/mcg/ - Minecraft General

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

serblist.com/server/73.184.43.22:25565
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

help

Wake up you mooks

'sup, newfag here, this is my steady 20 fps creation

Almost everything is microblock

>Almost everything is microblock
Ok yeah it looks pretty neat, but lag mitigation is the secret endgame of Minecraft. If your FPS is so bad you might as well make renders.

now post with shaders

Can you guys think of anything else I can do to spruce up my animal pens? The whole area is just for decoration. All the culling is done downstairs.

>Stop playing forever ago
>Come back because I got a hankering for Minecraft
>Getting back into Thuamcraft

Fug. I used to know almost every fucking aspect by heart, now I can't even make first tier combinations.

I'm pretty sure Victus (Earth + Water) is the only one that can only be discovered by combining. You can just make that and then scan everything you own.

Magic mods are for plebs

/egg/-tier autismoindustry is a best

Shaders in Unabridged pack? Sure...

I don't see why not

I've tried but the map doesn't even start, i think it has problem with galaxy space (that even corrupts some chunk).

>Mage's Mace is +15 attack damage when equipped
>Haven't modified it or anything

Is this illegal?

Goddamnit.

Yep, like everything in thaumic tinkerer (especially the osmotic enchanter)

I'm not seeing any "Mage's Mace" in my version of TT. What are you guys on about?

ops, it's a foci of tainted magic that add +15 attack(+20 if upgraded) to the wand and it's way to easy to craft, like some very powerfull item in TT.

Yeah, but the problem is you have to install a shitty mostly useless add-on like Tainted Magic in order to get it.

Been making some slow comfy progress on my base.

I took a peek through the Tainted Magic stuff listed on the FTB wiki and it all looks pretty terrible. It's pretty tempting to install it just so I can have an easy way to craft Praetor armor, but everything else just screams "edgy" and "power creep." I mean I thought the Primordial weapons and armor from Witching Gadgets was OP, but Jesus Christ Tainted Magic makes them look tame by comparison.

Also I remember when this thing was literally a recolor of Meka's disassembler.

>Nothing personnell kid

And even the damage on that gets outbeat by this slightly.

>mmmmmwah!

who /golemaster/ here

Even Reikashit's Bedrock Sword doesn't do as much damage, btw.

Only to be outbeat by this. :^)

Mountain Castle Network is the best map.

>Cant be enchanted.

If that's true, than that makes it extremely useless.

>But can be infused with a taint that shoots out taint clouds on charge.

>All those death markers

EAT SOMETHING

Is there a mod where I can write an Ingame guidebook with pictures and shit?

I kinda wanna do this for some Jap mods and Less understood mods.

Guide-API or Enchiridion (whatever the fuck its called) might be of use.

Enchirisomethingion

Yeah, thats what I thought.
Maybe Ill add Mariculture while Im at it.

>Guide-API
There are better options. I think Vazkii even made a non-shitty utility for modders to make in-game manuals.

So I started playing 1.4.7 Voltz again because goddamn Minecraft is so bad now.

Why not use the /mcg/ wiki?

Anyone ever tried using IE windmills in the Nether before? It would be cool if you could turn them horizontally to capture hot air coming up from the lava.

i wanna be the new team AVO
someone wanna join me

I'll be a second wave member after you have a good thing going but need more bodies to pull bigger shit off.

cool sweet, it's good to have a bull pen

amen brother
I still go back to ftb once in a while

Can someone with architectural skills come on and build the entire town of mecca around this originally crashed meteor site?

can you turn that map into a server
we could make it an mcg hajj

Sweet Sweet Ichor

I am doing this on one of the serbs right now actually - serblist.com/server/73.184.43.22:25565

all that effort and you still live in a shit hole.

For the love of god put a ceiling and some flooring in

>he doesn't industrialize magic

Post your shithole.

I have that mod in my pack simply because its dev realized how dumb it was for shadow ore to be part of normal oregen, and turned it into a crucible recipe instead. I keep telling myself I'll take a better look at it one day but I never get far enough into Thaumcraft for that before making a new world nowadays.

Owner just got a ticking entity problem so server will be down for a few minutes

>try out Aether Legacy
>pretty great port of the original, even if it's barebones
>the way they create the Aether portal is bugged to where modded fluid buckets like the Ceramics one can't pick up any liquid

I'd rather have something IN GAME than in a wiki.

Was working on a castle town but not sure how much longer this trainserb2 map will be around.

>3m high rooms

>all that empty space
atleast make an extra floor jesus

Doesn't even need to be a full floor, a loft would work just fine.

where's the meteor

>empty space
what is aesthetics

pretty close to spawn, just head northeast past the witchery village

i can't join the serb?

also server had to restart again because of some sort of issue from whoever tried to join so give it like 2 minutes

Is that a naturally genned structure or is that from a meteor mod?

Thought about a mezzanine between the rafters in the middle to hold some liquid tanks but I have other space to use and I like looking up at my handmade roof after a busy day. Ah this is what it's all about lads.

It was one of those naturally spawned Applied Energistics meteors, but I fixed up the land and turned the surrounding chunks into a singular cube

Should have left the meteor intact and build a shrine to Allah in the centre.

also if that's you trying to join you have to get the pack info off the download link on the serblist, it comes with a tutorial in it incase you don't know how to import the pack data

That's some cathedral shit right there, unless you're making space for god you should put a second floor in.

oh shit my bad, im sorry

Have you been inside a cathedral before?

>curse launcher
what

How does he fit through the door if he needs that much space? Is god a giant snake?

Not giant, it's actually a 2m x 2m snek God.

>need a login
what the fuck is this
why the fuck would anyone use this

alright this is spooky

stood in the middle of my farm with an activated sigil of the green grove from BM to speed up crop growtk, with 2 golems harvesting/collecting the stuff

everything went well for like 20 minutes
then both golems just dissappeared

restarted the game, still away

;_;

whatever the fuck a cathedral would look like i'm fairly certain it doesn't look like an underground fucking box-cave dug out for a singular purpose

this happened to me once, then i found out my boys somehow slipped under the planks over water and was enjoying a bath.

the other one somehow got past the warding blocks i put around the levitator-elevator and was pressed against a ceiling i never noticed.

No then, OK it's not Winchester cathedral but it's definitely not underground and not built for a single purpose.

Is there an easy way to move an entire pack from curse to multimc?

Cursedownloader in the op, though I've never used it.

oh shit thanks, I'll ask the owner of the serb to just link the download for the pack instead of cursedata when he gets back

You should ask him to just export it via multimc and put it up on mega or dropbox or something, for fucks sake it just works as easily as curse without curse.

>having fun fucking around with a build on a >vanilla server
>there's a wither at bedrock near spawn
>an OP spawned it then used a command to half delete it (it was never legit)
>shitter cries he can't find it
>admin spawns in wither skulls
>he abuses griefprotection claims to kill the cheated in wither
>can no longer stand the disgust caused by the casuals
It took me too long to realize I should stop playing.

Ichor seems like something I'd love to make and just touch and rub it all the time. Do you think it's smooth and warm to the touch?

>playing on servers with online randos
No, online interactions are best when both parties know enough about each other to inflict physical violence upon each other with minimal effort.

Oh are we posting infusion altars now?

i dont know what any of this is but it terrifies and confuses me

How many reservoir infusions? and how much voidmetal expenditure?

What's the best single player experience in your opinion? I used to play hexxit but that was in like 2012. I don't know if there's any better options out there or what.

Making your own modpack.

this

stop being limited by other people's visions, do whatever the fuck you want, be it creative or survival, massive builds or dirt house, everything is both your wish and your command

I don't know what I want and I have no imagination though.

Singleplayer with chat.

That sounds like something you need to fix.
Also how the fuck does someone play minecraft without an imagination?