PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳a9lh + CFW: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo released 11.3, thoroughly patching downgrading for latefriends who update. 3dbrew.org/wiki/11.3.0-36
-rxTools BTFO, Menuhax's "last known Home Menu vuln." dead. Current solution is to switch to Luma or better yet, install a9lh per the guide.
-hblauncher_loader 1.3 and new *hax 2.9a payloads fix Homebrew for 11.3. github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/releases/tag/v1.3
-NTR CFW 3.4 Preview6 and BootNTR 3.1 released. (BootNTR Selector updates automatically.) github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
-Boot DS games in DSIware mode on 3DS from SD card: gbatemp.net/threads/nds-bootstrap-loader-run-commercial-nds-backups-from-an-sd-card.454323/

>Wii U
-FlimFlam69 removed the Brazilian method from the guide (you can still find it at: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/blob/master/btimsg.md). The pastebin has been updated to contain that link.
-People speculate about a new Wii U firmware version before or at launch of Zelda: BotW. Even if the Wii U is out of production, you may still want to use 35.164.240.189 to block updates.
-Boot0 code execution displayed at 33c3, along with boot1 dumping.

>Vita
-Activation without PSN access now possible. wololo.net/2017/02/10/epsp-bubble-installer-2-0-activation-without-psn-psvita/
-fl0w teases usb mounting for pstv only. wololo.net/2017/02/09/theflow-teases-support-external-usb-drive-pstv-vita-tv/
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both HENkaku and taiHENkaku currently.

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.us.playstation.com/2017/02/15/playstation-now-service-update/
youtube.com/watch?v=DV1fUwKMdAI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

HOLY SHIT

STORY OF SEASONS WHERE

tik in 5 hours !

Reminder
blog.us.playstation.com/2017/02/15/playstation-now-service-update/

This.

People actually used this service?

>there is a infinitesimally small chance of the Sig-corrupter brick actually happening is one in a million. Don't listen to the mocha shills.

can some please elaborate this? Why and how can this occur?

I have NFC215 tags, is it as simple as using TagMo to write to them and emulate an amiibo?

There's lots of outdated info on using hex editors, whereas others don't even mention it, so wondering if it's still required.

fuck you

youtube.com/watch?v=DV1fUwKMdAI

It doesn't emulate an amiibo it is an amiibo.
mega:///#F!Z4UWVIYS!HsOvjW4tUMHE40ECIG7sMQ
Grab the pack, grab the key.bin and a copy of tagmo, i recommend 2.1 as the newer ones didn't work for me.
I'd check what amiibo do what before you go wasting them, some are more worthless than others.

Anybody have any idea if you can get a USB loader for the Xbox 360? My brother is selling his Xbox 360 + tons of shit included with it for $150, and I'm wanting to see if I can run games on it with a USB loader because I'd never buy games for it.

I need help with my Wii U. I have a WD Elements 1 TB harddrive that is recognized by my computer just fine but I can't get the Wii U to recognize it.

It's the only harddrive I have that I can use for this purpose. Does anyone know why it wouldn't be able to recognize it? My Wii U is hacked if that means anything.

what a fag

>F!Z4UWVIYS!HsOvjW4tUMHE40ECIG7sMQ
HOLY SHIT

You have to format the drive to work specifically for the Wii U. Once it's formatted for Wii U, it can't be used on PC unless you format it again. Use google for more help.

Not him, but you can probably partition it

It doesn't happen

Already downloaded a few from the mega, just wasn't sure if they were encrypted or needed any tinkering as I only started looking into this an hour ago.
Yeah I only really have an interest in this for breath of the wild, though they'll come in handy whenever i play any other game i suppose.
Thanks

you can't

Can't partition it. It has to be dedicated entirely to the Wii U format.

you cant. the wiiu formats drives in their entirety for use with the system.

yeah but how can it even happen?

Well that's certainly a downgrade from the Wii's WBFS

Memes aside, how long will a 128gb flashdrive last lifetime wise for playing games off of? I have a new one plugged into my WiiU and it's mostly filled, but I don't want for it to fail in a month or two.

I'm in the process of doing some final things with my long untouched Wii, I'll be transferring it to the Wii U so I can put the Wii away, making room for the Switch.

What's the recommended WAD dumping/extracting/creating tool? I just wanted to make a WAD dump of something I got off the Wii Shopping Channel with leftover points.

It can't, someone went on the internet and told lies

the wii had no way to natively load from an external drive, hence why WBFS was homebrew. the wii u has this built in, which is why you're simply installing to the drive with wup and running games as you would normally.

Ok...so chances for bricking with only haxchi and brain training are kinda zero?

Also do I still need to have the stupid kernel exploit on my pc if I want to play games?

Finally and intresting comment...

Hardware level : Most of USB sticks are pretty shitty built but this one will just stay on your wii U, you will never disconnect it. It wont break.

Software level : People say that the reading and writing time "use" the usb stick and after a while it will die. DUring the Wii era, many people had usb flashdrives and no issue. If you install windows on an USB and keep using it all day and do heavy stuff, its gonna die eventually. On the wii U, you only write the savegame and the game during installation. You just read from the disk.

It should last pretty long but the big issue is that the savegames are there as well so if it dies, you will loose games and saves. If you dont plan on buying the switch and have a 32GB wii U, I recommend putting zelda in the internal storage and all the games with less important savec on the USB. I have been using my USB for 5 month, I play a lot of splatoon from it and havent have any issues. I think its pretty reliable for using with the Wii U

Ah, gotcha.

No need for kernel exploit if you have haxchi.

Installing haxchi only is very safe, use the official installer by fix94. Installing CBHC is way more risky but if you know what you are doing, its pretty safe. I have CBHC

Quit spreading misinfo, please.

Any usage of homebrew/running of unverified code is potentially dangerous. All developers can hope to do is REDUCE the chance of bricking. Haxchi, while a great peice of software and easily the best CFW for the WiiU, isn't brick-proof. Just read the instructions and you should be fine. 99% of the time a brick happens it's the user failing to follow instructions.

BootMiiU when?

Do i just have to run mocha from the homebrew channel to play other region games?

>Haxchi
>CFW
>brick
How about you stop spreading misinfo instead? Or are you one of the sods confusing Haxchi and CBHC?

Zelda leak thread where???
All the threads keep getting archived...

useful post user, thanks. I think I'll stick with the flashdrive for now.

Dislike that the saves are on the drive though, is there a method of backup/save extraction? Redownloading games is easy, but the thought of losing my Xenoblade save kills me.

Lastly, is there a way to transfer contents of a drive or will I have to reinstall my games if I need an upgrade? Not an issue really if its possible to transfer saves, but i'd like to know for sure.

His point is that ANY code made by hobbyists can potentially fuck your shit up, you're never 100% secure

nah I don´t care about cbhc. If I understand this right, the only thing I need to do is everytime when I want to play games, launch haxchi, and then go to the game?

that is the question I have. Many people say because of the signature patcher or something. But the only thing I want is playing wiiu games, so where and when is exactly the brick chance? When I install it? Everytime when I launch haxchi?

Im not sure about some kind of savegame manager that would copy them to your SD card but you can try to look on GBAtemp.

You can put 2 HDD/USB at the same time on the wii U and can transfer from one to another directly via the memory management settings, this is pretty nice and fast.

But Haxchi doesn't even touch anything that could cause damage. The WORST that could happen is your DS game gets corrupted on the install and needs to be redownloaded.

I did use google and everything I find says that the Wii U will automatically detect it or you can manually force it but neither option works for me and I don't see a way to format it for the Wii U using my PC.

Perhaps you didn't read the end of the first sentence where I said the Wii U doesn't recognize it? To be more specific, the Wii U doesn't even see it despite it being hooked up while it was off with a Y cable.

1- You need to launch haxchi everytime you want to go in homebrew launcher or play a game that contains DLC and al the eShop or VC games. If you just want games that exists on disk without DLC, you can just launch it like that from the menu.

2- Signature patcher is the thing to launch games with DLC and eShop games.

With haxchi there are "freeze" risks but no brick risk, no one has ever brick with haxchi.

CBHC modify the boot files of the system so there is a risk if there is nothing at the target. I actually studied the source code of haxchi and cbhc so I understand what they do. Haxchi is safe. No one has ever brick because of it.

And to make it clear, the CBHC brick issue is totally user related and not the program glitching or something.

>tfw that one guy can't afford story of seasons because child support
>tfw we might have to wait til next week to get it
;_;

So the .tik, realistically, won't drop until Monday at least right? I'm too busy to sit down and hack my WiiU today so I'm doing it tomorrow.

Yep

Guys, I'm following the huehax guide but I've got a question. When look up the modified wud installer, it says the format needs to be like this:
install/game 1
install/game 2
install/game 2 update
install/game that is [2] awesome

However, when I download the game from utik, I get this:
Art Academy_ Home Studio (USA) (FakeSign)
Art Academy_ Home Studio (USA) Update v17

When I download it from Wii U USB, I get this:
Art Academy Home Studio [000500001017BF00]
Art Academy Home Studio [0005000E1017BF00] (v17)

Neither of them follow the guide but according to the huehax guide, utik has downloaded it in the correct format.

Do both formats work? Does neither work and they both need to be modified?

could drop any minute or not at all.

Just use the catalog

Is this the correct place to ask about Rom Hacking?

the name doesn't matter as long as its within folders:
Install > art academy
Install > art academy update
Install > fucking art shit academy cunt

Name the folders "I love sucking dick" because it doesn't make a difference. It's the files inside that are being installed.

alright thanks user. Will do it later!

Anything works unless there is accent like é à, especially for pokémon you have to remove it.
Also try to avoid weird characters like * ' ! :
These characters are ok _ - ( )

If you dont know, just rename it ie : "both"

>Talking about next week like it's not 2 days away
Come on now, I don't wanna wait either, but it's not that long at this point.

I don't understand. All three of these look exactly the same to me. Looks like you just don't have more than one game.

It happened to me. I had to buy a external HD with a dedicated power supply for it to get recognized. Tried the Y cable thing and didn't work.

You can buy a used 250GB drive. It will be more than enough.

help please.

Thank you

art academy is maximum comfy tbqh my lad

Try and it find out. What could go wrong? :^)

Pay it forward

How would people get their hands on early shipments on a saturday?

Thanks anons.

No, i bricked my wii once.

Yeah. That works.

Sig patcher also works.

People need to stop making this shit seem scary. If you fuck up the Wii U just whinges at you or you have junk data that can be deleted.

Rob a warehouse or hijack a delivery truck just sitting around somewhere.

Break into the offices of Edge Magazine.
Become a Hero.

Wii hacking with the cios was writting in the system files, especially at the begening when you had to replace them manually it was very risky.

Then they made that bootmii and priiloader which allow you to restore a nand backup and save your wii if its bricked.

On the wii U, we dont have acces to the system files so much so thats why there are no full real CFW and haxchi just writed data into a game, nothing on the system.

a small shop not giving a single fuck

an employee not giving a single fuck

burglary

I'll wait until sunday

Fuck. I was reading more articles and one mentioned that his was clicking because it didn't have enough power. Mine was clicking but I didn't understand why. How the fuck could a USB harddrive not be able to get enough power out of two USB ports?

I have to imagine Nintendo's cheapness is at work here. Mystery solved at least.

Thanks user.

Hey guys. I've hacked my wii u using the brazillian method, I have Haxchi and the Homebrew Launcher installed, plus I have hacked my vWii.

I want to change my sd card for a usb drive now, can I do that ? Or at least can I switch with another sd card ?

Thanks anyone answering :)

>]
Just use USB stick :) 128GB is pretty cheap

Yes you can swich whit other sd card just copy everthing

Oh ok thanks.

So the USB drive can only be used to install games on it before moving them to internal storage ?

Does Rednand do the samethings as mocha?

I have a stupid question about dlc and updates. After the game is installed, do you then install the update and dlc or dlc and then the update?

guys, no one is asking the important question. story of seasons?

So on my Wii U, I haven't done anything hack related in months. I just looked and I'm still using Loadiine and Homebrew Launcher 1.2, going through the browser to initialize the homebrew stuff. Is there a new, recommended version, or should I just let sleeping dogs lie since this is still working out fine for me?

you can install game right in the nand
also the stick (in my case i am using a kinstong data travel) happend to fail randomly while playing and could copy to nand my games installed

I had a kingston also that just died after some time (stuck in read only) so I would recommend Lexar and usb 3.0. They have very good speed. The electronics appears to be very good quality but the plastic built is terrible on these lexar. But again, you dont need to remove it from your wii u

No, it does the same thing as a rednand.

1)Yes
2)No
3)Fuck Jewchan on mobile and their fucking layabout redirection ads

Soon, my brother.

as always, refer to the OP.

It shouldn't matter, but go updates then DLC.

bi-monthy check in to see if any progress has been made to knock off vita memory cards (not pstv)

has there been any progress?

Is there a way to pirate on PS4 or XBone?

nope

ps4 is still very early, xbone has no progress since no one owns one (but me)

>nope
damn. thanks user

reminder to never have children

Just got this today, would anyone like me to dump it?

>that amiibo

Following this guide and after modifying my DNS as suggested, I'm not able to connect to the internet.

Is this step required? Or can I just turn off automatic downloads and updates?

is there anything beyond the three core games in their original form? i love the series but i beat sayonara already.

Children are cool. But you need to train them like an Asian parent.