Tell me why you'd ever consider buying a Porsche over this sexy thing

Tell me why you'd ever consider buying a Porsche over this sexy thing.

>memes need not apply

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cWUt4ROrGvg
thedrive.com/news/5207/this-video-reminds-us-that-the-tesla-model-s-is-an-awful-track-car
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Boxsters and Caymans can be had with a manual transmission, which is a valid point for a "muh feels" car.

because its 60 grand and has less horsepower than a v6 camry

also iirc theres no fucking air conditioning or something stupid like that

>4cyl
>automatic
>fiat
>convertible

also im not even a horsepowerfag i just don't see why you'd buy it over another underpowered good handling car (86) or, if you had the opportunity, a porsche

>6 Cylinders
>Manual
>Huge aftermarket
>Actually good

Damn

Nice, this is a good point user. Well done.

I'd still take the 4C for the looks, the sound, the visible carbon fiber "tub" and because it's more exotic, but yes I would have preferred a manual gearbox.

because, every rational reason you can think off.

>4cyl
That sounds better than many other cars with more cylinders

>automatic
ok

>Fiat
hand crafted in the Maserati historic plant and the carbon tub is hand built by an Italian company which produces aerospacial components

>convertible
There's a non convertible version eh.

Yeah, I could say shit like zero practicality, Alfa reliability, 4 cylinders, all that jazz, but that's not why you'd be looking at a 4C. It was specifically built for driving pleasure, not lap times, not practicality, and that just makes the lack of a manual option that much more painful.

its a Fiero...

I'd buy pic related over that Italian trash in a heartbeat

That chromatic aberration

It does have ac, don't know if there's an option to get it without it. It doesn't have power steering though

Probably a lotus. I like them, memes aside.

>also iirc theres no fucking air conditioning or something stupid like that

Why in the name of fuck would you make yourself look like an idiot for not doing a basic research on google before posting bullshits?

>manual tranny
>power
>torque
>2 trunks
>nice interior
>AC and other luxuries
>still amazing to drive

I'll take the 300lbs penalty and get a Boxster, it shits all over the 4C

Porsches are pretty solid/reliable cars.

Alfas aren't known for that. Not saying modern Italian cars are unreliable, but reputation matters.

Porsches come in manual, are actually reliable unlike literally every other euro brand in existence, and have a good deal of storage space if you want to grab some groceries or something.

Also, lack of power steering probably makes it a no go for daily driving since parking lots exist.

>895 kg
>power steering

What a faggot

Was just thinking that

Here's your manual 4C

youtube.com/watch?v=cWUt4ROrGvg

>Italian
So it's a beautiful, sexy, pile of shit that starts falling apart the instant you turn the key.

Probably because it has the engine from a Dodge Dart.

4C looks baller but is shit. 911 looks like shit and is an old man car. Cayman GT4, on the other hand...

0/10

>tfw the cayman both looks and feels better than the 911

Porsche made a mistake.

>Auto only

Because this 911 gt3 was a wet dream to drive.

ITT: People who have never driven a 911

Cayman is great, but it's still the little brother of the bunch. The boxster is the slutty sister.

Seeing as RR has a way steeper learning curve than other layouts, especially on that car, if you actually enjoyed driving it you must have just been putting around thinking about how cool you look. I've driven them on track and the car just never felt right or predictable to me, same goes for other people I know who have driven one but haven't been into Porsches for a long time, it takes a long time before it feels natural.

>I payed $200 to drive around at 40mph an an ECU restricted rental car, I'm an expert!

Kek no, ever since the creation of the 996 any 911 has become incredibly easy to drive as long as you understand the differences that RR brings to the table.

I bought a 996 when prices tanked, sold it, and now own an 06 Carrera S.

Before that I owned a 928 and a 2003 Boxster, both of which I bought for cheap and repaired.

Sorry user, but I've got actual experience. I've never owned a Cayman, but I have driven them.

fpbp

I want to love the 4C so much but no proper manual in a car like that is a deal breaker.

Porsches come with a stick, and aren't designed and made by a Guido.

I want a Carrera but it would be my fourth car in 2 years

Take a closer look shit for brains thats a rental at a track. And I beat the ever loving fuck out of it.

Because it's incredibly slow.

fiat is targeted toward gays

MFW those articles say "Tesla Model X Beats A Supercar In A Race... While Towing A 4,000 Pound Trailer"
Na man it beat that car tony was never able to fix.

Not pictured: the battery percentage after that run

>I've never had to live with an Alfa before

I could fit

Because you want a manual transmission

I honestly didn't know what it is, I thought it may be Pontiac Solstice or some weird Lotus until I opened the image.

>hand crafted in the Maserati historic plant
You say that like it's a good thing. Have crafted by Italians usually means the thing falls apart and has electric issues out the ass

Are you only pretending to be retarded or do you really not understand how power to weight works?

>arguing power to weight
>on a car that's slower under it's own power than it is being towed by an American minivan

Not pictured: the car engaging the safe recovery mode to avoid batteries overheat

You just described you average Tesla Model S.

saw like 2 on the way to Sonoma speedway yesterday, with a handful of old Alfas
no Giulia tho :^(

They just werk tho.

Unless you treat it like a race car and BTFO a 4c. Or are retarded and let it drive you under a semi

S P I C Y
P
I
C
Y

Let's assume the X is drawing the absolute maximum power possible (in real life it would never be anywhere near this high as the fuse would blow). The fuse is rated for 1500a, and the pack is max 400v. If it drew 1500a@400v for 10 seconds it would use 1.6% of it's charge on a 100kwh pack. In a more realistic situation it's drawing half that on average over a ~15sec period in the quarter mile, so well under 1%. You would use far more than 1% of your fuel doing a quarter mile in any gasoline car that runs the 1/4 as fast as a Model X P100D.

I'm legitimately considering buying a 4C, coupe though.

Approximately how bad of an idea will it be to drive a 4C year-round? I'm not planning on keeping my current DD Civic, regardless of what I replace it with. My backup car would be my equally-practical s2k. (100% serious)

Kek
But muh youtube videos and magazine advertisements

>Approximately how bad of an idea will it be to drive a 4C year-round?

As DD?

It depends, mostly you have to be worried about acoustic comfort (the racing exhaust is loud as fuck) and the suspension settings, because as standard the car is nervous.

Some time ago I read on an Alfa enthusiasts forum, 4C owners, that this is a company which produces and sets up your 4C so they can correct this behaviour and the car becomes a nice DD...if you can live with the noise, of course.

>As DD?
Yes. I got the Civic when my commute was 50 miles each way, mostly highway. Now it's under 10 miles and all local roads, so I don't really need the Civic anymore (I also don't like it very much). I think my biggest concern is salt/snow, but I really don't want to keep a 4th car around for the winter. I also only have a 2 car garage right now, so whatever I buy may get parked outside on occasion.

>the racing exhaust is loud as fuck
Yeah, no muffler, but the exhaust is one of the few options I want. Don't think it will bother me, but passengers might not like it. There's a new Akrapovic option too, haven't heard that one yet. I imagine it's quieter, since it's an active exhaust

>the suspension settings, because as standard the car is nervous
Supposedly Alfa fixed this for the current model year. I also hear part of the issue was the camber, and you can fix it with an alignment to the new specs.

Too bad it needs basically a pit crew and a full battery charge to stage this gimmick run

Can you link to a Tesla ad? I've never seen one.

What does the pit crew do? And why would it need a full charge when it couldn't physically drain more than 1% of it's charge in 15 seconds?

>I imagine it's quieter, since it's an active exhaust

If it has a valves that only open in RACE mode then you're golden from this point of view.

As of the rest, it's your choice.

For < 10 miles per day it is absolutely reasonable

>fiat

Yeah, the same lads who spanked their competitor's ass with pic related.

im sure people are going to drop BMW and pay more (LMAO) for A FUCKING FIAT because its only 0.2 s faster, even though it weights less and has 100 horsepower more

Its just retards being butthurt that electric cars are sucking a bit less as time goes on.

It has been proven multiple times that your m3 costs more than the Giulia with the same equipment so quit being a whiny fanboy already.

>Approximately how bad of an idea will it be to drive a 4C year-round?
It not impossible, it just seems stupid to put a bunch of unnecessary miles on a car like that.

Why would you ever buy any supercar over a Factory Five GTM?
>MR
>Tubular lightweight
>GM Power
>Porsche transmission
If you want luxury buy a luxury car

because kit cars are not as easy as legos and don't come with warranties and are not luxurious

supercars are luxury cars

Now guy you responded to but this is probably what he is talking about.

Max battery power is not maintained just because it still has charge left.

thedrive.com/news/5207/this-video-reminds-us-that-the-tesla-model-s-is-an-awful-track-car

Electric cars are getting better, as they should, but for now they are still one trick ponies in short distance acceleration performance.

You ever wonder why they focus on 0-60 times? Because it is a marketing stat for normies.

Ever wonder why no one focuses on trap speeds when they occasionally talk about Tesla 1/4 mile times?

Because their trap speeds are still disappointing as fuck for the ETs they turn, and if you dont know the implications of high/low trap speeds then this will all probably be irrelevant anyway and you can keep shilling for super awesome 0-60 times.

REBORN FROM ASHES ALFA ROMEO

then it would be slower "in real life"

The problem is I already have three cars, and I'm only willing to sell one (the Civic). So it's either have four cars, or replace the Civic outright with a new daily.
>a bunch of unnecessary miles
It would probably be around 6k a year, so not too bad.

Every time I look at kit cars, pricing out a quality build always ends up exceeding the cost of a used production car I'd rather have instead. And kit cars can make for pretty cool builds, but that's not at all the same market as a supercar buyer.

>weighs less
>has more power
then how is that bad?

its bad because its lighter and SIGNIFICANTLY stronger yet BARELY faster. shows how much its worth.

You can get a prebuilt, warranted LS7 one for under $100k. Hand stitched Italian leather is for jackets.

So buy a used kit car. It just takes patience plus travel or delivery.

>GT86: 1200-1300 kg, 200 hp
>4C: 900 kg, 240 hp
It was meant to be a fucking track car that is also road worthy. It shits all over the Toyobaru on a track.

See the Nurburgring lap times for the Quadrifoglio and the M3 then.

237hp at that price while the porsche has 50-100~ more.
>muh feels
There was one here in the NW, drove next to it and heard it accelerate, the fucking 718 sounds better.
It's automatic and for what it is, there should at least be an option for how little power it's laying down.
I know Veeky Forums hates comparing modified to unmodified cars, but you could go out and buy a BRZ or a miata, mod them while staying way under that 60k price and have something faster for a track, hell, and have better seats.

because I'm not a shot fuck you manlet and that car only fits manlets, I've been in one.

wow, they can't even get a lap in under full power.

DELET

What about a toyobaru with 30k in mods? The two cars would then cost the same. My money is on the 55k toyobaru.

>When you live in the right neighbourhood

875 kg to be precise.

>When I'm home alone I dress my mom's lingerie: the post

kek

As long as your boyfriend and you like it who cares what people think friend :)