What is your opinion on the 1. Gen TT Quattro?

What is your opinion on the 1. Gen TT Quattro?

I'm looking for something sporty for European standards for preferably around 5k€ and I saw a decent amount of those with good mileage. Obviously they're fairly odd looking but in my opinion by lowering the car a bit and putting on some sweet wheels it looks real good.

Also I understand that a Miata ist most definetly way more fun to drive but I'd really like more HP because I do lots of Autobahn driving and it would be my daily.

>understeer
>wrong wheel drive
just get an e30 or e46.

TT is basically a worse version of pic related in pretty much every regard

if you want a better tt, buy a golf

It is actually quite famous for being a deathmachine due to lift off oversteer.

>just get an e30 or e46.
e30s are ridiculously expensive in Germany and the e46s are all driven by Turks so the insurance is twice as expensive as for the TT.

Actually the MK5 GTI would cost me about 2-3k€ more and it is slower in almost every way, pic related the TT is right. I also do not mind the TT being the worse version of a car that is twice as expensive.

Don't do it op, get an e46 330ci.

Then it sounds like you need to get a shitbox like every other europoor. Get an older mercedes or an e39 530i.

Why should I buy a slower and in every way more expensive landbarge?

Because comfier and correct wheel drive. TT is nothing special. If you want to go fast get a fucking motorcycle.

Who cares if a landbarge is FWD or RWD it still won't go around the togay, especially if we're talking about a regular 530. Also if I would be interesting in motorcycles I would get one, unfortunately I'm not.

>€6-9k for ~100k km odo
>ridiculously expensive

it's literally a golf but more ugly and less practical

You don't understand. Comfy on the autobahn and good on the touge are at odds with each other. The better a car is at one it'll be worse at the other.

6-9k for a 30 year old, ~100hp slow but good looking shitbox is ridiculously expensive in my eyes.

It may be, but unfortunately every MK5 or MK4 Golf but for the R32s are slower and more expensive.

Neither do you, it doesn't really matter if your car is rwd or fwd on the Autobahn.

>Amerikaner nach ihrer Meinung zu Produkten aus dem VAG-Konzern fragen
Ach du. Du solltest wissen, dass Ameribürger nicht verstehen, dass Audis in D gebraucht billiger sind als vergleichbare VWs.

Der TT ist ein Design-Klassiker und wird eher im Wert steigen. Die Golf-4-Technik ist weitestgehend unproblematisch, nur die Stromkabel sind dank Öko-Kunststoffummantelungen natürlich ein erhöhtes Risiko im Alter. Autobahn-Komfort wird akzeptabel sein, wenn sogar ein A4 B5 für normale Leute sehr langstreckentauglich ist.

Tu es!

The 1st gen TT had/has massive problems with the 1.8T engine.

you want a low-budget torpedo ?
>Audi A6 C5 with the 2.5 TDI V6 engine
>Golf V with the 2.0FSI engine
>Passat B6 with the 2.0FSI engine
>Mercedes CLK230 Kompressor ( thirsty engine tho )
>BMW E46 318i FL ( the 143 bhp version )
All of these are in the 5 grand budget

>you want a low-budget torpedo ?
>Audi A6 C5 with the 2.5 TDI V6 engine
pls no
>BMW E46 318i FL ( the 143 bhp version )
marginally faster than an A4 1.8

>he's not into motorsexles
DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

pay a bit more and buy lexus is200, they shouldn't be too expensive in germany

Save up a bit longer and buy a Boxster.

>disease-al A6 and a Passat

Exciting choices

>A6 2.5 TDI
Wasn't that thing unreliable as all fuck?

>B6 Passat 2.0 FSI
>not a B5 4Motion/Syncro with based 1.8T

just get an MKIV R32, same chassis and engine without the girly exterior