Be living in England

>Be living in England
>earning > £35k a year
>Have £10k in savings for housing deposit to buy
>Spending nearly nothing on rent living with parents at 26 years old

What do? Time to buy in the UK or sit tight and invest?

same boat lad, bit less earnings more in savings i wouldn't touch any property atm maybe look at an index fund? are you on london south east?

South West UK so outside the London bubble and not a Northfag

what are the house prices like there in relation to earnings? take it you are single? what's your job.. midlands here

5 x my yearly earnings would buy an average 2 bed flat in a less sought after area or a small terraced house

>living in yurop
shiggy diggy doo

fuck that.. plus interest rates are likely to rise.. but answer my question what is your job? could you do it in say the midlands where you can get a decent detached house for £150,000

This is exactly my worry regarding interest rates. However if I went for a fixed rate mortgage now the impact may be more predicable when it turns variable.

I work in Aerospace, I suppose that means I have options all over the world if need be. Although I'd rather not move from my stable position for now

in your circumstances I would sit tight and reevaluate in another 12 months after Brexit etc.. personally I wouldn't bother unless you were expecting to start a family

t. midlands neet freelance web developer bum

But the media Circlejerk is that the housing market will be unaffected by brexit? If it continues to inflate then waiting would be a loss unless I can save more than the housing market can inflate + mortgage payments

in my personal opinion i think it will stagnate in the next year, no serious increase hopefully with the news to the end of freedom of movement

If are in your 20s, continue to stay at your parents house if possible, and save as much money as you can to buy a property.

If you are renting, then continue to do so, but move your savings into a safe index fund for a couple of years. Keep saving as much as you can, then buy a really cheap house out of the city. Rent this house out, while still paying rent yourself. Capital gains shouldn't be your objective, cash flow should be. More saving, index fund gains, salary increase, and rent payments should enable you to purchase a 2nd investment property or move out into your own home.

Lol spotted the """engineer""" working at Airbus

t. non-engineerfag working at Airbus Filton

P.s. fuck you guise
See you next week dickhead

Buy to let mortgages are damn near impossible for first time buyers though

TEA AND CRUMPETS. FOOTBALL.

BLOODY WEATHER! SACK THE PRIME MINISTER!

Imo even if brexit is good it's bound to shock all UK markets negatively for a year or so, I'd go with investing more than saving for a home at the moment unless you plan on getting a fixed rate pretty much now.

I wouldn't put money into an index fund for only a few years and then take it out. Index funds still fluctuate and I'd only have them 5 years minimum due to cycles

Not working for Airbus

nice to see other west midlands lads that fell for the engineering apprenticeship meme