/poeg/ - Path of Exile General

new league starts tomorrow - get hype!!!!!!!!!!

>2.6: Legacy
pathofexile.com/legacy
>3.0: the Fall of Oriath
pathofexile.com/oriath
>Offline Skilltree Planner
github.com/EmmittJ/PoESkillTree/releases/
>Offline Build Planner
poebuilder.com/
>Helpful links
pastebin.com/8R2HQiuu
>"Hey guys what's the price on this piece of shit item"
poe.trade/
>Wiki
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki

previous

Other urls found in this thread:

clips.twitch
youtube.com/watch?v=z_hrNTgYsm4
youtube.com/watch?v=uqGvN5zTBTw
pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAEUKCibAGunVWfMV7B7fqZV82fcytfIvzK4-_o8FLWLsmStf2lFgwGaS93k5xq7KkK-n02_vfJd5vTYGi_AfqW77qvajXz_0xgSHNdYaPu8OPQ_E9gthwL_YvbaKrK--vHTtFCC5HQkzaPJlTSDjcqnawRUgdqxHfgSzT1YyTq9sMZ4nL1BHGbQaOD3iBjn-Ci5Tvqctg8GCeu_RNsEEeWg8BX7iz36QVXfjOuE1km87QKCiAAz35FFnm-IshNmPmXgN036zPwHcrKq9gXiuSO6tjaZXTeOLT-968wbyReoYKCqE7w==
youtube.com/watch?v=KLOyChP2AWA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this thread is unethical

reminder

/poeg/ is strictly for elite HC SSF players

NO shitcrows allowed

SO FUCKING LONG LEFT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Since you decided to attach a meme picture to the OP regarding ethics, I felt it was my duty to remind new players what "ethics" in the context of PoE means.

"Ethical builds" refer to builds that reject the idea of abusing whatever exploitable mechanics that are unfair by nature and expected to be nerfed/removed by GGG in 3.0, including double-dipping and CI+VP Vinktartanking, in order to progress.

Example of ethical builds: a traditional summoner Necromancer, an Essence Drain Scion, a Righteous Fire Chieftain. Those builds rely on simple, effective concepts that are not reliant on double-dipping or instant leech.

Example of unethical builds: an ignite Flameblast Elementalist, poison BV Pathfinder, Blade Flurry Assassin.
Those builds rely on unethical double-dipped damage, or trivialize game content through instant leech abuse.

The decision of using ethical or unethical builds is up to personal choice (very much like the choice of good or evil in real life), self-respecting players will use ethical builds, while honorless power-craving "players" are quick to jump from fotm build to fotm unethical build, as long as their personal advancement is ensured without regards for game balance.

Hope that cleared things up.

I can't decide on a fucking build for 2.6 SSF.
All I know is it's going to be a bow build. I have yet to choose a skill and whether it will be an Assassin or a Slayer.
Will Ice Shot be viable with the buff or is it a noob trap?
Also since it's SSF the build can't rely on uniques.

>free
>free
>free

is a perma leech capped melee slayer ethical

Sure, you're not exploiting a gamebreaking mechanic, merely building around your ascendancy's defining trait. Improved leech is ethical, VP is not.

>9 replies
>free retard
>anime shitter
>muh ssf autist
catposter you're next

Assassin is garbage for SSF, it only shines if you're going crit and poison, which is a terrible idea SSF

Slayer is much better since the ascendancy power boost is frontloaded and a duelist doesn't start in the the area of the tree with no life

Ice Shot is shit, either an ele bow LA bow build or a phys one with a reasonably common Lioneye's would be much better

diablo 3 or path of exile? i just want to kill a lot of stuff

first of all i already posted in this thread

orcs must die

you're not raising the bar any higher you freaking RETARD

diablo until friday
poe for 2 months
diablo until 3.0
poe forever

clips.twitch
.tv/alkaizerx/LovelyDonkeyBatChest

FUCK

i can't finish my hideout i hit the 750 object limit, its 3/4 done

WHY

is there any way of extending the limit?

$$$

buy a hideout supporter pack

>hideout supporter pack

>watching alkaizer
really doesnt make me think, the guy is a shitter

alk is probably a top 5 all time d3 AND poe player
who the fuck are you?

i'm just a boy playing poe
:^)

Reminder that you can play how you want and in whatever league you want. All that matters is that you have fun. I love you all

If you stand for nothing, why should your opinion matter? If you have no standards, why are you not playing D3?

>alk
>top5
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
if he's top5 then i'm top1 and nobody is even close

who
the
fuck
are
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

show your ssf hc demi

Swap Disfavour with Unleashed.

>demis are a proof of skill
>racing takes skill
tippity top lel
kripp has a demi too and hes a fucking shitter

are you implying that kripp wasn't the best poe player back in 2013?

reminder that if you play ANY shadow ascendancy, you're essentially this cringeworthy:
youtube.com/watch?v=z_hrNTgYsm4

>read racing goals
>rush goals nobody else is doing
>farm points
>get a demi
>"i'm so good at this game"

>someone tells me broken interaction
>i make a build that exploits it and take full credit for it
>"wow i'm so good at this game, watch my stream and sub to my yt"

fuck you

FUCK YOU!

i guess you are that guy who posts; time spent farming =/= skill; in hack and slash threads

>mfw got to Ngamahu's Flame and "DoubleBF"CWC way before Mathil
>everyone thinks he came up with them

I think I need to start posting my builds to reddit.

Post max block w/o rumi's build
>probably another red nightmare build

max block is not hard at all..

getting 78/78 as a Gladiator is trivial, Red Nightmare only saves you some points

are you stupid?

every fucking thread the same maxblock shit

no, i just want you retards to realize that racing doesnt take skill and your meme streamers arent as good at this game as they're making it look like

if you want game that take "skill" go back to csgo or dota shitter

friendly reminder that whispering ice is the most redpilled ssfhc build

Starcraft is the only game that takes skill

if you play mobas or arpgs, you're basically at the bottom tier, a trained monkey could do your job just as well

>waaaaaah stop exposing the shitters
pic related, it's you

I can think of 68% block that's reached with BoR, 30% shield, Tempest shield and convenient skill tree nodes.

>wearing Anvil

Sounds reasonable. Might go LA then.
What are the good physical bow skills, Barrage and Tornado Shot, right?

>no matter how hard I try, this glacial hammer build is still absolute garbage
It's draining me

I guess I'll try it again in 3.0 but in 2.6 there's just no fucking point when I could be double dipping and having some effective defences...

unethical players should be put down

If you're gonna think like that it loses the fun. I just do meme builds, and if they and up being shit so be it.

I did a lacerate build on breach that would be a hell of a lot stronger if I went for poison bullshit, but I made it phys damage only.

>tfw no good builds that use uniques in every item slot
just

>he plays ethical builds

is 100% phys to ele conversion + inquisitor unethical?

>he buys challenges
>he copypastes streamer builds

>be an asocial neet in real life
>plan to be an outcast in a MMO too
SSF players are truly autistic.

>using autism as an insult
shouldn't you be updating your normiebook status

youtube.com/watch?v=uqGvN5zTBTw

How will GGG recover?

So I've been mapping for quite a while now (last one was T13), and I've killed two of the breachlords. This entire time I did not realise I had misunderstood how resistances work.

The merciless penalty to resistances I was aware of, but what I didn't know is that your hideout doesn't take difficulty into account (I assumed it did, since Navali gave me merciless prophecies while I was in my hideout). My resistances, that were all above 75% while I was tinkering with my gear in my hideout turned out to be below 30% while I was out mapping (without me realising).

TLDR: The resistances displayed in your hideout do not take difficulty into account. Make sure you actually have 75% after the reductions from difficulty.

There's actually one

whispering ice

Where did you find this?

Tbh these mechanics make perfect sense of you understand all the other game mechanics

Is Whispering Meme actually good? I'm always wary of 'storm abilities.

Isn't that what he is complaining about? you need to know the entire game before doing anything

Haha "DAMN SON, WHERE'D YOU FIND THIS?"

No you don't

it's good but expensive

>it makes sense that gems get extra hidden tags from jewels even if you don't have those jewels equipped
if you say so...

There are plenty of build that don't make use of those mechanics
You can do lots before know the entire game

That's just another layer of mechanical depth that you push into as you begin to learn even more about the game

>being wary of some of the best skills in the game

pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAEUKCibAGunVWfMV7B7fqZV82fcytfIvzK4-_o8FLWLsmStf2lFgwGaS93k5xq7KkK-n02_vfJd5vTYGi_AfqW77qvajXz_0xgSHNdYaPu8OPQ_E9gthwL_YvbaKrK--vHTtFCC5HQkzaPJlTSDjcqnawRUgdqxHfgSzT1YyTq9sMZ4nL1BHGbQaOD3iBjn-Ci5Tvqctg8GCeu_RNsEEeWg8BX7iz36QVXfjOuE1km87QKCiAAz35FFnm-IshNmPmXgN036zPwHcrKq9gXiuSO6tjaZXTeOLT-968wbyReoYKCqE7w==

This is without Red Nightmare, Red Nightmare lets you save some points dough

Yes you do

You have little to no way of knowing what you are getting into

>whispering ice the only all-unique build that isn't shit
i doubt this but something else isn't coming to mind

But that's wrong

I don't think it has any effect when the jewels AREN'T equipped? How does that make any sense?

burning arrow doesn't explicitly have duration tag, but it actually does because there's a jewel that would add a duration effect to that gem.
Which is why less duration support works.
It's retarded if you ask me but maybe I just have to git gud.

Its not

all the game techies you is how to equip skill gems, everything else is up to you to learn

what juggernaut build do i make

But the less duration support only has an effect if you're using the jewel I thought?

no it works even if you don't have that jewel equipped.

Believe it or not, that's actually an appealing side to the game for some players, games where your hand is held from A to Z and no mistakes can be made are comparatively a complete snoozefest

How would that actually work mechanically then?
You're not creating burning ground, so the less duration has nothing to affect.

The notoriously inaccurate tooltip might show an increase, but I doubt it actually changes your DPS.

it simply adds (10-19)% more damage without any drawback since you don't care that your nonexistant burning ground lasts less.

Or at least that's what I understood from the vid.

who are you quoting?

eq

cyclone

is that even a question like lmao?

>new league starts tomorrow - get hype!!!!!!!!!!

nigger, WHAT?

>getting baited this easily
must be a sh*tcrow

resident autist
I think OP meant it to be an epic troll

>ED + Contagion Trickster or Scion (I want it life based)
>Pizzablast for shits and giggles
>Le Incineratable ray with fireballs

wat do

a slayer one

scorching pee is overrated

blight cwc vortex is the only good channeling build

>t. dragonsroc

Scion or Necro are the only sensible choices for life-based ED imo, Trickster is kinda iffy and hybrid won't work well in Legacy

I was thinking the same but my friends are fucking idiots and keep telling me that ED goes with CI.

And fucking CI in league start is a mess to deal.

So what IS double dipping?

youtube.com/watch?v=KLOyChP2AWA

dip your potato chip twice, and may god help you if I see you do it