Is 16 inch too small?

Is 16 inch too small?

That just highlights how fat cars have gotten.

for modern cars yes
this would look fine with 17"

yes. get a v6 accord with 18s faggot.

No

Nigger

this man knows exactly what's up.

Good size for comfort, mpgs and acceleration. Anything bigger than 17 is unnecessary in most cars.

You can get Civics with 19s now

Yet another reason why the new Civic is shit

They are going all out catering to the ricer crowd

Only basketball Americans like big rimz

Is that why performance trims of European cars come with 18+ rimz on their compacts?

The truth hurts.

Pretty much.

>mfw I park my E28 next to a new 3 series

Am I the only one that thinks that looks fine? Honestly.

>be me
>15" wheels
>31" tires

Except it's actually a really good car

But you've never driven it so you wouldn't know

>really good car
>enormous, bloated, fugly econobox

>2800lbs is bloated
You're an idiot

>1,000lbs more than the original isn't bloated
>30% physically larger than the original isn't bloated
kek

>modern car vs 40 year old tin can

>hurr durr its modern so bloat is ok
it's not

Good news is that you can still buy total shitboxes brand new like the Mitsubishi Mirage. They come with manual windows and everything

But you can't even afford that much, can you?

>honda fangirl
>straight to the ad hominem "you're poor" shit
kek-a-roonie
Keep worshipping your fat ugly econobox kiddo im out

Depends on the era of the car, what you're trying to do with the car, and how big your brakes need to be.

>40s to early 80s
Stick with 14 or 15
>80s to mid 2000s
15 or 16, 17 only if you're building up your car and the big brakes just don't fit under a 16, like if I wanted to put WRX brakes on my Legacy.
>late 2000s up
17-19. 20 and up is just ridiculous and adds a lot of unnecessary unsprung weight. You could get away with 16 or maaaybe 15 on compact/subcompact car.

Smaller wheels with taller sidewalls will be better for comfort and off roading, and tires are cheaper. If you need a poorfag car and want to keep running costs down, buy one with small wheels. I work at a tire shop and we have customers every day who bought a shiny new shitbox with the fancy big ass alloys and they always get all mad and huffy when they find out their 17"+ low profile tires are expensive.

Larger wheels with shorter (and stiffer) sidewalls will be better for handling and steering feel, but they need to be lightweight to keep the unsprung weight down.

You're so kewl user, I bet your $3000 Civic pulls all the bitches

what the fug

yes

I had 17s on my AE111 and it looked decent. I put those same wheels on an AW11 and it looked a little ridiculous. So I got some nice 15s and it looks great.

Ok, here's how this started:

>Marketing and product placement went: racing cars have larger wheels, so they're better. That makes people want to buy cars with larger wheels

What they miss is, this started because the larger wheels allowed the teams to install larger brakes, not necessarily because they grip better. Then things escalated from there. And when it comes to selling to the public, marketing has the final word over engineering.

For instance, the S2 Lotus Elise shipped with 16' at the front and 17' at the rear, but the engineers wanted to go 15' all around. Caterhams sell with fifteens, but their engineers recommend off the record to swap to 13' if you want to increase performance.

Also, an acquaintance of mine was a mechanic at a bmw's btcc team mid 90's. They were forced by bmw's marketing dept. (and later the board itself) to run their cars with 19' wheels, even though the cars performed better with 18's on about every situation.

Yer mum says yes.

for comparison: 16" wheels on a twingo

>defending the new boyracer civic

Also timestamped new civic, fag

>paying a premium for low-pro tires because you want to act like a nig nog

Is 16 feet too small?

Yes

>Implying that a 40 year old tiny tin can is comparable to a modern "compact" in terms of size and weight

The chain hang twenty fo' inches like da rims.