/wtc/ - Witcher, Cyberpunk, Forced Memes - (/krw/, /cpg/, /fm/)

Rad the Lad Edition

Gwent Standalone's closed beta is out!
>Gwent General
GOTY Edition is out !
>Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=qy8jmm9kY4A

>Latest patch, free DLCs, The Witcher books (first six are officials) and short stories
f.wtcg.pl/
>Witcher gear location, recommended mods
pastebin.com/jeHFgrV1
>Console Commands
mmo-game.eu/witcher-3-debug-console-commands/
>Where do I find Gwent cards?
gwent-cards.com/
>Witcher lore, books and all
pastebin.com/bRqpA093
>All vanilla Gwent cards ready to be printed out
imgur.com/a/gV1y5
>Redirect to the current thread
wtcg.pl
>Discord server
discord.gg/ydW4bCR

Cyberpunk 2077
>First trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs
>Creator about Cyberpunk 2077's world
youtube.com/watch?v=xYxt7cwDk4E
>Any new infos ?
CPDR is recruiting right now, so the game is still in early stages.
Still no release date, and we won't have one anytime soon.

old:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12409980
strawpoll.me/12409975
strawpoll.me/12409951
strawpoll.me/12409952
strawpoll.me/12409969
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_West_France_(wine_region)
reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/5vsgsd/ive_now_completed_two_contract_quests_without/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Geralt and Triss OTP

Why was Regis such a chad?

Skellige is a mix of Ireland/Scotland and Scandinavia. Skellige comes from the Irish word "Sceilig".

strawpoll.me/12409980
strawpoll.me/12409975
strawpoll.me/12409951
strawpoll.me/12409952
strawpoll.me/12409969

Just met this merchant who's addicted to gwent.
Made me chuckle.

Triss ass stimulus package requested

Redania is OBVIOUSLY Poland and Skellige is Scandinavia, but who is Temeria or Nilfgaard?
And is Toussaint France or Italy?

>Nilfgaard
Would say the Roman Empire. But then again, it's not really a country, just a big ass Empire with tens of cultures.

>And is Toussaint France or Italy?
Both. Southern part of France, and north of Italy.

>The Aen Seidhe and the Aen Elle were once one tribe called the Aen Undod
>At some point the were divided into 2 tribes

>The Aen Elle are weak to silver for some reason
>The Aen Seidhe are weak to steel
Why? What is the difference?

You can now fuck ANYONE in the series irl, EXCEPT the ones you can fuck in the games and Ciri

Who do you choose?

I want Philippa to grow herself a dick and we can take turns fucking eachother all day in all holes

:3

Sile de Tansarville

Francesca Findabair

I'll breed her every single year

>:3

Any new ones?

irina renarde
priscilla
cerys

yes I'm a tw3 babby sue me

What about Temeria, Aedirn and Kaedwen?

I wish we could have killed Regis, i fucking hate him

Not at the moment, I posted all the Triss ass I had in the previous thread. I'll make some new ones later or tomorrow.

I thought he was cool.

Probably this guy, he's not really my type but he's the only decent looking dude in the game (I only played Witcher 3).

Regis said only a higher vampire can kill another higher vampire
After the Dettlaff fight Geralt cuts Dettlaff's head off, but we see how tissue forms to connect the head back to the body before Regis finishes him
If in that moment you picked the severed head and took it far away, how would Dettlaff "revive"? Would his body grow a new head, or would the head grow a new body, or both?

i hated his fucking nagging, i didn't give a shit about detlaff's motivation, he's a violent monster he doesn't deserve to be saved

regis constantly bitching about saving him was so fucking annoying

>let Syanna die and kill Dettlaff

how? Can you choose whether to fight or not dettlaff after he kills Syanna?

Regis is just in love with him

>Would his body grow a new head
he grew a new hand didn't he?

>Regis said only a higher vampire can kill another higher vampire
also this is just bullshit to keep us from telling regis to fuck off

He'd regenerate, no idea from where though, and how that's decided. Regis, for example, got attacked by villagers and had his limbs ripped apart and buried in different places, but he regenerated in like 50 years.

I could half sympathize with him before he decided to murder an entire fucking city, at that point there was no way I was going to let him live
yes

The architecture and general landscape and obsession with wine says France

The people's accents say Italy or Spain, but it's obviously not Spain

Really don't know about them.
I'd say England, but it's really just because your typical fantasy kingdom.

it's obviously south west France

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_West_France_(wine_region)

I dream of the day we get medieval videogame cities 10 times the size of Novigrad while maintaining the detail and atmosphere

Fuck Novigrad.

Beauclair all day

I was talking about size, never said I preferred the type of city Novigrad

Beauclair is undeniably prettier and comfier, but I think Novigrad is better done in the game

I'm trying to do the Shrieker contract in W3. I beat the cockatrice, but when I go back to the guy, I can't actually talk to him. He's just saying generic villager lines. I tried restarting the game, or fast traveling away from him, but nothings helping. Anyone got this?

i gave skjall a kiss damn im kind

Are you using mods?

Yeah

Just finished the Hearts of Stone expansion.
What a fucking ride.

Better than any of the quests in the main game IMO, better even than the Red Baron's quest (which was brilliant). The villain is amazing,the whole feel of the expansion is dark, perverse and unsettling, when I saw the Caretaker it reminded me of the first time I saw the Crones.

This user: inspired me to play the game without any spoilers, and without worrying too much about my decisions, it felt much better and I love my ending and decisions.

The last quest was pretty cool, even though there was no battle, I prefer it this way, it felt more real for some reason.

What happens if you side with Gaunter and let him take Olgierd's soul? Does the ending feels as good?

You dun goofed

Is it just a known fact that mods do this or something?

>side with Gaunter and let him take Olgierd's soul? Does the ending feels as good?

He offers you shitty prizes. "I wanna be rich" lol here's 5,000 crowns. "I wanna be fast" lol here's a slightly better saddle. "I want food" lol here's a horn that heals by like 50 but hey at least it never runs out. "I want alcohol" lol here's a bottomless flask to make alchemy shit.

So no

He can at least have that before dying.

Yeah, HoS is awesome and going blind and making your own choices makes the game far more exciting than reading spoiler ahead and planing an ending. It feels more earned if you actually play by yourself.

If you let Gaunter take Olgierd, he gives you a choice of several rewards, none too special and he merrily fucks off. I prefer that ending myself, but saving Olgierd is longer ending and you can get the Viper sword.

Yes.

Happened to someone on reddit recently too

reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/5vsgsd/ive_now_completed_two_contract_quests_without/

>Does the ending feels as good?
Depends on how you feel towards Olgierd. I prefer this one, the prizes are shitty, but the damn scene in itself is a masterpiece.

You did yourself a good thing by not browsing here too, the DLC is so great, having yourself be spoiled would suck really hard.

Oh, it's the increased draw distance huh? Well, all I wanted was a way to fix it. Thanks.

>the whole feel of the expansion is dark, perverse and unsettling, when I saw the Caretaker it reminded me of the first time I saw the Crones.
It deceives you with that wedding quest which is all fun and games, then the heist, and then it does a 180 and turns into full dark and spooky.

It works so well because it's a self contained collection of stories that doesn't revolve around saving the world from interdimensional elf doombringers and the ice age

Ciri ruined the story of Witcher 3. It is too focused on finding her. Witcher 2, HoS, Baron are when CDPR shines. Small contained stories is where they shine.

why are there so many drowners in witcher any way, literally every one who dies in water becomes one?

The main quest could have been great if they had expanded more on it. They barely tell you anything about the Wild Hunt or the White Frost until very late in the quest, and then Ciri goes and does some magic or some shit to save the world, but we never see or hear what happens when she crosses the portal other than she lives or dies. The story surrounding Eredin gets about half a minute of screen time.

It's what fits the most Geralt too. Short stories.

As much as I loved the books, the short stories like the 'The Lesser Evil', 'A Grain of Truth' or 'a Little Sacrifice' are so much more memorable than the one where Geralt and his hansa tries to find Cirilla, imo.

the wild hunt in general is sort of zzzzzzzz
im way more interested in nilfgaard and the north's intrigues

so basically, ciri ruined everything

gameplay mechanic. monster are supposed to be going extinct.

so when do i get to hang out with triss, blood and wine right? going by trissfag's posts

Triss will visit you at the end of Blood and Wine. My images aren't from any game scenes though so don't expect to see any of that.

a witcher spinoff game about the first nilfgaardian war would be interesting

Nilfgaard is Germany. Specifically, WW2 Germany.

British Isles/United Kingdom.

Just like the books!

temeria is poland actually, despite the redanian heraldry being identical to polish one, small nation always threatened by its neighbors and large empires, always portrayed positively by the polish devs? its definitely poland, nilfgaard isn't nazi germany its more like a mix of rome, nazi germany n ussr even, not based on just one country, their dialect n language is based off dutch

oh and nilfgaard is way closer to rome than to nazi germany lol, nazis had that whole racial purity thing going on, nilfgaard value assimilation of all cultures and shit

I mainly meant Aedirn and Kaedwin for the UK.

Nilfgaard is pretty clearly Germany though. A fascination with black clothes, obsession with eugenics, claiming a heritage (Elder Blood rather than Aryan) and then persecuting people who lack it or actually have it with the way they treat non-humans, war crimes up the wazoo, have conquered fantasy France and are trying to conquer the world, etc.

Nilfgaard gets glossed over a lot in the games. Read the codex entries and novels and you'll see it's clearly based on the Nazis.

They literally do have the racial purity thing going on, if you can claim an Elven heritage and speak the Elder Tongue you are a better person than those that can't, but actual Elves are treated like shit. Not as bad as Pogrom-era Northern Realm non-humans, but bad enough that a huge chunk of Nilfgaardian non-humans volunteered as suicide troopers in exchange for a non-human homeland. Then got sold up the river because they no longer had any political value to Emhyr.

i realize that the black clothes thing and their accents etc, but i dont think they're only based on nazis, more like a mix of some other historical empires as well, i still think temeria is poland tho
cmon, never portrayed negatively, always bein divided n shit, partisans fighting for its freedom when its invaded, what else can it be, its definitely not france just because it has fleur de lis, the heraldry is mixed up but

Fantasy France is Toussaint.

Temeria having partisans and stuff is what you always get in a war though.

The various Northern kingdoms do have a bit of Polish flavour to them but are also amalgams of England, Wales, and Scotland. Brokilon always kinda reminded me of Ireland.

So I just finished the drunk quest it was gold but I'm disappointed there was no late night pillow fight with the lodge girls

is this at the end of blood and wine? I wanna chill with triss too fuck yen desu

Nope, I made that using Storyboard UI mod, you'll get to chill out with Triss in Blood and Wine though if you romanced her in the main game.

summon the bitches!

>no Triss ass
>dead thread

This can't be coincidence

Can you get a full crew at Kaer Morhen if you romanced triss in TW2 but want to go for Yen?

Yup, Triss will come to KM and help even if you don't romance her.

Ciri is gay

That's not new Triss booty, are you killing this thread on purpose by denying us Triss' assets?

Alvin > Ciri

Why are we so ded?

No Triss

Then post Yen.

No

>raccoon eyes
>dark lipstick
Why does a Redanian noble look like a goth anyway?

Yes. This is Yen country now.

Dijkstra. I want him to pound my boipucci as part of his plan to control the world.

wow... isn't she so very beautiful? I can hear music playing when I look at her...

>I can hear music playing when I look at her...
It's just your schizophrenia, user.

>Specifically, WW2 Germany.
No. Maybe in the books, but even then that's retarded.
THe only thing close to Nazi Germany is very clearly Redania.

>THe only thing close to Nazi Germany is very clearly Redania.
no. nilfgaard is germany, redania is russia, temeria poland

>muh temeria

>be level 4, play against a level 5
>he has 3 gold cards and tons of great cards I could never hope to get
Sometimes I forget it's still a p2w game

It's not. If you scrap a few factions you know you don't want to play, you can get enough for several golds.

I haven't spent a cent on the game, but by scrapping everything but Nilfgaard and some neutral cards, I made a decent Cow control deck with 6 silvers and 4 golds by level 5.

Do the books ever mention Cahir's rank in the Nilfgaardian army?

Also, why is he so awesome?

graf(count)
he was also a Nilfgaardian Intelligence officer, that's all I know

>i only played the games and ignored the codex entries but i feel qualified to comment

No.

The closest thing to Redania is witch panic era Europe and America in general. Nilfgaard has a *lot* of echoes of the 3rd Reich, as you'd expect from a Pole who was writing the bad guys as an evil empire.

We already debated about this two threads ago and you still didn't tell where did Sapowzki told that Nilfgaard was a 3rd Reich allegory.

>muh codex
If you want, but what you see in the games/read in the books tell far more than the codex.