/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Last time on /bbg/: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/

/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password=/bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

First for silly helmets

Why not use the bowblade? It's tricked form is amazing.

It's all scent-based my man

Alright, I got through the Defiled chalice. Now all I have left (on this character at least, but my arcane character is stronger in general and I'm not planning on doing this on my Str character) are the 3 depth 5 chalices. Hopefully they're not TOO much of a step up from the defiled chalice, because I'd really like to get this over with so I can beat Gehrman.

Why is Wet Nurse relatively docile? I feel like she should be way more aggressive.

Viola and Gascoigne's daugther give birth to Ebrietas!

Nice blog.

I have another character using the bowblade and chikage, along with the evelyn. Shes also female for maximum edge. That run was the easiest yet.

You should have done a dante cosplay

thx, remember to like comment subscribe and follow me on twitter, facebook, tumblr, grindr, and deviantart

Holy fuck did I fall for some kind of meme with my Str/Arc build? Just started a new character, currently BL75, with 30/30 Skl/Blt. Viscerals deal upwards of 1000 damage, the Evelyn actually deals respectable damage and I just shredded Logarius like it was nothing when he was the boss I struggled against the most with my previous character.

>Holy fuck did I fall for some kind of meme with my Str/Arc build? Just started a new character, currently BL75, with 30/30 Skl/Blt
>str
>skl
?????????
which is it

How do I git gud at this game? This is my first Souls-like game and I'm stuck in the first zone.

What weapon are you using? I'm at 50 SKL and 35 BLT using rifle spear and I've been having an easier time with my STR/Arc character.

Play more aggressively, make use of Rallying mechanic, learn to parry.

Who wanna help me kill Ludwig? I feel like, besides getting hit a lot, I'm simply not doing enough damage.

Annalise is the best.

Don't fight groups, lure or run past enemies. Take advantage of rallying, lern2parry early will help a lot. The 2 Brick Trolls after opening the first shortcut are good practice.

character a) Str/Arc
character b) Skl/Blt
sorry for the ambiguous wording

BL? You should be around BL60, and have a weapon at at least +6, with at least a couple 10% gems in it.

Not getting hit is easy enough, but less damage output means a longer fight meas more opportunities to make mistakes and get hit.

Look up YouTube videos on how to open the shortcuts in the area.
Don't try to clear the entire area, rush through.
Rush either to one of the bosses or until you find some Madman's Knowledge. Encountering bosses, killing bosses and using Madman's Knowledge gets you Insight. You need at least 1 Insight to be able to level up. Once you can, overlevel yourself.

That's how I did it, anyway.

A simple +6 Saw Spear and a +7 Evelyn. They just tear through everything. Now I got a Chicago, we'll see how well that works.

she just has a larger health pool, if you do the whole fight only hitting the head you will get at least 2 staggers

I'm bl69 with a +7 fire ludwigs blade. Total 337 fire damage.

would you guys agree that defiled amy is the hardest boss in the game? disregarding the jump cheese, it has the longest range of any boss and can kill you in one hit almost guarunteed. sure the crf amys have more hp, but when fighting crf amy you are going to have top tier chalice gems already, whereas before defiled amy the best you can have are 21%ers.

It's still ez without jump cheesing. Just wait for the head to lower and attack it. Or go for the arms.

How do i start any type of srcane build? Be it pure arcane or arcane str.

>would you guys agree that defiled amy is the hardest boss in the game?
Absolutely not.

>bl69 with a +7 fire ludwigs blade. Total 337 fire damage.
That's all right in the median. You should focus on getting hit less, or doing some chalice dungeons and getting better Fire gems (you can get 16% in Lower Pthumeru).

The DLC's not going to get any easier, so if you can't beat Ludwig now there's not a lot of point in forcing it, unless you just want the HMLS.

Yeah, I figured. Wasn't that hard to get it to stagger twice when I started stabbing it.

Read the guide in the OP

The boss of literally the layer before it is harder, it's not that hard to not get hit before it tears it's arms off and after it does even without the jump cheese BMA pistol shots to the head will enable a stagger or even finish it off

Just get a weapon with many vertical attacks like the tricked saw cleaver and beat Amy's arms. I beat her with a +6 Cleaver with bad gems after I couldn't do it with a +10 pizza cutter. You can also easily see when she will drop her head and give her a few attacks then.
>Descedant
He's basically parry and visceral tbqhimo

Hardest boss for me is Ebrietas.

For some reason I can't ring my beckoning bell anywhere in the Forest. What's could cause this? I can get summoned just fine and have opened all the shortcuts.

I went back to the Dream and the Doll is back in her default position when you first find her and she won't talk to me. I only have the option to level up with no dialogue. What do the fuck happened?

is there a good guide to make a character that looks like the plain doll?

You lost all your Insight

Ohhhh. I've played forever and never knew she could "deactivate." Thanks, user.

Still need help?

Post things relatively cute in the BB context

messengers a cute

Oh, for sure. Gimme a minute and I'll ring at that lamp by the blood swamp and the big boys. Password: bbg

Sweet, I'm ringing

>not even trying to git gud
>uses ludwigs holy blade

I was running through Hemwick earlier and was fighting that pack right before the boss. Killed two, then the third ran toward me and clipped into one of the obstacles and just started floating upwards until she nearly got out of sight. Then she fell out of the sky and died on impact.

What weird glitches have you guys seen happen?

Haven't been able to connect to you, dude
You still ringing?

new player here. what's wrong with the holy blade?

you become

Nothing. It got a reputation as being a "noob" weapon by memelords from /v/. Just ignore it and play with whichever weapon you like.

>Oh no people ask for co-op
Why do you care so much?

Jeeze, you beat his fucking ass. Thanks, user.

I don't understand the coop hate by a lot of the playerbase. It's one of the most enjoyable aspects of the game for me. You know there's no review board that is judging your video game skills, and it doesn't matter how you play any game as long as you have fun, right?

Boring weapon, attracts shitters like the Drake Sword/Dark Sword in Dark Souls 1/3.

The player base doesn't hate co-op. They hate people that get carried all the way through the game and never even try to beat a boss on their own.

40% of randoms use it, so it's considered a shitter weapon along with the Hunter Axe, but don't mind it all. Feel free to use whatever you want to use, whatever is the most fun to you.

/v/-tier idiots dislike it because it is popular. No more, no less.

Personally I hate coop because I don't want to pay 25 bucks a month for Playstation Plus for the slight chance of finding a coop partner among the seventeen people who still play the game regularly and actually use their Bells.

So I claw my way through this game, only being able to get support when the game decides to set up a summon point.

Is it harder? Fuck yes. Is it infinitely more satisfying? Fucking hell, YES.

And NPC summons exist. Most of the time they're just meat shields, but Valtr can easily turn the tide

Ah, aright. Yeah my first DaS run was pretty regrettable because I just stuck to the drake sword. Weapons like that just blind people to trying others.

Since LHB scales evenly with Str and Skl, it makes it incredibly viable, increasing the likelihood a newer player is going to use it. I use it during scholar, Edgar-like runs because of the A scaling in Arc (and Edgar uses it), but it feels bland

as I said, when the game decides to give them to you. There is no NPC summon in the fishing hamlet, for example and against Logarius you're also on your own.

They do help out a ton against the Shadows of Yharnam and Rom, I'll readily admit that.

Yeah that's pretty much one of the biggest cons with LHB. For new players it's easy to develop bad habits with that weapon.

Henryk and Madaras make the Shadows a little more fair, since they can usually kill one between the two of them (though I don't know what Madaras is trying to accomplish with that Fire Paper), and Antal is surprisingly useful against Paarl and Reborn. Yamamura is okay for taking heat away from the Failures, and Queen Killer can be a little helpful against the Queen (as his name suggests), but most of the rest are trash. It's definitely for the best that they aren't available for every fight, it was possible to go through DaS2 having NPC summons kill every boss except Dragonrider but he doesn't really count since he could be tricked off a cliff

I also found the Mensis Scholar you can summon before Ebrietas to be pretty good. I mean, he just stands in front of her, shooting her with the Blacksky Eye and tanking her Call Beyond on his Loch Shield while you can safely stand behind her and stab her to death.

Scholar made it even easier with the addition of new(competent) summons
You could summon a mage for Riderx2 that makes the cakewalk even easier, and Benhart "lemme stand here and tank LGK even though i cant" was complemented by ya boy boyd, the man with a million defence and HP

Also dragonrider has Glencour, one of the best summons in the game

No because I just BMA cheesed it. It and magic a
just demolish it.

Damian against Ebrietas is worthwhile, but the summons as a collective whole can't really figure out to not hit the small Roms from the front.
Boyd was capable of killing Freja solo, I have nothing but admiration for the guy. Glencour is another favorite, he's just that good. However, some of the other summons like Benhart and Felicia were brave to the point of stupid, and usually got themselves killed, and Lucatiel couldn't heal. The problem with the first Dragonrider was being able to have him run off the edge.
We should drop the DaS2 now before a certain someone decides to spend the next hour or so saying why it's the worst thing ever made. And we probably need to turn back to BB-related conversation

Good point, meanwhile i find that most of the chalice summons are next to useless since they'll tank hits like no tomorrow and only heal at the last second.
Notable exception has been the tomb prospector vs Rom, he managed to keep most of the adds busy while i fought the big cheese.

Olek hasn't been the brightest in my experience. He threw a Molotov at a hotdog. While he does serve as a good distraction against the little Roms, the boosted health doesn't really argue his case

Have you ever fought a FRC Darkbeast

Valtr is a damn badass, he's the only summon who's inarguably great.
I dunno what his deal is with eating beasts, but no harm no foul

I actually got stuck in the corner when I tried summoning that blue guy for amygdala, had to squeeze my way out

Then it turned out the summons suck for that fight so I soloed it anyway

I personally think he ate beasts out of revenge for the one that killed his fellow constables. It became his shtick, he would walk by and people would think, "There goes Valtr, guy ate a beast once. A whole beast. Just sat down and ate the fucker."
With a guy like that in charge, I wouldn't be surprised if the League had people piling up outside the door to sign up after the story got around

so what's the most OP pvp build?

>someone told me there's a nice hunter's dream dynamic theme
>go to store
>it ain't there
I JUST WANT A NICE THEME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

If you can find some way to use the tricked forms of the Chikage and HMS effectively in the same build (I've seen it done), you just about have it

50/50 Quality with Saws and Blunt LHB. Or just 50 Skill Rakuyo with high End.

I'm playing through the game for the second time, first since a little after release. It's a lot more comfy than I remember it being. I'm running a SKL with some points in STR (since it feels like putting points into SKL past 30 is a bit of a waste) but it's kind of... boring. All I do is hit things. The Saw Spear is also super boring. I guess STR has more interesting weapons.

I'm finding all these different ARC items that I could be using. I have 15 so I can use a few, but when I find legitimately interesting looking ones I need more ARC. Is it worth putting more points into it just to use them at base value? Or should I just make a new character for an ARC build?

>since it feels like putting points into SKL past 30 is a bit of a waste
What? You're a SKL build. Going past 30, all the way to 50 is anything but a waste.

Some people go up to 18 for Augur parries, but Arc tools at base value aren't all that great. It would require a more specialized build, but one which is incredibly rewarding later

>look it up
>it's on the store but not on the ps4's store
Why? If I wanna buy something on my PS4, I'm gonna be looking for it on the PS4. Fuckin dumb

I really just started out going with SKL because my first playthrough was exclusively the Hunter's Axe, and wanted something different. The BoM are cool as shit too. I guess you're right, though, I misremembered that 30 wasn't the softcap for it.

I'll make a new build next playthrough then. I'm mostly just doing PvE, I don't want to pay for PSN+. It's a really fun game and I haven't even bought the DLC yet. I have 15 for the OHB/Beast Roar (still haven't used that) and the EPS is really nice for a cheap buff.

Buy the DLC now, it boosts Arc build significantly. Don't go past 15 Arc with your current build, though

15 is stupid. 18 or nothing.

Because of the weapons and the like? I was going to buy it and go through it before I go on to NG+, if I do.

The weapons and garb are excellent, a new Arc tool is added, two new covenants, and the bosses are some of the best.
And why would that be, o wise one? 18 Arc is only for Augur parries, and with some weapons a gun is always available for it. Those three points can be better spent elsewhere

can you join a passworded FRC dungeon via the SRRC if you have not yet unlocked FRC dungeon glyphs yourself? Like can you SRRC into cursed lower loran with a password if you dont have the lower loran chalice?

What weapons actually have hyperarmour?

Anyone spelunking for farming?

No.

Most of them at some point in their attack animations.

No

But augur is the coolest spell in any souls game. It's worth using just to enjoy it's splendor.

>Fight Yarnham
>Co-operator runs in and get 1shot
>Throw 1 attack
>Count 6(SIX) Mergo cries in a row, stunlocking me
Fair and balanced
Lets hope the next tries are without bullshit

Fuck you you nigger

Visuals, I won't argue. Wasting three points for a tool at base damage for the possibility of parrying, I will argue. I firmly think that Arc tools shouldn't be used at base damage, they should be used in Arc builds. You wouldn't go up to 18 Blt just to use the Madaras Whistle and Evelyn at base damage, would you?

The OP guide is literally the best explanation without making it a 3-page essay
If you cant be arsed to read those 20-30 measly lines then please go fuck yourself with a rake

Madaras Whistle can't interrupt and Evelyn is functionally identical to Hunter Pistol at low Blt. Augur has no functional equivalent.