Any of you american gentlemen happen to have one of these or have ridden in one of them? How's the ride/road noise?

Any of you american gentlemen happen to have one of these or have ridden in one of them? How's the ride/road noise?

>Veeky Forums
>crossovers

its not

My mom has one and it's pretty nice, the only downside I can think of is that the steering is super light, like sneeze on the wheel and it becomes an off-roader light

Go test drive a hatch in memeshift, heard its supposed to make an ideal DD

They're very nice cars, Canadian versions come with more features standard

Get a hatchback with a manual, they only offer the 1.5L turbo in those trims

shouldn't be a problem, my current shitbox's steering is pretty heavy and it's tiring desu (I have to drive for 12 hours straight sometimes)
memeshift? they're not released here yet and I'm more particular to the sedan, but not exactly decided yet
I'm not canadian but they seem pretty feature laden here too, and the sedan seems to come in manual 1.5 tarbo unless the dealer I talked to is clueless

Get the hatchback regardless, they look almost the same on the outside but the trunk in the hatch is massive

It's like what, a grand more? And you get upgraded to the turbo engine

don't really carry stuff desu, I just prefer the styling on the sedan albeit I wont pass final judgement until I see both of them IRL. Also like I said the sedan should get the 1.5 turbo but if it doesn't I'll automatically go hatch

The new civic is shit. Get a civic for 3k or get something actually good.

Don't get anything besides the base model sedan for 18k out the door.

Honda a shit now.

Actually just stick with a 3k civic. Loans and new cars are for cucks

bretty nice

Kill yourself

No u. Op could get a used g37 or lexus or Mercedes for the same price. If he wants an econobox a 3k civic is fine.

>what is maintenance
OP could get a C5 Z06 for that price, doesn't mean the purchase makes sense for someone in his position

They're all reliable.

nah m8, used mercs suck, they age like crap and break and cost a lot to fix, infiniti is much the same except doesn't break as much but is boring by default.

don't want a 3k shitbox because I actually drive

sure

>durr everyone should listen to me and buy used

Drove both COOP 1.5T and HATCHIBAKU SPURT (1.5T as well)

Def preferred the HB. But ride is loud, rough, and rev-hang is annoying.

Coming from Lexus ES350 so I am used to cloud feeling ride and absolute silence etc.

But the price just wasn't worth it. Honda is too cocky for their pricing these days. Toyota drops like 7grand off MSRP on Camry these days, you can get a Camry SE for 4000 less than a Civic, which is a tier below it. Or upgrade to a v6 Camry for dat sleeper status, for around the price of your Civic or a few thousand more.

Assuming you want a car for DD, not for boiracing. if you want boiracing, get a Miatoxxen or something

I actually drive a lot****

This is so damn ugly. Civic hasn't looked good since 2011.

camry isn't sold here

Camrys are cheap because they're old shitboxes wearing a new coat of paint and some chrome

also yeah I want it for DD, I'm gonna save up money and rally spec an e30 318i or some shit later on

If you actually drive a lot why would spend 20k on a new shitbox that'll be worthless because you put so many miles on it

how is that logical? how is buying a 200k miles civic that will not serve up half of what I need any better?

a new civic can handle my needs for the next 5 to 8 years np, and they hold value much better than kraut stuff so I can resell it if I change my mind a few years down the line. not to mention driving for 12 hours straight in a 3k shitbox is anything but fucking nice, because I have a 3k shitbox and I'm tired of it

Then buy an ls430 for 10k

>4 liter

nah, also too old

>a new civic can handle my needs for the next 5 to 8 years np
And a $3k Civic can't?

>they hold value much better so I can resell it if I change my mind a few years down the line
$3k Civic is already depreciated. No worries. You can sell it two years later and not take a big hit.

>not to mention driving for 12 hours straight in a 3k shitbox is anything but fucking nice
Neither is driving 12 hours in a new shitbox. Just repaint it at Maaco you faggot. Boom, new car.

>And a $3k Civic can't?

nah

>$3k Civic is already depreciated. No worries. You can sell it two years later and not take a big hit.

I don't want to worry about selling it in 2 years and buying something new, I work 12 fucking hours a day, I don't have time to shop for shitboxes on a daily basis

>Neither is driving 12 hours in a new shitbox.

Yeah it is.

>Too old
Who cares about age? It's still good and infinitely better than a new civic

nah its old. ride might be better but everything else isn't and the engine is too big, aka big taxes. I'm not american m8

it's also literally barely sold here and if it is you can bet your ass it held on that value well, because that's what nip cars do in europe

>nah
Why? What does the new one do that an old one won't?

>I don't want to worry about selling it in 2 years and buying something new
Then... don't?

>Yeah it is
Why? Are the seats so much comfier or something?

I have a 2016 EX-T.
It's pretty quiet. I often feel like I'm going 40 when I'm going 70.
I may trade it in for a v6 accord, just because I'm slightly concerned about the longevity of the turbo engine and cvt vs the NA v6 and normal auto trans.
Pretty solid car for the price.

Hahahaha
>eurocucks

Get a volvo s80 with the diesel or t6.

>Why? What does the new one do that an old one won't?

wont fall apart, smoother, better interior, more creature comforts, easier overtakes, better gas mileage, no worries about breaking down for at least 5 years

>Then... don't?

yup, that's why I want a brand new one

>Why? Are the seats so much comfier or something?

I rode in a new skoda octavia recently (eg rebadged vw golf or some shit) and the difference between it and my 2003 lancer was day to night
yeah it sucks

volvo is bulky and slow and the s80 interior is unappealing to me

is that the 1.5? how's the low end torque on it?

Yeah its the 1.5T, low end torque is good, starts below 2k rpm. 0-60 in around 7 sec.

race car compared to my shitbox

>bulky
No
>slow
Literally twice the power of the civic
>ugly interior
You really must have shit taste. The volvo is timeless and the civic will look like shit in 5 years thanks to the design and glossy plastic.

Pretty sure the new seats in a new Civic are much nicer than the old seats in an old Civic

>power = speed
Semis must be some of the fastest vehicles on the road by your logic

any model I can afford is gonna be slow, t6 is nice but I don't need a gas guzzler

They're shit and the armrest is shit.

if they were the weigh of a car..

Got the 16 when it came out, very smooth ride with hardly any road noise, had driven a 08 Elantra and the difference was night and day

>t6
>gas guzzler
It'll do 25 on the highway which is fine. Basically you're spending more money because you can't afford to not let the government cuck you. Just kill yourself

Except they're not. Stop being fat

calm down my dude, you're throwing your market onto me and it just doesn't work, with the money I save on this reasonable purchase I'll get myself a nice weekend warrior with a false registration. and volvo sucks, balls

>25 mpg is considered good

It's good for 300hp

And?

Eh depends. Head rest is better not the arm rest.

why are you driving for 12 hours? Why not keep your shitbox and buy a plane or train ticket.

not feasible on my route

and some people aren't poor as dirt and can afford horsepower

300bhp isn't anything special, you can get Accords that make close to that these days on pigshit 87 pump gas and still get close to 40mpg

What's a good hatchback to get nowadays?

Definitely not enough jagged edges. Think it's too late to add more?

Honda Civic

ep3 civic

golf gti

honda civic

Civic