what car wastes the most oil in a short time

>hard mode: no rotards, no scions

Other urls found in this thread:

carcomplaints.com/Scion/tC/2007/engine/excessive_oil_consumption.shtml
newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=279042
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

anything british leyland

Just about anything from BMW M and N series engines

Audi had a 2.0 TFSI engine that drank so goddamn much oil.

VW 1.9 I4 SDI

BMW owner here, can confirm. Runs well tho

Nissans

2 strokes

ZZW30 MR2 which hasn't been cared for properly

1zz celicas and anything with a VQ35 that's over 100k miles

What do you mean Scion?

carcomplaints.com/Scion/tC/2007/engine/excessive_oil_consumption.shtml

Any JK Wrangler with the 3.8L V6.

came here to post this

Weird, anyway it's a Toyota engine must have been a production anomaly.

>1zz celicas
YOU TAKE THAT BACK

Modern Audis.

but he doesn't drive a 1zz / 7th gen celica

although 5SFE celicas commonly have bad piston rings and oil burning issues too, just not as common as the 1zz

5sfe never had issues.
1zz did, but it was easy to fix.
Owners of corollas and celicas dont care about maintenance though

A 2-stroke engine.

coworker has a 5SFE celica that busts out a blue cloud every time it starts up and it only has 80k miles on it

it's been maintained like shit though I bet, the paint is fucked with clearcoat peeling everywhere

K.
I had one in an MR2 that i beat to hell and it never burned oil. Around 180k when i sold it.

a honda d engine

My old B16 Civic. By the time I sold it, it drank more oil than gas. Still miss it

Chevy Vega.

SATURN

Anything Mazda.

Everything vag, especially the 1.4 tsi twincharged "engine of the year" in Europe for years :^)

Agreed.

I've had mine a couple weeks now. It's burned 500ml in 2000km. Not sure how the previous owner treated it, but people on forums say that kind of consumption is more or less normal for the 1zz engine regardless of what car it's in.

Already started saving for a 2zz upgrade, so I'm not all that worried about it. Guess I'll just pretend it's a rotary and check the oil every time I get fuel.

Image related: I made it for a different thread a few days ago.

Oh yeah, and also worth mentioning, the piece of shit dipstick is imfuckingpossible to read.

Bmw or a Honda v6
A rotary uses nothing in comparison

FSI's hands down

Any Honda with fibre reinforced sleeves.

I had a 91 prelude and it burned a quart every 500 miles.

My IDI will go through nearly a gallon a month.. just gotta check it every week

>0 mention of any Boxer engine

SDI or TDI? and which models? I have a 1.9 TDI and just recently bought it and did my first oil change and havent noticed anything

>no rotards
BMW and subies burn more
And the wnakel does it by design

All these replies and no one mentions STI/FQ

this wankel meme engines burn oil like a hooker smokes cigs

F1 cars burn several liters over the course of a race

My Dolomite leaks like a sieve. A friend had a 318 compact BMW and that used to leak/burn a litre a week minimum

>holding an oil jug like that
Triggered

Fuck off boomer

Standard output 302 uses undersized pistons from factory so it just fucking chugs oil

Any Honda driven by a black or brown guy. Most have a giant oil smoke stain around the fart can and burn more oil than gas. Nissan 3.8's get a mention too.

You realise that is the correct way to hold it if you want it to pour in a smooth, controllable manner?

vw 2.0t shitty ass seals, burns oil brand new

I hold mine horizontally

Doesn't really "wastes" oil, but the Lexus LS460 engine requires 9 qts of oil.

I have two 1.8L SOHC B8 Proteges.
273kms, burns enough I have to top up once or twice betwen oil changes. Conventional whatever the shop had oil
181kms on the other doesn't burn a drop. Vavoline Max Life every change since 2004.

>no one has said lancer yet
my base model shit box 02 seems to have a quart left last two times i changed the oil

2ZZ is great, but the timing cover "gasket" (it's a rubber seal, not really a gasket) is notorious for leaking and should be replaced immediately. It's soo much easier if the engine isn't in the car yet. Also, check for the lift bolts and replace them if the engine is '00-'02 because most likely, they are snapped into the rocker shaft and you won't get lift.

Thanks for the info. Probably won't actually do the swap until winter, but I'll keep that in mind.

P.S. Do you also own an MR2? How much of a difference did it make? Also, any suggestions on performance mods, or anything else I should do with the engine while it's still outside of the car?

Any Subaru with a horizontally opposed 4-cyl. Low friction motors meant to burn oil

Before mine blew up it burnt a least one and a half or two quarts per tank of gas.

My 302 Goes through more oil than my m30 m20 or M62 ever did.

No, I have a Celica GTS. But I have rode passenger in a MRS 2ZZGE swap in AutoX spec. It's a huge difference, especially since the 2ZZ revs more freely now that it's in a lighter chassis.

Another thing while the engine is out is to get stronger aftermarket valves and valve springs, those OEM are pretty weak for high rpms.

If you're going to the N/A route, read this thread, it's really informative:
newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=279042

Guess why

S2000

My m60b40 does not leak or burn oil at all.

That's because old BMW engines were durable as fuck and made to last

>all this 1zz

I had a 1zz with 190k miles on it for like a year and a half and I never had problems with it burning oil.

Fuck. I just bought a G35 at 97k and was hoping it was just the prev owners dumbass that didn't put enough oil in

Aircooled vws and 911s
2 stroke Detroit diesels

Fucking lincoln

You prob have a oil leak at the back of your intake

Mine

T F S I
F
S
I

Some even consune up to 1L/300km. There's even a class action lawsuit going on here in the Netherlands about this. This says something, class action is extremely rare here

>Buying VAG
>Getting a shit product
It's like poetry

I came here to post this

What the fuck, no one posted this yet? You literally need to POUR oil into your gas tank. This has to win hands down.

>What the fuck, no one posted this yet?
>hard mode: no rotards

I guess everyone else can read.

literally have the exact same amount of oil in my LS400 as I put in it months ago

Well I fucked up and completely missed that... I was too excited to post this oil guzzling whore. I do apologize user.

>Trabant
I don't think OP meant 2-strokes.

I doubt this specific RX7 burns too much oil though, never heard of the LS3 being a big oil burner

Not him but I think he meant RX7 in general. That is funny that it's an LS swapped RX7

Funny thing is the rx7 burns less oil by design than other cars do by flaw.

My friend's Chevy Avalanche has been wasting oil at an alarming rate due to a total failure of the oil pan gasket, apparently it's a commonplace issue. Such a goddamn hassle to fix without a jack too.

ahaha, came here to post this was not disappointed.

The N62 is designed to shit oil everywhere.

N62 has a hole in the side of the block for nothing.

DINGDINGDING

WINNER.

VAG engines are FUCKING HORRIBLE OIL GUZZLING CUNTS

The motors in neons are pretty bad for burning oil too.

Are you retarded or something.