First good car

Hi Veeky Forums, not a frequent user of the board, but i figured you'd have the best advices (yeah i red the sticky).

I'm considering buying a car, mainly as a daily driver, but that should also be:

- RWD
- Packing a good chassis (good enough at least)
- Not fuck expensive
- Preferably not xboxhuge

Trick is i'm a eurofag, so a lot of make and models you guys enjoy are unavailable to me.
I consider dropping up to 5k yurobucks, not including later mods and such.
And yes, with a stick.

> Inb4 miata

Why not a miata, but is it a good plateform to learn RWD handling? That's mainly all that matters to me.

buy an e46 with service history

dont buy an E46.

>but is it a good plateform to learn RWD handling?

you mean platform? and this is something you couldve googled yourself.

Because its cheap to own, cheap /easy to fix and upgrade.
When you want to have fun with a car, these matter way more than the power. Because if you are interested in learning how to drive, not just operate a car, you really want to start getting out of your comfort zone. And you don't want the thought of wrecking your more expensive car looming over your head when you overcook a corner and have to start slipping and sliding.
There are other cars that are also cheap, easy to fix and upgrade, but the Miata offers a good weight distribution, light weight, and RWD.

And when it comes to upgrading, especially for the track, buying the cheap car leaves you money for upgrading components to legit track spec stuff that is way better than the things that come on OEM cars, especially suspension. It also leaves you money to buy wheels with semi-slick tires.
All of this equals more time driving the car at the limit, which gives you the necessary experience and skill to drive faster cars properly. You don't get that kind of experience when you buy a higher performing car and become too afraid to wreck it, or can't afford to take it to the track.

Even Cristian Von Konigsegg had a 1st gen Miata early on..

>Preferably not xboxhuge

Only posers and migrants drive those kinds of BMW in my area. Can't afford to be mistook for any of those.
Also I find post E30 to be quite ugly.

>worrying about what other people think
They're still good cars. If you buy a nice one and keep it stock no one will think anything of it.

>this is something you couldve googled yourself.

I did actually, but I found many reports stating that the miata being open top, the chassis rigidity suffers when handled a bit too roughly.

Not debating any of your other points though. Furthermore seeing the roads around here, it's worse than drunk touges, power means nothing really, I easily overtake fuckers with 200hp in my shitty opel corsa 1.2l.
Now I just want to get good and stop that damn golf GTI from overtaking me on the last straight line I have before reaching my house.

No you don't understand. If i leave such a car parked in my hometown, it will be scratched and painted with rude signs all over before next morning.

I live in Corsica.

>I did actually, but I found many reports stating that the miata being open top, the chassis rigidity suffers when handled a bit too roughly.

buy one with a hardtop or buy a hardtop. its not hard. You can stiffen the chassis easily.

>not having a garage

No indeed. Can you stop being a faggot and contribute, or at least leave and return to ride your bus?

A hardtop isn't gonna mend the chassis, and as dumb as it is, it matters quite a bit to me, when half of the time spent driving is spent in curves. Sometimes wet, sometimes snowy, most of the time covered with gravel and other shit.

an e46 is a much better all round car don't just dismiss it like that, especially if he is a eurofag.

fanboy

what is it like living on Corsica?

shit if I lived there I wouldnt be worried about what I drive. I'd be too busy BLACKED'ing Mediterranean semen demons

Volvo 240 with a few simple mods

I'm looking at trying to get a semi-nice RWD car to learn manual in, but I really don't think I could ever fit in a miata (im way 2 fukin fat). Any other affordable options for a amerifat?!?!

lose some fucking weight you degenerate

924, 200/240SX, Apex Sealarator

Really, though, you should stop being a faggot and just get a Miata or stop being poor and get a Toyobaru.

>Apex Sealarator
I'm planning to daily a drift FC with no income, AMA.

>what is it like living on Corsica?

Pretty comfy, as long as you keep a low profile.
The second you stop, is the second you get on the litteral list.

Good advice Takumi, but none of those cars are available for sale in Yurop, or at least in the very shitty country of france.

>Europoor
>First car
>Wants red
I doubt you would be able to afford the insurance let alone put fuel in it

>First car
Confirmed for cannot read
> Wants red
Because I learnt all I had to on a FWD
> I doubt you would be able to afford the insurance let alone put fuel in it
I probably own a fair share of your ass in stock options, so go back to work you litteral cuck, and don't you dare opening your cocksucker mouth again.

Do you guys usually tolerate such retards? Report him once or twice is all it takes to keep a thread on track really.

>stop being a faggot and just get a Miata

>Also I find post E30 to be quite ugly.
patrician
E46 isn't huge at all though, it's a D segment

This is cheap M3 money.

Buy an e36 M3.

I'm from South America and I've been trying to find someone like that. Our markets are similar so I'll suggest some, avoiding German luxury brands that seem to bother you.
How about a Peugeot 505? Fiat 132? Alfa Romeo 90? Volvo 900 series? Ford Sierra? Nissan Cedric? Toyota Crown?
They're all old but I think they provide what you want. The newest European one you can get from that list is the Volvo 900. I'm not sure about the japs.

Oh and I forgot the Opel Omega.

The price of parts and repairs is the maindrawback to me, since due to a level of corruption higher than ever, only THE BMW dealer accepts to put his hands into a BMW.
Yeah that's fucked up.
Also they're ugly.

Nice adivces sudaca bro, but unfortunately all those models, volvo aside, are unavailable here (Well the 505 is, but i'm not gonna DD a 505).

I was considering a toyota corolla, are those any good? Have troubles finding reputable reviews on it.

>toyota corolla

Meant Celica, my bad.

wait for how the Toyota SF-R or Supra turns out.

>don't you dare opening your cocksucker mouth again
lel, hardnut.

How about the Opel Omega? Also why not DD a 505, they're comfy AF.

Also I forgot the new Twingo is RWD, I'd get that or a used Smart.

2001-2005 Lexus IS200?
Can be made decently powerful, practical enough to DD, wishbone suspension all around.

>Getting this ass mad
who hurt you user

ford thunderbird

this was ford's most advanced car, handling better than the best from the Germans

Looks like a caddy with those tailights

Shitposting