in states with no EV knowledge

> GMC conversion van
> start in MN drive to Yellowstone, Big Sur, Vegas, New Orleans and back up
> bring a couple of buddies to rotate driving and for company

That would be a good ol time 2bh

Backseat is definetly the place to be in a maybach.

Tour bus and a bus driver. Bring a group of people and party across the country

Car: Bentley Continental GT3-R (perfect comfort and performance balance)
Start: San Francisco
End: New York

Honda Accord V6
Start in Boston, take I-90 to Seattle.

Subaru Legacy Spec B, nicely tuned.
Start from Alaska, down the coast til the border, east to Texas, and then go up.

Only trucks that don't have the cab right ontop of the steers.