Hypothetical

I'm looking to sell my 1995 Jeep Wrangler. Tbh, there aren't many pros to this vehicle. No radio, brakes are shit, paints pretty fucked, it's dented a bit, and I found out today that it needs a new head gasket if it's gonna go farther than my driveway.

How much would Veeky Forums offer for my car.

Bump.

Also, this is not my car

Depends on if you live in an area where people think they need trucks and inflate the price. 900-2500

I offer this (You)

I'm in an area where they go like hotcakes.

But really I could get it for over a grand if the head gaskets as fucked as it is?

Yeah, people love shitty YJs. List it for 1.5 and get "talked down" into a grand

Much appreciated friend.

Another thing.

My gramps has a 1999 yj that needs some frame work. He said that the offers on the table to trade outright. If he's still offering, you think I should trade or sell? Just your opinion.

Trade for what? What kind of frame work?

Maybe trading it for 300$ worth of tesco sale coupon

Generally, whenever I see a craiglist ad with anything to do with a failing headgasket, I tend to skip it and so do many of my other friends.

Everything sounded fixable right up to "headgasket", which is a common trend among pretty much all of the craigslist ads.

Do everyone a favor and if you list it please, for the love of god, write in all caps at the start of your ad, "NEEDS NEW HEADGASKET", that'll save some poor guy from adding to his frustration.

In all honesty I'd offer MAYBE 1k, and that's stretching it.

My buddy sold his rubicon with a blown gasket and kept getting lowballed for a month before some boomer bought it.

If I were you, I'd repair the gasket and anything major if you wanted to sell it and make a decent profit, Wranglers sell really fucking well, in my area atleast.

>Live in rust belt
>Jeeps needing serious work start at 1.5k as long as the frame is fine

what's the name of this car?

Jeremy. It's name is Jeremy.
Del Sol

del slow

If jeep has 4.0 and 5 speed people will still want it. If 4 cylinder eh.. good luck, somebody will buy it for a swap

Just fix the head gasket, it's not a difficult job!

>all caps
No. You don't mention the gasket at all, and ask normal value for the car, that way you get money. Let the next person worry about it. Besides, I bought my Cherokee with a blown head gasket over two years ago and it's still running fine, I've never bothered fixing it because it's leaking externally. Mechanics and fuccbois life OP talked to like to pretend a head gasket is a death sentence, but it usually isn't. Hell, my ex wife's car had a head pissing coolant when we met, and never fixed it in the five years we were together, the car only died when she got pulled over and it got crushed because she had no insurance. (that was after we split, I paid the bills while together.)

>1999
>YJ

Get the fuck out pleb don't ever insult the TJ like that

>don't tell them about the headgasket

What a dick fucking move, welcome to Lemon Laws you fucking piece of shit

That only applies to new cars, you dumb fuck.

I live in a beach community and these things are so fucking expensive locally. There was an 88 on CL recently with more than a little visible rust and the words "frame damage" in the ad... and sold for $3500. Unreal

I mean, I'd give you a grand for it if you live in Indiana.