/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Fuck Capcom for letting this new franchise die in the gutter edition

>Tips for new players
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Understanding the romance system: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

====================================

>/ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw
gamefaqs.com/boards/626514-dragons-dogma/74291952

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj
pastebin.com/XqfsTx3G
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8
>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA
>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/mx95PT0w
reddit.com/r/dragonsdogmaonline/

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg
pastebin.com/338KVa5X
>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND
>[un]official Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/postsliders

Other urls found in this thread:

implyingrigged.info/wiki/Main_Page
youtube.com/watch?v=q5OgczS-6KU
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/96/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

D-did we actually die for almost a full day?
It was lonely without you guys.

Unless there's another sale or something to draw in new players it's just going to keep dying at this point.

let go

dying

Fuck we really are dead.

Our man Grigori is about to play.
Click play. And send him your heart.

If I didn't miss it already, go Griggo go!

Sadly he didn't score. Only set up good actions that made Veeky Forums win.

so theres like ten of us left now.
pretty crazy how it drastically changed from active to dead in the span of a couple of weeks.
oh well, it's not the first time we've died.
just want you all to know this is/was a pretty cool general and i enjoyed every day i spent here.
you guys can add me if you want, your all pretty cool id/ghostosama

Is two Frostwyrms the hardest fight for a Sorcerer?

They're hard, but if you manage to cast Bolide, you can stunlock them and it also hurts them a lot, since it's fire + physical damage, both their weaknesses.

>two Frostwyrms
>not Firedrake and Frostwyrm combo
user kun, don't you love hot dragon ass in your face as ice spires rape your anus?

>1227 in-game

That it is a surprise.

I want to hug my pawn!

>Check if my pawn has been up for anything
>Five rentals
>one of them got me 500kRC, five star reviews and donated me a lvl.3 BBI weapon
>Purified the weapon
>got a better weapon for my character

T-thank you, kind stranger.

I think I follow you on twitch, watched the other night

So everyone plays this on Steam now yeah? I just booted it up a few days ago on my PS3 for the first time in forever (bought DA this go around for like 12 bucks) and all the pawns available for hire are generic CG shitters. Am I doomed to having shit pawns for awhile?

If the old /ddg/ console pawn list still exists somewhere, there's plenty of good PS3 pawns on there. Otherwise you're kinda shit out of luck.

That's part of my problem, no one is renting my pawns either so I'm not making any RC, so I can't rent any good pawns. I think I'm just going to play different characters on different profiles and just rent my own pawns for free, but that seems tedious.

Give me a chance to try out the different classes though. On that note, which is more satisfying, Assasin or Ranger?

You should never be spending rc on rentals anyways, just get things your level or lower. RC is for purification once you get to bbi or for special colors at the encampment. You probably can't expect any random rentals at this point so your only real hope of rc on console is by joining a rent sharing club. I think gamefaqs probably has one.

Assassin has better melee, ranger has better bowplay.

That's good to know, last play through I did was at release, never even been to BBI. And I'll check out the sharing group, that does sound like my best bet at this point. Shame I decided to come back when the the general decided to die, but you've been very helpful, thanks.

We went from comfy to straight up dead in the span of like two days.
That was fast.

can't play it on pc?

The power receptacle inside of my laptop got severed after a friend stepped on it in just the right way, so no. Plus like I said it was cheap as fuck for ps3, and I remembered it being a blast, so I dusted the old girl off and here we are.

Didn't realize there was so MUCH to it though, I just kind of played it however last time. Still having a hell of a good time though, I forgot how much fun this game is.

Sad bit is I just spent the better part of 2 weeks modding Skyrim just to make it half way enjoyable, and here I am having a good time right out of the box. Really makes you think.

>tfw STALKER still has a fairly steady general after all these years
Life is strange sometimes familamadingdong.

People still make modding projects for stalker, which is a large reason (if not the only reason) why its community is still alive.
Most games live or die on the modding scene alone since that's mostly what keeps them alive and replayable.

Frankly its pretty impressive how so many people still care about DD after all this time even though interesting gameplay alterations or additions aren't possible and its a damn shame that no modding tools were ever released since it seems less and less likely that Capcom are ever going to make a sequel.

I know, it's just amusing to me. I think the interest in DD has lasted so long because it's such a unique game. It's got a lot of elements mashed together from other games, and ends up being better than the sum of its parts.

Can you imagine a modded DD? How hellish would it be to navmesh monsters for climbing? How quickly would someone port Monster Hunter weapons into the game? What manner of sex mods would exist? Would we finally get to see exactly how "excited" ogres get at the sight of women?

I wish something would motivate them to make a sequel though, for real. It's such an interesting IP, and they're just letting it slowly fade into obscurity. There's plenty of directions they could go in as well, it's not like they've written themselves into a corner. We've only explored one small country, theres got to be plenty more lands to explore and monsters to fight.

It just doesn't seem like there's anything Capcom is willing to make or sell to the West that isn't Resident Evil or Street Fighter anymore. Even Monster Hunter still gets delayed years at the time even though it has a cult fanbase and manages to sell very well every time despite consisting largely or rehashed content and only being available on a shitty system nobody likes.

On better news. Hideaki Itsuno is reportedly working on a new game, but its probably just going to be another Devil May Cry.

So, i'm just hiring low level pawns with my OP MA level 200 with a fuckton of items, and i'm just killing stuff with the triple monster mod and doing quests and giving 3 stars weapons to those random pawns and rare materials as a gift.

I love this kinda of stuff, it reminds me of Diablo 2 where i would help people for free with farming or doing acts and stuff.

does anyone else pick up corpses or nearly dead bandits and toss them in the ocean for the brine?

>feeding the brine

Race traitor

always

throw me into the brine then, let me be with my kind

Do you even know what the brine is?

game says its a fog-like creature, looks like giant leechs to me

ah, a dam shame
the online pawn interaction is a lot of fun

Not the same user, but if I have a really bad internet connection at all times of the day, all year long, should I even bother trying online mode?
I would be willing to rent out pawns, but if it affects the game drastically, maybe I'll continue playing offline.

it shouldn't
your just syncing with the server is all

neat, thanks for the company

Yeah I know, I remember how it was on release. It was great.
Nah, you're just syncing occasionally with the server, it doesn't require a constant connection or anything. It just updates what the pawn has learned and gained since the last time it checked.

boipussy

gay

#b01pucc1 4 lyfe

post cuteboi pawns

I actually recently just made a trap-ish mage main with a big, burly fighter pawn. I imagine they get up to some heinous things when they check into an inn or huddle around a lantern in the dark.

Actually made me realize that playing a mage is boring as fuck and that I also have a huge fantasy of being sexually submissive to a much stronger man, which means I fit the healslut role pretty well Helps that I'm a manlet IRL, so I guess I should get on that.

Are you me? Although, I haven't played a blue vocation or this game in a while. Assassin is too much fun.

That...is disturbingly similar to my main and pawn. Change the hair on the pawn to the Snake mullet and the Arisen's to the Emo boy cut and you've got basically what I made.

>Assassin is just too fun
Fug man, I think I might be you.

post ur arisen

I don't want to let it go.

then don't dummy

>go through gran soren
>see wandering pawn with holy enchanted revenant wail and framae blades

wat. is it possible to infuse your weapons or what?

>playing arisen called Janet VanDyne
>fight Senechal Emma Frost
kek

>that pic
I have been out of the news for this since the mmo got only the most basic eng path
Is the MMO fully patched yet?
Is there actually a sequel on the way, no matter how shit.
Are there shitty mobage side games yet?

I'm still playing on PS3. What kind of pawn do you want? My Yeezy is a tenfold-only ranger.
I am doing a BBI run not tomorrow but the day after. I'd been keen as fuck to take your pawn or anyone else's from here, for that matter.

later

see you. I'll miss your streams.

>say later
>still stay for a bit

Not leaving leaving, just for now

>Implying there will be a thread later.

>implying we are not eternal

>There will never be DD sex mods
>We will never be able to hug our pawns
>Or even our beloveds
>Capcom will never give us another DD game again, much less a good one

This general may die, but my disappointment will not.

>We will never be able to hug our pawns
Actually, is it possible to change the standard carrying animation into the Aelinore princess carry? That'd be a pretty cool mod if it's possible.

Eh, why not import models from DD into SFM?

I just started, so I've only gotten to lvl 24, but if you're feeling generous my ID is
ReluctantBoss which is a Strider and
Flywithmewendy for a mage. I've been splitting my time between two profiles. Yes I'm bored.

Any recommendations on skill sets would be appreciated too.

Recently got this on steam and this seems an easier entry than DS 1 or 2.
I'm figuring I should save the pastebin data now to make sure I don't miss anything, but is the wiki helpful for people who like details on lore, mechanics, and minmaxing for different play Styles?
How necessary are pawns?
Any way to meet/communicate with other players in game?
Is there a dedicated steam community or are they shit?

It's an easy game so you don't need to worry about minmaxing. If you do choose to minmax you'll be playing the entire game as assassin for physical or sorcerer for magic and won't get to switch to the other classes you may have wanted to play as until you've already finished everything the game has to offer.

You can play the entire game without pawns if you want, assassin even has an augment to make you stronger when solo. The only problem that might occur is when fighting a physical or magic immune enemy as a class that can only do one damage type, but there are ways around it.

You can't meet other players since this is a single player game. The closest it has to multiplayer is renting pawns created by other people but they are controlled by AI. You can also gift people things and turn their game into complete easy mode with equipment they shouldn't have yet.

Stalker's the only thread i follow consistently.
Game doesn't get old, with the modding community is still alive.

If only DD modding was as capable, the community might still be around..

Is DDO easier to access nowadays than it was last year? I remember having to do a lot of shit to try and play the game and failed

After resting in BBI any applied buffs/enchants will carry over to other people's games. Perries, boons, spellscreen, ect. It doesn't work if you rest in the mainland.

playing mage for a long time can be pretty boring.
i like playing it every once in a while and just play support for my pawns

Grigori is going to play again for Veeky Forums.
Click play on the player to see him playing again.

Quarterfinals!
We're up next

It might be.
But that doesn't solve the
>Your pawns/beloved will never hug you
Problem.

because I don't know how to, and want to play DD while I do it.
That is an option though I suppose.

that was a disappointment

ENB fix when

>reccomendations
Well that depends on whether you mean for your pawn or your character. For your character, just have fun for now and find what works for you. You've got two running so it's not a big deal if you level one inefficiently.
For your pawn check the pawn guide that used to be in the OP. Apparently the PS3 pawn list isn't even there any more so I'm not sure if it has survived but you should check.

This. I desperately want to break into DDO. Those end game boss fights looked insane.

youtube.com/watch?v=q5OgczS-6KU

>tfw no beastmaster vocation

Since getting RC is so unreliable at this point, is there a way to simply edit in more? Cheatengine maybe?

nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/96/?

Open your eyes!

No matter how shit the pawn i give them 5 stars and bbilv3, am i doing it right?

Why hire shit pawns in the first place?

Glad I found an active DD board, feels so teasingly lonely with it's asynchronous multiplayer, its like everyone there but no one is.

Criminally underrated, this game

So i haven't played the game in months, is it better to start a new character or just pick up where i left off?

I feel like rolling a new class as well anyway

Just reroll. Early game is pretty fun

Just deleted my save without checking to see if anyone had anything to say about my pawn. RIP

who was your pawn?

I never posted her here, but it was a red haired archer named Jen based off my girlfriend.

Forgot pic

i was actually surprised by how smart the pawns are in this game when you train them right, she would always look for highground to avoid getting hit, and she used a bunch of enviromental objects too.