>tfw no perfect double wishbone or mult-link

Why does Toyota hate me?

>20 year old car designed to be affordable
what do you expect
i have nothing to say about the gt86

>McPherson strut
Literally doesn't matter
Sw20 mops the floor with miata double wishbone shit

Only matters if the stock camber and toe arent good for the setup.

>miata double wishbone shit
>wishbone
>shit

opinion discarded

>what is bump steer

some of us prefer superior driving dynamics on unevenly paved backroads

>what do you expect

A mini Japanese turbo Ferrari (you know, the thing it was made to be)?

Ferraris have wishbone and multilink setups (even fucking Miatas do)

Does it turn?
>yes
Will it do all the shit you have the driver skill to ask of it?
>yes
No problem to me. Camaro uses mcpherson struts. 911 too. they must be god-tier. Mcpherson you are a brilliant inventor.

>Will it do all the shit you have the driver skill to ask of it?
not on a mountain road

>Camaro uses mcpherson struts. 911 too
Those are both made to be run on TRACKS. Bump steer and camber angle gain aren't issues on baby smooth dry tracks.

Youre being a retarded autist.
Kys

>tfw even my old Honda Accord V6 has double wishbone front and rear

And your car is fat and useless on a real drivers road

Porsche learned that early when they pulled out of rallying

My car?
What do you think i drive?

>muh real drivers road
sorry you live in a 3rd world country where they don't pave things but that doesn't mean the rest of us need farm tractor suspension

>not wanting rally suspension

a shitbox
sorry you don't get a chance to master the most natural, beautiful, and most challenging roads in the entire world
just make sure to let the rest of us in real street sports cars pass (not that you have the balls to run in the first place)

>the rest of us in real street sports cars
dont you drive some piece of shit 100 hp 80s japanese car?

everyone hates stupid people like you

Which MR2 are you taking about, and why's everybody comparing it to the Miata.

IMO, only the W11 and W30 compare to the Miata.

What-ev... all 3 generations handle better than the Miata, but the Miata DOES give more feedback and IS more confidence inspiring.

MR2's are a little scarier to drive (esp. the W20) and do have a tendency to feel like they're understeering, and/or skittering around on rough roads. If you're brave, they'll take the same corners faster. Few people who have experience with both cars would dispute that.

Dude, I'm not the same guy, but I live in Greece. I have an MR2, and the roads here are... well.. exactly what you'd expect. My W30 handles them just fine.

Multilink>Wishbone>Mcpherson strut> absolute dogshit >>>>>>>> dependent suspension

All things being equal for a road car. Even then on the AVERAGE street, multilink and wishbone are superior to all

Uh, a lot of rally cars use mcstrut because it's a more durable design....

did you check the cars that won post-1990?

I don't think Mc.P is better in any way.

I think it's just that the advantage of double wishbone is negligible and 90% of the reason automakers choose this system is because it looks good on paper.

If it were something you could easily upgrade and you only had $1000 to spend, you'd probably spring for a new set of tires, or a set of coil-overs before you'd even think about making a (hypothetical) upgrade to w-bone.

Yeah, it's autism to obsess over suspension design and think it's the end-all be-all. Just pointing something out.

double wishbone > mcpherson
it's not up to dispute

>MR2's are a little scarier to drive (esp. the W20) and do have a tendency to feel like they're understeering, and/or skittering around on rough roads. If you're brave, they'll take the same corners faster. Few people who have experience with both cars would dispute that.

i would
i autocrossed both, miata is way better for that
miata centrally is better in the corners
meanwhile mr2 gains on exit, and technically should on entry but they don't, because second gen and third gen (dunno about first because i've never driven that one) have surprisingly quite weak breaking for an mr car, part of why they are quite scary to drive

Check out the MR2 forums. You'll see plenty of complaints about oil consumption, pre-cats, 1zz engine, no 2zz option, shitty dashboard, absolute turd center console, derpy face...

NOBODY complains about the handling.

A little off-topic, but can anybody identify the lip on this W30? I really like it.

Looks like some kind of venomous snek!

um sorry but sneks r illegal

There's a shit load of group buys for custom suspension correction kits to fix the macpherson struts fucking up the roll center, camber, etc that can't be fixed otherwise and plenty of threads asking if a wishbone setup is possible with builds

>I don't think Mc.P is better in any way.

That would just make you plain ignorant, no offence. I suggest you read up on the advantages/disadvantages of all the designs for a better understanding.

More high res MR2 advertisements, please..

Speaking of all that, I just got home from work. Some 90's Mercury Capri just tried to race me in my MR2 while it was raining heavily. Must not have been the turbo version cus I wooped his ass. He was understeering hard on this twisty on-ramp. I just rode his bumper without even really pushing the limits.. and I'm on snow tires lol.

I wish I had friends like you

come see me on the touge mayne, no homo

Yeah same to you. I mean honestly, I don't care about all the benchracers talking shit about this or that. I drove my buddy's stock Miata and it is a fantastic car, and so is the SW20. I bet the AW11 and ZZW30, ND Miata and 86 are amazing as well. I drive to have fun though. Not to have stroke my ego with the best specifications, so, I focus on improving the driver, not the car, since my MR2 does everything I ask of it. That sounded pretty autistic, but whatever lol. Veeky Forums is the shit-postiest board so what do I care. /tips fedora