> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org
blender-models.com
mayang.com/textures

> Free audio
freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

How do I git gud at making music for my game??

Show me a 2d action game that doesn't rely on pixel art!

Shank

Anything you attempt you will accomplish. With time, if necessary.
What will you attempt today?

I've got no progress just reposting my witch character because I'm still looking for suggestions as to how to rig and animate the character in 2D. I'm so far only familiar with 3D animation. Spine looks good but slightly cheaper alternatives would be nice.

You start out in 2015 by saying, “Nodev, nodev, nodev.” By 2017 you can’t say “nodev”—that hurts you, backfires. So you say stuff like, uh, sourceposting, enginedevving, where's your game, and all that stuff, and you’re getting so abstract. Now, you’re talking about static typing, and all these things you’re talking about are totally software engineering things and a byproduct of them is, artists are looking for programmers.... “Cool, nevermind, good luck,” is much more abstract than even the OOP thing, uh, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “Nodev, nodev.”

flash still exists, and spriter as I understand it is a cheaper spine
I'm also making an animation tool but I'm going to do skeletal animation/IK until way later sorry

I got a sensible chuckle

>tfw I enjoy enginedevving more than any other part
>tfw there is no demand for more engines when unity/unreal exist

Oh, and something else I've heard a bunch is people doing 2d animations in 3d programs. That's going to be a lot harder to import to a 2d-only engine but it's worth checking out I think

You can run but you can't hide nodev! We're always watching.

Always. Al... always.... zzzzz

dude I feel your pain. Engine dev is SO much fun. If I could earn money engine deving without killing myself at a major company I would do it in a heartbeat. Engine dev at its heart comes down to writing good software, and it's so hard to find any opportunity where you can afford to just take the time to make good software.

Shantae Half Genie Hero

>and it's so hard to find any opportunity where you can afford to just take the time to make good software.

it's almost like writing code doesn't magically get a pass from the basic human constraints of time and money.

Probably I'll release the beta in 2099

>it's almost like writing code doesn't magically get a pass from the basic human constraints of time and money.
but meeting those constraints isn't FUN

I have to ask.

Why are you making an engine for a pixel platformer?

Imagine if you had the discipline to work on your game 10 hours a day with no shitposting breaks and lack of motivation.
It would certainly be a good game.

I'm doing that with very minor shitposting breaks. Still it feels like chipping away at Mt. Everest with an old chisel and a small wooden stick..

because I wanted to learn how game engines works, it's a good programming practice. I learned a lot

I already spend 8 hours a day at my 9-to-5

Anybody on here have their game greenlit? What were your stats? When will they be going through their next batch of games? Any tips?

That's 10 hours of dev and 6 hours of sleep, sounds good to me.

Commute is an hour and a half both morning and evening

Oh, an american.
I'm sorry.

>spending three hours per day just for transport from and to the slavepit

If people like him ever get fed up and quit en masse, your kind is fucked.

>assuming I'm neet
You know that people can be their own boss, right?

And that generally takes money and expertise which you get from....

Yeah, but nodevs on /agdg/ aren't.

why do people look down on entrepreneurs and gamedevs

They don't?

... having an education.
Learn a trade, shit's ridiculously lucrative. With enough education you can even open your own firm.
Fuck working for some paper jockey for six months in an unpaid internship.

alright, what can I use to capture video of my game that's good and free, other than webm for [whoever]?

They look down on gamedevs because they're jealous of gamedevs' programming knowledge and ability.

They look down on entrepreneurs because entrepreneurs are worthless scum.

OBS

bandicam

the idiotac swine look down on the intellectuels whomst are smarter then them

>having an education.
which requires...

>entrepreneurs are worthless scum
Someone's mad and jealous.

>jealous of gamedevs' programming knowledge and ability.
Good one

Because you spend all day making toys. Except the toys aren't even for bringing joy and comfort to small children, they're for overgrown manchildren to run away from the responsibilities of adulthood.

Game devs will never be respected because we contribute less to society than YA fiction authors. Make peace with it or an hero. Nobody will care

... you not to live in a shitty country for the first ~18-20 years of your life.
Imagine getting paid for your work while learning your trade. That's life in post-1900 Europe.

>Somebody must cry. Be that somebody.
What? Why?

>Because you spend all day making toys.
>implying i spend anything more than 10 minutes a day devving

There are so many grammer mistakes here that I won't even bother fixing them, what a retard.

Someone realizes that entrepreneurs are jumped-up telemarketers.

So you're a racist, got it.

>Game devs will never be respected because we contribute less to society than YA fiction authors.
Demographics change, brother. Gaming industry ain't getting smaller for a good 100 years, unless some major war breaks loose.

At what point will you consider yourself a success?

>unless
got some news for you m8

when I no longer feel any desire to post in /agdg/

ffmpeg

when jblow plays one of my games and recommends it

When Zoe Quinn starts trying to shmooze on me. So I can tell her I'm asexual, and rake in the big bucks.

When I won't have to attach tiddies just to get people to notice my post.
So now.

>Every game must actively subvert boredom to get the player to waste time playing the game by tricking their brain into thinking their doing something productive.

Or you could try making good games that don't do that so the player actually gains something real from playing the game.

when i don't have to work retail

When I make enough money to stop working

i wish i was as successful as you

never

>artfag starts a game that looks cool
>it dies or they go start another

every time

Because there are four types of entrepreneurs and three of them are assholes

1) Elitists who think everyone with a job is a moron
2) "Entrepreneurs" who never come out with any product and live off neetbux/other people's money
3) Entrepreneurs who's product is selling you books/videos on how to become an entrepreneur
4) Successful entrepreneurs

>gains something real from playing the game

You can't name a single game that does this and you know it. This level of self delusion is actually very worrying.

An Educator for 15 years in the public school system and never have I faced the disrespect and casual disregard for respectful discussion as I have when simply asking A) How best to get my students involved in Game Development and B) Which engine are you using?

I just want to make games my entire life. At any point I want to be able to look back and be proud of everything I've done. I don't want to make a game and regret making it. This will probably happen and it will be a mistake. At the very least I want to learn not to repeat that mistake. I don't want to ever desire women, or money, or fame more than making good games.

cool, n/m good luck!

I want you to be in the next indie dev movie

Good luck with that

Sorry but we won't be replying to your posts under any circumstances. Good luck with your curriculum.

I got something out of The Walking Dead 1.

they should give every 10 year old Game Maker, see which ones make a game after a month, and then start giving those guys scholarships.

Scared yet? You gosh darn should be.

is whomst a word i saw someone say it in here

When people know my name

>artfag keeps posting sprites/models for months with no gameplay in sight
every time

At least with the artist shtick you could pretend to be different people.

A sense of fake accomplishment from fake protecting your fake daughter from fake zombies to give some fake gratification to your frustrated paternal instincts?

So I have this awesome idea for a video game, but I don't have any coding or art skills. Is there anyone here who wants to work on a game that already has a great framework of ideas? We will need 1-2 coders and maybe 1 artist/3d modeller. I might help with some coding because I'm good at math but not much. I'm thinking we will split the profit from the game 50/50, I'll take 50 since this idea is gold and whoever else joins will split the other 50. I think it's a fair deal. Just drop you email and we can get started!

>emotions aren't real
Whatever you say, Shadow The Edgehog.

You made it too obvious

Nice progress. Well done.

How do you promote your game

Your rationalizations are on par with people who live vicariously through celebrity tabloid stories. Well done.

Sell an achievement in a silent auction.

sent ;)

I'm sorry? Did I do something meme-y? I've never lurked this thread so I don't know.

I love that Unity comes with built place holder sprites. Saves so much time from dicking around finding the perfect place holder sprite you want to use instead of actually getting work done.

How can games be real if our eyes aren't real?

pay youtuber to play it

Shill threads on /v/

pay speedrunner to run it

also speedjam when

send me a PM.

Show my friends and hope they'll spread the word.

Thank you.