Nothing of value was lost

/thread

correction
>dead brainwashed heavily armed idiots.

Justice was served.

No.

But McVeigh was. God bless him.

youtube.com/watch?v=2NApAx7To-M

Waco & Ruby Ridge were both extraordinary abuses of government power.

daily reminder they were a branch of seventh day adventists

Koresh was a fucking lunatic who deserved to meet God sooner rather then later, no doubt, but Waco was an extreme over reaction.

No

These.

The Branch Davidians set the fire. The FBI was stupid to put them in that situation.

>ATF
>ever in the right

Not an abuse or an overreaction at all. They had child sex slaves and a stockpile of illegal weapons, they were raided, and they opened fire. Then they fucking burned themselves to death.

However, it did demonstrate the value of UNDERreaction, which is why those retards "occupying" that park last year were just left alone to look stupid until they didn't want to play any more.

>illegal weapons

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Idiot.

Occupy Wall Street was a full 5 years ago, senpai.
Anyways
>try to save the kids
>end up burning them alive because you wanted a cool TV showdown
>when they could have picked up Koresh quietly during his weekly excursions into town
the ATF and FBI were monumentally incompetent.

Bootlicker.

I posted

I can see your point and I can agree with it. It should have been handled much sooner then it had been. I can't see it ending well even then, but perhaps more lives could have been saved.

Koresh could have spent the next 50 years being buttfucked in prison. What a missed opportunity.

>illegal weapons
Literally hearsay. The guy who claimed that they were stockpiling illegal machine guns was the butthurt husband of one of Koresh's bitches.
The investigation found no evidence that there were any machine guns in the compound.

Stockpiling regular weaponry is not illegal in the US or Texas. You can buy all the guns you want as long as they're legal.

He was talking about the free-grazing weirdos that took over a federal park in Oregon last year.

>Occupy Wall Street was a full 5 years ago, senpai.

Not that, this

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupation_of_the_Malheur_National_Wildlife_Refuge

They burned themselves. Why is that anybody elses fault but theirs.

Kind of missing the point, aren't we?

What is the point?

That their deaths were solely Koresh's fault and the feds acted in accordance with valid procedures.

>valid procedures
>staging a giant raid complete with an Abrams tank with only hearsay as evidence
Yeah, nah.

different user here but
Koresh's fault, mostly yes. Solely his fault, no.

The feds acting in accordance with valid procedures, solid no. Janet Reno had an axe to grind for sure and wanted to set a solid example. Ruby Ridge was the same damn thing, but that's just my opinion.

Just my opinion though.

you are brainwashed

>posting anything from that russian nazi

>russian nazi

Klang is as American as they get

You are now aware that the child rape allegations were brought up by the son of old leader of the Davidians, who had made Koresh leader instead of him and who was providing evidence against a Davidian in a particularly nasty divorce case and custody battle.

The same guy also turned up at the compound with his mother's dug up corpses and demanded that Koresh prove his divinity by bringing her back to life, before starting a gunfight resulting in his arrest.

The same incident is where the famous "I'm God" quote comes from, with the context removed. Same guy had insisted his mother was pregnant with Koresh's child before she died, in her 80s. Koresh was joking that that would be pretty spectacular.

Hardly the most unbiased and stable source.

Justified.

t. BATFE agent
Go lend your Mexican friends in Guadalajara some more automatic weapons, why don't you.

>Was this justified?

No, the country sheriff has repeatedly said, both at the time and afterward, that he could have easily arrested Koresh and any of the Branch Davidians at any time, as they regularly came into town and had no idea the government was gunning for them.

But the ATF needed a big media show to insure their continued existence because at the time, there was talk going around D.C. about eliminating the ATF as a separate agency all together and transferring firearm enforcement to the FBI and alcohol and tobacco enforcement to the FDA.

The apparatchiks within the ATF were shitting their pants, as neither the FBI nor the FDA wanted any of those morons working for them and thus they knew they’d be out of a job or at best, stuck in a basement somewhere in D.C. shuffling papers.

So they concocted the Waco Operation; a forced armed stand-off that would justify the existence of the ATF and get them addition funding and… it worked.

Sure, four ATF agents were killed but today, we see the ATF at all kinda run-of-the-mill incidents where their presence isn’t justified or needed, but there they are anyways...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_siege

>Be American.
>Glorify Criminals.
I supposed you have to have an excuse for history which is why you glorify criminals, bochick family feuds, etc.

"""criminals"""

xD man...
man, you are so cool and contrarian... bro,
i'm with her xD

>Glorifying criminals.
>NOT the contrarian thing.

> they're criminals because the heavily biased, clearly butthurt former member said so
> the best way to deal with allegations of tax evasion (that's what the original raid was about) is to send in assault troops and snipers, then smash the place up with a tank while pumping in CS gas