/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>News
MHXX is due out for 3DS in Japan on March 18. Demo is out now!
Opening: youtube.com/watch?v=tV8dqB6xVR0
Trailer 1: youtube.com/watch?v=5VV5-opm1TE
Trailer 2: youtube.com/watch?v=XiOBszkWCp0
Trailer 3: youtube.com/watch?v=MnpNGzNoOY0
Spoiler: youtube.com/watch?v=iJAaJHeuNg8

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ehluIVN31t8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you're the best monster why are you so garbage? Is this game just bad?

xth for kelbi bow shitters still don't understand how the game works

is he using his blood as fuel for his rockets

I'd try to kill myself too if I looked like it

No. Sucks in air through mouth, horn nostrils and chest, combusts it in his lungs and exhales violently through his wings. Actually kind of neat except for how bulky his wings are and the fact that he's covered in metal and also that he looks fucking stupid.

No it's how it breathes, it inhales through its mouth and exhales out its wings.

Sad thing is, Kelbi bow is almost a good weapon if used normally. Like, just below 4U Teo bow.

[autistic charging]

So I'll be fine with narg bow in HR? Can do focus, rapid+, WE set.

SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Probably uses a gem or other non-sac component like the other elders

probably his heart

Gotta be reactor, like very angry brach.

Barioth bow is strictly better than Narga bow until G-rank and has a slot on top of that.
Also be sure to make the thunder Arko Nulo series. It may seem weak, but the element is ridiculous enough to make up for the relatively low raw and lack of power coats.
The set is fine.

>elders
Ballfuck is a wyvern though, just like brachydios and seregios.

Gotcha senpai. Gonna farm all that.

>Ballfuck is a wyvern though
Yeah, despite the game literally classifying it as an elder. user, come on.

Why you gotta bait tho?

>despite the game literally classifying it as an elder
Source me up famalama.

Too many limbs for a wyvern.

No, Gore is a ?????, not a wyvern.

That's his "type," but in both dialogue and his monster description he is called a wyvern again and again.

>Trying to defend Gore being a wyvern
>When he literally reaches level 36 and then evolves into an Elder Dragon

Doesn't change that Barkfark's body type has more in common with Shaggy's than Gore without the wingarms out.

>A bizarre WYVERN that, when threatened, scatters pollen-like scales that heighten its own senses while causing detrimental effects to any other creatures that inhale them. As elusive as it is hilarious.
Even your own wording betrays you.
>evolves into an elder dragon
>into
>implying that it is not an elder dragon itself

Though Gore is obviously not a wyvern, Elder Dragon isn't used in the games to denote that a monster is an actual dragon, they're not above making herbivores, leviathans, snake wyverns, and whatever Yama and Naknak are "Elder Dragons", so saying "but it's related to/looks like and ED" isn't so strong an argument.

Elder Dragons are only classified as such if they can affect a large-scale change in the environment. Gore isn't considered to have that kind of wide-reaching effect, but it achieves that after it metamorphoses into Shaggy.

Gore isn't changing from a Wyvern into an Elder Dragon. He's ticking the last box on the criteria sheet to be an ED.

Once again Gen fucks everything up.

That's more classy than calling him an elder dragon larva.

>whatever Yama and Naknak are
Cephalopods

Wouldn't the more classy thing be to just call it a dragon, then? Fucking Capcom and its bullshit categories.

>There's even less proof of that than there is of the supposed P3rdHD fiasco causing a falling out.
It's from a reputable leaker supposedly and it makes more sense than P3rdHD. But official statement from Capcom is that MH is on 3DS because timing coincidence and gimmicks

Why do monsters like Lunastra and Monoblos exist? They don't do anything significantly different from their counterparts to be interesting.

Pretty sure monoblos and diablos was literally just "we have this biceratops, so it would be funny if in singleplayer it was a unicorn." Lunastra was "we did it with monoblos and diablos, let's do it with these fuckers." In terms of ecology both are gender dimorphism.

Why do half the subspecies exist?
Green Narga, Green Plesioth, Black Diablos, White Monoblos, Rust Duramboros, Pink Rathian, Azure Rathalos, Brute Tigrex, Black Gravios, Steel Uragaan.

>Monoblos and Diablos are examples of gender dimorphism
... Are they?
I know that Black Diablos is a female Diablos in heat, but I thought that Monoblos and Diablos were separate species.

monoblos and diablos are like wolves and dogs

it should be noted that capcom used 1 basemodel for almost 15 different enemies in monster hunter 1

youtube.com/watch?v=ehluIVN31t8

4U is the ONLY good MH game.

What surprises me isn't that chinks decide to make it, it's that chinks decide to pay for it.

Why don't you just dump MH doujinshi?

What is MHFU

Everyone pays for "it"

if you get rid of apex and actually balance the game sure

are there any videos of people hunting barioth with brave GS? i can't find any. it's all kut ku and barroth.

>get rid of apex

Maybe Gen is a better game for you.

>2nd gen shitboxes
>Good
:^)

Ok

>having to switch classes to kill a monster

The imbalance is part of what makes the game good, and Apex is perfect.

>Apex is bad
fucking shitters s m h

I know for sure Canta's done it a few times on stream, but good luck digging through the vods for that.

>having to switch classes to kill a monster
I never did even when i fought one that my wep was bad with, witch was apex rajang.
rewarding as fuck when i finaly solo'd it so idk what your bitching about

>Lagi swimms into the rock pillar of deserted island 10 for 3 good minutes
What a dummy.

Longest I've seen that happen was a good five seconds.
Could be it just stopped because I flinched it.

I'm exagerating a bit but I had the time to cut his tail, he flinched two times and got right back at swimming into the pillar.

So I've been farming Gore's Feelers on HR and I'm a bit confused about breaking the horns.
Everything I've read so far suggests there's 2 stages to breaking them but there only seems to be one change in appearance which is its right horn being chipped. How do I know when they're completely broken?

Talking about 4U by the way.

How convenient. I always found Lagi's tail a bitch when underwater.

You've come from the same timeline I did a few months back. Don't worry about it; in this timeline, there's only one break. If you want further proof, there's quests with the sidequest of breaking the feelers you can get confirmation from.

I've been waiting until it enrages twice every time so far. Thanks man, this should make farming it twice as fast.

What style and armor skills do i want to aim for if i want to use LS? is the hellbalde LS the best one?

generic crit set
Hellblade > Grimclaw > Silverwind > Hyper Seregios

I paid for it, needed a tail, got a plate.
I have trouble with many breaks underwater honestly, my depth perception is terrible. Lagi is easy to kill cause the soft lock is on his chest, but fighting Ceadeus was a nightmare.

I can hardly imagine fighting Ceadeus without a gun as it is.

It'd be cool if they reintroduced Lunastra to make her and Teo a dual elder fight, for a change. Just imagine the powder combos.

Hello Ichinose/Ryozo, what's the next Rath?

>yfw first time playing game playing beard clipping simulator
>cookie cutter g rank entry set was helios z mix which meant goldbeard cutting simulator
>didn't find out about gunning goldbeard until hr unlock

So just hayabusa sol?
Also what style is best?
thanks btw

striker, adept is nice

Gore's feelers only break once, but they only come out in Rage mode, and are separate from the head break.
Shagaru's feelers break twice, and the first break is the same as Gore's only break.
This is what confuses people, that's all.

>rage mode
Well, not rage, but frenzy mode, rather. Gotta wait for it to spread enough frenzy mist to see with the feelers.

HBG with pierce2? I'll keep that in mind for later.

Pierce 3. Halved travel distance underwater means all those hits are very close together, which is muy bueno. Even Normal 3 is stellar underwater because it just keeps ricocheting forever.

I just bought this. Ask me anything.

The feelers are a pain the ass because hitting them will almost always knock him out of feeler mode instead of breaking them. The best way to do it is to use traps to hit the feelers. As long as he's in the trap he can't be knocked out of that mode, just stop hitting it if the trap wears off before they're fully broken and lay another trap. One should be enough though.

Pantsu?

pierce 3 or normal 3

do you have other figurines?

Why? There are so many better, actually related monster hunter figurines.

Maybe, we shall see.

Yes, mostly cheap ones.

Because as a kid I really liked transformers toys, and this is kind of similar, but with anime tiddy. Plus Gore is cool. I might get a small Brachydios figurine later.

I gotta say that looks pretty cool. Grats on your purchase user.

For the record, this is the Brachy I'm talking about. MH has a lot of merch but monster figures are actually incredibly expensive usually. This one's kinda small though.

I just looked up that Gore figurine, that's expensive as hell for something to put in a cabinet. Although I do really like collecting shit.

The most annoying this about the figures is how many only come in grab-bags.
You can get them individually off of ebay or other sellers but they're going to be like twice as much.

I plan on using a small china cabinet because I don't have any china.

How much MHerchandise has Charlotte got? A whole HOUSE?

Yeah the bigger monster figs are really costly. It's nice to have something other than anime tiddy but that's usually monsters or robots or whatever.

That's because they come in blind boxes. It's like a lottery.

Only one MH related fig ever looked interesting to me.

>That's because they come in blind boxes. It's like a lottery.
I know. I'd complain more but the figures I want are still dirt cheap with the markup.

i tried to test if i could connect to rooms on monster hunter generations or whatever and its telling me to go into options and agree to some new terms of service. im on a jap 3DS with cfw so im not exactly sure

>he

16-9523-3684-3284
room open, taking turns