/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Best Game of All Time edition.

ATTENTION: Spoilers will start rolling in from now on, so be careful.

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.
Wii U has the GC Zelda HD ports plus NES, SNES, N64, GBA, Wii and DS Virtual Console.

previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/58tq7aCOFqk?t=34s
youtube.com/watch?v=g8wrr0ErsS4&feature=youtu.be&t=25m58s
youtu.be/bH3SqY8Ujs4?t=3m34s
youtu.be/ojsc6dg1sjE?t=8m28s
youtu.be/NYNRjcjL0eM?t=4m53s
youtube.com/watch?v=2uBXd-lqoAE
youtube.com/watch?v=rOFMpXndi1k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

absolutely NEED a sheikah gf lads

the legend of zelgay lol

Reminder that ALBW is a good Zelda game, and if you disagree you are stupid.

youtu.be/58tq7aCOFqk?t=34s

>andre needed to block out the rune screen

more than 4 runes confirmed?

Sheik is male, that's it

More importantly, is she flammable?

Yes, we've already seen them from other sources.

>papaya seeds are literally just circles

Has there been any explanations on how to warp around the map after discovering new areas? It's big.

CUTE. PAYA IS CUTE.

shrines/towers act as warp zones

>you can fly away grabbing a piece of metal
>Bigger enemies launch smaller enemies to you
>Waifu simulator confirmed
>Special times like the bloody moon
This game is fucking GREAT.
If only it would let you fight enemies with bare hands or punches...

I WANT TO FUCK FI

This is going to be a waifu game isn't it?

Thanks, user!

W-what

what is Link trying to convey with this stance?

hes showing her his power stance

>youtube.com/watch?v=g8wrr0ErsS4&feature=youtu.be&t=25m58s
>there's supposedly an enemy that can spot you from miles away
>if it detects you it will begin stalking you
>doesn't even always attack, just sometimes stares at you from a distance

This fucking game...

youtu.be/bH3SqY8Ujs4?t=3m34s

Little baby Steppe Taluses confirmed.
As well as hotsprings that heal you and korok seeds that require small skill challenges

He's a big guy.

it better be but this game is showing us everything we were missing by having Impa as the only Sheikah we ever see

Damn I'm getting hyped for the Gerudo with 10/10 designs like Paya an all female race is going to have some stunners

I look forward to killing powerful enemies by hotdropping amiibo goods on their heads.

Some kind of Poe or Wizrobe
Looks like it might drop a lightning wand or something

youtu.be/ojsc6dg1sjE?t=8m28s

what a bomb-ass bandana
dat link be straight thuggin right there

>spoiler free contains those spoilers

cliffnotes that video seemed hella boring when I tried to watch it but they seem to have dropped some constructive/informative stuff

this is literally just the game that Metal Gear V wanted to be, isn't it

It's just the camera rune, we have already seen it and from the official NoA twitter too, so I don't get why it's on the Embargo.

>speedrun strat is going to be dropping the chest on ganondorf and smashing him in the face with magnesis

THe lizalfos threw one of the rock monsters at Link.

At the very end you can see something in the distance hovering in the air. Mechanical bird dungeon?

Yes, we have already seen this dungeon multiple times and Game Informer showed pieces of it, as well as it's boss.

youtu.be/NYNRjcjL0eM?t=4m53s
These random Korok sightings that just pop up out of nowhere are kinda charming in a simple sort of way.
There's another one one earlier at about the 3:30 mark.

Isnt sheikah gay historically

Guys, Breath of the Wild is everything I dreamed it to be but there is one thing that is bothering me.

Where the fuck is the enemy variety? All I'm seeing are Bokoblins, Lizalfos, Chuchus, Keese, and Moblins with their elemental varieties and the occasional Guardian.

Where the fuck are the Lynels? Wizzrobes (there is one so...)? Darknuts? Dodongos? Actual Stalfos/Stalmasters?

that hammer is giving me a boner

If that were true then how would they reproduce???

We haven't been allowed to see much of the game because ~spoilers~

Most likely inside dungeons or trial caverns. Correct me if i'm wrong, but all the footage i've seen has been strictly of the starter area.

I guarantee once you escape the plateau and explore other areas, a shit ton of enemy variety will show up

this armour is giving me a boner

can't wait to dye it yellow and have it look like it's made of gold hopefully

Ninty seems to be pretty serious about their embargo.
Several gaming YT channels and gaming news outlets I've seen and read so far make mentions of how they can't talk about a lot of what they've encountered due to the restrictions placed on them by Nintendo.

This week has been primarily about previews for BotW, the first five hours specifically.
Next Thrusday is when the embargo lifts, so I would expect around then to see much more substantial info. Barring any leaks minor or otherwise that may happen between now and then.

a lot of them have revealed some pretty significant things. I wouldn't say spoilers or game ruining but stuff like exactly how you upgrade hearts and stamina, korok seed puzzles, new enemy types, NPC interactions, villages, weapons and animal interactions

If all this is how it is under embargo will we just get told the ending or twist when embargo is lifted

Mechanically speaking sure, a lot of things have been revealed over the course of today, but significant? I disagree.

We haven't seen anything specific regarding the Zoras, Gorons, Gerudos, and other races. Nothing of the Main Dungeons or a confirmation of how many there'll be. No specifics regarding the game's plot or how it'll play out. And so on and so forth.

All signs are pointing to the fact that what we've seen so far has barely even scratched the surface of what this game has to offer.

Villages are prohibited under the embargo.

so why've we seen 2 then. the Sheikah one and the European looking one

We've seen the Sheikah male, female and old female

anyone else here planning on hot-gluing their zelda amiibo??

youtube.com/watch?v=2uBXd-lqoAE
@ about 27:30 he says we can upgrade inventory slots with the Korok Seeds

Every collectable is incredibly useful. You can't waste your time in this game as even wandering aimlessly will net you things that make you stronger

Neat
Add to that the fact that there's apparently hundreds of those little buggers in game and one can only imagine what other uses you could need them for.

900 that's almost a 1000.

I imagine they have additional functions or they don't expect the average player to find them all so there's no reason to make more than the first hundred or so useful

>they don't expect the average player to find them all
That sounds like a challenge.

Why does that cape design look familar. Like that crystal piece that Zant shoved in Wolf Link's skull to keep him locked in that form.

>2:30
>massive stone temple built into the rock face
>NO DUNGEONS
I love when shitposters are so, so wrong.

Dyes only affect cloth, so you'll be dying the middle but not the metal.

I look forward to dying all the outfits to make them my favorite colors, personally

Are Sheik and Zelda the same person

That is the dumbest head canon I have ever heard. Zelda and Sheik being the same person? What the fuck would ever suggest that, retard

Are you stupid or something? Who the fuck would even think something so retarded

I swear, this place is infested with retarded rebbitors

these Korok puzzles are such a great idea. Little environmental events that encourage just wandering around. And there's so many of them that you come across them effortlessly

SHEik, sorry

spheres*

Don't forget about the Tetraforce:
▲ ▲
▲ ▲

From the looks of it you get a 5th of a circle for 4 orbs so that's 20 orbs used for 1 outer stamina wheel.

100 orbs are left out of 120 Shrine gotten ones. 4 orbs for each heart to reach a 30 max. You start with 3 so that's 27 hearts purchased with 108 orbs.

In essence you'll be short 8 orbs. If we say the 4 Great Beast Dungeons give you orbs as well then you'll still be short 1 heart or 1 fifth of your stamina wheel

Getting an orb from beating the final boss seems pointless as you power up for the boss. I suppose you could 2 orbs from the dungeons as opposed to 1

She appears to be taller than him.

That's because he's not a very good memer. What Link is saying there is "I'm CIA"

youtube.com/watch?v=rOFMpXndi1k

Oh shit, you're right.

Or an item like in SS.

Paya is so pure.

I think you mean Stone Talus

I just know for a fact that villages were prohibited. There's plenty of other things that people have been posting today that have broken the embargo. Nintendo's having a bad day.

The last rune was leaked as well, I think.

Considering what it was, I really have no idea why that was under the embargo anyway.

Right, the Camera Rune was not meant to be leaked. Nintendo released an image today, but they didn't specify that it was a Rune yet.

maybe they shouldn't have given small channels and gaming news outlets review copies

the bigger ones seem to know better than to let it all out and follow the NDA to the letter but the small ones just do whatever they feel like and bask in the views or clicks

Huh, I guess he got a name change between E3 and now

From the little we saw it looks like it can scan enemies too, so maybe there is more to it.

way too many unmarked spoilers in this thread at this point and seemingly the mods don't give two fucks.

thanks for ruining the general a week from release, assholes.

>officially nintendo approved information
>spoilers

It's not like there's been any major "Zelda=Sheik" level spoilers dude.
Just a bunch of neat stuff to do and see.
If anything it just gets me more hyped to play.

You mean nobody spoiled the fact that every human in the world is actually a robot and real humans died a long time ago.

1. don't go on a zelda board if you don't want spoilers
2. you do not understand the concept of what a spoiler is

This is Zelda, not Xenoblade user.

>gypsy link
HOLY SHIT, never thought I wanted that, but now I do.

Maybe you'll get a heart container for beating each of the dungeons? Just like in every previous Zelda game.

>Purposeful spoiling of a game's plot or other details may result in post deletion and temporary ban. Use spoiler tags where appropriate

I have a question (have been avoiding most of the info but I'm curious):
Can you upgrade weapons? Or at least increase their durability?

Nobody knows, we know there is a weapons workshop but not what it does.

Unconfirmed.
Pic related popped up recently though which looks like some kind of Zora weapon shop, so there are implications, but nothing concrete yet.

It's pretty likely that we'll be able to apply enhancements to weapons based on the information that we have so far.

I haven't been keeping up - what's with all the memes about the Switch's left joycon?

Information about game features aren't spoilers. Nothing substantial like dungeons, villages, sidequests, late game item acquisitions or plot points have been spoiled. If you would prefer to go on a complete media blackout, you need to leave Veeky Forums.

Yeah, in one of the amiibo videos some of the weapons came with an increased durability enhancement so

There is a reoccurring problem in the first batch where the signal is unusually weak in the left joycon
That's this console's launch problem

interesting... Hopefully the weapons shop has that feature. I really don't want to lose my weaponfu once I find it.
Thanks a lot, anons.

I don't think there will be a way to make a weapon indestructible. Just a way to increase the base durability.

Thanks. I'm glad I didn't fall for the hype, it's always something like this with first editions of consoles.

>tfw no wiiu
>tfw no switch
Hopefully works okay on cemu.

you're literally retarded, not only none of this has been spoilers is what i am saying, and also what the rules allow has no correlation with your stupidity going on a zelda board and expecting them to not be there. which they aren't even. every single thing you are saying is moot