/domg/ - Dominions general

Spooky Goats Edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-"""progress""" wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm (embed)

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first; ask for pretender advice in the thread

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Previous Pantokrator:

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/2dmUW7d
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Sandeth
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=InVinoVeritas
youtube.com/watch?v=m_Yw44HI5EA
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=CoolStory
youtu.be/58pvIk39srk?t=2
youtube.com/watch?v=3eLiPgyaeKQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Any cool nations left in the Sandeth game?

Nations joined so far:
MA Krylud
MA Swarmhive
MA Sandeth
MA R'lyehive
MA Dassem
MA Dragenheim
MA Hegude

discord.gg/2dmUW7d

Pretty close there user.

Had a whole wall of text ctrl+v'd but got lost when I made the new thread.

Short version:
Already at 7 players so we might finalize settings.

Map suggestions? Will into options myself tomorrow.

Chocolate Thrones yes/no? Fun mod, which makes shit thrones less shit, by buffing their effects, giving them summonable units etc.

Throne settings: player number x1.5 spread across mainly level 1, some level 2 and maybe 2 level 3 thrones? 70% needed to win?

If somebody still wants to join here's the link:
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=InVinoVeritas
Something with UW capabilities, so squids aren't fully unchecked would be nice.

How not to play Lanka:

youtube.com/watch?v=m_Yw44HI5EA

Look at that magnificent expansion, all 7 provinces by year 1 vs AIs. He'd fit right in with LightAle.

Disgusting

I was fucking around with a blank modnation that literally has no units (so you're stuck with indies only apart from your MA Marignon starter army) and I still got 10 provinces year 1 with nothing but indies, my 10 crossbowmen and pikemen, and mercs.

And the AI bought mercs too.

Game Name: Sandeth

Settings: Check them yourself

Mods:
Alexsa Nation Pack
Better Arena

Unless Illwinter has fixed the bug, thrones modded to increase some scales just increase death instead. Chocolate Thrones more like Skeleton Thrones.

I think most of them just give you more shit to recruit.

Riley here.
Chocolate Thrones: Sure, why not?

70% seems like a fair amount.
please don't check me I'm a shitter

I'm okay with skeleton thrones

>I wouldn't make them much before at least hitting Alt7 outside of certain circumstances

So...as I was saying...fucking useless as expanders then?

>Lanka.
>3 Order.
>5 Dom.

The fuck?

Ulm here.
Give a link for a chocolate mod you plan to use.

1. You didn't say shit about expanding with them
2. dualwielding, low resource units WITH BOWS are actually great for expanding
2a. especially considering MA Man's other units are fucking garbage
2b. So fuck you
3. Alteration 7 is just ease of use, you can do everything at Alt 7 at alt 3, you just need more mages casting smaller AoE buffs
4. read the guide faggit I'm tired of spoonfeeding you information that someone else already wrote

No I'd rather zero in on one thing out of context and use it to bash the guide I haven't read
t. user who thinks repel is an issue for decently lead troops.

Yes, he is. RIP game.

kek
If there's anything I'd zero in on it's the pretender section

Dude clearly has a boner for the master lich that exceeds his common sense, though he at least gave some attention toTitan or Durrgon or Scales.

I really think something with N5D2 is the way to go for Man. Rush alteration because it's good for you, get a Momma Oak, then get Lamia Queens. Death and Blood access with only Nature Gems required- probably won't save their lategame but it's better than nothing.

Anyone interested in another NEET ONLY game?

I'd join if ME was in play. Can't go back to vanilla summons anymore.

Honestly yes, but only if it's got fast turn timers AND roleplaying

spell that gives mass fire protection?

Rain sort of.

>roleplaying
Literally never ended well in /domg/ games.

Several, fire fend and warriors of niefelheim.

Firefend, Warriors of Niefelheim - battlefield wide
There's AoE 15 or 25 or somesuch versions at a much lower level, which is probably what you're going to be using in practice.

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=CoolStory

What's the story behind this game?

Sceli and Pythium - you have 2 hours before you stale.

Why does LA Patala's Sacreds have no helmets and a shitty buckler?

I'm tired of so many ME summons not scaling.

Its too cool for you man, you couldnt handle it.

because Patala is an EA nation that accidentally wandered into the wrong era when some monkeys went scaly

So just like Mictlan?

I would also like ME
it seems neat.

Can someone link me to a good guide on how to get a proper blood economy up and running? I'd rather like the have a blast at EA Mictlan in an upcoming game, they look interesting, however I've zero experience with them.

convince why i should ever play LA and i'll join

elf is already removed

Joining as Midgard.

The state of /domg/ games.

Well that's just awful.

what the actual fuck.

Tribless op

All those removed people, and bats are still around. For shame.

Bats are tribless as well, actually, and they're being removed by Man.
They also failed their expansion. Like Ulm, Jomon, Abysia and Ragha.

One thing I do quite enjoy about EA and MA Abysia is that while they might not be very good its almost impossible to fuck up expansion with them.

memes

>tfw no Zardoz nation

Memes are illegal here, "friend".

Take 8 B1 guys, forge Sanguine Dousing Rods (misc item, B1, construction 4) and have them wear them.

Get a bunch of cheap units and a few commanders to hold them. Low cost is by far the most important factor, but good action points, good precision, and flying are also valuable. EA Mictlan can use (non-blood) slaves (some of your commanders have a special command to create them), most other nations summon wolves or black hawks. National troops can work, but are relatively expensive.

Get a few cheap commanders with good strategic movement (scouts are good, especially since they're also stealthy) to ferry slaves.

Find a province with more than 5000 population. Provinces with low income are better than provinces with high income, as more population past 5000 does not give any benefits to blood hunting and you'll take an income penalty from unrest in the province you're hunting.

Put the blood mages on the province and have them blood hunt. Put the commanders with chaff on the province and patrol with them. The scouts should just hide on the province for now.

Next turn you will have blood slaves on your mages. Select your scouts (all at once), and press 'V' to transfer all slaves to them. Select any scouts holding blood slaves, and move them to a lab. When they reach a lab select the scouts and press 'Z' to move their slaves to your treasury. Move the scouts back to your blood mages to pick up more blood slaves.

Do this for more provinces if you want more slaves. If unrest is consistently too high in a province (above 50, in my opinion) send more commanders with chaff to patrol. When population in a province falls too low move everything to another province and continue blood hunting. Below 4000 is where I usually move.

Once you'd done this for a bit you can experiment with number of mages. Too few hunters per province causes high income loss for each blood slave you get, too many hunters per province means most of your mages end up finding nothing.

To be fair, I only went AI last turn. I had 2 provinces, other than my capital (which was under siege).

Also, since you'll need slaves to forge the Dousing Rods, I should point out that you can hunt without them - it'll just take about twice as many blood mages to get the same income (and you'll get more unrest).

you were stalling every single turn, though
please refrain from doing that in the future

SANDETH DISCORD CHANNEL GTF IN HERE BOYOS

pic unrelated but i killed that god last turn that tried to domkill me on turn 6

discord gg 2dmUW7d

good job user

related, obviously

Pythium staled. If he is about to stale this upcoming turn, I will look for a sub,

fuck. i think my pc shat itself while sending the turn and it didn't attach the 2h file properly..
what happens when you send the email empty?
and can it be fixed or i am just fucked?

you can always resend your turn. If it went through, it'll be like "Oh, here's confirmation on your modified turn." If you didn't, your new turn goes in as normal

but i checked just now, thinking it went through okay, and it didn't and i think i 'stalled' or something

what are the best items to give to an Eater of the Dead?

then you suck and your turn didn't go through. Do your new staled turn now

gift of kurgi, copper arm, vine shield

>Ermor this is Tir speaking.
>I thought that you were stopping your expansion on that isle as you said before? What happend to that?

Nah I decided to do what my nation needs most. Which is more land. You better not interfere or I will declare war on you as well.

fuuuuuuck. i had my turn done, why did it had to do this.
is there no way of rolling back or something?
and i wont be able to play this turn anyway, so i am requesting a 24 hr extension please. i will try to play asap.

Game: EA_newbaria
Turn number 14
Next turn due: 16:35 GMT on Saturday February 25th

Ermor 2h file received
Helheim 2h file received
Marverni Waiting for 2h file
>Tir na n'Og 2h file received
Xibalba 2h file received

Maverni, don't make me go all Ermor on your ass. Send in your turn.

I'm kinda happy they don't. Stops people spamming them with stuff they shouldn't be spamming them with. Or finding some way to break something and then it gets nerfed into the floor.

Cruxador is the hero we need.

what a nice kitteh

>dying to no dominion in year 4
You deserve this.

If I remember the game right, this was way back when UW nations had a harder time keeping their dom around, and he'd gotten fucked over pretty hard.

Still probably should have preached, but it's understandable why he got domkilled.

Of course it's understandable, it's because he's a scrub.

How do I get a Dominions gf?

Blood Hunt.

>virgin women in 2017

Clearly your blood isn't high enough.

Teenagers will be teenagers regardless of what era you're in.

I was trying not to break up with my gf, and sleeping. Fuck off

Thats great, thank you so much!

introduce your gf to the game

normies leave

reeeeeeeeee

youtu.be/58pvIk39srk?t=2

Man, this guy butchers the pronunciation of Marignon.

How do you pronouce it? Do you make is sound french? "Marinion"?

More like this, with the start of it replaced with "Mar":

youtube.com/watch?v=3eLiPgyaeKQ

Nothing in this game should be pronounced the "American" way, they don't have a culture old enough to be included in this game.

>people pronoucing Xibalba as "Ksibalba"
>it's actually "Shibalba"

>people pronouncing it as "Dom-ini-ons Four"
>its actually "awe-tiz-im sim-you-later"

I pronounce it "Marignon". As in It's actually Xibalba. The X represents a velar or palatal fricative, sh is a postalveolar fricative.

Xibalba, Mictlan, Nazca, and LA Atlantis are all American.

>Xibalba, Mictlan, Nazca, and LA Atlantis are all American.

Meso-american, not modern North American.

>inuits
>not north american

Nice goalpost moving.

>worrying about pronunciation in a game without spoken lines or voice chat

>Inuits
>American

The fuck are you smoking?

Inuits are indigenous people of the continent of North America. If you meant "America" as a country, you're a retarded nigger.

>Nunatsiavut, Nunavik, Nunavut, Nunatukavut
>not in North America

Of course I meant America as a country when I was referring to the retarded way Americans pronounce things...it doesn't make any damn sense otherwise.

Yeah, these guys sure look like extinct mesoamericans.