If Range Rovers are so unreliable, why people still buy them?

If Range Rovers are so unreliable, why people still buy them?

youtube.com/watch?v=FvJCCoLoKRA

muh status
muh badge

>people
Modern RR is almost exclusively a niggermobile for nouveau-riche.

Range Rover are great cars until the warranty expires.

1. Because its pretty dadyy!! Please!!

2. Fools who care too much about what others think.

3. Exception i could imagine is a rich person with horses and vast amounts of land.

Wrong. That's what a king ranch F series truck is for.

Many years ago I was part of Big Brothers/Big Sisters of America and my "Big Brother" worked at a Caddy dealership. He took me offroading in landrovers and it was fun as hell, and I even dreamt of buying one then.

Nowadays, they are doing what most other cars are doing: catering to trends and ignoring important enthusiast niches. And everytime I see one of these things it's driven by a woman because muh ride height and muh safety, meanwhile they're the most dangerous things on the road. Like if you want to be so safe, just take a bus or a train and nothing on the road except a stolen tank could possibly hurt you.

because they're actually great offroaders for the 6 feet you can drive them without breaking down

>American "luxury"
Not gonna buy into your shit until you prove me your cars aren't the same as your houses.

Because warranty under lease. Same as the new German cars.

Holds up under the first owner well. Gives few issues.

First owner returns the car at the end of lease, second buyer gets it certified pre owned. They own the car for a few years, it gives them some issues, mostly covered by a warrant though and nothing large enough to scare them away from the brand.

Third owner buys it off second guy for cheap, and is stuck with many major issues during their time with the vehicle and maintains it poorly as it is already stretching their budget.

Not the other guy, but what exactly is wrong with that house? Seems like it's pretty spacious and sits on a decent sized plot of land .

I think he's talking about how the front is brick but the actual house isn't made of brick?

>fake bricks
>fake columns
>fake shutters
>fake everything
>nothing but cheap wood and drywall underneath
>they didn't even bother to dress up the side facing exterior
Basically the same as throwing fake wood and leather seats at a work truck until morons think it's luxurious.

not him, but:

the brick on the front is a facade while the rest of the house is covered in that fake plastic shit that after a while still looks like shit even after you power wash it.

the house looks larger than it actually is because of ornamentation of the garage.

these mcmansions are thrown up very quickly and cheaply and sold for 500-1.5 million a pop. even though the build quality is similar to that of low-range condos

Huh. I grew up in and around homes like that. Hell, I live in a similar house now.
I always though that all that fake stuff was just the styling that sold and never questioned it.
But as for the drywall, what else would you make non load bearing walls from?

ALSO BRICKS

RR caters to new money cunts who are obsessed with having the latest shiny things, and will therefore inevitably get rid of it as soon as the next model is on sale; what would the neighbors think if they had last year's Range Rover parked in their driveway?
That considered, RR presumably just sees no need to spend extra money to make their cars more reliable when they're not getting anything from the second-hand buyers who would actually experience said reliability.

>interior non-load bearing walls
>made of brick

Where the fuck do you live, Fort Sumter?

Germany.

>3. Exception i could imagine is a rich person with horses and vast amounts of land.
Rich person that wants to get a new Range Rover every 5 years, because theres a lot of reliable alternatives to the Range Rover, like the LandCruiser or the G-Wagon

HAHAHAHA europoverties butthurt they have to live in cucksheds like peasants hahahah

Even our poor live better off lmfao

>it's the build quality of a warehouse but at least it's the size of a warehouse
Also (All Households). A lot of us live in apartments and our households are smaller in number of people on average. No one would build a 1,000 sqft detached house.

Because they have to cram in you like sardines to make room for the refugees. But at least quality>quantity so your little cuckshed is better than those "McMansions"

My state has the population density of Pennsylvania, but thanks for sharing your ignorance with us, you once again confirmed all my negative impressions of Americans.

Because people genuinely don't know what reliability means. They'd rather have a car for the status, look, and feel rather than think about what it takes to repair a vehicle or any of that.

And when people are buying land rovers they have more than enough money to pay for all that shit

>they have to live in cucksheds
But europoors dont live in sheds, their building standards are alot better and the houses are solid, concrete and bricks mostly, even those old houses for peasants in europe are a lot better built than the brand new american houses
pic related, your houses are literally weaker than the trees
>big is luxury
ok amerifat

>posts the aftermath of a tornado

Someone doesn't know how pressure differences work.

You are missing the point there m8. It doesnt matter. In europe wind damage on houses is done mostly by fallen trees

It always triggers the fuck out of me that so many people give Doug their car for a video without cleaning it first. The fact that Doug couldn't even be assed to clean his own vehicle just makes it worse.

Real 'old money' wealthy fucks don't go for flashy luxury for a car that they're going to be driving around paddocks for the next two generations. They're actually good with money, so they get something well built and reliable. Who in their right mind buys some nurburgring tuned "SUV" in which everything is controlled by a supercomputer and it sits on half inch thick rubber paint around the 20" wheels?

europe also doesnt have tornadoes or hurricanes. we had 84mph/134kph wind gusts yesterday and I'm in the not very windy part of the country...

they look better than every other suv also the more money you have the less you care about reliability

there's a great article from a Porsche engineer on the web somewhere that explains this.
Basically Range Rover customers don't care, they want to buy a Range Rover.

Who cares? We demolish and/or rebuild houses every 30 years...

Who wants to live in a old, brick dungeon? Have fun re-wiring that shithole.

>we had 84mph/134kph wind gusts yesterday
thats why you shouldnt live in a matchbox in the first place

>old brick dungeon
But are americans known for their superior house designs?
Or are you saying in america they fall before they get old?

They just get torn down and something newer gets put in their place before they have a chance to fall or get old.

unless they are poor and cant afford a completely new house or if there is a slightly strong gust.
If American cars are like that too, thats exactly what i feared.

Range Rover owner here.

They get the reliability reputation from 3rd owners who can't afford to maintain it.

If you can afford it and it fits your needs, I think they are worth every penny.

Would I own one out of warranty? Hell no