/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>tarbo fit si edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:

>Accord V6
[YouTube] 2004 Honda accord v6 top speed run #130+ (embed)
[YouTube] 2004 Honda accord v6 straight piped with headers (embed)
[YouTube] 2016 Honda Accord V6 Manual - 0-60 Time (embed)

>B18C5 vtec
[YouTube] B18C5 VTEC KICK (embed)

>Scion xB
[YouTube] 2006 Scion xB moderate overlap IIHS crash test (embed)
[YouTube] Police Chase Scion XB in California (embed)

>Thread Music
[YouTube] SAINT PEPSI - ENJOY YOURSELF (Music Video) (embed)
[YouTube] Manuel - Gas Gas Gas (embed)

>user's parking
[YouTube] Keys thickness 27 3 17 (embed)

>Mr. Regular
[YouTube] Mr. Regular Vacations in Altoona. (embed)

>Nissan 350Z
[YouTube] My 350Z broke 200K miles today :) (embed)

>del's CRX
[YouTube] $300 for a 1985 CRX Si (embed)

>Shingu's Snek (civic)
[YouTube] wtf is that hissing (embed)
[YouTube] Brapping at night (embed)
[YouTube] Hondash bouncing (embed)

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lTkNPYOEGjw
youtu.be/ac0FOS90L7A
youtube.com/watch?v=HrIitk7NAGw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>How do I join the collage?
See pic related

>tfw osg lvls of weab.
I dont even use decals/stickers.

k

>2000 rpm idle going to work
>900 on last delivery
>1500 now

I bet that spark from my IACV wire broke my ECU. It was perfect idle before that happened. Might as well find a P28.

>800 this time

Im confus

bad eld?

wat honda has the best stock exhaust and engine sound

thank u

I'm gonna look in my ECU and find out tonight. Though I have no idea what I'll be looking for. I'll start where the IACV wire plugs into it.

The ELD is actually part of the fuse box, not the ECU.

If you want, take the lid off of the ECU and take some pictures and I'll see if anything looks fucked up

I know I replaced the fuse box at one point but I can't remember if it was before or after the spark. My old fuse box had a stripped screw holding my blown battery fuse so it was easier to swap the whole thing since my buddy had one laying around.

It's cool if people can't tell irl

You and your idle problems mayne

Acura ITR
Honda civic Si 9th gen

Post your latest comfy photo

Kek I think they forgot their hand brake or something

Comfy and checked

This is my first Honda, it's a 1995 accord with a H22A in it. Wiring and stuff is all sorts of fucked up, I didn't do the swap. I'll post a couple pictures of the car, my intent was to get it mechanically sound and as stock looking as possible, do you think it's worth my time? What have I got myself into? I have another car and bought this on a whim because it was cheap.

They tried to make it look like an f20b or just liked blue? This is an old picture, have fixed the weird relay since and replaced cracked plug wires and such

Updated collage

If you're keeping it until the wheels fall off it'll be worth it.You might have gotten into some time consuming stuff. If they really wanted to make it look like an F20B they would've made the spark plug cover silver.
Jon the collage btw see

Spotted by old roommate. Gulf Coast has great Hondas.

Any specific things to look out for when buying an RSX?

Is the outside frame in the trunk wide?
Are the rims big?
do it ride good?

Normal shit

bad synchros
dash rattles
leaking tail lights
rust
window actuators
lock actuators
torn seat including bolster
etc

February in Arizona is the most comfy

Not driving atm because passenger CV is an inch from death. This car is probably gonna be expensive to fix up but I love it

That looks like it's in great shape

Plus
leaking power steering
Oil burning/leaking

Will add your accord fãm

Get a hellarust sticker for it.

nsx type r duh

>TSX motor in a little ass hatch
Yes it's Fatt Marah but this is kinda cool

youtube.com/watch?v=lTkNPYOEGjw

/hg/, I'm in a bit of a conundrum and I want to get some opinions from you guys.

I just inherited an 09 CR-V LX with a little under 80k miles on it. It's been maintained perfectly, driven by an older family member since it was purchased, and has never given me any issues whatsoever. I've got a friend who owns a CR-V of the same year who's up to 140k miles with no issues whatsoever, so I'm pretty confident in the reliability of the model, and I know it'll get me from point A to point B consistently.

Here's the problem: It's boring as all fuck to drive, it gets mediocre to shit gas mileage depending on whether it's being driven on the highway or in the city, and the interior is pretty lackluster and uncomfortable.

Resale values on this year and trim CR-V seem to be hovering around the 8-10k range depending on mileage and such.

Here's my real question: Would I be a complete fucking retard to sell this and hunt down a different Honda or Acura that'd be a bit more fun to drive? Additionally: I don't have the knowledge to wrench, but I hear that older Hondas are a good place to start, and I'm pretty interested in learning.

tl;dr: Should I get rid of my reliable but boring 09 CR-V and find a Honda that's more fun to drive and learn to wrench on?

Get an 04-08 TL or a TSX of the same era, very good cars.
I want a TSX when I get my money up because muh comfy 7000rpm Accord.

>I'm pussy?.jpg
ever tim

>K24
>CM5anon inbound

U rang?

youtu.be/ac0FOS90L7A

Finally gonna take her out tomorrow.

>Tfw saw that gen with two Vatozone hood vents and fender vents

Disgusting.

>Scheduled to 8pm
>Finally got out at 10:45
>25 deliveries, 98 miles, and $95

I can't be stopped. Co-workers need to step it up.

Had to rip my alarm out. Would refuse to disarm. Looked it up and it's from the year 2000. Kek

I love her too much

oh for fucks sakes every time i want to work on my car something bullshit happens. this time its 10cm of snow

I think I saw this last year

Best case scenario would be to keep that and save up for another car

>tfw no alarm

Canada?

>Inb4 somebody steals it

I stopped using it a while ago anyway. Ever since my car battery died the first time I've had issues getting the fob to work on it. I might pick up a newer alarm with remote start next time.

ye
was gonna do a whole bunch of stuff too

I know the feel bro
>Day was good, then quickly became shit

What else is new

Deciding how I should go about making a kill switch. Fuel pump fuse? Fuel pump relay? Spark plug kill?

any of those are good except instead of spark plug, just do a kill switch to the ignitor power coming from the ECU (Should be A21/A22 if you're running OBD1 if i recall correctly)

alternatively, just extend the wires for the main relay and put it somewhere where you can easily unplug and take it with you.

One other thing you could do is set up the main relay so that you can disconnect the ground at will. This will make the car crank and have spark but it won't start

Fuel pump relay is common

I was thinking about the main relay too before you posted. It's what I would do.

Guys, incoming. My car with food on it. Am I officially /hg/ now?

09 Honda Civic

Nothing fancy about it, bone stock. Ex-l trim

Sorry had to cover things that may identify me. Just to be on the safe side.

>Ex-l trim
Lookin good.

You will officially be a nihga in the next thread fåm

Sweet. Gonna wash it real nice for the official pic then

Almost forgot to pull my ECU out to see if anything is fucked with it.

I kinda hope it is fucked up because that would be an easy fix and an excuse to find a P28.

Can't see shit, captain.

HOL UP

ECUs on Google don't have this dark spot. I bet this could be my problem? Looks burnt up.

give me a different angle on this capacitor

From this angle it looks bulged

get a better shot of D2 and also look at it and see if it looks burned. It may also smell if it is burned. Also look at the lid you removed and see if theres any black spots on it

Yeah some electrolyte spilled out onto the board, probably what's fucking it up.

Yeah but could just be flux too, those caps look ok from here

1/3

C24 looks roasted.

yeah thats not flux, those caps are fucked

Oh and the lid is pretty clean.

Pretty great news to me. No more troubleshooting to be done now. I'll ask around locally to find a P28 or a chipped ECU.

At least it's not fucked up enough to stop the car from driving.

You could just buy the replacement caps and solder them in and see if that helps.

I'll give that a shot if I can't find one. I bet my buddy can get his hands on one for me pretty quick. I'll probably just find any basic VTEC one since I don't really plan on racing anything anytime soon.

Maybe a track day in the future.

you can replace them all easily for like 5-10 bux
can add vtec and chip while youre at it

I'll see what I can dig up tomorrow. Would still have to buy the soldering stuff too which I don't think would be used much afterward.

A E S T H E T I C

>tfw make 45 min drive to college in 20min during heavy rain.
I scare myself sometimes. Also srs and side airbags have given out again. Lights stuck on again. Im going to take it in this time to honda.
Valve cover metled in and torn coil rings.
Missing bolts too if the first owner is unlucky.
I think im more unlucky. Bolts and studs disappear from the tray when i work on my car and sometimes shits stripped that i did not fully realise till now. That and i realise i forget to get shit for the thing everytime i work on it. Looks as bad as my old graphics card when the old psu wire burnt into it.

>Scarborough
>Ever
If it weren't for college I'd never poke around past Eglinton and Victoria Park.

This fucking guy. I pretty much never use my horn; it's only reserved for this kind of shit.
Big shoutout to truck bro who saw this coming too and gave my lots of space to go around this fucker.

Whoops.
Looking back I should have let them contact and let my front bumper strip do all the work down their side. They're at fault and anything they say to police can be proven wrong with the footage while sustaining minimal damage to my own car.

but then again insurance might total my car for a bumper scratch and I dont actually have faith in the police

I'm gonna use that proof pic if you don't upload one by the time this thread hits bump limit

Hopefully this will solve your idle problem

>tfw born in the wrong generation

That looks depressing. That guy had his indicators on, be more defensive next time you look like you sped up.

thinking of replacing the bulbs in my Civic because when the headlights are on the color difference between them and the LED DRLs (which never shut off) looks kinda wonky
what color temp would you say those LEDs are?
wanna get a halogen that matches it, at least a bit better than the stock ones

I think 9k

wet

yeah ill keep note of in the future
my instinct told me move to avoid

just because you have your indicators on doesnt mean you drive like a retarded cunt

Had to crop for file size. Gonna bring the CRX to a meet today and CnC tomorrow.

The Z doesn't look much bigger than the X in that pic. They look good together.

The grey body moulding and bumper covers on the 1st gen are so sexy.

The Zed has a bubble butt, so it's about sixteen inches longer in total length.
The square but slightly curvy lines are perfect.

>tfw no ricer gf

youtube.com/watch?v=HrIitk7NAGw

>aftermarket shit wheels
kill yourselves

the only good picture in this god awful thread