/lite/ RogueLITE General

The Throne Exists Edition

Last: >What is this?
A place to discuss all rogue-lites and related games and topics. Examples: The Binding of Isaac, Nuclear Throne, Enter the Gungeon, Faster than Light, Spelunky, and Rogue Legacy.

>List of Some Rogue-lites (W.I.P)
pastebin.com/rwnYefeG

>Steam Rogue-lites
store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Rogue-lite/#p=0&tab=NewReleases

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/rogue-lite

>EtG character ideas
pastebin.com/Up96YEYk

>/ntg/ Pastebins
Character Ideas pastebin.com/JnGYReQj
Crown Ideas pastebin.com/TjhD5NAk
Soundmods pastebin.com/bAtMbDCV

Other urls found in this thread:

yellowafterlife.itch.io/nuclear-throne-together
bitbucket.org/YellowAfterlife/nuclearthronetogether/wiki/Mods/Mod list
pastebin.com/mxgjmqs2
pastebin.com/d3s7Ghr6
pastebin.com/YiL7jMXa
pastebin.com/CbY2hEBJ
pastebin.com/tPKuMiLJ
pastebin.com/5vbZ5QqK
pastebin.com/LFUJYHPL
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How do I unlock these Gungeon characters?

The Bullet
After you've beaten a past, randomly a Caped Bullet will show up. Don't kill him and he'll disappear on his own. Save 5 Caped Bullets and you'll unlock The Bullet
The Robot
Get the shortcut for the 2nd floor, and you'll find a Busted Television in the hole left by the elevator at the start of the floor. Bring it to the end of the game. It'll drop if you roll so pick it back up when you do.

Wait shit, quick correction: Bring the Television to the Black Smith, not end the game with it.

The robot is the guy with only armor right? And health pickups don't even give an armor piece? I think I'll pass on him.

Reposting the best seed ever for my necrobros.

>he didn't exclusively play ??? back when BoI was the only game in town
every roguelite must have manly shit for when it feels inadequate compared to real rogues

thanks user

I haven't played BoI since Cain was good.

Who should I use if I'm going for the 110 cost bullet piece?

>trying to find screwdrivers to get gold weapons because i can't loop
>finally find one
>get to 3-1
>get fucked by an assassin just before i can reach the car

The Pilot

Pilot.

Also,
>TFW not been in the mood for Rogue-lites as of late, so just playing Metroidvanias instead

Oh god but his pistol is so terrible.

But his passives are made for gathering money and keys for those kinds of missions

>only have the default pistol
>ammo drops
>jew rat steals it the next room

is there really no drop check for this?

Monocle is my all time favorite head item in the game. Getting it early is basically a won run as long as you don't get hit.

I wish there was something like in in Isaac, but that would probably make runs stupidly OP.

Every time I launch Isaac now since the latest update it crashes on startup. Has anyone else been having this?

Ammo is a separate roll from other Item Drops.
Chests, Health, Keys, and Armor all share a single Drop table that scales with an invisible stat and decays with Curse.
1 point of Curse reduces these drops by 1% and ramps Ammo drops up. 1 point of invisible stat increases these drops by 1% and does nothing for Ammo. This invisible stat caps at 80% chance post-room (that's 80 points) and your Coolness Stat, 1 by default, decides how fast it increases, you gain 1% chance per 1 Coolness per room completed, irrelevant if you get hit or not.
That means if you have 80 Coolness, you'll hit the Drop cap at the end of every Room.

You mean like the mind and compass but you can see what's actually in rooms? It'd actually be nice but we can't have nice things in Isaac.

Oh and when an Item drops, that invisible stat reverts to 0. Again, Ammo is totally separate and is just a % roll every room based on Curse count.

i've had the issue for a while now, game crashes after intro, haven't found any solutions yet despite seeing a lot of similar complaints

Honestly the monocle won me that run. Having platemail, a titanium cutlass, and a ring of ice by the end of zone 1 should have been a guaranteed win. However I'm very drunk right now and I fucked up a lot.

It didn't matter though. There was so much ham in zones 3 and 4 and the monocle allowed me to track it all down. So I won easily despite being fucking hammered.

Not mapping, but something that lets you see inside chests and destroyable objects without interacting with them.

Bonus points if it permanently negates Curse of the Blind.

I can't even reach the intro, the screen just shows up and then it crashes

It would be nice to see if bombing pots and skull would be a bad idea or n-
>permanently negates Curse of the Blind
Fucking fund it.

When are chest drops rolled? I guess it's on seed, probably?

>last water barrel in the entire floor
>two of those giant sword guys spawn

it's cool, i didn't want to go to the oubliette anyways

I think they're seeded, but drops might change depending item unlocks or something like that.

>keep forgetting blanks and my active item exist

Is there a mod to disable resourceful rat?

>The Incubus + Cursed Eye synergy is broken such that Incubus will quickly spams fully charged Cursed Eye shots.
Holy shit, an (unintentional) good new thing.

yeah it's called _______get good_______

>level up twice in NT
>Choose patience as the first mutation
>Choose throne butt as the second one
>It consumes patience and doesn't give me anything after
How disheartening.

Who here has never been to the abbey of gun?

It hurts

Thrice, and managed to beat the Old King twice.

He steals that when I go to the next room.

It's not as fun as it may seem.
The floor is piss easy, but the boss is on par with the hollow's bosses, specially given how unprepared you'll most likely be at that point

yes it does?

Does it unlock anything?

beating the boss unlocks the bloodied scarf and just entering the level gives you an achievement

>play as robot
>heart holster
>heart locket
>heart everything
>shrines that require red hearts to use
>moustache
>ring of chest vampirism
>never anything that benefits you just literally worthless shit

I just want a robot spice run but instead I get literally nothing.

bümp

>Antibirth
>Get Red Key early on
>Ohboyherewego.jpg
>Get extremely powerful thanks to red key and Guppy
>Damocles +9lives feels good
>Loop eternally on the chest until
>Isaac-ng.exe has crashed

Also it turns out you can use Red Key to permanenly delet the Mega Stan boss room.

Yep. Mega Satan's Boss Door is unique in that it doesn't exist.

In what has to be one of the most unlikely outcomes I could have imagined, I used the teleporter prototype at the start of bullet hell and wound up literally right next to the boss. This item has effectively eliminated the entirety of bullet hell in one active use. Really gets the noggin joggin

RNG is RNG.
Good luck.

thanks, m8. Should be an easy one, I'm pretty OP this run. Other side of the map for reference.

>Doing a Pong challenge funrun
>Tammy's Head, Multidimensional Baby & Duplex

>Double Boss door room
Never seen this before, even in Void. Neat.

Those tend to spawn at dead ends for me.

Lucky

And because of that you'll likely be going there only enough times to kill the boss and get his item. Not a really well though place if you ask me.

>find on the first floor both cursed bullets and sixth chamber
>proceeds to find blood brooch, fightsabre and the black market
>curse up to ten and the lord of the jammed appears

So that was a fun ride, didn't know fun was allowed on the game. Still died at the end of the fifth chamber, tho. But it was worth it.

I finally did it!

>not all-zones
who cares desu

I don't know why I keep taking pills in Isaac. They're just bad. Granted you can get some good ones I feel like they fuck up my runs more than anything and just aren't worth it.

Zone 4 was the only hard zone as monk anyway. I probably could have done it. I just wanted to get through it without as much crushing despair when I inevitably died in 4-3

I cheesed through Zone 4 by standing still a lot. No point keeping that multiplier up when I can't pick up the increased gold anyways.

Anyone know if the Shopkeeper familiar spawns for Monk, and can it pick up gold without counting towards Vow of Poverty?

I used a bow and shield spelled my way through the last floor and boss. The Shopkeeper familiar does spawn for Monk but I never picked it up because it seemed like a big waste of a shop trip

So does Afterbirth+ still disable achievements if you use mods?

Yes.

Antibirth update when?

When It's Ready©

Is there a problem with AB+ and Intel? I have the crash on startup bug and nothing I've done is fixing it

>The Shopkeeper familiar does spawn for Monk
It does not.

Maybe its because I have an older version of the game. I swear to god I saw it multiple times though

That's it, they made so it doesn't appear for him, just like dove doesn't appear for dove.

>Try to throw dagger of phasing to pick off shovel goblin before he can dig the wall

Nuclear Throne Together Modding Update is live
> yellowafterlife.itch.io/nuclear-throne-together

Mod Directory:
> bitbucket.org/YellowAfterlife/nuclearthronetogether/wiki/Mods/Mod list
Save mods in Nuclear Throne directory or appdata/local/nuclearthrone

A few mods made by myself (via last thread):
> pastebin.com/mxgjmqs2
Anthro Van. Save as race.gml
> pastebin.com/d3s7Ghr6
Bandit character. Has only the Bandit Blaster, but weapon mutations augment its bullets. Also has a Lil' Bash like Big Bandit's bash attack.
> pastebin.com/YiL7jMXa
Three gators on a fire salamander, known as Fire Riders. Mostly a silly mod, you play as the salamander while the gators shoot things at you. Cannot pick up weapons, but you do have a flamethrower and flame cannon attack.

> pastebin.com/CbY2hEBJ
Cursed Hyper Crystal. Makes HC teleport like a cursed crystal, but with a telegraph.
> pastebin.com/tPKuMiLJ
Hostile Rogue. Spawns an enemy-variant version of Rogue in 5-3. Doesn't suck like the Rogue Mook in Chaos Mod.

> pastebin.com/5vbZ5QqK
Cheat mod. Didn't make this one, but was posted in last thread (made by 9joao6). Allows you to use chat functions to cheat.

> pastebin.com/LFUJYHPL
Crown of Popo (CoP)/Gunfurunfu
Starts you out as Rogue with a double cursed Rogue Rifle where IDPD are constantly spawning. Comes with a beatboxing crown.
Presets:
/preset easy
/preset normal
/preset hard
/preset saniblues
/preset reallydad

To load a mod:
> save modfiles into Nuclear Throne steam directory or appdata/local/nuclearthrone. Saving them as (.mod/.race/etc).gml based on the type of mod they are is important, as they act as identifiers for the mod type.
> However yal got tired of people asking how to load mods, so txts may work as of the most current update
> enter /loadmod ..gml in chat to load the mod
> play the mod

>throw it at the shovel goblin one beat too late
>wall's already broken
>Aria's dagger is now trapped behind five enemies making a beeline for your position
>including the mini-boss

I've lost count of how many times I've got to the Dragun with the blessed gun, only for it to throw knives and my gun to turn into the fucking klobbe or mega douser. The game trolling me during the final fight means I'm basically going to need an iron skin potion or something to survive that nonsense.

FHÖ'FAASHYN Ä butt

I don't get it.
I saved the anthro van as "race.gml", but I have no idea how to input it into the command.
help

Am I the only one who thinks it's really cute when Rogue stutters out "F-Flashyn!"

>save as .race.gml. I personally have it as "minivan.race.gml"
>enter "/loadmod minivan.race", or alternatively /loadrace minivan since that specifically covers race files

Yes.

Also, you enter that into chat since I neglected to mention that part.

I wonder if Steroids helped teach her trashtalk.

>Compile error: vanthro.race.gml[4:31]: Unclosed string
pls i feel dum

Is there any way I could get a reference of a weapon? I want to port the Hydra from the Chaos Mod (Disk Gun with disks that double when they hit something) but I've got no clue where to start.

Worked for me. Did you edit the code somehow? Check line 4, position 31.

Could any of you kind anons maybe upload steam NT game files to somewhere?
I know it's a shameful request but I really need them and I can't find anthing on the web

apparently i copied the entire pastebin, but when i pasted in just the code the error changed to [6:215] expected comma or closing, got ident

no

You're positive nothing was changed? I copypasted the pastebin over my race.gml file and it worked just fine in the latest update.

would Unexplored be welcome in this thread?

Or is it not "lite" enough?

This run was going so horribly in the beginning.

>Throw it one beat too late
>Goblin dies next to the wall
>Monk's dagger is on top of a pile of gold

How the fuck do you play Bolt?
The beat makes no sense half the time and the digging/attacking animation fucks with my rhythm

It's just double time isn't it.

I know there's a mod that just makes the music twice as fast.

you just go twice as fast
that said, good fucking luck when you have king conga or a shrine of rhythm activated
remember that you can input the next thing you want to do before the last animation has finished

King Conga is actually only boss I can perfect as Bolt.

For some reason Coral Riff is my hardest boss for him, along with Deep Blues because trying to keep a steady beat against a swing rhythm feels like hell.

>him
xer*

Try wait late March

Actually I thought Bolt was a girl

>Do the exit/continue thing on a victory lap
>They've patched out the no-longer-thinks-it's-a-victory-lap glitch
Uh oh
Are they allowing you to unlock things on VLs now, or is this a Dark Bum-tier nerf?

Answered my own question, just got Eucharist by becoming OP during a Maggie run that went through Lamb and ended by obliterating Delirium in under a minute.

>install the omega weapons mod in NTT
>load it
>nothing happens
What gives? Are the "omega weapons" just rare, or did I fuck something up somehow?

Go to the throne vault.
Trust me.