incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

itch.io/jam/rush-hour-jam
poal.me/ibpc7j
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Post concept art

I figured out how to fix /4gdg/

I can now find all the progress in just a few minutes, and dev without being distracted by shitposting.

Use this as custom CSS:
.post.reply > *:not(.file), div.sideArrows{display:none;}
.replyContainer{display:inline-block;}
.replyContainer *{font-size:0;margin:0!important;padding:0!important;text-align:center!important;float:none!important;}
.replyContainer img{margin:6px 0 0!important;}
div.reply{display:block;min-height:150px;border:none;}
div.post div.file{padding:2px 6px 6px!important;border:1px solid #aaf;}
.fileText a{font-size:13px;margin:0!important;display:block;}

How do you actually set up to make your first thing?
Farthest I got in observing people discussing this was either people recommending an engine or just a language and then telling people to download a bunch of libraries about which I have no goddamn clue what they are or do.

Do spritesi not yet being used count as concept art?

No, only if you're not going to use them.

What do you even want to make?
If it's a game then literally just download an engine, if you want to jerk off over muh coding experience then pick a language.

Install Unity and just go

In the final game that is. Some use concept art as placeholders.

You can put 4chanX on fap mode. It will only show posts with images.

fuck myself?
you realize this is the crucial part nobody ever explains and one of the biggest reasons people stop dead after installing?

wha

It will always depends on what you want. There is no universal engine and libraries that works on any kind of game you will ever want.

If you don't even know what you want to make, then start by doing tutorials.

Dude. Watch some bullshit inspiration stuff. You are clearly empty of ideas. Once you have inspiration you can atleast start.

define "thing"
first game?
first engine?
first program?

literally just read the fucking manual

Download Godot, download the demo projects, check them out. Read the docs. Watch tutorials.

today i'm gonna add fuckload of interesting items to my borderlands clone and make the crafting system better.

now i just need some place i can rip some cool 3d models off.

enjoy your pedo-pig jam degenerates

i would, but i'm stuck at the point where i realize i need loomis yet i can't find the discipline to grind

91% toxic

How do you guys keep up with code when it gets longer? I've studied programming for a few years already and I have no idea how people do it. When I have a thousand lines of code, I'm already completely lost.

Separate it into multiple files. Don't Repeat Yourself. Make functions of things you do often. Use classes. Use comments.

There is no need to be upset

All of these except for the last one.

Better organization.
Good comments.
Thoughtful naming.
If you're too busy to keep it in your head... a chart of how shit connects might help. I've never needed that though, with my ~20k LOC codebase.

thanks I will!

Tell me the secret to a successful Kikestarter campaign!

This is a gamedev general, not a scam artist general

GOOD graphics

pre-existing fan base

like Undertale?

Reminder that the RUSH HOUR JAM page is live
itch.io/jam/rush-hour-jam

for undertale applies instead

what do you guys think of my new game

Fuck man, don't be such a basic bitch. Obviously there are different paths to get there.

>undertale was kickstarted
what das fuck

But that is old

I want to make a 2D shooter, but I keep bouncing back and forth between different types of 2D shooters.

Which sort of shooter should I make?

poal.me/ibpc7j

If you can't decide on your own you'll never make it

How often does Valve pick games to greenlight?

I'm struggling with art block and obsessing over how the visuals must be perfect even though I'm not a triple A studio.

How do I convince myself to just do it?
For christ's sake it's going to be free but I still feel pressured somehow.

Literally never.

>How do I convince myself to just do it?
Tell yourself you're going to make it intentionally bad.

Once every couple weeks or so.

Started working on an abstract dungeon crawler.

I want to experiment with procedural dungeon layout generation, without the hassle of generating concrete tile maps, puzzles, enemy placement, and so on. So I'm making a simple game that doesn't have any of those details, where you can play through an abstract dungeon layout directly.

So far:
> rooms
> doors
> windows - let you see what's in an adjacent room, but don't let you go there directly
> secret passages - one side is invisible until you've entered the passage from the other side

Remaining:
> chests & inventory system
> keys & locked doors
> obstacles - puzzles, enemies, etc
> minimap

My game's protagonist

Neato

nice shadowverse reference

What are you going to do to make it marketeable?

One of the main antagonists.

What should I model

is she like, wearing a spine and a ribcage of something much bigger on her back as an accessory?

A cassette tape.

I would but it's so hilariously bad that I would be bullied.

Yep. Show her connection to death/the dead.
Note that it's being held on by the spirits surrounding her so it's also a show of force and control.

Wow, I've never had someone impersonate me before, I feel like I've hit a big milestone today.

Whats the best game ever made with Unity?

undertale

if you didn't pay money for it to someone with YEARS OF EXPERIENCE, no, you won't

Moths have feelings too

I've posted it before. Yes I will, on the concept of the attempted art style alone.

Got energy packets working and polished resource generation and storage.

Next up is optimizing it a little bit and making it so that packets that lose track of their destinies go to the nearest storage instead (when transmission poles are destroyed for example), then probably some super basic enemy AI.

I'm open to suggestions for units, I'm planning on doing lasers, mirrors that reflect lasers and lasers.

Ori and the blind forest

Is that the moth shmup?

I maek sprite

I did this a while back, the lazy mage girl that joins you on your journey. Also >HANDS

What about lasers?

I'm imagining programming this and it's heinously tedious. Looking cool tho.

So I wanna use existing games sprites as placeholder art. Googled for some ripped spritesheets and maybe I am stupid but how exactly am I supposed to use these sheets when the sprites have different sizes and are placed at arbitrary locations?

Yes!

So is she a monkey girl?

You align them yourself.

Is that a rhetorical question? Is there someone else on agdg who constantly posts tittymoths? No shit it's the moth shmup.

Nah I was trying for a sort of "falling through the sky" sort of thing. That's the ass flap on her tunic.

All of them? One by one? By hand? By myself?

Oh sorry I meant you're supposed to enter them into a magical program that aligns them all automatically and at no cost of effort for the user.

And a bigger map for good measure.

Someone made an AUR package for my last game. Now I'm feeling self-conscious and want to fix all the problems with it.

What engine are you using?

Put navmesh on a separate layer, gives me much higher flexibility and accuracy.

Been working on an idea for an SRPG with resource management mechanics, but I'm afraid it'll be too much like The Banner Saga.

>You play as a group of knights caught up in a political power play; you are the fall guys basically and have to be eliminated
>Get hounded around the kingdom until there's nowhere left to run
>Game themes are free will vs. determinism, the nature of history, the pitfalls of honor, etc. but that's not important
>World map screen is for foraging for food and water, crafting, alchemy, bartering for materials and information with villagers, conversing with your party, etc.
>Notoriety meter affects difficulty level of battles, frequency of military checkpoints, search parties, traps, etc.
>Towns and shops can only be visited a certain number of times without attracting the eye of local authorities
>Fixed number of party members (no recruitment like some SRPGs), and at a certain point in the story you have to let one of them die
>Difficulty and scarcity of resources gradually ramps up (obviously), to create an atmosphere of hopelessness and inevitability
>Varied class system, multiple endings, and NG+ make for high replayability
>FF Tactics/Tactics Ogre style gameplay (still deciding how to flesh this out a bit)
>Hand-drawn watercolor graphics (already have the writer on clutch for this)

Would you play?

are minecraft graphics, ok?

Realistically it shouldn't be hard to actually make such a program. Maybe that's a coding project for next weekend.

hey /agdg/,
I'm gonna post two pics.

What look do you prefer?
(1/2)

NO

ok

Oh good, I mean what sort of world would that be where people take the time to rip sprites but instead of putting them at an equal distance between each other to make them easier to use, they just dump them as close as possible.

Sorry but I'm not interested. Good luck though.

How long do y'all usually spend in your planning phase? I'm talking purely paper.

or this?
(2/2)

Neither kys hurf durf I have no penis

define minecraft graphics

If you mean pseudoretro square shit with 4x4 textures then yeah it's pretty horrible, but low-poly can look good if done right.

this

This one if you can improve the textures.

Till about 2000 lines and then I'm good.

This one