/vn/ - A smile worth protecting

Visual Novel General #1350

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

jlist.com/category/snacks-food/snacks/jlbox-dx1703
youtube.com/watch?v=NcRUTnc-YSI&list=PLUrnZh0ZSgyVZ-1aVImLUjV7k8PVHyll_
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Rise.

cockroach

Tsubame best girl.

no u

thanks for the document, the one i'd seen before just listed a name and what writing system they used, nothing this in depth. I'll probably give that particular 1 a miss i feel i should have a little interest in the vn itself if i'm gonna try to stumble my way through it, i'll probably start with the ones either side of it but thanks a lot for the link.

Have a best girl with your (You)

NOTTO

Clannad, better than the game actually
Kanon
Steins Gate
White Album 2 Introductory Chapter

I honestly can't think of other game, so good adaptations are super rare actually

t-thank you senpai

Yosuga no Sora too

Japanese food better be 10/10 irl from the way literally every anime/vn/ln/manga has at least 1 scene where all the characters eat some food and basically orgasm from deliciousness.

Welcome back Umi anony!

Shuffle! It's quick, only 1 season, and doesn't end in some retarded harem due to noncommital writers. One of the very, very few that actually settles on 1 heroine

Gonna do my taxes then blogpost euphoria, All I know is what's on the euphoria vndb page and going in pretty blind.

It's actually really plain.

It's not. Well, for an American, it's not. The food is not nearly as bold or sweet as the american palette is used to. And a lot of the flavors are just bizarre compared to standard american stuff, the the point you don't even want to swallow it.

BBut they fucked Kaede's character.

Eating is among the cores of SOL, what do you expect.

Excuse me here. I am not trying to plug or advertise. But I used to get these a while back and they're a pretty good intro into what to expect from Japanese food.

jlist.com/category/snacks-food/snacks/jlbox-dx1703

That's the March version. They have different ones each month. I recommend only getting one, because you are not likely to get a second.But it is worth the money just for the experience. It's interesting.

Rise a shit, Umi a shit, Dog a shit!

What's the best h-scene that you've ever seen in a plotge or moege? Most of the times I've found that the h-scenes end up being quite shit.

is this air

>for an American, it's not.
>implying those fat subhuman know anything about good food
Lmao.

no thats kanon

Tough question.

Ayaka.

No, that's Mayucchi.

Shuffle is one of very, very few VNs that have a better anime than the vn they're adapted from. Partly because the vn was absolute garbage, partly because it took pretty big creative liberties to distinguish it from the garbage source material, like making generic childhood friend #901923 slightly more interesting full yandere deal.

break's over, roach

It's kinda hard to say. I think in general the CG in and of themselves for plotge/moege tend to be a bit disappointing in one way or another, what makes them fapworthy isn't the CG, but, rather, the culmination of context surrounding the character that's being fucked, and how you personally feel towards them. For instance, even if the art is terribly outdated in something like, say, Tsukihime, I can still probably get-off to a few of the scenes because I really like the heroine and so on. In that sense, it's a question of how attached you are to the characters, and therefore it's doubly subjective and kinda hard to point towards a scene as "best." (whereas in nukige it'd be pretty easy to point out a handful of scenes that are pretty great in and of themselves)

That's how I feel about it, anyway.

How often did Aqua and Daigo fuck?

Fuck you, they ruined her.

this

^_^

if you're happy, im happy.

lolis are for lewding!

What's with the 12-year-old commentary? Every country has different tastes and palettes. The US, India, Mexico, and the majority of the world all ramp up the flavor volume compared to Japan.

The US also has more internationally famous chefs than any other country, so your idea about them not knowing good food is laughable.

I'm from Brazil and our food is bland compared to the US. I try new restaurants everytime I visit New York and it's always just - how to describe it - like someone spilled the spice rack into the frying pan.

I dunno about best, but the mutual masturb scene, Eikas route Ikikkoi was hot af to me.

I am strong supporter of Katawa Shoujo's h-scenes. I'm sure people here have heard me rant about it. Their style is one of a kind, literally. No one else has done it their way.

They don't use "chuchchuchu" and "uhuheuuururuguugg blarghs." They use actual sentences to describe what's happening. Instead of garbage fanservice. It adds to the story, really highlighting the emotional bond between the characters instead of just the physical. They're pretty much the only h-scenes I haven't skipped because they told a powerful story.

>The US also has more internationally famous chefs than any other country
Then why those fat fuckers eats nothing but burgers?

>They use actual sentences to describe what's happening
Happens all the time in Japanese H scenes as well though

She looks so fuckin creepy

Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai.

Giving Clannad a run for its money for the worst faces.

better than Air

I wish the old grainy style of CGs from the 90s could be kept without the alien faces.

what is with this guy

what kind of fucking degenerates end up in class 2-F

saru is our gay, fuck you.

Feel like blog posting a random vn.

>Then why those fat fuckers eats nothing but burgers?

Because a cheeseburger is cheaper than a head of lettuce in the US, for starters. There's a lot of reasons. It all boils down to greed in corporations and government being owned by those corporations. It's a lot more complex than that, but there's the root of the problem. If you follow the line all the way down, you get to lettuce costing more than a McDonald's cheeseburger.

I liked Air's art the most. The coloring is very detailed and the designs (ignoring the faces) are good. Also far more consistent CG usage. Comparing like Terra to Summer and how Summer being way old and having a CG for every important scene to Terra having like none is....fucked up

can I bang this chick?

He's the weirdo king, even Suguru tried to go to a whorehouse to crush his illusions.
It feels more like the American middle class is a bunch of cheapskates.

>people argueing over which shit smells better
i'm not saying anime-esque only art, but that old style with noisy styled hair or too much detail or downesey faces are things i just struggle to get through / tolerate

Yes in an untranslated rerelease.

>too much detail

I bet you hated Yu-no

>argueing

I only hated NTR shit and true end. Overall the game is great.

>True end
You mean the second best part of the game besides Mio's route?

>tfw cute knight will never tickle me

it's been so long since the last time I was tickled ;_;

turning delicious loli into cow tits monster is not OK!

we can bro tickle it out
its not gay as long as our penises dont touch

"It's only gay if balls touch", is the phrase I think you're looking for.

No as long as our dicks dont kiss we'll be fine

>Blind girl
>Mute girl
>Asperger girl

Is everyone in this game disabled?

oh my god yamato's cute

Retard moe?

Yeah, one of the heroines is close to mental retardation and I'm not even kidding.

Rewrite was the last good Key game.
What happened?

Aww.

They haven't released an actual game since, just spinoffs, remakes, short stories, and episodic shit

Is this the only time Yamato gets flustered, ever?

Rewrite was ass and so was Little Busters.
What's REALLY funny is that only two people have rated Harmonia on EGS. Literally no one cares about them anymore. Their own fault for making so many games with light novel-tier stories. I don't see how anyone can respect Maeda anymore. He clearly ran out of ideas after Little Busters.

give it 5 minutes.

Michiuru?

Get ready for some really good stuff later in chris route...xdd

Rewrite is good, it's genuinely well written unlike their usual stuff.
I don't care much about LB though.

>well written

Which part?

Rewrite+ fucking when?

What did he mean by this desu?

I heard epilogue was rewritten. JOPs confirm?

not gonna lie, as a neet who can pay too much attention, watching american politics is highly entertaining this year. Its liike a vn irl
Anyhoo, So i've got just Margit and this "Same as always" choice left on S, are either of them any good (is the same-as route just basically game-end?).
Also, i think the white hair marshmallow girl route changes the childhood, does that new childhood become canon (i.e effects Ax's)? is her route decent?

>Adds like no new cgs
>Adds a single new character sprite

sasuga one of the biggest companies in the business

Lately I've been working on animating the Steins;Gate drama cds with sprites from the VN if anyone's interested.

youtube.com/watch?v=NcRUTnc-YSI&list=PLUrnZh0ZSgyVZ-1aVImLUjV7k8PVHyll_

S H A M A N G I R L S
H
A
M
A
N

G
I
R
L
S

Any vns with lolis for anal?

Moon and Terra basically?
It's a lot more ambitious and grim than other Key games, some parts in Moon have a really poetic prose that makes you keep reading what should be boring, since it's essentially just Koutaro's monologue for a long time, the part where he grows a fedora and goes "lol love, just a chemical reaction" just to realize how important actually was for people to evolve, his bond with Yoshino is much more than meets the eye too, usually in Key games the male friend is just a comedic relief, and Yoshino manages being an important character while being funnier than other Key male friends.
Terra from the start distances from the usual Key writing, using a more sober style, it has a clear cut message and ending that the reader can get unlike the usual ambiguous Key shit endings where things don't make much sense.
To me Rewrite is very superior and different from other Key games, and really well written too, it has a lot of little stuff that you only get later on and little foreshadowing, it's cohesive too.

>prose
everyone on /vn/ just shit themselves and ignored the rest of your post

Do people unironically read that Sci;Adv shit?

Ultimate Boob Wars

Chaos;head is great, it's all been downhill since then.

What the deal with rewrite in english? Is ixwrech translation so bad?

>Chaos;head is great
lmao

Chaos;head is dogshit though. Lmao at your shit taste.

Couldn't stand the utter retard of a main character. A common theme in those games.

They seem to be unable to write anything but pure retardation when it comes to the MC.

I dunno, I thought Air was more ambitious without resorting to moon dinosaurs and people turning into trees and probably has one of the most famous endings ever. The ending really gives you something to thing about with how it ties in with the start of the game.

I couldn't manage to finish Terra because I got sick of looking at backgrounds and no characters. Moon didn't really impress me too much.

It sucks when you like one game from a company but hate everything else they've done. The lack of a center story to most of their games really hurt and isn't helped by the fact most of their writers are really bad.

>t. normalfag

Takumi is the most relateable MC ever written.

>route gauges, personal action, skills
N-nani? Guess Majikoi will be fun despite being confusing at first, thank you anons for lowkey shilling this game out to me over the past few threads

But that's Taichi