/twg/ - Total War General

Best Queen Edition

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed)

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB (embed)
To update: Never pick anything other than Morghur as Beastmen.
Necromancer heroes are top pick right now while raise dead is still broken as fuck.

>Empty Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>ACTUAL Total War News
If you've been living under a rock these past few months, Shortbrindal is free now.

We have battle map creating tools now. Only land battles and only for custom/custom mp games. Siege battles may be a possibility in the future but they're practically covering their ears and screeching at any mention of using modded maps to improve the campaign.
UPDATE: PEOPLE FIGURED OUT HOW TO DO IT ANYWAY AND OUT OF DAMAGE CONTROL CA WILL BE ADDING OFFICIAL SUPPORT FOR ADDING CUSTOM MAPS TO THE CAMPAIGN ALONGSIDE THE BRETONNIA UPDATE

BRETONNIA IS 28TH OF FEBUARY:
[YouTube] Total War: WARHAMMER - Bretonnia - In-Engine Cinematic Trailer (embed)
[YouTube] Total War: WARHAMMER - Bretonnia - Campaign Let's Play (embed)

Warhammer is $12: humblebundle.com/monthly

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
>Recent
Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
>Recent
DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kBsVwYeLXQk
youtube.com/watch?v=d3pQ0oO_cDE
youtube.com/watch?v=AB4A8I1Oh1E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I hope she is old friend

> Tomb Kings still not announced

Ahhh /twg/… the eternal general

Is battle difficulty slider bugged in Warhammer?

FUCKING WHEN

>Bretonnians

Are tomb kings ''evil''?
I thought that, with a few exceptions, they were a pretty chill faction.

>no historic tw title for years
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ROME

What the hell is this? A demon?

Rock the boat!

Can't wait to chase those fleshbags off my lawn

How were those things called again?

Settra is neutral and just wants everyone to serve him
Queen Khalida is the good one who allies herself with humies
All the others are assholes

I want to die in Isabella's delicious thighs!

Rejoice! For a Knight of Bretonnia provides your shield.

Colloquially, towers of silence

Idk what the official Zoroastrian term is

They're neutral and have actually helped the Empire fight against the Vampire Cunts.

Generally, they just don't like anybody fucking around on their turf and will take any opportunity to give the vamps the knob

They're neutral in the best sense of the word.

They're an ancient empire with all that that entails, they're ruthless assholes who think everyone should bow to them, but they're not really evil. They're like wood elves or lizardmen in that they're isolationists who generally only venture outside their territory if they feel someone else has something that belongs to them.

They're pretty much the most "neutral" race except for maybe the Ogres. All that most of them care about is trying to restore their lost kingdoms or former lives in some shape or form. On occasion they'll bully the nearby Araby. Arkhan is only evil if you think Nagash is evil (spoiler: he's not).

westeros total war, development for fucking years

youtu.be/kBsVwYeLXQk

when will these fuckers release the mod

Meh. Everybody's armies are the same thing. ASOIAF works best in CK2 as the politics are what make it interesting.

>Best Queen

More like best beastman cocksleeve.

>F to pay respects

>Nagash
>Not evil
Explain.

Nagash isn't the enitre Tomb Kings faction.

hey texturefriend. which dds do I have to replace to get my custom decal on the shields?

Hopefully never, because ASOIAF isn't about wars

You're right. On a related note: does anybody know much about Karl Franz's tax policies?

But that's not what the user he was responding to said, he said specifically that Nagash isn't evil.

Which is flat out wrong. Although I'm expecting some apologist rambling about entropy and shit.

ALLAUH AKBAR

>Nine species of vulture can be found living in India, but most are now in danger of extinction
>s recently as the 1980s there were up to 80 million white-rumped vultures (Gyps bengalensis) in India; but today the population numbers only several thousand.

>The cause of the rapid plunge in the population was initially unclear, but in 2003 was traced to the anti-inflammatory drug diclofenac, which is lethal to vultures when they consume the carcasses of dead animals treated with it.

DAMN SON

>400 turns
wew lad

I hope Kislev is the old friend

Its Alarielle the former everqueen of high elves who became goddess of life in age of sigmar.

He's a bit of a tyrant but he hates the Chaos Gods and seeks to destroy them, wishing to become the supreme god of spooky. He allied with the forces of order in the End Times and everyone would have been saved were it not for Mannlet von Carstein backstabbing everyone.

The old friend is going to be advisor-senpai available for all factions.

I notice that some people are saying that rare/special/core army limits, like in the tabletop, should be put in the game.

This "army only consisting of elite troops" has occured in other total war games, but it's more apparent in warhammer since most factions now have an option for things like elite armour piercing infantry, and with no restrictions on what units people can bring, it naturally gravitates towards the high tier stuff since they do well against everything.

The problem is that putting arbitrary restrictions on what players can put in their army probably wouldn't feel that great for players, who would wonder why they can put 4 greatswords in an army just fine but when it gets to 5 it suddenly becomes a problem. It's not really that intuitive given that the only restrictions previously have been upkeep and recruitment availability.

So, what I suggest is that total war gets rid of the 20 unit limit for armies, and instead has a supply limit with separate limits for different troop types that can be increased through technology or general skills. In this case, more elite, rare or special units naturally require more maintenance or equipment, which can be abstracted into needing more supplies. Factions that rely on large numbers of shitty units get more supply for them and so can get lots of them without feeling like you're gimping your army just to feel more thematic. Stuff like greenskin WAAGH's can now just increase the supply of your lord so you can bring a ton more units into your army and really bring the green tide rather than having a silly AI army follow you around. There's now an incentive to build balanced armies in terms of unit cost and units see use across the entire lifespan of a campaign rather than getting phased out once better ones come in. Plus, early on, everyone can have a bit reduced supplies so that the whole game doesn't mostly consist of fighting 20 vs 20 stacks

There are problems but I've ran out of characters to write

>Chaos worshiper to all factions
No.

>>More like best beastman cocksleeve.

Please explain. It's been years since I stopped to follow what has happened in WHFB

>He's a bit of a tyrant
>A bit of a tyrant
>A bit
>A FUCKING BIT

HOLY SHIT

Let me just quote Heinrich Kemmler here.

>"And what greater prospect do I have in Nagash's service, a future of mindless servitude in an unchanging world? The Great Necromancer is a selfish child. Though assured of his power, he remains forever terrified that another will take it from him. He will not be satisfied until his is the only will in existence, for only then can he be safe."

I copypasted dwf_dwarf_warriors_shield_decal_01_(all of them + a gloss layer, which is not specifically defined) and loaded them instead of the vanilla ones on my custom .rigid_model_v2 file (copypasted from the vanilla one)

If you don't know how to edit .rigid_model files, this all sounds weird as fuck

A seperate limit on each bretonnian infantry unit in MP could be more balanced. It's kinda no-fun allowed though.

>The Chaos Gods lose when everybody is a skeleton

Sounds like some North-Korean policy

The problem really is that anything more than 20 units starts to become extremely cumbersome to micro, not to mention hard for most machines to handle.

they truly are the jews of the warhammer world

>Actually planning on revamping the Roman recruitment later, possibly in that next release. For some reason I done goofed and thought that everyone else had a more diffused recruitment among multiple buildings when in fact they (even before I reformed them) usually just have 2 tracks + 1 for minor cities for easterners, 2 tracks for nomads, and for barbars it's a little confusing. So the Romans are not advantaged but disadvantaged with the needless bureaucracy of their building trees.

>I"m not sure what form it will take just yet. I'm curious if we can't replicate the easterner 2 building trees (foot vs cav) and 1 minor hybrid of the two. So it could be for Romans:

>Minor Building Tree (provincal settlements that are not the capital) limits you to foederati, limitanei, pseudocomitatenses and -maybe- Comitatenses at the highest level.
Major Building Tree A (capital of province/region) could be a duplicate of Minor and designed around fast and cheap building.
Major Buidling Tree B (capital of province/region) could start off Comitatenses and go Palatina and be more expensive and slower to build.

>Could do Major-A being infantry and Major-B Being cavalry with no distinction to Limitanei, Comitatenses, Palatina - that would just come about from tier.

Meloncat 11 may 2016

RIP

>not joining the tournament for a chance to win the Fist of Franz

Seconded.
Setthra was arrogant but at least he had a totally normal vision what he wanted to do.
Nagash literally did it because he is a power hungry paranoid asshole.

Yeah, performance and micro becomes a problem with large numbers of units
Another option is to allow arbitrary unit sizes so you can bring 500 gobbos in a unit if you want, but that would also cause problems with pathfinding and probably balance issues as well

>That barbarian and witch coming out of the sarcophagus.
>"Oh shit, the fight's already started."
>"Told you we didn't have time for a quickie even if we did it right in this sarcophagus."

yeah, alright. How did you replace the actual decal though. I have the three files opened in GIMP2 and am at a loss now.

sale when holy fuck

When the new world edition is announced

Unless it was changed, at the fall of Kislev during the End Times, Franz offered Katarina to retreat to the Empire but instead she stayed for a gallant last stand. At the end they were overwhelmed by beastmen and she was taken captive.

It's obvious what happens after that.

The game is fucking 12 bucks right now what do you want?

WARHAMMER ROLL CHART PLEASE
I want to do the fastest playthrough I've ever done before the new update hits.

It's on sale for 12 dollars right now you dimwit. DLC sale fucking never

>Shogun 2: Falling Bakufu
>About to crush those Obama fucking shits, one province left, army on the run
>Corner them against the coast, about to push them into the sea with my two grand Imperial armies
>Lord defects!
>Takes most of my arty with him

OBAAAAAMAAAA YOU MADE ME A RACIST

>they are isolationist

prepare for skeletton hilter to conquer half the map when they are released

You realize the moment he beat chaos he would immediately enslave the entire world right? Though the powers existing at the time might have made that difficult.

> Imperial

In the newest edition, Kislev was sacked by a band of khornate beastmen, and the queen was raped by 20 minotaurs

What are some strats for playing WElfs as a skirmisher army and not as a "Historical" army. I'm interested in the idea but cold never get it down, it seemed like my men could always be reached by the enemy, and if I tried encircling the enemy with archers I was raped by cavalry. Any ideas/methods that work?

Joke is she didn't die from it, but later giving birth to the rape beastbaby.

Implied or (basically) outright stated?

Did they kill it? Did she survive the birth?

basically:
>replacing the _diffuse texture will change the shape of the decal
>tweak the _normal map to give it depth (or to remove the vanilla one)
>draw a rough shape of your decal on the _specular decal (copypasting the Ironbreaker one just works)
>you can give it gloss, but there's no vanilla texture (4characters + _gloss_map)
And that should be it (you can use Ironbreaker shields instead, which have 3 different decals by default)

Of course, unless you create your own _rigid_models and load your custom textures from there, you will be replacing the vanilla ones for every faction

If you know nothing about _rigid_model edition, prepare for a very wild ride

FUCKING WHEN

the fuck is this

I just said she died from it. Women usually don't suvive birthing beastbabies, and definitely not minotaur ones. As for the fate of the beastbaby, who knows.

Could imagine a cruel joke on GW part, if AoS hadn't been the canon ending, that a special minotaur with ice powers could have shown up.

why are the campaigns in WH so easy?

i just bought it and in my first easy playthrough i was Durthu and i conquered the entire western half of the map in a couple hours

then i played as the Azhag on normal and conquered the entire southern portion of the map after 1 day of playing

i just started a crooked moon campaign on hard, is it easy too? should i just play on VH every time now?

>Morghast Harbinger

This is too retarded to be anything but ET.

>horsefuckery intensifies

Beastmen kidnap women to have their wicked way with them. If the Tzarina gets caught, and it doesn't state they kill her, then the implication is clear.

>Play on easy
>Hurr game is easy

Yes you should always be playing on Very Hard.

Repost from a previous thread:

Are there any other Total War let's plays out there that are as good and autistic as OfficialDevin's ones?

Aw what a shame.
On the other hand irl Catherine the Great sure like horses.

that'd be the dawi
have you seen their noses man? and their treasuries?

>Starting out on easy

Nigger have you not played a video game for the last 10 years?

It's the year 2017, you should fucking know by now that Easy is for people who have never touched a mouse before

Das it mane

Just wait until you get them all hagbane tips that slow the enemy down.

Indeed.
youtube.com/watch?v=d3pQ0oO_cDE

>When Kislev has the largest Empire pre-Chaos

Something bittersweet in knowing it will all be destroyed.

I was using them. Felt good to purge the entirety of Norsca with that, running circles around marauders with 122 speed and hagbane tips.

well i didn't know how different WH would be compared to past TW's

No one can die if everyone is dead

> taking advice from literally Himmler

Is that actual footage recorded by Polygon?

Are you implying older TWs are hard on easy too?
Yes.
Yes it fucking is.

Yup

They put that shit on their website and it wasn't even supposed to be a joke or anything

thanks.

>Lore of Metal actually getting a buff
>Wood Elves won,t conquer the entire western side of the map anymore
Thank fucking lord

>savage orcs getting extra 10% on physical resist
Were they that bad or?

>Are you implying older TWs are hard on easy too?
well no but the magic involved, and the small unit sizes really threw me off

ive never played anything HW related prior to buying TW:WH

Even the noble Samurai must abide by the most powerful and constant law of the universe:

All things that begin, must end.

The Samurai are no more. Now must rise a new era!

Looks like plague of rust is good now. Not sold on the rest of it though.

N E V E R
E V E R

It hurts so bad

>he never played Chess with cheating
youtube.com/watch?v=AB4A8I1Oh1E

Is that Cao Cao?

I always knew Cao Cao was a fantasy

>>he never played Chess with cheating
ive never played chess

They do huge damage but most of it is non-AP and so they don't do so well against stuff that isn't low tier.

EVER