angband.oook.cz/competition.php?showcompo=202

>FAQ and What to Play

FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34

What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas

pastebin.com/nXBycdgR

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account

User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

academia.edu/634989/Feudalism_the_history_of_an_idea
reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/2bs0rc/ama_feudalism_didnt_exist_the_social_political/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

DCSS is under CC which automatically means that any art used in it is too

happy birthday arelgee

happy birthday

Is WizRogue a roguelike?

Does its steam page say roguelike?

it's mobage.

Within the next few months, maybe? They're releasing it once the magazine system is done and they're ironed out the bugs in that.

Happy birthday /rlg/

Happy birthday /rlg/!

Oberon, King of dispelshitters is finished.

THICC

did you set up that whole killhole in ent form?
neat

No wonder she's an eternal virgin
no that's just fat

UHHHHHHHH THICKER

protip: /rlg/ only posts about artemis and aceteon because they're too bad to get past them

#deep

DELET

yeah absolutely not because one is a virgin goddess that becomes your eternal slave

"that which can be destroyed by the truth, should be" -european immigrant
And the other?

Cyberdemons sure do suck, don't they Shuma-Gorath? I piss on your grave.

>a wand
I didn't know these could spawn empty.

>tfw im in the /rlg/ bday card
You guys.. Im flattered

Kill yourself armaa.

fun fact: there are both staves with no effect (just "a staff") and staves "of nothing". these are two separate things for some reason

Thank you for drawing this, I really didn't want to

>return to /rlg/ after a two-year break
>it's still as dead as ever
Nice.

>2014 was 3 years ago

>2012 was 5 years ago

[Perfectly normal]

>mountain dwarfs were removed a decade ago

>faggotry
>also faggotry
I don't understand, what's the difference supposed to be?

Let me tell you about dicks...

>hating on dicks

And people still defend chei

someone please post the adom ms paint tile

Whoa, hold up; what did /rlg/ do to you that you think they sit around drinking Pepsi all day?

Dont oppress his fork

happy birfday and to @ a good night

According to IVAN, Pepsi is liquid evil. I am assuming that he's making a reference to that.

The amazing thing is: one of the posts actually mentions a roguelike, not only random debauchery.

Naga^Chei is retarded, and I'll *never* understand why people say it's a good combo. 3 turns per movement is indefensible, no matter what buffs you're getting.

Naga are the strongest race
Chei is the strongest god
1+1

>cataclysm dda
>roguelike
?
You don't get any extra buffs for it excepting increased piety gain/slouch damage, but chei gives out piety like candy anyways and slouch isn't that great.

Why do you pretend to be retarded?

You're going to need to be more specific than that.

We drink it because no one else is powerful enough to withstand it

Chei is the most powerful at what really matters (turncount-based speedruns).

actually the fastest run is a FE^Veh

that's the fair use though, you can use any copyrighted content for a parody post on the internet

>struggle to kill quachil as the angband quest
>discover after the fact that he doesn't resist confusion
Send help, there's an idiot at the controls.

did you dig that rape cave yourself?

happy birthday, /rlg/!

cute!

Someone needs to add MuMo. Aint gonna be me to lazy.

Normally worshipping Chei involves sacrificing your ability to walk away, but as a Naga you already couldn't do that. Compared to any other race, Nagas have fewer downsides for worshiping Chei but all the same upsides.

How's progress on the plan to re-jigger the score system to be aut-based, btw?

>ywn be a qt minotaur enchanter using your cowtits and magical powers to seduce the denizens of the dungeon
why live

Chei characters can walk away just fine
Na^Chei definitely cant

Naga of chei in statue form take freakin 4.5 auts to move a single tile

dont forget to cast leda's and to get asmodeus to frostbite you

>oh boy vaults 5! almost done with this run then
>oh look that tengu unique is sitting right behind the guards, i wont even look what he does because i've got it
>barbed
>force lanced away from stairs
>suddenly frost giants throwing 72 dmg bolts
rip

are there even roguelikes with fem minos?

>playing crawl
fault

>he
ITS A GIRL

So, new stable DDA version when?

DCSS

>King of the tengu, with legendary skill in swordsmanship, tactics, and magic.
>king
>living
fault

Half-giants get free (FUH REE) stone to mud for 10 hp per use

I don't think you fully understand the meaning of the word, "free."

even non half-giants can carry wands though
you can get ones with 20, 30, 40+ charges eventually
the only class that halfgiant stonetomud is really amazing for is berserker because they can't into wands
otherwise it's just a +1 inventory slot power, and you might as well do something like demigod or woodelf instead

There have been a few female kings, usually because the legalities of the monarchy didn't allow for women to be rulers in their own right.

Rather, didn't allow for queens to be rulers in their own right.

So how do I start out as a Blue-Mage in PCB-R? Where should I go to learn spells since there aren't many magic-users in the first few levels of stronghold?

>implying "feudalism" was a system of government and not an anachronistic word for governance with sometimes repeated but hugely varied or disrupted patterns that always were re-worked out of the "what this or that person can or cannot actually force these other people to do"
there absolutely were independent queens, even if rarer due to social and other factors influencing their ability to successfully push people around. Don't play games and read fantasy to learn about history. Read history written by historians, and the associated primary (interpreted with trained eye for context) sources to learn about history.

Yes, queen is the key word.
And since you haven't brought forward any actual proof I rest my case that Sojobo is a man and I'll remove myself to the crypts with my waifu, Bai Suzhen

Ah yes, ninjas should manually press s to recall, since resting breaks stealth for some reason, causing monsters to track you down and blow your face off.

Also metamorphosis blows mightily, just one of my two weapons did as much damage as dragon melee. It did increase my ac, I guess, which probably says more about ninja armor restrictions than metamorphosis's power.

>Read "history" written by "historians", and the associated primary (interpreted with trained eye for context) "sources" to learn about "history".

buy some ?tele and run around the surface near town until you find a friendly low-level p to cast curses or magic missiles at you

sooner or later you'll find a salamander, dragonfly, or baby dragon to learn a breath from, or once you have some more resistances and hp you can run around the mountains to find breathers

note that you can never learn spells if you are stunned/blind/confused (among other things), and breaths apply these debuffs BEFORE the check to see if you learn them, so there's no point trying to learn shit like sound or confusion breath until you can resist its debuff

well there are a bunch of novice 'p's that can teach you some basics, and then there are wilderness or forest hounds for some breaths, higher level ps for lots of bolt spells and such, other than that it depends on what you run in to.

So my history books were wrong all along

I guess it's too late to go complain to my teachers now

i haven't played it for a while, have they added a fem mino unique? player characters have no set gender in dcss i believe

i have recently played pcb505 after a long break, cleared some quests, cleared stronghold, maze, orc caves, visited all the towns, fought arena till shadow drake died as a retard to a greater mummy - not a single stone to mud wand, literally not a single

on a side note, how do you even level up ninjas fast, not like you can do that hydra trick with them/

also
>woodelf
a bloat race good for nothing iirc

School systems get a lot very wrong in their quest to sortof get the gist of things, to trim them down, and all sorts of other reasons. But it's not to late to read more really cool material!

Here's a well-reviewed piece on the history of the idea of feudalism. academia.edu/634989/Feudalism_the_history_of_an_idea

There's actually a pretty interesting thread at reddit askhistorians reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/2bs0rc/ama_feudalism_didnt_exist_the_social_political/ on this topic because they've seen it so frequently from visitors there.

Obviously you like the thought of history and the feudal age, so you may find some of this stuff pretty neat. It's not like I came through school with an understanding of the topic myself.

>player characters have no set gender in dcss i believe
There's a male and female sprite for the minotaur player race; that counts.

wood elf sense surroundings isn't bad. Not gamebreaking, but it will see use from the moment it becomes available until the @ or J is dead.

>on a side note, how do you even level up ninjas fast
I did the standard thieves, wargs, angband:6 and 12, orc caves and whichever town quests I could do for about level 20, then took ninja stealth, detection, and the levitation power to lonely mountain.

note however that they don't get it til 20
and humans/demigods can IIRC get the same ability as a racial perk.

>Not gamebreaking, but it will see use from the moment it becomes available until the @ or J is dead
saves one slot for some device of detection... and if you have detection as your class power it's of no use. also i believe you can't use it if you are a zerker

>lonely mountain
it sounds scary, especially since their levitation tends to end abruptly

>saves one slot for some device of detection.
It saves mapping, actually. Nature awareness doesn't detect items.

>it sounds scary, especially since their levitation tends to end abruptly
If your levitation runs out over a mountain tile, the only negative effect is that you can't move until you cast it again.

Also I was a draconian, so I guess I was levitating extra hard when I stupidly used the ninja power.

unfortunately, drinking any of it is fatal
would you like your sodas identified?

I've avenged a few characters this run.

user, don't be disingenuous. I'm not making some idiotically broad statement about all monarchies everywhere forever, just that it did happen a handful of times (because, as you said, the systems varied a hell of a lot). Jadwiga of Poland, Christina of Sweden, Tamar of Georgia, and I think a couple of the Hungarian Marys all used masculine titles, either officially or generally, though some were still styled as queens in other contexts.

So is there any other God that gives you ease of access to higher level spells more than Chei does? And that's just a very small part of the whole gibsmedat.

Technically Vehumet if you think about it

No, they're all pepsi anyhow.

spells are bloat (like cBlink, PoG and regeneration) so that doesn't really count

old!Vehumet
Technically Qazlal and Mahkleb too; spell-like effects, at least.

+15 int is way better than Wiz especially if you came from the low 10s of int. You need spellpower as an otabber who doesn't put a lot of points, if any, in int.

Chei doesn't actually give you the spells though, you still have to find them.

literally sif since the only penalty for miscasting red% spells with her is you lose some MP, which you can regen with her