How the fuck does a FF car do the ring in 7 min 47?

How the fuck does a FF car do the ring in 7 min 47?

That's just as fast as a 997 Porsche 911 GT3 RS, Lamborghini Murcielago and BMW M3 GTS.

I thought FF was slow?

Tires.

Really fast driver

these basically

Memes.

Drove a my FF turbo honda in a tarmac rally once. Cleaned the floor with everyone, good tyres and a decent setup they go really quick and can be quite forgiving compared to say an aggressive RR or MR car.

>can be quite forgiving compared to say an aggressive RR or MR car.
Thats one of the best parts about FF. There is no 'loss of control', just gradual understeer that can be easily corrected

So the Porsche, Lambo and the BMW were driven by shit drivers with shit tires?

Trail braking and rotating the rear and re-positioning the attitude of the car is easier. My turbo mkI mr2 on that same course just feels like it wants to kill you every corner. Both are completely capable of being really fast, one just does it more consistently.

I still prefer the rwd just for the thrill of driving, it feels superior; timeslip wise it isn't but I just go out to enjoy my shitboxes for the most part.

The 997's production ended in 2012. That's 5 years ago, and tires can improve a lot over 5 years.

No. You think FF is just slow because you're retarded. The point is FF can be just as good on a track as other platforms so long as the car is well designed and in the hands of a competent driver.

Really? Didn't know the tire industry was that innovative.

FF is not fucking slow. The traction is where the weight is, and that's under the engine.

Why are you telling me this you fucking mongoloid cunt?

hah

Veeky Forums is shit

There are two lap times for the LP640 with different drivers 7:47 and 7:40

Fair enough. OP is a faggot as usual it seems then.

Because I like educating retards about simple things that dont take a lot of brain power to understand
Thats the thing. Driving FF hard is definitely not majestic or particularly thrilling, but from a performance aspect it has its advantages and disadvantages over other platforms.

What have you educated me about, Mr. Good Samaritan? If you wasn't an inbred fuck with an IQ barely reaching the not-retard threshold, you'd understand that I was the one to question the validity of the claim that the Golf is as fast as the other cars just because of the tires and the driver being better.

No just a slightly worse driver and slightly worse tires. You do realize that the burgermemering is long as hell and small things add up over a long course to several seconds, right? 1 second faster on your typical road course could be 10 seconds faster on the nurburgring. A driver who doesn't know the course perfectly could lose a quarter of a second here and there on a braking point or transition and by the end of the lap it could add up to the difference you seen between many "competing" cars. Plus the weather and temperature vary a lot there which can affect grip and engine performance a little, but a little adds up to a lot over the course of a long-ass lap.

That's why the nurburgerring is completely useless as a method of comparing cars; too many variables outside of the car itself (driver, weather, traffic on the track). The ring is a meme.

What's a better method of comparing cars then?

All lap times are memes.
Completely useless method of comparison unless it's the same driver on the same day.
Even then there are plenty of variables left.

Good tier:
>Instrumented tests
>Back to back testing on the same track by the same driver

Ok tier:
>laps on the same track by the same driver but on different days

Shit tier:
>laps on different days by different drivers with other cars on the track (nurburgring)

>mfw people talk about a 5 second gap in lap time on the ring like it's significant
If the car takes 8 minutes to do a lap, 5 seconds is 1% of the lap. Missing a few braking points by a few yards and apexing early a couple of times could cost you 5 seconds, over the course of 154 turns even a god-tier driver can make a few of mistakes that will add up to a few seconds.

>if you wasn't
Confirmed southern fatass retard

> The traction is where the weight is, and that's under the engine.

Wot is ff?

When you eat lemon

GTR FANGIRLS ON SUICIDE WATCH

>That's why the nurburgerring is completely useless as a method of comparing cars; too many variables outside of the car itself (driver, weather, traffic on the track).
that's why we should have some championship with stock production cars all setting times on the track at the same time, like setting off at 10 second intervals. that will at least get rid of all the variables except the driver

>my Civic is a race car: the thread

Are we talking about the GTI 7th gen with some hyper-super electronic diff or the AWD R?