Wrangler or unlimited

Like title says. Getting one or the other and I can't decide whether two door is too small for my family or if the four door looks weird and I'll regret it.
Can y'all give your 2 pennies on whether you'd get wrangler or unlimited? Tell me about your pros/cons for each I would really appreciate a lot of different perspectives.

Other urls found in this thread:

usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2014/12/24/jeep-consumer-reports-worst-car-value/20837951/
usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2014/12/18/toyota-consumer-reports-best-value/20598347/
youtube.com/watch?v=B_lmKnw9NHQ
classics.autotrader.com/classic-cars/1981/toyota/pickup/100858432
youtube.com/watch?v=SGQzO7pErWg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'd go for the Unlimited personally.

Mainly because Mopar sells a JK-8 kit specifically for the Unlimited model that turns it into a pickup truck.

Four-door looks weird and is for women.

If you gonna drive a lot with all your family then the 4 doors are worth it, it's an SUV

Wranglers are great offroaders, but terrible family cruisers
They're noisy and really not that comfortable
2 doors are better for their intended purpose and don't look fucking stupid, too

Real jeeps have two doors

You'll regret them because every sorority girl in America drives exactly the same jeep

>now you can waste twice as much money!

Just buy an FJ OP, it'll last you 10x as long, cost you 1/10 in ownership fees and maintenance, won't break down, and will put any stock Wrangler to shame on-road or off.

>IFS

>>now you can waste twice as much money!
pretty much. But there's a reason the Wrangler survived the FJ Cruiser gunning for it.
The Wrangler is an icon, unlike the FJ Cruiser. The Wrangler is a point of pride for Americans, since it can trace its lineage right back to the Jeeps that helped win WW2.
The Toyota didn't have the pedigree to attack it, no matter that it was a legitimately better product.

>and yet it still outperforms a Jeep
>and doesn't try to murder you at highway speeds over 50mph

The truly shameful thing in all of this is that it has little in common with its bulletproof grandfather. Modern Jeeps are fucking garbage inside and out. Everything Chrysler touches turns to absolute shit. The only Jeep I'd ever own is an AMC or Willies era.

Modern Jeeps are cuckmobile mallcrawlers.

>Everything Chrysler touches turns to absolute shit.
I was able to agree with everything in your post except this.
Chrysler wasn't the problem. They still aren't. The problem with Chrysler started in 1998 when CEO (and known spineless corporate yes-man) Bob Eaton sold Chrysler to Mercedes Benz. Mercedes changed everything at Chrysler changing their parts suppliers and killing any truly innovative ideas before they could hit the market (eg: Plymouth Howler, Chrysler ME-412, Dodge Razor). When Mercedes dumped Chrysler in 2007, Chrysler had no capital to develop their own shit since Mercedes bled them dry like a vampire's victim. That's why they still use Mercedes platforms for the Charger, 300, and Challenger. It's why they STILL use Mercedes electronics. Mercedes is the problem, not Chrysler.

the FJ replacement is being released soon breh

Didn't know about that. I think it looks awesome.

It's a $5,000+ kit.

Chrysler has been making shit-quality vehicles since 1974. Don't you dare try to blame the Germans for the kikery that runs amok in that fucking place.Chrysler is absolutely the problem, and it's why Mercedes DUMPED their ass. It wasn't just a rotten apple, the whole fucking barrel was rotted. And now that FIAT owns them, things are only getting worse. You have the literal CHRYSLER of EUROPE buying CHRYSLER. It's like pouring hot melted shit on your turd sundae.

I hope not, my FJ is worth 90% of what it was new, and it's 5 years old. Not that I ever plan to sell it, but i like the idea that if it gets smashed up my ACV cheque will be 10x higher than anyone who crashes into me.

Chrysler made shit from 1960 until 1978 when Lee Iaccoca took over. Iaccoca fixed everything. When he was forced to retire from the company around 1990, he had 2 choices for a replacement CEO.
Bob Eaton, a spineless yes-man, or Bob Lutz. Yes. THAT Bob Lutz.
Unfortunately, Lutz had recently pissed off Iaccoca with something he said, so Eaton was promoted out of spite.
>politics

Lol heep

>blame one guy for everything

Wow I've heard this story before...I wonder who could be behind it...

I don't Blame Eaton for making Chrysler shit. blame him for the events leading up to it. Mercedes did the damage, Eaton was just the one to facilitate it.

So basically, Chrysler made Chrysler shit.

>someone ruined something that was once great, and the guy who inherits the mess is blamed for everything

Hmmmm....

TJ or earlier are real Jeeps. If youre gonna get a JK, it dont matter. Two doors or four, its a fucking JK. Paint it pink and hang streamers off the bars if you want to.

Since almost everyone in here isn't answering your question, I'll tell you that I prefer the Unlimited and plan on buying one this year.

The Unlimited is my preference because of size. More room all around. The trunk in the 2 door is tiny when the back seats aren't down, and the leg room for the back seats is smaller too.

Also, Wranglers, due to their design, have pretty poor stability and road manners at higher speeds. The unlimited is more stable than the 2 door due to a lower center of gravity. However, this makes the unlimited not quite as good as the 2 door off road due to a worse break over angle, but that just depends on what you want to use the jeep for.

Unlimited: more practical, more family friendly, more stable on road.
2 Door: more traditional, slightly better off road.

Whatever you plan to use it for, man. Ignore the people who call the Unlimited a mom mobile and turn around and suggest you buy a 4runner or an FJ which are almost exclusively driven by middle aged women. They're nice, but you'll look like a massive cuck taking a shiny on-road SUV out into the woods.

>will put any stock wrangler to shame

if youre talking about the FJ in your pic, then probably. a stock rubicon would annihilate a stock FJ off road. Plus the rubicon objectively looks better.

First off a Rubicon Unlimited > then an FJ in all respects in stock trim except for on the street.
I am not a Jeep fan boy either.
I own a 2014 4Runner Trail and a 2015 Unlimited Rubicon.
I was in the market for a Manual FJ cruiser and I checked them out thoroughly and researched all the issues. From everything i have found out the only really issue JKs have is their automatic transmission line was poorly placed and could melt itself (a non issue for me due to wanting a manual) and the possibility of death wobble.
The FJ on the other hand has known to have a faulty manual transmission that gets replaced with under 80k miles. mid 100s if you are lucky and body warp with off-road use. (google it if you think im wrong).

To answer your question though op the 2 door was too small for me as im always carry shit. The 2 door is much better for a day romping around on trails but if you are doing serious climbing most prefer the 4 door due to its longer wheel base adds more stability.
So if you can live with less cargo and want to do more trails then rock crawling the 2 door might suit you better and is cheaper.
For trim levels If you plan on going 37 or bigger you might as well get a sport as your gonna want better axles. The dana 44s on the rubicon are great until you get close to 35s then the start snapping like twigs. If you want to go 33s and under or very light offroad use with 35s the electronic front and rear lockers on the rubicon are fucking boss. Also auto swaybar disconnect is pretty cool imo.
Dont get a jk Sahara- they are bitch mode.

Will answer any questions about my Unlimited Rubicon or 4 Runner.

Just get an LJ you pussy

Though i should also add-
The older 3.8L that came pre 2012 is a dog. It doesn't really have the power it needs for the unlimited but can manage in the 2 door.
The 3.6 is much better all around with fewer reported problems and over 80 more hp and 30lbs of torque.
The down side is its only 5 years old so there are not that many with 150k miles so we dont know how long the engine will actually last. So far it seems to be much more reliable then 3.6 even with more miles.

The wrangler isn't made for (family) cruising.

Mercedes were the ones to fuck everything up. Bob Eaton just gave them the chance to do it by selling Chrysler to them in the first place.
Chrysler had no reason to sell. They were the most profitable American car company at the time and had some of the highest quality American cars. Had Bob Lutz been CEO, it never would've happened and We would sing praises to Chrysler for bringing the Howler to market and introducing the Dodge Razor to kill the Miata, S2000, and 350Z.

I like how you included info on their reliability. People on Veeky Forums think "its chrysler, so it HAS to be an unreliable piece of shit." I've been doing research on JKs for a while now since I've been wanting one. They are actually quite sound from a reliability standpoint. Death wobble is the most common complaint but that is easily remedied. Everyone I know who has a JK loves it. But as soon as you get on Veeky Forums suddenly they are the worst car ever made.

And you'll always get that autist on here who puts the pics of the 20+ year old jeeps in these threads with oversized tires on stock axles with the axles broken saying "HURR DURR HEEP THEY SUCK"

>blame the Germans for your shortcomings
>oi vey if good Jew Lutz had been promoted, none of ziss would have happened!

Yeah. To give him a little credit those year they were using a different retaining clip and it did fail quite easily. The use a different style now.
My truck is a soft top (sail cloth) and i love that i can put the top down when ever i feel like it (if i dont have my RTT attached) i think it would probably have been a better choice to get the hard top. There is a lot of noise with the soft top and a roof rack. My rear passenger window was slashed and someone stole my compressor. Luckily i keep all my tools and valuables in a lock box that you can not access with out unlocking the rear. Still sucks 325 for a replacement plastic window.

I mean i do understand why eveyone, car reviewers especially, trash the jeep. It really feels like driving an older pickup. It sways a lot, has poor traction on the street and is not the most comfortable ride. It just as soon as you hit the dirt you can feel that is what it was built for with street driving an after thought.
If they ever did a stock SUV shoot out off-road only with all kinds of different terrain i doubt anything would be able to hang with a rubicon. The TRD 4runners would probably be the closest. I would say maybe a G class but out here they are part of the rich wife starter kit so they come with street tires.

>making a Wrangler thread on Veeky Forums

You fucked up op. Honestly, a Wrangler isn't the best family hauler/town car, but if you want one, go for the unlimited. Don't let toyotaphiles, and bus riders discourage you; I've trashed mine since I've had it new and haven't had any problems.

Chrysler shills out in full force tonight lol

usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2014/12/24/jeep-consumer-reports-worst-car-value/20837951/

usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2014/12/18/toyota-consumer-reports-best-value/20598347/

>it's all a conspiracy
>muh JK is super durable! I swear! fucking toyotaphiles!

want to fuck that ass but pussy probly stank with leaves an twigs all in there. I can get a bit of soil on my helmet nbd. sometimes just gotta be outdoorsy like that. Nut in her snatch an throw her on the roof rack call it a day. Nigga

>SFA

youtube.com/watch?v=B_lmKnw9NHQ

ur grimy dick isn't any better nigga

>meanwhile people are buying 35 year old jeeps for $5k

Go on and find me a 35 year old Toyota going for that much. I'll wait.

thank you

>only 5k
classics.autotrader.com/classic-cars/1981/toyota/pickup/100858432

The Germans gave Chrysler this.
>Germanfags will defend this BS
youtube.com/watch?v=SGQzO7pErWg

I don't get it. If you want even the rustiest old FJ40 you're looking at 5-10 grand. Anything restored is like 30+.

Old restored Jeeps aren't cheap, but rusty old shitbox ones are because they need a complete gutting and the body is probably rotted away.

Toyotas are more rare and hold their value better.

I don't get what your point is here.

Also, 35 year old Jeeps weren't made by Chrysler, they were made by AMC. And before that, Willies. Both were good companies, unlike Chrysler. Chrysler turned Jeeps into shitpiles.

Know your history nignog.

>Also, 35 year old Jeeps weren't made by Chrysler, they were made by AMC. And before that, Willies. Both were good companies, unlike Chrysler. Chrysler turned Jeeps into shitpiles.
>Know your history nignog.
see:
Sounds like you need to learn your history. Mercedes ruined Jeep. Not Chrysler.

where in your article does it say anything about durability? it just lists the wrangler as a worse value for the money than a camry hybrid because it sucks on the road... but that doesnt matter because 10 years down the road the wrangler will still be worth $20,000+ and the camry will be worth $5k. that seems like better value to me.