What do Europeans think of American brands, specifically Ford, Chevy, Cadillac, Lincoln, Tesla, etc

What do Europeans think of American brands, specifically Ford, Chevy, Cadillac, Lincoln, Tesla, etc

>caring what yuropooreans think
lol

Cheap interiors. Unreliable. No style or looks tacky when trying to be stylish.

They're jealous. They regularly come on here and shitpost in bitter rage about how they wouldn't have them even if they could affordsomething more than a 1 liter diesel Fiat.

nice waifu nancy cunt

no one really cares about them here.
I like them personally.
Only Chrysler cars were normally sold in dealerships, GM and Ferd are mostly private imports, they used to be more common in general

>unreliable

you whot?
most people think the v8 are reliable, also they love old muscle car style

they do think the interiors are fucking terrible and that's actually true
they also think they are too big and lol can't turn, also true to an extent

Ford is German

Either developed in Europe or size-over-quality barges with cheap materials and a general tendency towards unreliability apart from the bulletproof but in turn thirsty, lazy boat anchor powertrain. And this hasn't changed since the bailouts, they're only trying to hide it better.

Also from personal experience GM diesels sound like fucking tractors. The nailing rattle is absolutely HORRID.

How well do these cars sell in Europe, even factoring fleet/rentals?
>there's your answer

No Ford is American with a European office which Ford parasitically uses for innovation since they have no one else be parasites to.

So is that that supposed to look like a combination of a Explorer mixed with a dash of Tahoe/Suburban?

Lol I don't care for looks that much when it comes to cars, but who the fuck is designing the large vehicles at Ford?

This

pointless to buy unless it's a snek or corvette.

Ford
>where is my new Fiesta

Chevy
>camaro douchebags

Cadillac
>"premium"

Lincoln
>President

Tesla
>fags

This.
America invented cars after all.
And flying.
And freedom.

american cars are quite strange to me, these huge slabs of flat metal are quite unpleasant to watch IRL

the new Mustang is quite cool though, I saw three of them yesterday in my 25K inh. town, all of them GT

>America invented cars after all.
france
>And flying.
america
>And freedom.
france

>America invented cars after all.
>france
>Germany
>And flying.
>america
Yep
>And freedom.
>france
America

Lincoln
>"premium"

Cadillac
>President

ftfy

They only seem to remember 80s, 90's, early 2000's and refuse to acknowledge amarican cars are good again. A lot of Americans have the same mindset.

Actually flying was also France, they had hot air balloons in the air long before the first airplane.

>amarican cars are good again
Aside from the embarrassing spelling mistake, [citation needed].

What modern car that America makes today is still considered good?

burgers btfo

Nothing.
RIP snek, you were the last of the greats.

Literally everything

Escalade/Tahoe/yukon/suburban
The muscle cars
Vette other than Le Willow springs meme
Trucks
New Impala
Volt
Model s

Can confirm, this and the Buick lacrosse are excellent cars

>And flying.
brazil

WE

Don't forget the conti

By flying you mean taking ayahuasca and fucking donkeys? Plz.

Haven't driven it, but they look nice.

In a direct comparison, id take the new Volvo s90 though. It's extremely aesthetic

>Escalade/Tahoe/yukon/suburban
Rebadged shitbarges, being able to list them like that already proves it.
>New Impala
Literally who?
>Model s
Unreliable proprietary ripoff, the Apple of cars.
>Volt
Funny you mention because it's got an Opel engine for electricity generation in it since Detroit themselves only build 5 litre boat anchors.

These are actually pretty gud, as far as FWD family cars are concerned.

>buying new
Spotted the nu male beta bitch

WUZ

Rip in snekers
The Performance side is ok, so I'll admit that.
GM can't make a car for shit, anything from their line-up is hot trash, the vette can't last a lap without spilling its oil on the road, new impala will last maybe 5 years on the road before all of it's electrionics will die.
Escalade/Tahoe/yukon/suburban all suffer from too much interior choices, the escalade had 5 different interior packages rolled into one and they called it good.
modern american trucks are too big for my taste, so call it subjective, you can say this about all the modern trucks on the road today.
Model S has had quality control issues.
Volt will only last for 3-4 years due to GM making it.
Bitch I'm still rocking my Mk4 GTI.

You are aware that opel is gm? And the car was developed in house. Also the current gen impala is a really nice car to drive. It's perfectly suited to it's domestic market and is really well finished out inside.

Ford has nice models for Europe. Chevy makes okayish shitboxes. Pony cars' crude boxy aesthetics are fun, but other than that they're garbage at pretty much everything but guzzling gas. Cadillac seems to be on the way up - would like to see some proper competition to ze Germans, Jag and Alfa soon. Lincoln is virtually unknown - only ever heard of it because they ripped off Jaguar's design. Teslas are bretty good even with awful interior, but their fanclub is unbearable.

KANGZ

AVIATORS

100% guarantee you OP is data mining for some weird marketing purpose.

ford
>old ones didn't have the strongest engines in terms of reliability, new ones are actually decent price/quality cars.
The mondeo being a very decent car in top spec, with some suprising engine options.
I don't really like the design so much, with the exception of STs/RS
>Chevy
Usually rebadged daewoo's or poverty spec econoboxes with the ocasional camaro, i like the mustang more.
>Cadillac
now we are talking, i like myself a cadillac.
I know merc is better (don't argue with me on this - i just know) but caddys are rare so i really enjoy seeing the odd CTS around
>Lincoln
? i think these are opels, or is that buick?
They are okay, i guess.
>Tesla
Always driven by company owners because they get a 70% tax back and usually drive them around for free.
I don't know how to feel about them, they are alright cars but im not conviced yet about the whole EV thing
>Dodge
Usually see RAMs and those cross over things, they look decently built but my god are they ugly.

Where the hell are you in yurop where ferd isn't a top dog seller?

I'm surprised they don't sell Lincolns in Europe. They're upmarket Fords with differentiated engine options and more tech. Like what Audi is to Volkswagen. Ford already has a large established dealer network in Europe so they already have infrastructure to sell Lincolns through.

Youropoor thinks Cadillac is fresh air and extreme appealing cars

As if that changes anything...

They used to though, i think really focussed on establishing themselves in america again before heading overseas, competition is tough enough as it is. Wouldn't mind them being sold here though, i'm all about luxobarges.

kek wew m8

>I'm surprised they don't sell Lincolns in Europe. They're upmarket Fords with differentiated engine options and more tech. Like what Audi is to Volkswagen.

Except Audi's aren't just badge engineered. Audi has always offered performance models and high end luxury sedans that don't recycle the cheap engines and electronics of their lesser counterpart.

People love brands like Mercedes and Audi for their top tier cars like the R8, RS7, SLS AMG and S63 AMG. No one drools over entry model E classes and FWD A6's. That's all Lincoln has to offer at their top end.

That's true, but it does look like Lincoln is heading in the direction of offering some pretty unique range toppers that aren't offered in Ford equivalents. The Navigator SUV is going to get a Lincoln specific hybrid variant, the MKZ and Continental have 400hp turbo V6 options that aren't found in Ford models, and Lincoln will be building a two door vehicle and four door vehicle built on the Mustang platform in the coming years that should be pretty impressive.

If people want something upmarket, they get BMW, Merc or Audi. The market for other upmarket brands (Lexus, Infiniti, Cadillac, Volvo, ...) is very small.

>That's true, but it does look like Lincoln is heading in the direction of offering some pretty unique range toppers that aren't offered in Ford equivalents.

I agree that they're making huge improvements in recent years, but until they also give the drivetrains the same treatment they'll never be viewed in the same league as Mercedes or BMW. If they want the Continental to play with the big dogs they better drop the FWD bullshit and throw in a seriously high performing engine like a supercharged 5.0, or at the very least tune the TT V6 up to mid 400's. That'll get everyone's attention.

u wot m8? Lexus is third in sales after BMW and Merc.

>Ford
They're a UK make :^)

>Chevy
Unremarkable econoboxes

>Cadillac
Driven by pimps in '70s Hollywood movies. Never existed IRL

>Lincoln
Doesn't exist

>Tesla
This would go great with my iPhone

What country? In Switzerland, I rarely see any.

>If they want the Continental to play with the big dogs they better drop the FWD bullshit and throw in a seriously high performing engine like a supercharged 5.0, or at the very least tune the TT V6 up to mid 400's. That'll get everyone's attention.

I think that's what they're planning to do. They're building two vehicles off the Mustang platform. I'm guessing one will be a performance coupe with a higher tuned variant of the twin turbo V6 (probably why they're not putting an ecoboost V6 in the Mustang) and a supercharged V8 range topper. A stretched Mustang platform could be the basis of whatever replaces the Continental. I think the current Continental in it's FWD form was simply a necessity of circumstance. Ford needed a cheap way to build a halo car to offer in China for their launch. I think this generation Continental will last only till 2019 at best as it's built on a Fusion platform designed in 2009-2010. I'd bet the next Continental will be the 4 door vehicle that Lincoln is building off the S550 Mustang. Ford has confirmed that the next gen Mustang will have a hybrid option. That'd work perfectly in a Continental, especially if they have big plans for the Chinese market. Lincoln is set to be the next Buick style success story in the China and I'm sure they'll want to pull all their tricks for that big of a market.

Is that Skoda Superb?

In terms of global sales, that is. I could see them being fairly rare in yurop like most jap brands, but in the US they're fucking everywhere.

>Mustang based Continental
Lincoln is developing it's D6 chasis that will be on the Zephyr and aviator, and will probably be on the Continental

There are 2 new cars coming, not 2 mustang based ones

One is the aviator, the other is rumored to be a coupe, however years before the Continental Van Dyke said they will go higher in price points, and that a flagship sedan isn't always the most expensive, so personally i believe they are working on a full size sedan, that plus them talking down any rumor about a mustang lincoln

>They're building two vehicles off the Mustang platform. I'm guessing one will be a performance coupe with a higher tuned variant of the twin turbo V6 (probably why they're not putting an ecoboost V6 in the Mustang) and a supercharged V8 range topper.

My god that would be awesome. If they could price it around the S5/430i and it had a significantly more powerful engine it could be a real threat.

Most Americans dont like American brands. Imagine having to pay extra to have these piles of shit imported.

>floating=flying

Lmao kys retard I bet you think rolling downhill in a giant hamster ball is the same as driving a car too.

the american plane couldnt take off by itself, it needed the help of a catapult. the brazilian one didnt

>the vette can't last a lap without spilling its oil on the road, new impala will last maybe 5 years on the road before all of it's electrionics will die.
>Volt will only last 5 years.

I guess you get a pass because you have no first hand experience with these cars, but I know people who own all of these cars, and I have to say, none of these are true. GM has had a lot of faults, but their recent products are very well put together and very reliable

Outright lie. Stop believing memes

Their older models are way too expensive to drive in western europe

That's Yuroferd, not Burgerferd.
Basically 2 different companies.

>shitty jaguar knockoff
China pls go

Yeah in america you ret

*vet

No its ret you ret

>700k is more than 1.8 million

?

>implying I actually looked it up
>implying I wasn't merely speaking out of my ass based on what I heard on whim

lol

rofl!!

>anecdotal evidence makes me right.
>talking down to others makes me right.
Since were all taking that kind of evidence, lets talk about all the times we've seen vettes shit the bed.

I wish people would stop spouting this BS.

The Focus and Fiesta we receive are the same cars you have in Europe just as the Mondeo and Mustang you get in Europe are the same vehicles as our Fusion and Mustang. The only difference is that you get diesel engine options where we get hybrids.

They basically were two different companies before Ford 'globalized' their company by assembling and selling yuro ferds in NA.

>were

Burgerferds arent sold here besides the mustang. Why would anyone care?

Because he never said anything about """burgerferd""" which doesn't even exist anymore, he just said that ferd hardly exists in his country. Which is horseshit.

>tfw my horribly cropped reaction image of my wagon gets used
i'd be flattered if i wasn't confused

That's not a shadow underneath the vehicle, that is it's oil stain.

fords okay, some grat cars like fIST FOST sierra cosworth etc.
GM can go fuck themselves.
Tesla is neat.

Cadillac has the luxury and prestige of what poor people think luxury and prestige is, so they are basically luxury cars for poor people.

Cadillac is like a shopping mall for in a poor area that is filled with cast stone sculptures with fake marble finish, fake golden statues and gaudy marble and wood grain on everything.

Its what poor people think rich people live like not what rich people actually live like.
t.richfag

>v8 are reliable
Sure...GM is reliable

>specifically
>etc

Americans build their cars like they build their houses, everything is fake.
They invest in the looks and numbers alone, they need to have all the options that the Europeans have and ask a lot of money for, while making them a lot cheaper unreliable and shitty, like fake leather and fake wood trims. So it looks great comparing to an European car on paper, for the same money you get a lot more engine and options, but they are just supposed to sell and not to last or even be nice to drive

learn to read
it's what people think retard

All shit apart from the Fords that are designed and built in Europe (the good Focus, Fiesta, etc.)

What meant to say was:
marketed to niggers.
Cheap on the inside, "wealthy" on the outside.

>Ford, Chevy, Cadillac, Lincoln, Tesla

>Ford
Good hatchbacks

>Chevy
Shit hatchbacks

>Cadillac
No hatchbacks

>Tesla
Good cashback

>Lincoln
What

>Ford, Chevy, Cadillac, Lincoln, Tesla

>Ford
Fiesta

>Chevy
Daewoo

>Cadillac
Nigger

>Tesla
Upper middle management

>Lincoln
matthew mcconaughey

>extremely unreliable
>shit interiors
>designs are uninspired, dated and not aesthetically pleasing unless you like boxes with rounded edges
>all the money developing a powerful engine instead of a car that can handle well
>most of them are landbarges
>none of them can turn
>none of the manufacturers could win an F1 championship if they tried (Ford couldn't even win Le Mans without resorting to hiring a British team to develop the GT)

>Ford
Residual positive vibes from the australian branch
>Chevy
Uglier holdens
>Cadillac
Basically never think of them
>Lincoln
They still exist?
>Tesla
Literally the antithesis of everything I like about cars. Soulless one-size-fits-all appliance company built on hype and marketing. Dislike their holier than thou aura, dislike their reddit name, dislike their obnoxious leader, dislike that you can't talk about EVs without them coming up. Give me a broken down italian car from the 80s any day of the week.

American here and I must say that I only really like American and Japanese cars. Although not all, I hate GM and Nissan alot but do love Ford, Subaru, Toyota, and Lincoln. I must say the big problem with alot of euro cars here is the poor reliability and expensive/difficult repairs. Things are much easier to work with in an American or Japanese car.

>Ford
can't turn
2 star ncap rating.
>Chevy
Edgelord
>Cadillac
Slow
>Lincoln
Ugly and slow
>Tesla
bad investment