/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

"Is that a Jojo reference?" edition

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Velvet Shell is OUT
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/index.aspx
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1569348-Rank-Changes-in-Y2S1
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-1-4-2017

Comeback Victory:

First for Sledge is better than Buck

also

>"The same grenades Sledge has to kill Defenders in cover should be used to take out doors instead"

Really makes me think

What is this fucking meme of Jackals secondary shotgun beating Bucks M26

Its like you havent played Jackal

See

>grenades should only be used for fragging
what is barb wire

AND
You best not be shooting walls unless there is an attacker or defender on the other side. That's what bullets are for. They are not for making sight lines. They are for killing. Smack my darn head.

>ubishit's world class matchmaking pairs me and my level 13 friend with two plat 3's (one on each team)
>first round the one on our team is last op standing, acts like a pussy after the defuser is planted and seems to be waiting for them to peek him when they have no reason to
>gets owned by Glaz and then cries about Glaz being unfair in all chat
>tryharding like crazy, strafing back and forth for literally no reason, firing at corners he knows are empty
>uses voice chat solely to insult his own team at the end of every round
>every time he dies he immediately cries about it in all chat
After dying to this Kapkan trap in the next match he said "gay" and nothing else in all chat.

How do people like this get so high up the ranks?

wow, like, literally, git gud

How are the L85A2 and AR33 compared to each other and other ARs?

you're not going to be able to use grenades for kills all the time, especially if the defenders have half a brain and have a jager ADS to protect point defenders

They both fill completely different roles, what the fuck are you talking about?

Vector is just the SMG-11 with less damage, more horizontal wiggle and 9 more bullets to compensate. If the Vector's overpowered, so is the Smg-11, and the Bearing even more so.

>Buck is a worse Sledge
But that's just wrong.
>can open walls from a distance
>can open walls faster
>can open walls and hatches from safer angles
>also doubles as a quick-switch emergency fuck-you-up tool
Downside to all of this being it's loud as fuck and has more limited ammunition. Sledge is slower, more reliable and quieter, but those are the trades they make because they're both viable ops for the same role.

What the fuck are you playing Buck for if you're not opening walls?

How many more kills did you get compared to him?

None, because I'm bad. There's a reason I was shocked to be matched with plats.
I didn't say he wasn't good. I just don't see how anybody this negative could be good in the first place. All he does is bitch and cry.

Holy shit read into the sarcasm

>If the Vector's overpowered, so is the Smg-11, and the Bearing even more so.
Not the best argument to make since people think the SMG-11 is bonkers. Don't hear too much about the Bearing 9 though, probably because the Type 89 is fantastic by itself and lol Echo.

People only play buck for shotgun kills, which jackal accomplishes with a secondary shotgun. Also he can use that shotgun while still having a useful gadget. He can also use breach charges to breach so there is no reason to use buck.

grenades should only be used for fragging
>what is barb wire

Exactly my point, the nades you waste taking out Castle cades could be used for multiple purposes as you suggest, barb wire, cover defenders, Frost traps behind windows, Shield barricades, Sledge can do Bucks jobs and not be cucked with a shit tier gun set

And you can use Bucks shotgun to remove ceilings on Bartlett university from below or visa versa, that is the only exception where buck is better, shooting up to a ceiling, sledge can do downwards.

And as suggested →
Jackal now shits all over buck

>DMR meh

bait.jpg

L85A2 is the baseline for all other rifles. It it thoroughly average.
AR33 has a 15m damage dropoff with no upsides.

Oh, I didn't realize you were making fun of him because that comparison is so weak it didn't register with me.

Using frags to breach castlecades is weak because you only get two frags and they're better for clearing barbed wire or flushing out campers; in this case it's especially noticeable because Sledge ALSO has frags, but his gadget can breach castlecades as well.
Using bullets to open walls is fine because you have a fuckload of bullets.

>Not fucking with Buck
>Not being able to master the funky recoil

>use jackal
>attempt to blast wall open with cuck shortty
>wallbanged
>use buck
>kool aid man wall
>BTFO defender putting up reinforcements
>go below objective
>blast roof
>BTFO defender on cams

Shotguns are better for utility than killing. Attackers use shotguns to blow huge holes in unreinforced walls, trapdoors, and windows.

In this respect, Jackal does this job as well as Buck, and Jackal gets two other abilities to boot.

>can open walls from a distance

Yeah and that same range that buck needs to be to make effective holes is only around 34 times sledge range, otherwise you're making popcorn sized holes.

>>can open walls faster
Buck needs 4/5 shots to make a fast sprint hole that isn't likely to jam you mid jump, sledge is one swing and in, job done.

>can open walls and hatches from safer angles

The same angles that sledge can use, I mean, you're not standing front of the door/hatch/wall right? swing and backstep and the wall comes down and you're safe as houses in hard cover

Castle is a 100% pickrate so picking around a Castle is a smart and valid strategy.

using jackal's shotgun to open walls is like trying to drink soup with a fork

but the shotgun is trash and is only used for hatches

like t he m26 makes better holes and and kill better

Thatcher is one of the popular picks in the pro scene, and they solely use the L85.

DMR is only good against low pings and players who are not in 3 different dimensions with 100+ ping, oh and you need to macro/Middlemouse wheel it to be any good

>stdh

>People only play buck for shotgun kills
the fuck?
>He can also use breach charges to breach so there is no reason to use Buck
Do you even play this game? Are you that out of touch?

The vector is a Primary, so it by default is less potent because you can't combine it with a good breaching shotgun or AR, and Mira's secondary shotgun is shit for busting either walls or enemies.

You haven't actually tried to open walls with the GEO secondary shotgun, that's what all of this is telling me. It's only good for hatches, nothing more.
If you actually try to open walls with it you use a whole tube on a single hole and have to sit through the longest shotgun reload in the game to actually finish the job.

It's just a situation where Buck is objectively weaker than Sledge, spending a very valuable resource to do something that Sledge can do faster and safer with a resource that he's not likely to exhaust anyway.

It's pretty rare to find yourself in a situation where Buck is the better breacher.

>just got an ace / 1v4 clutch
>is this the greatest feeling ever?

You can leave casual games any time you like now Serenity-chan

But for real if you're using the CAMRS and doing well, you're playing shitters or mousewheel'n stationary unaware defenders who you' have killed just as easily with any other rifle, including C8

I'm sorry your inability to aim and click fast has left you this jaded, but fear not, for the game does not hold prejudice against how we play :^)

It honestly just sounds like none of you know how to play Buck. If he doesn't work for you, keep using Sledge, which is fine, I bounce between both.
As for me, and apparently most everyone else here, we'll keep being effective and having fun with Buck.

I think I may have played him once ever, so yeah, I'm not exactly an expert. I don't even know how many total shells he gets.

It just seems to me that he trades some of Sledge's utility for the extra offensive option the underbarrel shotgun offers, making him a plainly inferior breacher.

It's like Thermite v. Hibana. If you want to make entryways, use Sledge. If you want to make murder holes, use Buck.

Clicking and aiming is such a hard skill to master when you can abuse guns like the G3 in Cod4, SKS in BF3/4.

In the Ideal word the CAMRS is one of the best guns stats wise, but the fuck up is in the way the game deals with hitreg/ping/netcode, if you go 1v1 against a 40 ping and you have 40 ping and he's stood still, you're laughing with good aim, but you get a Jaeger main from some Favela infested with rats on 140 ping, you'll mag dump either 1 of 3 things, Him, his 'ahead' ghost' or you'll miss him completely as he has left the known universe, you'll know this if you play the game enough, and by then, you've been mag dumped in advance while lining up your pro shot.

Literally the only reason you assume the CAMRS is the holy grail is because your main man Serenity used CAMRS for a video, I suppose you'll tell me that Caviera is best Operator next

probably not what you wanted but this was the first thing that popped into mind.

Top quality user

Buck seems to make pretty fucking big holes, though, like at least impact grenade-sized.

He's not a plainly inferior breacher, they both do the job well, just differently.
Buck is louder, more finicky, and more ammo limited, while Sledge is quiet, reliable, and has more potential breaches. Castle panels are the only major issue Sledge can deal with easily that Buck can't, everything else they essentially share in utility, just with different minor factors.

Just like Sledge, Buck has to be an optimal range from a wall to make an easy vault hole in it, you just have to learn and get used to that as opposed to Sledge just needing to be within melee range. They can both make entry holes, Bucks are just bigger and faster if you know what you're doing.

Nice fuckin work buddy

1v5

B A S E D D R A W F A G S

>He's not a plainly inferior breacher, they both do the job well, just differently.
>Buck is louder, more finicky, and more ammo limited, while Sledge is quiet, reliable, and has more potential breaches.
But that's exactly what I mean. I'm not saying he's a bad breacher, just that Sledge is very clearly superior as a breacher. Buck gets range and combat utility but in exchange he's plainly inferior at putting holes in walls or breaking barricades.

Drawfriend, do you think you could sketch this so Smoke is babe'n Ash or another operator of your choice?

someone needs to do an ash edit of the happy merchant with a tiny head

can do, user!

i'm not working until late tomorrow so if anyone else wants anything too i can do that too

It might work better with Caveira. One psychopath taking advantage of another.

almost at 25k what operator should i get?
dont mind if its an attacker or defender

he's not even really that inferior at making holes, he just makes different kind of holes, but a lot faster and a lot louder

Just get more playtime with Buck before you start arguing which one's more potent.
Buck's definitely just as good as Sledge at breaching in almost all situations. Barricades are easy work for either of them, walls are paper, and hatches bust with no issue. Castle is the only hitch for Buck that Sledge can deal with no problem without resorting to frags.

>STILL lagging with a good connection
REEEEEE

Doc.

Do you have no other DLC ops?
If so, Valk or Hibana are the way to go if you care about objective work,
But if you're looking for fun, Caveira, Frost, and Buck are all both useful and fun once you learn their basics. Capitao used to be a fun-time powerhouse, but I can't say I'm enjoying him since they took his frags away, he lost all flexibility after that. Blackbeard's also still good, he just takes more finese than he used to and might be frustrating if you don't know how to deal with his new aim speed and pre-aim angles at the same time.
Echo's fun for me, but I'm also a good communicator and I'm patient when I play point so honestly just go with your gut on who you think you'll enjoy based on your normal playstyles.

Echo
>Now has 2 Yokai drones
>Yokai now move faster when on the ground
>Each drone now stores only 2 bursts at a time
>Burst cooldown is now a few seconds longer
>Increased delay between sonic bursts
>Sonic bursts now have a wider cone of impact to make landing shots feel more reliable
>Can quick switch between the Yokai by pressing the ability button while in direct control of either drone

>MP5-SD gets decreased recoil and/or increased damage

wow you just suck dude.

Can you not get headshots in terrorist hunt?

>MP5 fiddling
2bh I'd rather just give an MP5/10 to Castle and cement his reputation as the only non-amateur in Rainbow.

>I got killed by a bomber in Thunt so Buck is bad lmao
get fuckin good

>slightly over one minute apart
Nice samefag.

Posting something dumb to generate mock anger is the oldest trick in the book lad. I'm not falling for it.

>Now has 2 Yokai drones

No that would just completely invaldate valk, 2 moving cams are better than 3 stationary ones

The only real way to buff Echo is to make him 2/2 the reason hes so bad is because he can't take advantage of his drone 90% of the time,

Also the MP5XD is worthless if you can't consistently get headshots, SuperNova is meh Smg is pretty good though

Yokai is also too weak, it stops you from using your gadget while you deploy it but you can just go back to doing that immediatly afterwards, the sonic burst is pretty slow aswell, it should not allow you to use any ability or gadget during the entire duration of the stun. He is also easily countered by IQ.

I get that he was designed to be in the Obj room and that why hes 3 Armor but it really doesn't make for intresting gameplay and he is clearly designed around Bomb since his ability doesn't stop the hostage from being picked up and has no function in Secure area.

i just posted it because i thought it was funny
i didnt want to do that game mode
calm the fuck down you fags

wow fuck you dude.

nice try

Why post? Was it autism?

its not my fault you're so damn defensive over buck
i like him but not enough to be autistic

i have 18 hours with Blitz and i have no fucking idea how

Not him, but what if he got 2 drones but the first one disappeared if he threw the second one out, like a regular drone

>2 moving cams are better than 3 stationary ones
Only Echo can use his drones mind you.
also I'd rather give Valk a run for her money than let her maintain her dominance over the intel gathering role on defense, that part of the meta needs to be shaken.
But If 2 drones is really too much then give Valk back her fourth cam so IQ actually has enough shit to look for again. Defenders need more intel anyways, especially with Jackal potentially being in play now.

>The only real way to buff Echo is to make him 2/2
Not really. If you want make him more about punishing people he sees on his own cams, then you might as well be playing as Pulse, since he's 3 speed and has a quicker to use gadget anyways.
Echo has to man his drones to be effective, and the biggest reason I even find him fun to play is because he's an operator that focuses on teamplay and communication. Letting him have 2 drones solves a lot of issues for him.
>Can now spread out his eyes so he can hunker down more safely
>Removes his ability's sense of fragility; losing one drone no longer means you might as well be playing a Frenchie with a worse shotgun or mp5
>Deepens his strategy; use one drone for roaming intel and another as a turret close the objective, or mix it up

It'd be better than where he is now, but it's a waste of potential.
Besides, Valk would still compete just fine.
Dead teammates can view Blackeyes and give callouts from the grave, which can't be done by anyone but Echo in his case. His drones can't go outside, while Valk's can, and his drones can only stick to flat surfaces on ceilings, while Valks can get tucked into any corner she wants.
Echo's so far down below Valk right now that he needs a lot more than people realize.

hope this is what you wanted, user!

Echo drones can sit in door frames on outside doors and are invisible there is no risk to it either unlike throwing black eyes outsite where you might get shoot or the camera doesn't end in the desired spot, valk generaly requires a higher skill ceiling because of worse performing weapons

>20-30ms ping in BF
>20-30ms ping in CS
>60-80ms ping in Siege

It doesn't matter that only Echo can see through the drone unless you are playing casual with pubs that don't talk

Also French CQB > Supernova

Fucking solid work
Great great job buddy

Cheap Ubisoft hand-me-down servers because "if it works, why bother upgrading?"

we have the best drawfriends

That's great, but I think Ash should have orange teeth so it makes a bit more sense.

Am I just unlucky or has there been a huge wave of teamkillers lately, I swear every other hostage match someone on my team nitros the hostage or blasts someone in the face with their shotgun as soon as the game starts.

Just got out of a ranked game with a blatant cheater... I've been playing for so long and it still surprises me when people do this. What's even the point? You just burnt $20 bucks on a game that you'd probably get fairfight'd in

i suppose your right. good thing i still had the file open so it's an easy fix.

Fantastic

Echo's drones are only invisible after sitting on a ceiling for 2 seconds, never any other time.
And there is a risk to it, because if you lose your 1 (one) drone then you're now an op with no ability. If you actually think peeking outside with an Echo drone is risk-free, or an optimal strategy, then you probably don't play Echo a whole lot.
also:
>valk generaly requires a higher skill ceiling because of worse performing weapons
The MPX is way better than the Mp5-sd, what are you talking about? The Bearing?

The fact that only Echo can see through the drone means if other players die, they can't view it's cam. That's significant. Echo has to manually operate his drone any time he wants any intel from it unless he's already dead, in which case he loses the ability to use sonic bursts, which are supposed to be an important part of his kit.
Valk can toss and forget, and if a roamer dies early they can view the cams while Valk stays in play. Echo doesn't have that option.

>French CQB > Supernova
Let me rephrase:
"Then you're essentially playing as a Frenchie with a worse shotgun and mp5"
Hint: I agree

I love that the drawfriends here are so open to criticism, like the other day someone mentioned the guy saying cunt should be British, and the drawfriend made hi smoke instead of Blitz
Godspeed drawfriends

that was actually the same drawfriend (me)! you guys are all really nice so i don't have any problems making changes to stuff cause this general is so comfy

You should be glad they're doing it 4free

>20-40 in Titanfall
>60-100 in Siege, with open NAT and 24ms to datacenter which is near me
On the plus side it lets stupid shit like this happen.

Cool, I like you, maybe think of a cute name you can put next to the /R6G/ watermark
I thank Allah every day

Drawfriends, can you draw Mira rubbing her butt against the black mirror, taunting the attackers?

What's the preferred sensitivity? I can see that pros are using low sensitivity.

Superb stuff user, if her teeth were orange it would be a solid 10/10

I'm having a go at my first drawfriend post, on MS paint, it's killing me, update soon

whatever you're comfortable with

You should read replies more often

I like to pretend I am a little girl while playing siege, searching for my dolly with all of daddy's top operators

What did he mean by this

But they can't see in.

hmmmmMMMMMMMMM