Big 4 Jap Bikes

>discuss
>idiots who bought a Kawasaki in this millenium not welcome

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=seS2lp7WFbU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ducati

Somewhere far to the bottom left. Desmo is cool, but Italians can never build a bike as well as the Japs.

yes they can

ducati is best

I might get a Honda CB500X

only 1 correct answer

>discuss
>except x
Wow user amazing Shitpost.

I've owned three Honda's, but I've got a Yamaha now and I love it.

Get a dl650

I may own a Suzuki, but theres a reason I bought a triumph too, and will probably trade the Suzuki in for a BMW in a few years.

Jap bikes are pleb.

Yamaha is the best. Period.
Then honda
Then kawasaki
Then shitzuki

Buy a ktm though

Suzuki>Kawasaki.

Gsxr750 is the godbike

Different strokes for different blokes. Since getting my full license, I've test ridden a lot of bikes but always ended up buying Hondas, I get on well with their ergonomics and like what they do with mass centralisation/suspension. You may not get a lot of bells and whistles but what is there is extremely finely polished.

No one cares about a douche cafe squid bike.
Kys

FZR6? One of the best looking modern Yamaha's for sure.

How does Kawasaki manage to have the worst color schemes. I mean, roll random RGB values and I guarantee you you'll do better than "Kawasaki Green", "Plasma Blue" and "Candy Orange" which have been on every bike they made in the last ten years. Christ, they even ruined silver on the early 650r by adding all that random red shit everywhere. I think the last good looking bike they made was the ZZR250.

>Not liking sv650
>Gsxr750
>Gsxs1000
>Memerz

Fz6. Better overall bike than the fz6r. It's got about 20 more hp, weighs a bit less and is a little lighter.

Interesting... I knew the naked version was a bit lighter, didn't know it was more powerful. Sadly all the ones near me are faired...

Yep. The other one has a diversion engine, but mine has the motor from an r6

That graph is fairly accurate to be honest. Honda has never made any exceptional strides in the realm of motorcycles. They have some notorious touring bikes like the Goldwing and cruisers like the Valkyrie but those are more known for their styling/comfort/reliability than performance or engineering prowess.

Yamaha is without a doubt the "higher quality" of the group when it comes to sport bikes. Bikes like the R1 and R6 are consistently rated as the best track bikes. I think most people on here would agree. They are fairly advanced and enthusiasts are regularly taking parts (like their monoblock calipers) and fitting it on their own non-yamaha bikes.

Suzuki is a weird one. They were at the forefront of everything about 10-15 years ago. They were the first sport bike manufacturer to include factory steering dampers. They were the creator of the infamous Hayabusa. They have kind of lost the lead to Kawasaki over the last few years so it's hard to say what Suzuki's place is in the market. Obviously the GSX-R is one of the most well rounded sport bikes of all time when you consider cost/reliability/performance.

Kawasaki has kind of a boring history but they have really hit it out of the park these last few years. The inception of the ZX14R which dethroned the Busa (funny enough, no one even gives a shit. every drag racer still uses a busa) and also the H2/H2R which are partial memes but cool nonetheless. Perhaps one of the greatest feats that goes unnoticed by Kawasaki is just how fucking powerful the 4th generation ZX10R is. People don't understand that these 4th gen ZX10Rs have nearly a 20-30 horsepower advantage on GSXR1000/CBR1000RR/Yamaha R1s and are only beat by the S1000RR which is obviously the GOAT.

Probably forgetting something but that is the general gist of it. Honda is unfortunately the worst of the three if you're looking strictly at performance/value.

What's the best brand and model for a used small cruiser? Honda Shadow? Yamaha Virago? Suzuki Boulevard? Kawasaki Vulcan? Not gonna buy into the fucking Harley meme.

Get a shadow.

Ducati

Shadows/Magnas are top quality, but only the ones from the 80s. New ones blow. Virago 250 is really too small to recommend, same with the Honda Rebel. Suzuki Savage 650 is interesting for it's simplicity if you can get one cheap. It's not fast at all for a 650 though. Vulcan 500 has a great engine but the rest is very meh.

What about bigger Viragos like the 535 or 750?

They're alright. I prefer Honda though for stuff like that. I loved my shadow, it was just slow for someone who's been riding for a while. Would make a killer first bike

>Honda has never made any exceptional strides in the realm of motorcycles.
Nigga they're the only ones that bothered to make bikes that were V2s or I4s.
You're a fucking clown.

>were
weren't*

Reminder kawasaki has dominated WSBK championships in the last 5 years

Agree a 700 or 750 Shadow from 80s is gonna feel really fast if it's your first bike.

Sure, they were one of the first to use the inline 4 configuration but what the fuck significance is that? V2 is a complete meme. And their latest CBR250 is a meme too. Who gives a shit about a 250cc i4? lol

see

>One of the first to use i4
Read a book

Look, I'm the OP so I want to agree with you but it's just ridiculous to say Honda "never made exceptional strides". 1970s and 80s Honda was fucking incredible. Recently they've gotten as boring as their cars though.

Kawasaki definitely has done some great stuff in the SS range in the last 10 years, not as cool as the old turbos were though. Their cruisers and sport tourings are pretty shit though.

As a new Rider what do i get with 2500$? I saw a ninja for 1800$, other than that haven't seen much. I'd like a sport bike though

Scout.

>Small cruiser
>Scout
Scout is not that small and still has like a hundred hp

Listen, I'll give you the fact that Honda's flat 6 is pretty cool to see in motorcycles but is it really that big of a deal? I don't give a shit for cruisers or touring bikes so I don't value it that much

Scout 60 is very small. So unless they're a midget or have no legs It's fine

>257 kg fueled up
>small
I'm aware that modern Shadows and so on have a similar weight, but the old models usually got away with less than 200 kg.

Vlx600 is light

You have to define small. To me, a shadow 600 or virago 500 or a rebel 500 is small

You sat on one? It's very well balanced and once moving it's nimble as fuck

>define small
Scout 60. That's small

Then what is a rebel 500

Something I'd give my kid if they were in hs

Because it's small

Because it's a step above scooter. Barley. Cruisers below 1000cc are jokes anyway

Explain your thinking.

I don't disagree with that.

G O A T
O
A
T

How about their inline 6 sport bike? Liquid cooled longitudinal V-Twin cafe racers? 18,000RPM I4 250? The ridiculously powerful Magna V4s? Honestly if you don't think any of those were significant, I'd like to know what you do think is significant.

>I've watched a couple seasons of Sons of Anarchy so I'm an authority on cruiser bikes and hoodies worn with leather vests

HOW ABOUT THE OVAL PISTONS IN THE NR SERIES?

Never watched it and never put a vest on either. But thanks for trying

It's a pretty good show

And ugly as fuck so it's a hipster shitbike

I've never seen a hipster on an fz, just a lot of old men and one autist I knew back in Oregon.

What exactly is significant about them? Those are completely useless engine configurations.

Lots of engineering and rule bending. Literally innovation.

Also the cbx was one of the best bikes you could buy, but it was really expensive and came out right as the economy took a shit

Doritos

"Ninja" 250/500 is touted as the beginner bike around here depending on your size and what type of commute and road conditions you have.
The EX series are good bikes overall- light weight and handle well, easy to recover when you find you've crossed the line on your skill level.
But after six months you'll think you've outgrown it and want a 4 cylinder bike. The truth is you need to spend atleast a year on it (unless you have a lot of dirt bike experience).

>useless engine configurations.
>4u
how about you move them goal posts further and quit shitting on everyone no matter what they do be it mediocre and crude or over the top and pointless

Stock Kawasaki = win the race
Hondazukiha = brag about your bikes racing heritage

>honduh

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

>moving goal posts

The only redeeming characteristics of Honda according to you are some meaningless engine configurations they randomly used from decades ago. Inline 4 is the only thing that gets used today and it's done so for a good reason. If you really want to go down this route than Suzuki's rotary bike eclipses anything Honda has ever done. Or to level the playing field, Honda's accomplishments are about as significant as Yamaha's use of a crossmeme crankmeme

Pic related is why Honda sucks. A gsxr 750 with an exhaust makes more power. lol

Honda's GP v4 dominates, but for some reason the only mass market v4 they make is pretty much a 800/1200 beginner bike.

youtube.com/watch?v=seS2lp7WFbU

Kawasaki a best.