Nioh General - /ng/

Look at my chart edition

Latest Patch Notes
>fextralife.com/nioh-1-04-patch-notes/

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beta guide that could still be useful : pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

list of smithing texts:
pastebin.com/iDcwJWuy

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/9bYH0Nf8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anyone have inheritable change to attack Dex A?

>Ginchiyo
>Pure

Not if this guy has anything to say about it

Cant wait to get some numbers on set bonuses that give damage.
Im wondering if full obsidian or tatenachi will give more damage

Wonder what the japs thought of their own artwork back then.

>mfw Axe playthrough

I'm not enjoying it very much. I'm spoiled after playing Spear/Sword which is insanely varied and versatile. It's strong though. No doubt there. Killed Hino and Tachibana without a sweat.

I do.
>Way of the Strong
>2nd Region
>The Conspirators
Im at the start, look for me

They probably thought it looked like this

>tfw still trying for a living weapon build Yasakani Magatama

Not sure if this is a subtle joke at their eyes.

Reposting the updated devenant helmets list.
If you know something I don't, don't let anything stop you from sharing.

Post your willies

wew thanks senpai

Did you get it?
If you cant find me, try restarting the mission until you see me. Ill be there for a while, no sweat.

when these say non-refashionable, does that mean they can't be refashioned or that things can't be refashioned into them?

>Water Shadow does nearly twice as much damage as Haze
>but Haze either downs the enemy or puts them in a drained Ki state leading to far more damage
So what's the point?

> things can't be refashioned into them
this.

Pretty sure haze has less frames, so it requires better timing.

looking right now

Do I have to do NG+ to get the all hot spring trophy?

Well that's implying I did the first two tutorials
I did do them just to get the checkmarks by them, but I sped through the tutorial since I played the alpha/beta/demo a lot.

So, kelley's a homonculus?

Yes

Good work, user. And Female Demon is non-refashionable.

>It's strong though.
Is it really? Even after respec'ing and reforging the shit out of my axe for it to even be playable for the 500 prof. for the dojo mission, it still only did like 50 damage more than my kajagoogoo.

>There are people in this general who prefer a starky helmet over 7 set bonus with one of your own choice of weapons

Is it worth exploring missions at all in ng+ or do they all still give the same crap loot?

4 restart now don't see your Revenant senpai

Pretty much the same loot.

Im at the edge of the water
Im still here, dont worry

For the 'complete every mission' achievement, does that include the dojo missions and shit, or do I just have to fill in each region's progress bar to max?

should I be stacking luck or item drop rate for smithing texts?

are there actually any full sets that are worth wearing for general use other than meme demon and afro samurai?

Luck

>forging RNG is shit
>weapon drops are almost always ass as well

I wish revenant farming wasn't the only way to get weapon upgrades.

The 'complete every mission' doesn't need you to do any Way of Strong content

Any good tips for "A meeting on the other shore"?

iirc you just have to finish way of the samurai and all twilight missions

Fanatic

Burst down Yuki after shooting Oda in the head, otherwise take chunks off Oda while dodging Yuki's icicles.

Genius Strategist and Fanatic

No.

>eye lasers going through the boss
Good shit.

yes

It's got incredible ki-break user. Top tier I'd imagine.

can't beat moth boy in sekigahara

That is pretty slick user.

are you trying to tell me that the theatre masks such as Old Sage, Woman's Face and Tengu aren't unique?

>defense down talisman
>use fire talisman or fire type guardian spirit
>win

Post password, I'll help

flash attacking between two swords works pretty well. have familiarity A+ on my bow before anyone says anything.

Posting my golden willy.

thanks for replying, that just means I'm missing a few though I have an idea it might actually just be 1... that dumb centipede cave... I didn't shit in that hot spring when I saw it but I've shit in every other one

cant find you senpai if I restart two times graves don't spawn and I have to restart the whole game.

Thank god this game have items that let me kill everything with two hits otherwise I would've died from boredom.
Maybe next time they give the enemies more than 3 moves.

Don't know about Old Sage, but Woman's Face and Tengu are mission rewards, while the list is for devenant drops.

TOP O' THA MARNIN' TO YE GUVNA... I mean, tono

I like it. What are those clothes?

Does the "gold earned" effect increase the gold you get as a reward from missions? Or does it just increase gold that enemies drop?
Also what does the gold nioh armor effect "money earned from enemies" do? It says "as much as doubles money earned from enemies". I take this to mean it's a chance to double.

What level should I try to get to with the amrita glitch before patching? Took like 24 hours to get to 185 so I'm not sure it's worth it, would have been like 215 but I maxed out every guardian spirit.

I think I found you with spear right?

>using two of the same weapon and switching between them
well shit I never even THOUGHT of that

I haven't tested it, but since there's a clan with the bonus "Mission rewards +" I doubt that money earned changes the mission rewards. And now that I think about it I remember specifically getting exactly as much as a mission reward says even with +gold earned.

And yes, that wording means it's just a chance to double what is picked up, akin to that #1 clan's bonus.

What mission am I missing from the omi region in way of the samurai? All of the missions have a check mark next to them

familiarity on a bow doesn't change your sword attack, only agility

Grind up 2kat and do the mystic art mission for it to unlock a side mission afterwards.

Did you do the lmao2kat dojo mission?

r8, h8 my shit taste. First two were random things I made, before settling on the right

lets you switch as needed for enemy type and elemental preference, human damage works for revenants.

No
The only thing I have on is Kusarigama

well two elemental swords would also be a perfect way to lay Discord on something

pretty sure it does, tried it myself when i first rolled it. hitting the same enemy with and without the bow. but i guess there could have been things i didnt account for effecting the damage. ill test it again.

>you don't have to run through all that extra shit if you just use a red emote on the wall mimic. the stairs up to the last chest will be right behind once you drop down.

Updated the webm to show this, it's a good path. If you're not confident about fighting walls though I wouldn't take this one.
It randomly changes what colour gesture you have to use, it's not always red. More often then not I have to fight him but I'm on a pretty good build and only takes me about 3-4 seconds to kill him, which is still faster then the run around.

>can near perfectly cosplay Afro
>can play as a giga nigga
>but not both at once
Travesty, I say.

>mfw heavy armor set stamina reqs
I'm okay with 70% but even that is EXPENSIVE. I guess the cost won't escalate over time though. Heavy is heavy. Endgame isn't much heavier than early game.

The one on the right is okie doke.

Damn it. So is mizucchi even worth it? I've upgraded it to 30 for gold earned. Not sure how much you even get from enemies.

>Get an axe
>Less armor gives more attack with A scaling
>Co-op as a naked beyblade
Neat

Forgot pic

shit youre right, just tried it again. i must have been getting counter hits or something before. thanks for freeing up a slot

Please do report back, I had only heard of it and hadn't tested it myself. I kind of hope it works, so I can reroll my familiarity onto my rifle.

well if you put Warrior of the West bow or Ravenwing Rifle on and have a Yasakani Magatama, you get a bit of damage reduction at least

No need to be so hard on yourself, user. You're an okay fella.
What's the chest piece on the right?

That guardian spirit does not act like the clan bonus or the armor. It's a flat increase.

Thank you for confirming either way, I appreciate it.

>tfw full kingo's, 4 piece wotw, and 2 piece saika's

Getting 2 piece bonus from a single piece on is way too good, and having a rifle / bow be a part of the set really amplifies that.

yeah, im 5 pieces of wotw for the damage to electrified and two pieces of yagyu for parry windows with the yasakani. head is warrior monks to reach 200 toughness.

Master Swordsman, from the 2kat trainer. I'm wearing the full set for now, just refashioned to look different

Is that veteran leg piece divine? If so would you be willing to drop it?

Still here
If you havent found me yet, try restarting your ps4
Anything to refresh the revenants

>divine
I haven't even beaten NG yet

oh really? Guess I am just lucky then it;s usually red. You can tell what gesture is bad by looking at revenants near the wall. Will say shit like "_____ was killed by the wall because of their neutral behavior" so you have a hint as to which one NOT to use so you don't waste your two chances.

Well then might as well throw on a ravenwing rifle or keep the WotW bow and you can switch out another piece for another set.

dunno maybe change the mission?

What level should I get to with the glitch before I patch? 50 in all stats?

neat thanks

>Anons willingly kill themselves for each other in this general
>Will stand by their graves and ask other anons if they were found yet
>Always looking to help
>Shitposting happens but not that often
>Discussing what we learn about the game often
This is a good general.
If you're speed running it over and over like me, that rev grave isn't spawning quick enough. (5 minute refresh timer or some shit like that) >Revenant/Grave info
>pastebin.com/9bYH0Nf8

cant have that shit cluttering up my style though