Teenage boy car

Is the civic si the ultimate teenage boy car?
>practical
>quicker than most other shitboxes
>cheap
>reliable

those cars arent quicker than much at all

uh I guess, its a fun cheap car to start off with.

its not quick at all unless you plan on spending serious money. like a k-swap. then yes it'll be fast as shit.

i have an RSX which is basically the same thing so yes can confirm. pic related

>basically the same thing
EF civic here

>RSX/7th gen civic
>abandoning Honda's traditional double-wishbone suspension at both ends

not a real civic desu

honestly i was really only talking about the K20

and i guess it's just a case of replacing the added weight the bigger car with more horsepower

nah, more like cutting costs
but worry not, that other guy is a faggot too

It's true that best handling cars on the market have double wishbone suspension (or multilink, which is an evolution of dw suspension - but not strictly better) but that doesn't mean that live axle can't handle well. With a proper setup it can be quite good too. Same goes for mcphersons.

>practical
>cheap
>reliable

SSS Pulsar with the SR20DE or any of the 4AGE Corollas would run circles around a Civic in the performance department and are equally practical, reliable and cheap.

Civic is still a solid little car though.

Not today it isn't. A bone stock corolla would smoke that old thing.

Also that car is WAY too expensive and rare for a teenager today.

my friend has a 2012 civic si it's pretty good, most importantly it will beat a corolla
>pic related

what in the Tom foolery are you doing

Insurance is expensive AF on a Civic SI for a teenager

Fuck off retard

fuck off phone posters

Classic retarded as fuck rsx owner shit

20 year old 2006 Si owner here:

>practical
I'd say fairly so, hauls 2 people and a decent amount of gear comfortably. Great gas mileage, but does require premium fuel.

It's got decent accelleration, with 6.8 sec 0-60. It really shines in the handling. The LSD in the front really helps too. Whipping around turns and rowing the gears in this thing is a joy.

>cheap
Not exactly the best speed for the money, but you get a lot of car for the dollar. 8th gens sell for $7.5k-$10k, 9th gens will run $13k+.
I bought mine for 8.5k about a year ago.

>reliable
Can confirm, you basically just have to give them oil and gas, and they'll run forever.

I love to road-trip in this thing. I can go 85mph with a very solid feel, and get 32mpg the whole way. It's also fun to take turns at double the posted speed.

That's how you bleed shit on your own and don't have to keep filling the reservoir up.

Oh yeah, can confirm this too.

At 20 y/o I was paying 250/mo for full coverage on an 06 Si. Once I paid it off (and dropped collision, kept comp), it literally cut my insurance in half.
Too many retards crashing this car, jacking up the rates for the rest of us.

4AGE engines are fucking awful

piss off, not everyone can be a fuckin neet, I like to post and lurk at work faggot