/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/libretro/status/829426182894583813
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php?title=MAME_compatibility_list&diff=prev&oldid=10011
wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Fire_Emblem:_Path_of_Radiance#Texture_Filtering
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

God damn the original PSP font looks so much better than the shit that comes with PPSSPP
I believed that Freedom Unite had such a shitty font intentionally.
Any reason why it isn't packaged with PPSSPP by default?

>dolphin supports wiimotes and accessories
>want to use my wiimote and classic controller to play gamecube games
>look up how to do this
welp so much for that idea

what happened?

apparently need to install and configure a bunch of third party shit

Not really.
You just need a bluetooth adapter and an IR bar.

Why would I need IR to play gamecube games?

Copyright issue

The wiimote needs an IR bar to work.

Why was the thread gone for so long? I thought we were dead.

What makes you think this thread is alive?

Emugen was a mistake

It has 5 people posting.

all me

Hi SP

>you will never be this paranoid

>Development on this core has also been sabotaged by the fact that the only known working Model 2 emulator is closed source. Some MAMEdevs have the source, but refuse to share it or do anything with it, thereby ensuring that this driver doesn't work well.

Are you fucking kidding me?
The reason why I can't play Daytona USA on my linux machines is because some retards refuse to release the source of a windows only emulator?

>Some MAMEdevs have the source, but refuse to share it or do anything with it
What hot garbage is this?

>The reason why I can't play Daytona USA on my linux machines is because some retards refuse to release the source of a windows only emulator
Just emulate the Saturn version if you are that desperate

Saturn port is utter garbarge

Every single console port is hot garbage, Especially the dreamcast version since it has completely different physics

pleb question, but how is Citra nowadays? Would it run ok on an oldish rig?

>how is Citra nowadays
tash, as always

>Would it run ok on an oldish rig?

Absolutely not

why is emugen so dead

I thought with Cemu doing so well there would be more discussion

I had it running Link Between Worlds on a non overclocked phenom, it was like 40-60FPS, not that bad. That changes a lot, because the Pokemon games are a slowdown fest.

Citra is to 3DS emulation what JPCSP was to PSP emulation
A better, more optimized emulator is gonna pop up in half a decade.

why not just help citra get better since it's already working and it's opensource?

Don't kid yourself, most systems beyond Dreamcast don't have anything but a single playable emulator. NDS and PSP are an exception because they're both handhelds, relatively simple and in case of NDS there was a lot of autists willing to work on it like with all Nintendo systems.

So was JPSCP. Its not like PPSSPP popped up out of thing air. A lot of knowledge learned from JPSCP was applied in it.

>NDS and PSP are an exception because they're both handhelds
And what is a 3DS perchance?

JPSCP was coded in java according to the wiki, and it wasn't originally intended to be an emulator but a debugger, that's why something else came along. I don't see the same thing going with Citra.

I'd like to be proven wrong but I think 3DS is complex enough that starting a completely new emulator would be a waste of time for a potential developer, especially considering writing emulators is not the hottest thing you can do to land yourself a job

I don't know what it was about let's say N64 that made people write so many emulators of it, but I think coders nowadays would rather work on something that would make them employable, that's why you see such a decrease in new emulation projects and increase in paid shit like Cemu

>and it wasn't originally intended to be an emulator but a debugger
You need to accurately emulate a system's instructions to be a functional debugger for it.
There is a very good reason why most emulators have built in debugging features.

twitter.com/libretro/status/829426182894583813
STILL waiting.

damn their lies.

>starting a completely new emulator would be a waste of time for a potential developer
I beg to differ. Citra's code is low quality. Sticking to that code-base could actually hinder progress, at least for some developers. I know I've wasted time in the past by using someone else's low quality code instead of writing my own. If the code is of quality, then I would generally agree that it's a waste of time.

just use standalone

So is CEMU actually playable now? I wanna play Xenoblades Cronicles 2.

is it possible?

supercomputers only

1080GTX, 16GB RAM and i7 6700K here, no problem then.

I hope you catch on fire.

>Not Xeon

Poor fag.

Is that true? MoochMcGee is the one who edited that line in

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php?title=MAME_compatibility_list&diff=prev&oldid=10011

Must not be true then.

sabotage is unforgivable. I don't think this is the case, unlike zeromus' efforts with desmume.
zeromus should be castrated for that.

>sabotaged

He should make his own cores instead of riding on somebody else work.

Who is "he"? The MAME team?

zeromus did nothing wrong. Get over it, staplefaggot.

It is true. They're not doing it because ElSemi requested it not be used.

calling him out every chance i get. fuckhead should have his bag ripped clean off.

Why are you so upset that he didn't want to risk fucking up Nintendo's servers with your buggy code?

i'm upset that he would rather sabotage code than work to make it functional. it's unforgivable.

>The first one? Why wouldn't it?
Because 86Box a shit.
Actually, because the higher end cards in PC emulators freak the fuck out unless you're running in DOS. Tried it and nothing happened after installing the driver. Either I tried too new of a driver or it still doesn't work.

In PCSX2, is it more advisable to use D3D11 over D3D9?

If your GPU supports it, yes.

Am I missing something or is no-intro missing a TON of 3ds stuff like DLC?

What the hell is this blur? I can barely fucking see.

I have it on PS2 and it looks the same. That's how the game was originally presented.

It's fucking ghastly. I swear it wasn't like that the last time I played the game.

Alright so I just updated the mupen64plus core on retroarch and now nothing works. Black screen for every game. Is there some kind of setup that I need to do? Something maybe in the system folder?

Same problem here.

Turn off Cg shaders.

I don't have any shaders applied though

>get 1070 coming from a 290
>get PPSSPP VR
>set up DK2
>play Initial D and Wipeout Pulse with VR support

so fucking great.

big fucking whoop.

fuck off faggot
why cant you have fun

The Daytona USA re-release that was on PS3/Xbox 360 was in reality using a modified version of the Nebula Model 2 emulator. That deal with Sega is probably why you have never seen the source, and also why the 'source' he did share with MAME is not to be redistributed.

Add on top of that MAME being incompetent and not able to do anything with his sources and Model 2 emulation is not going to get anywhere fast. Plus, MAME sucks at making anything performant anyway, so if even assuming there were smart devs who were capable of backporting it to MAME, it'd be software only and dogslow.

Hmmm, do they do actual DLC for other systems? Their "DLC" set for the 3DS is just eShop games, and not actual DLC.

My controller stopped working for some reason in Retroarch. Retroarch detects it but for some reason, no inputs are picked up. Works in everything else.
I'm using a DS4 with SCP

your input driver

Trying to play Shovel Knight in Citra on my unmodified MacBook Pro. I'm on the latest OS and build, and this is happening.
For the record, I have:
*Disabled and reenabled CPU JIT, V-Sync, and shader JIT
*Changed the resolution
*Recieved the following error message:
>HW.GPU video_core/shader/shader_jit_x64_compiler.cpp:Compile_NextInstr:811: Unhandled instruction: 0x2b (0xac000000)

>Shovel Knight in Citra
But why?

Also, it's probably because of geometry shaders.

you clearly don't have enough pixels.
You just need to handle the 0x2b instruction.

I bought the 3DS version initially for portability and don't feel like buying the same game twice.
Is there any fork out there that adds in shaders?

Just started PoR on Dolphin 5.0 but I've been getting these weird tears on the portrait mouths that move during cut scenes and some chapter titles. Pic related. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I can post my graphic settings if needed.

Piracy is an option.
>Is there any fork out there that adds in shaders?
Some old unofficial builds have it. Try the 'chinese' builds, there's a link on the Citra article in the wiki.

wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Fire_Emblem:_Path_of_Radiance#Texture_Filtering

I've had FTF off and Anisotropic Filtering at the lowest setting of x1(since it can't get any lower). Is there a way to turn it off completely?

Whats the best way to stop audio crackling on PS1 games in Retroarch? Using the Mednefan PSX core.
Google suggested raising audio latency but doesnt seem to be working too well.

Getting something other than a toaster to run it on.

just play the fucking PC version

>using macOS
>expecting any modern emulator to function semi-normally
Also, why the fuck aren't you playing the PC version?

You probably set your graphics drivers to some stupid settings. If that's not the issue then your graphics drivers may be shit, ie amd/intel/linux.

There's a Shovel Knight version for Mac anyway.

>sabotaged
>when the code isn't yours

top kek. these ppl are hilarious.

This is not strictly about emu, but I need help with controllers
I'm using ScpToolkit Driver. When I install the PS3 controller, it works, but it also installs the keyboard as "a controller", and the controller works fine, but the keyboard stops working as it's installed as a controller for some reason. Uninstalling always uninstalls all of the ports too, keyboard starts working but the controller stops again
help

Can't you just use Steam to make the PlayStation controllers work nowadays?

You can? If so do tell me, never heard of that

onvm, guess they only added support for the DS3.

>DS3.
*DS4

CRT shaders suck compared to the real thing man.

1.If your using a DS3 controller, dont install the DS4 drivers as well.
2.If you have the 360 drivers, dont keep reinstalling them
3.Uncheck your keyboard, thats the problem

>CRT shaders suck
Just like the real thing

Emulators suck compared to the real thing man.

I disagree

>wanting to play Silent Hill WITHOUT disturbing lovecraftian texture perspective
Dude that's like half the horror what are you doing?

I see important developments are happening with 86Box.

I'm playing wipeout 3 in retroarch mednafen and every so often the background music will just totally flip out and give me a constant buzzing noise. It goes away if I change the music track manually. I got this out of the terminal but not sure if it's related.