/rwg/ Rimworld General

Previous Thread: Fixed pastebin edition

>What is Rimworld?
An early access single player survival simulation game like Dwarf Fortress /dfg/
>How is it different from Dorfort?
Sci-fi setting with good graphics and lewd
>New patch notes
ludeon.com/blog/
>Mods
steamcommunity.com/app/294100/workshop/
nexusmods.com/rimworld
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0

(I'm new, what mods should I get?)
pastebin.com/GFj7rxKK (embed)

(/rwg/ mods)
pastebin.com/6rzMQNjG (embed)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=850347623
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for cute tribal slavegirls

ded gaem

what are best modpacks?
mars is awesome
fafnir is ok
what else?

Tiberium mod is p cool

Which biome is the hardest to play at, barring ice sheet?

Sea ice is harder. After those two it's tundra and extreme desert.

Is it better to give characters with careful shooter slower weapons for super high accuracy, or faster weapons to compensate?

Hey RJW user I need compatibility with the children mod so I can have my nymphs produce bastards to increase the population

In my experience I'd say give them a fast weapon, it's a good middleground. Aim time on snipers is already high so it will be an exponential increase.

Is Rimworld worth the dosh?

just give everyone more shooty guns
become orkboyz. more bullets is betters

Definately, you can pirate it and try it out, but mods are generally a pain without Workshop. Also it supports a cool gaem.

Not a fan of piracy, buying it is.

Fingers crossed it's fun (for me).

tf tf tf
tf tf tf
tf tf tf
tf tf tf
tf tf tf
tf tf tf

Why do you keep spamming this?

thiv?

Fucking cats man

No, turtles.

How long do ye reckon till the next Alpha update.

Fucking cats and dogs drinking my beer, how do you stop this?
Even if I mark a zone they're not allowed in, and place my beer there, they still find a way to drink it.

Is there any way to actually move something from a stockpile without delating the stockpile or removing the item from its list?

Say I have an animal area where I store hay, then build a house for my chickens, and want to move some hay there. How can I get them to move parts of the hay?

Create a new stockpile that only allows hay and set it at a higher priority or disallow hay from the main stockpile.

thanks bruh, saved my chickens

So is it just me or has the game changed?

Power is hard to get now, especially if you want to have a kill-box.

Speaking of kill-boxes: bitches are attacking my wires and thermo-gens outside, killing my power, and making my turrets turn off. what the fuck.

also what is a fun place to embark? i'm tired of the super cold places.

the crescent-shaped mountainous zones on the world map, year-round growing period, randy random hardest, 5 or more starting colonists
in a year's time, the canyon walls will be covered in blood

Will do. What is a good way to get an economy going? I want to buy charge rifles and power armor, but I'm not sure what the best way to farm money and sell things is.

that particular was made with a very strong early economy in mind, namely with 5 or more colonists and year-round growth for a constant supply of money from farming. starting on that particular mountainous generation means that, in time, combined with the above reliance on farming, you'll be fighting tooth and nail to expand from your little nook to get as much ground as possible to farm on, meaning defending your land will be your weakness for the longest time.
with hardest randy random, a strong economy supported by easy early defense from the terrain and an additional few hands to get things started means you'll be facing tough foes pretty early on, and it will only get harder.

to directly answer your question, cloth and berries are great ways to get lots of money in a year-round growing climate. one pawn should be able to carry somewhere over 1k silver of cloth at a time should you be able to travel to other towns.

anyone know how to reduce late game framerate? I have to send hunters out to kill any animals I see

I want a really comfy game. What's the best biome and hill density for it?

You don't. Supposedly it's because the game is tracking every pawn you ever met that's still alive or has a corpse on your map. Also all the fucking tales you generate due to every little thing that happens. You can edit your save and hope you don't break anything by deleting the wrong pawn, but good luck with that.

>naked single tribal pawn desert start
>day six
>need wood
>decon pregenerated wood building
>6000 jade inside
>half the map away and forbidden
>automatically added to colony wealth anyway
Sure, whatever.

Tundra is ez-pz compared to the others though, it's only moderately harder than Arid Shrubland, and only because it doesn't have year-round growing.

>carefully make my character for a lone colonist start
>make them to my liking, create a backstory for them, am ready for fun times
>meticulously create my starting setup with items and stuff
>get in game
>check my character's work capabilities
>cleaning: disabled

This shouldn't matter at all. If you start with a lone colonist, every storyteller but Randy will throw three or four recruits at you immediately. It's why I stopped doing Rich Explorer starts.

>but randy

user

how does everyone else deal with this? just keep starting new maps? It makes resettling pointless

First time playing. Doing somewhat okay. But I ran out of steel extremely fast and merchants don't seem to have any. I can't really progress without it, so I'm just waiting right now. Will merchants with steel eventually come or did I get screwed with primitive non steel factions?

Just research the trading beacon and sell everything you don't need and buy steel

You can't mine any? You sure? You dug around and looked for more?

Note that caves can spawn hives.

My main researcher died so I'm a little screwed but I'll do it.

I mined all that was visible and a little bit of the rest to see if I could find more but I didn't. Can it spawn among limestone or other materials?

Should I just restart my game? I feel totally uninspired to build this shit any further (and the food ran out so now I have to start eating people).

I should've started smaller I think, but fuck, barracks had to be this size unless I put 2 people per room, and then the rest followed from it. I really fucked up the layout.

Do you think I can salvage it?

You went with flat lands, didn't you?

Well, the tutorial told me to... Are there less minerals in flat lands?

Way, way less. even small hills have lots of iron.

Great tutorial guys :^).
Anyway, I think I'll slowly manage to get out of this situation if I don't get killed by a raid.

Ditch the tutorial map as soon as it's finished. Mountains or coastal large hills/mountains are ideal for a beginner given the natural defenses they provide.
Flat maps are horrible for any game going on for longer than a year.

Too stubborn for that now, user. I can't leave my crew to die.

A16, I hope? If so, try to migrate to a better place during late spring/summer. Hopefully there will be a better place nearby. Tame some muffalos and bring components and other important things with you unless you want to start from almost zero.
Or go ahead and stay on that map, but with the lack of steel sooner or later they'll overrun you in the flatlands.

Any recommended way to get camels or muffalo? I want to start trading, but my biome (arid shrubland) isn't spawning any.

Nowhere near muffalo territory - will desert spawn camels often (ie, settle, tame, leave, no waiting around). Tried visiting two factions so far, neither had any for sale in their home base.

>binging on wake up
good luck :---D

that work area is sweatshop tier

It's efficient though. Can spit out drugs with such a speed.

Do you tired of tribesman raid leftovers escaping with their precious organs into the nearest map exit point?

Say no more, with this set-up you can harvest 100% of the raids and be wealthy and healthy with all their precious organs in your stockpile.

anyonw know how to stop a colonist that has a facination of chemicals to actually find them?

I have an incredile growing and selling opportunity, but my level 16 doctor will start binging to death the moment I refine the stuff.

Will he actually find them if he never 'sees' them? Does he know automatically where they are or does he need to discover their location? I could wall them off and trade with a beacon...

send him to the mining colony, or make drug colony outpost with no chemical trait people.

and why won't they just escape to the left

shit graph 0/10 do not post again

>and why won't they just escape to the left

Their path-finding tells them to go to the nearest exit point which is "down", path-finding does not care about dangers such as sentry guns or swarms of hungry animals.

if the raid spawns on the bottom they only meet half your killbox at first contact which risks more of your turrets

>decide to get a more raid mod
>thought it would be a raid every other day
>no its a raid a day after day 2
>built up standard defense
>shit is going fine, not doing elaborate builds or nothing
>after a while its really hard to keep up between moving corpses and putting their belongings under a roof to sell later and continuing to build up
>winter is almost here and dont have a sustained power source to keep my greenhouse up
>people constantly get a few injuries so almost always operating at 50% effeciency due to someone being laid up in bed

God damn this is tougher than i was expecting, sure is fun compared to sitting around waiting for shit.

is there a way to only allow certain construction skill on specific furniture blueprints.

or is there any way to throw down blueprints conveniently without having to micromanage my pawns so that only my best skilled constructor works the blueprints and the less skilled ones do not work on it.

im tired of having to order around my most skilled constructor every time i want to make a single fuckin stool or animal bed. but i also do not want to take other people off constructing completely cause theres still walls and moving furniture and other pointless shit to do where their skill level is irrelevant.

qualitybuilder is the mod you want iirc
or something like that anyway

is there something like that for medicine also?

where only the best medicine colonist does all treatments and surgery, and the lesser skilled ones do all the feeding/chatting and wont ever try to do treatments.

second on this I don't think zones would work because when they are binging they ignore them. Maybe forbidden doors? any ideas would be appreciated

>only meet half your killbox

But user you got it wrong, it is not half of the killbox, it is the second one.

If raid spawns at the bottom some of the raid has chance to escape, true.
But such build covers 3 out of 4 directions and for 4/4 you need to micromanage turret placement and build/deconstruct walls during the raid and i am too lazy for that, i had tired of this starcraft-like micromanagement bullshit.

Keep them as happy as possible. Keep wall-building materials at hand wherever you store your drugs. If they decide to binge, wall up the entries. If the chemical fascination colonist has a job they usually do, try make it take place as far as possible from the stockpile. I've got mine out on the fringes, deep-drill mining. Gives time to get the walls up.

t. haver of chemical fascination colonist, in a heavy drug production colony ()

raids usually dont spawn on map borders you've built close to

if you build your base in a corner usually the enemies will spawn on the other 3 corners of the map

So I've beat Cassandra "some challenge"

What is the next difficulty? Rough?

rough is too easy

also
>beating the game

I would never want to leave my planet

For some reason I can only enjoy sandbox games if there's an end goal, even if I take a long time to reach it.

How does the traveling victory condition work?

>Have pretty big base. Powered by massive electrical system.
>Upgrade powergrid one day to accommodate perimeter defenses. Add Circuit Breakers to handle extra power load.
>Fail to notice I didn't connect my new circuit breakers to the powergrid.
>Days go by without incident.
>One day when all 18 batteries are charged, a faulty line leading from the base to perimeter turrets explodes.
>It's like a god damn napalm strike hit the outside of my base.
>Shits on fire yo

Double check your powergrid folks.

y/n

y

you don't need that many chickens, chickens reproduce very quickly anyways

You get to the tile with the ship and click "launch ship"

I was really hoping for an actual pre-designed ship with either a ton of pods or a small amount and making pawns fight for a seat but no..

Goddamn, infestations can be painful when in cramped environments.

I've never been more glad to have put down an incendiary trap before though.

Anyone know how to boost leaders rank in the Colony Leadership mod? Sometimes they start at Level 2 but then drop to Level 1 and stay there.

Is there a way to identify kickstarter characters aside from bullshit stats or backgrounds? I want to purge my colony of cancer.

I just caught a pirate with fantastic stats, but when I checked her backstory it was "energetic pop star" in which she was a galaxy-famous pop idol who tired of all the fame and fortune and so became a "pop star pirate" by taking her most loyal fans to travel the stars as a pirate band. Recruitment difficulty in the low 70s.

So I threw her in a hole to be raped to death. Thanks, RJW!

Other pawns opinion of them, supposedly.

>mods are generally a pain without Workshop

>8 Colonists hospitalized with malaria
>No big deal, lots of decent doctors and plenty of medicine
>Sit through having half the colony on bedrest
>Finally have some people finish recovering
>5 more people get malaria as soon as the others are done recovering
>Fffffffffffffff
>It's fine, still plenty of meds, hospital beds are freed up.
>Sit through this again
>8 people get sleeping sickness

FUCK

OFF

GAME

not sure but something in hcsk allows you to use an expanded work manager where you can set the priority of more specific types of tasks

only reason I didn't use it is because I'm playing on a laptop and my screen isn't big enough for it

>tropical rainforest
>ever
Also if you have good enough doctors you can have ill people work while they're recuperating.

Not sure if I'm just a shitter or not but if you give them the Penoxycyline and they have immunity under 60%, it will boost them straight up.

Yeah I do this where I can. Although some of them just got it and have over 60% immunity already.

This has turned into Hospital Simulator 2017

Check their names. Most of them have nicknames. If they have one, check backstory and you'll probably figure out if they are or not. Also you'll memorize them all pretty soon.

Why are they in separate rooms?

Does putting a stool in front of work benches actually have any benefit?

I FOUND ONE

It was hiding in among my own colonists, as if it were a real person. It even got itself married to Niklas, my prized constructor. Guess I know who he'll sacrifice to gain Nyarlanthotep's favor now.

Oddly, they've never had sex with each other afaik. They spawned as fiancees.

comfort bonus