Is this a good deal?

Is this a good deal?

I think so. I was lookingat a 14-16 optima too, for a cheap commuter I cant put 20k-30k miles per year on. Good gas mileage, nice size, available in manual, nav, backup cam and leather? They're great cars under 15k

>Kia for 13k
>not civic for 3k
Just waste my money up

Just high mileage me up

>caring this much about mileage
45 year old soccer mom giving advice to her son about buying a car-tier

It's a great deal, says so right there in the ad

Why are you so fixated on convincing people to buy a high mileage decade old slow and small shitbox? 3k civic is something you buy if you're poor and need a quick fix. Maybe that's how you live your life, buying damaged and abused used goods?

Well surely the suspensions on those civics are about as loose and blown out as your mom.

You can waste your money if you want, I'm just here to point out that it's stupid.

Enjoy wasting money on fixing it , retard

Haha like what, 500 bucks at most if I'm retarded and don't know how to inspect used cars?

Enjoy dealing with rust on your 12 year old econobox

I can't tell if people like you are being serious or not. You have to be fucking retarded to think buying a 150,000 mile 12 year old Civic is a financially savvy idea.

How is it not? Are you being serious? Are you some rich asshole that doesn't understand the significance of 9 thousand dollars? Do you really think it costs so much to maintain a Honda Civic? How did you end up on this board?

150K miles is pushing it

but finding an econobox just under 10 years old with 50K miles or less would only be around $5K-$7K.

Double what a $3K Civic would cost but definitely worth it to avoid most troubles outside of brakes.

This. The 3k Civic fag doesn't understand car longevity beyond a years worth of ownership.

Then go buy one if you're so hard about them, fag.

I make enough money that I don't have to deal with fixing my car every few months out of desperation because all I could afford was a high mileage car. Being nickel and dimed with fixing something isn't a wise choice, it might work when you are neet or work 10 hours a week at McDonald's, but most people don't have time to constantly fix their shit heap. Also I like the ability to accelerate up hills.

Maybe I'm too blue collar to understand. Worst case scenario: engine throws a rod - I get a new engine for like 1k. Blown head gasket? No problem, 300 dollars and you're good to go. Suspension parts are stupid cheap in the scrapyard.
You mean you're too much of a fag to fix something every 6 months? Honda Civics are known for reliability for a reason.

At the end of the day you're still saddled with an old deathtrap piece of slow turd that has high insurance rates because it's the most stolen vehicle in America. But keep telling yourself you're saving yourself money, especially since you don't even consider your own labor fixing it up.

Hey, I'm still young, I'm sure I will become a boring old fart with a base model Kia or Hyundai at the age of 35.

I wouldn't usually recommend a Civic as they really are slow, but a person that has 12k and wants to buy a Kia surely can't be an enthusiast.
Personally I'd get something like a 135i if I had that kind of money.

>but a person that has 12k and wants to buy a Kia surely can't be an enthusiast

Is there something wrong with this? You're still in your boy racer days so I get it. When I lurked Veeky Forums back in 2011 I was hyped for the FRS and 5.0 Mustang. Now Im married and making good money and would rather just buy something newish that's affordable without all the uneccsary bells and whistles new cars come with.

Not everyone on this board is an "enthusiast" the way you envision.

Alright, whatever man, just please at least get the 2 liter turbo.
I don't understand what's the point of making good money if you're gonna live a shitty life.

so you're not an enthusiast
we get it.
still, 3k civic.

>buying a kia

3k Sonata is superior and can actually accelerate up hills.

It's actually slightly slower than a base model 6th gen 1.6 Civic.

My old 3.3 is still faster than an 8/9th gen Civic Si. And it's a family car. Kek.

I assumed the image is of a 2.7.

Then get a v6 accord. honda > toyota >>>>>> kia/hyundai

Good luck finding a last gen Accord V6 or Camry in that price range. And the generations before that were both fugly.

Its a good deal i bought my wife one and have had it for three years. I bought for her when i got tired of fixing her old car to the point of which it would cost more than the 2k it was worth. No issues good transportation.

>you
Kys Alphonse

for 12 k? great googly moogly.

is it a dealership or a private seller? financing? if you can get gap insurance with it, I say go for it.

no enthusiast is buying a 3k civic you fucking stooge. get the fuck out already.