Im looking to purchase my first real car with approx $15k budget. I want something fun and rwd...

im looking to purchase my first real car with approx $15k budget. I want something fun and rwd. I don't know if I should get something like a miata or e30 and have money left over for parts, or should I just be a man and get a c5 (I'd keep it stock)?

you want money for parts? get a 70s lada

Just get a Miata, and save your money. Alternatively buy an S2000 and it will most likely hold its value, maybe even appreciate

What do you drive now? 15k cash?

15k would get you a pretty nice e46 m3 that would have been well cared for, meaning the cost of continuous upkeep wouldn't be that bad

you could also get a super fuckin clean late model e46 330ci coupe or even a ZHP with plenty of cash to spare

mazda 5 that I've been driving since high school and yeah

C5

GM has by far the largest choice selection of real cars. Do not forget the Cadillac CTS-V and the Pontiac GTO. Though I would only get the LS2 versions of both models.

meanwhile

I'm in Canada, if that makes a difference. My gripe with the miata is that there's no backseat/limited space.

A 05 GTO

Man if your budget is 15k don't get a Miata. Much better stuff out there

Why not just keep the Mazda?

mostly because I just don't need the space and it's underpowered/not interesting to drive, and I was gonna give it to my sister.

the only correct answer

You arent going to find a C5s in a condition you want for $15k or less unless youre lucky

bogans

save up money for a brand-new car if you're not going to finance.

how else you gonna get a rust free car in Canada

if you're looking purely for a fast car then get something cheaper and mod it
in reality any rwd car will do but if you want a miata then that's even better, it's an amazing and well documented platform

for $10k you can make it so fast it will destroy your sphincter when accelerating unless you manage to get it broken before finishing the project, after all you will be driving a miata if you catch my drift kek

on the west coast so not as much rust as "real" canada

what's would be a good platform that has back seats/more trunk space?

is the gto a meme? The ones I found cost almost as much as a c5, and there are barely any on the market here

depends
if the trunk space doesn't have to be that much bigger and backseats have to be just barely usable for short trips then silvia/240sx/180sx are also good

if you want actually useful backseats and trunk space then bmw e36 is what you want - just keep in mind that it just won't be as fun as the miata or nissans - making the car more useful is always a compromise

is the 325 the most desired?