/drg/ Danganronpa General

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!
Previous thread Cute Hoshi edition

>/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>DRV3 news pastebin - *Updated 02/21/2017*
pastebin.com/n83HpxJC

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj - Spoiler free guide to enjoy Danganronpa
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT - Indepth gameplay mechanics and infomation

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410

>Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls is coming to Steam and PS4:
youtube.com/watch?v=VzbIuPpPM8E
store.steampowered.com/app/555950/

>Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita on September 26 (N. America), September 29 (Europe)
youtube.com/watch?v=UdGlN0aEG2k

>DR 1-2 Reload coming to PS4
youtube.com/watch?v=6DGuCuHurUk

> DR3 Anime episodes and more
pastebin.com/bvNw28sS

>Kazutaka Kodaka Interviews and more
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>DR Manga Scanlations:
shslscans.tumblr.com/current
>DR Manga Collection (Eng): *You need an account to use Batoto*
bato.to/search?artist_name=Spike Chunsoft

>Download pastebin *contains downloads, art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8W

Other urls found in this thread:

jinjojess.tumblr.com/post/157700085293/ndrv3-kodaka-kazutaka-and-kanda-sayaka
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I want Makoto and Kirigiri to hold hands, cuddle together, and whisper to eachother words of endearment!

Delet this

WORST EDITION

Posting Moon and Spaceman.

>Kaito with a button-up shirt and his jacket on
Now give him a shave and a haircut.

the only good waifu

What characters inspire the most discussion?
Ouma, Kiibo, Amami, Tsumugi? Though not really Tsumugi. She's interesting but people still don't really like her.

Please God, let me meet him. All I want to is to find that perfect boy I know exists. He’s sweet and shy and my age and likes all the things I do, perhaps even is on this site itself. The boy who won’t secretly think I’m a loser, the boy I can cuddle with (even if only possible online) and spent nights talking to and laughing and sharing happiness. Someone who can reciprocate the love I put in, the boy who I can make feel safe and secure unconditionally and can fill this gaping, empty void in my heart. Please, just let me find this person. I’ll change everything about me if that’s what it takes. Please, I just can’t take the loneliness anymore.

Depends on the topic going on about them. I have seen some very good conversations about the first three.

>Kodaka: Kanda-san, who do you think will survive the game?
>Kanda: The characters I chose at Namjatown were Saihara-kun, Maki-chan, Amami-kun, and Tenko-chan.
>Kodaka: But…you knew about Amami.
>Kanda: Yeah…
>Kodaka: You just really wanted to put him in?
>Kanda: No, it was a tough choice, the girls included.
>Kodaka: But it really is a waste that we didn’t get to use Midorikawa-san in the trial.
>Kanda: It’s true. It’s really true!
>Kodaka: So, there might be a chance he could show up…

jinjojess.tumblr.com/post/157700085293/ndrv3-kodaka-kazutaka-and-kanda-sayaka

What is even happening in this picture?

>Let's change the V3 characters' personalities!

>tsundere Ouma
>Ouma: It's not like my head's filled with thoughts of lying to Saihara-chan or anything!
>Saihara: That's a lie, isn't it?
>Ouma: It's the truth!!

>naive Kiibo
>Kiibo: Look, everyone! Iruma-san remodeled my hand to shoot fireworks!
>Saihara: We get it, so for now, please stop!

>black-hearted Kaede
>Kaede: When asking people, what should you do first?
>Kaede: You should hide your forehead on the ground like some shadow character!
>Saihara: Yeessssss!! *bloody thud*
>Momota: Shuuichiiiii!!!

>weakling Maki
>Maki: D-D-D-Do you want to... be killed...?
>Momota: What's wrong, Harumaki?! Why are you crying?! A hug? Do you want a hug?
>Saihara: Momota-kun!

>straight-laced Momota
>Momota: Please confirm by signing here.
>assistant contract
>Saihara: Eh, ah, sure...who?

>lewd Saihara
>Saihara: (muffled) Everyone's underwear is so tasty...
>Miu: Higuu...My underwear is...?
>Momota: Oh! It's a rare case of mating season not seen in recent years!
>If you don't run away with all your might, you'll be eaten!

>crybaby Amami
>Amami: I'm just a kid, but... *sob*
>Amami: I want to help everyone...*sob*
>There, there...

>hot-blooded Miu
>Miu: Let's do it!! Hurry up and strip, you damn virgin bastard!
>Miu: If you decide to do it, I'll use my full power!
>Saihara: How did your personality become more extreme?! Eh, wa-wait a min-!

Who knows.

Translator user, you there?

The first three get the most. Ouma for his COMPLEX MOTIVES and exactly how much he knew about the game as well as what he was doing behind the scenes, Amami for his role in V2 and how that ties into the state of the outside world and how these games are put on, Kiibo for where exactly he came from and what was his purpose.

Tsumugi should get more discussion. She's interesting and the degree of how much free will she had as mastermind and how much of the game was actually her doing is something I don't see discussed a lot.

Hot-Blooded Miu would just have ploughed through the male side of the roster and no one could've stopped her.

>Kodaka: So, there might be a chance he could show up…

What did he mean by this...?

Kiibo and Miu are essentially the same.

V2

I like shitty artist Ouma.

I want to know more about his team up with Miu and seeing him use all these gadgets in action. Considering how long they were actually working together she was surprisingly tight-lipped about what she was doing for him.

All of them but mostly the first three.

So is spoiler talk socially acceptable among the nips now?

The thing is we're not sure exactly how much control she DOES have. If she's not the mastermind and just the 'ringleader', what ultimately is she responsible for? Is she just a figurehead for TDR or does she have her own agenda? What was her role (if any) in V2?

There's a lot of questions and very few answers.

Miu doesn't have that 'weak' part of her personality any more, so she's pretty much unteaseable. If she wants you, she'll take you.

Up to chapter 1, yes.

Same. Him being a shitty artist is really endearing.
Also, uh, user, you know TDR designed his outfit right? As a normie he's literally just wearing a gakuran.
>dresses in such a complicated way so you can't make out his talent
I don't really get your theory, but Ouma theories are always weird to me.

Ah, I see.

Here's the other part. Is it the original characters commenting on the changes?

>Miu turns into Akane
These personality changes are pretty lame.

V2 prequel game confirmed? since they're talking about using Midorikawa

Looks that way.

>pink is the color of lies

Damn user. I'm surprised you could read that pixelly shit. Thanks!

If Ouma found the answers to the puzzle that locked up Amami's room, then somehow he had access to it.

I doubt he'd write something as random as "the I is horse" and "think of twins" unless he actually found the puzzle they corresponded to. He's not that lucky and wouldn't be able to guess the solution of a puzzle he'd never seen or even knew existed.

They'd better. Midorikawa is a treasure.

It was pretty difficult.
Not confident on Momota's translation.

But if it's locked on the fifth floor and guarded by Existals then there's no way he could have gotten there at that time. So it's likely just he got lucky.

Nah, they're totally talking about Amami's twin brother, who will show up in V4.
He will also be the first victim.

I'm...just gonna leave this here.

Considering Tsumugi takes a lot of credit for things she didn't do and straight up lies about others, I don't think she's responsible for as much of the game as she says she is. Killing Amami, creating the remembering lights and monitoring the video feeds, sure, but I don't think she was the one to build the school or write out everyone's personalities/talents.

Were it not for Amami complicating things, I would think TDR doesn't even exist at all and that too is HICKSHON. Regardless I don't think this TDR is the one that put on the previous killing games because of some inconsistencies with Amami's actions and reactions.

>implying Rentaro won't be mastermind

Meido gets some nice art.

It can't be on Vita since it's a dead platform.

Then how did he guess the answers to a puzzle he had never seen before for a room he didn't know existed or had any importance?

That is some Komaeda level luck if that's how he went about it.

There is a period of time when all the monokumarz are dead and the exisials are uncontrolled. Maybe he broke in then, but that still doesn't explain how the first clue appeared as early as chapter 2.

I really wonder if she's actually part of TDR at all. Does she ever say she is?

>tfw Amami is actually alive somehow

I will never find it not darkly hilarious that a prisoner who went to prison for killing mafia members was killed by getting handcuffed and thrown into water to sleep with the fishes.

Pottery. It's almost ironic enough to be his execution.

Amami is technically alive since all the characters are Amami

I want to buy the OST. How do I do it? I've never bought shit from Japan before.

Clues that got scattered around the school and he just made a lucky guess on the answer. There's no possible way he could have gone in so it's just some plothole.

>2/9

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time

>he used his SHSL LUCC skill to survive Kaede's blow, used SHSL SUVIVOR skill to survive death and SHSL ADVENTURER to be transported to the Mushroom Kingdom to be repaired by the Mario Bros and is currently there as we speak

This is the new canon.

What could this cover mean? Is this ship fuel?

Of course.

>1/53

>this game was the last one as Saihara and co convinced everyone to reject dangan ronpa and stop the games
>he continues this crusade by teaming up with Maki and Himiko to directly fight TDR to prevent any other games from happening
>however, there are still pockets of superfans who don't want dangan ronpa to end
>they are obsessive fans of the characters from the last game and want them to be alive
>there exists technology in this world to overwrite memories and alter yourself into another person, as well as presumably cosmetic surgery
>there also exists complete personality and memory data for all the characters that went into the VR simulation in chapter 4
>combining the two, if the data is saved (which is possible considering two Junko AIs survived the apocalypse) then anyone could mindhacc themselves into becoming perfect replicas of the V3 characters from chapter 4, complete with memories of the game as if they actually lived through it

and that is how kodaka is going to bring back V3 characters for UDG2

You know it!

It was a good death.

>Kirumi and Angie
>Ship fuel

Yeah, which is why this came as such a shock since that and how he was vacuuming up the small cameras to avoid detection defies logic even more than all the other things he did.

Now that you mentioned this, I find it weird that some of the cast knows of Hoshi but when Miu talks about herself Kaede says she's never heard of her.

And that gakuran is so plain it's like he doesn't want to stand out or alternatively he was just as poverty-stricken as a normie.

Okay, but let's look at it this way. The only part of Ouma's design that's remotely Supreme Leader-like is his hat and cloak but not only is this never seen in-game even in his room, he's wearing it only in his motive video and even that establishes he was a prankster leading 10 clowns including himself and he was never an evil leader to begin with.

If TDR wanted to make him look like the Supreme Leader and be suspected they sure did an even worse job of it than their security measures on Kiibo, which is why I'm reasonably sure TDR did not in fact have any part in designing his uniform at least.

> Ouma
> Knocking himself out investigating a room and lying there bleeding until people find him because he needs to keep up his act
> Lucky

He pretty much lampshades his horrible luck in that scene itself, so I don't know where are you going with this.

That's when I laughed.
Really though, how does Tulpaman not have more lewdfics?

Gee idk maybe.

They're not all ship fuel user. Duh.
Plenty of fuel in there though.
Funny how they didn't put Tulpaman all by himself though there's nowhere to seat him that way I guess.

He has a decent amount of Japanese lewdfics. Not sure how many lewdfics each character has here but I imagine he's too problematic to get many.

No, instead they just went scholar trio again because I guess schools like those three

>taking the words of a literal jokester seriously

Ouma is a clown.

Clues for what? IIRC there's no mention of Amami's talent room anywhere before it's actually revealed. The point is you can't even make a guess for a puzzle that you don't know exists unless you've seen it. Randomly writing down "the I is horse" and having it be a solution to a puzzle that Ouma has never seen makes no sense.

Can't wait until september when this shit gets clarified.

>Kaito/Maki/Ouma, Himiko/Tenko/Hoshi, and Gonta/Miu/Korekiyo

Him, Gonta and Miu are grouped together for merchandise purposes despite having little interactions in game (Tulpaman is vocal about his dislike for her though)

I really don't understand your argument for Ouma's outfit, you may as well argue Korekiyo's outfit looks nothing like a Folklorist's or whatever. Plenty of them don't really show their talent in their outfit.
Also most of them have plain normie clothes. Since they're normies that's the point.

>They're standing next to each other. OMG THEY'RE TOTALLY DOING IT!

Oh yeah I forgot about that since it didn't happen.
Scholar trio would've been fun.

We hardly know shit about the whole school so nothing really makes sense until further clarification since Ouma going into that lab makes no sense either.

>TFW your nephew's English teacher is one of the most hated people in the DR community

>scholar trio
>chapter 5 trio
>hope x detective
>mastermind and survivor
>lesbians + hoshi
>leftover garbage
OK

Yeah from what an earlier user said, apparently they had more to do with the place trying to sell school supplies, so they coined the term scholar trio for that purpose. Sucks because it would have been great in game.

nips were a fucking mistake

Why do only blue eyed characters get colored eyes?

Fuck this, man
How many dicks do I have to suck to get at least one tulpaman lewdfic?

Google translate is your friend if you're that desperate.
>GON THICK

So does Gonta.

100 honorable dicks :^)

B-B-But nips!!!!!!!

Tulpaman has yellow eyes

It's Jess, isn't it?

100 admirable ones.

Why didn't they switch out Hoshi and Angie?

Why does only Gonta get the red eyes?
Actually it's probably the glasses.
Talking about on the cover, user.

is there a second part with the other characters?

You don't like Kirumi x Angie, user?

In the demo at least Kaede said that some of her friends used Miu's inventions, particularly the eyedrop contact lenses. She knew of her.

I'm pretty sure that carried over to the game, but I haven't rewatched chapter 1 recently.

Yeah feels weird man. Also she gets much more hate on here than on 2ch for some reason.

Like pottery

>front row
>sleeping
Angie a shit.
I'd be okay with the pairing though.

>Saihara's face
kek

Probably because we're so damn tired of all the tumblr level bullshit she spews out all the fucking time. If we didn't see it all the time, we probably wouldn't give a shit.

She does mention that in her introduction IIRC.
Makes you wonder why Tsumigi and Gonta are still wearing their glasses if they're that popular.

True, but I always thought that the west was more accepting about that stuff, well then again I am on Veeky Forums.

Why the fuck would 2ch give a shit about her.
Why do any of you give a shit about her, the reason why she gets hate here is because you fucks randomly post shit here where she just blathers on about how much she hates Naegi and how /u/ should be canon or whatever retarded shit.