/simg/ - Simulation Games General

Rueflag Edition

Previous thread: A thread for all vehicle simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

>Extra attention grabbing search terms
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

>TeamSpeak
ts3.nogf.moe

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/SimulationGamesGeneral

>Website
simg.nogf.moe

>BMS download links
pastebin.com/2CDSgvZq

>Air, Land and Sea pastebin
pastebin.com/aN1f84Db

>Repository of various aviation related material
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>Link to this OP text
docs.google.com/document/d/1eaAdM0Hyu3WwDTyilKPxsbQYK9L2NVPoDIZ5vYD6TLw/edit?usp=sharing

>Example of welcome games
Falcon BMS, DCS World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Euro truck sim, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Silent Hunter, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, OMSI 2, DiRT Rally, Ship Simulator.

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N4JhkjtCnVQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for netcode

>reminder that SABOW exists

beautiful geym

dont forget GTOS

How can you fuck up this bad?

>tfw thread is becoming more varied instead of being a spam infestation for dcs/bos niggers

dont be rude

How do you check penetration like that?

>one day I will wake up and DCS will be on 2.5 and the MiG-29 will have all its little bugs fixed and have a PFM

I'm waiting on that day now

when you radio your fucking arty to shoot some illuminators on expected enemy location 2-3 km away and instead they shoot them over your dudes

post-battle overview >pic related, post-battle overview

shame the mig 1.44 will never make it into the game

>I have both a warthog and a MSFFB2, I've used both extensively, I've read the manual thoroughly and have read through many discussions and watched many videos on the subject and most importantly I've flown the damn sim and tested it many times in game. I fucking KNOW how the AP works, it is YOU who is the shit pilot.

>mentions no rudder pedals
>whines and complains about the trim system
>whines about the AP
>literally refuses to turn any of the AP systems off, even those that are purely for long flights and auto hovering
>clearly has no idea how the trim actually works
>gets mad at other people who fly properly and have been flying the Ka-50 for almost 10 years now

really makes you think

post more GTOS and other sims

we taking over the house

>no more bms ops ever

aw yeah nigga
/wgg/ is BACK

literally just finished my first battle in this game

post dead germans

how did it go & which campaign?

can't you just get one of those twisty sticks for yaw?

bretty gud, but not I probably took way too many casualties for the first turn in the campaign

>he still doesnt see it
LMAO

>swist stick
>inadvertently apply rudder trim every time

If there is one module that absolutely needs rudder pedals it's the Ka50

>he thinks i cant see it
LMAO RIGHT NOW TBHFAMZILLA

>tfw ED pilled

>burn down whole town with flamethrowers to find 2 men

I was born yesterday, which game is this?

Graviteam tactics operation star

u r m u m

So is it time to rebrand /simg/ as a military simulation/strategy general

Is there anything you can put on the Ka-50's inner pylons that are worth their weight? You can't even mix rocket pods ffs

Thanks, I usually play serious flight simulations so can you please answer without bullshitting me?

yes

rockets

youtube.com/watch?v=N4JhkjtCnVQ

FUCKING SOON

If this doesn't make you hype as fuck for the Hind then you aren't alive.

>attack Rumailah Island salient with a tank company
>all enemy has is dug in infantry
>time to sweep 15 km of dense bushes searching for dudes hunkering inside camouflaged trenches

Why didn't they atleast make the Basra DLC map bigger?

Which game releases soon?

Hind is confirmed for DCS, so some day.

>Slavshit
K Y S

Talking about DCS, which is the best graphics enhancing mods I can install for the current steam version? I'm not on beta or anything so... I want to make the scenery better.

Also, regarding Il2 BoS, how do I reduce or disable the tree lod pop-in? It is immersion breaking when flying relatively low and seeing how trees are fucking changing shape on random basis.

BOS/DCS niggers are still dead, let's exercise our freedom while we can.

GTM 10 for DCS.

Stop using steam for DCS

We still here, we just not bothering people that post other sims. Crazy how that shit work.

>implying

Project Cars, anyone?

No combined operations? You can't have your own dismounts push up while you cover, or have the position prepped by gunships?

None of that?

More of a flying kind of guy myself. I actually just got back from my first IRL flight in almost two months, and aside from some pilot-induced oscillation on a crosswind approach I didn't do too bad

>gunships

there's no air support in this campaign

>dismounts
there was fucktons of dismounts here, behind my tank is a dead BMP that was ahead and tried to cross the river and got ambushed, the detached dismounts under my command in this campaign are few. Most of the infantry is under AI control.

Does Steel Beasts properly model its aircraft?

Also, does either Steel Armor or Steel Beasts have an Iran-Iraq war campaign?

Did you at least have artillery or mortarmen?

>steel beasts

I don't know, don't play it

>Steel armor

yes it properly models it's aircraft, and yes the game is centered on Iran-Iraq war (Operation Nasr and Karbala 4 respectively) and also the battle of Cuito-Quanavale (Angolan civil war) and the soviet invasion of Afghanistan

Sounds fairly neat. Is it just a bunch of T-55s and T-62s, or do they have M-60s in there, too?

one mortar was operational but was out of ammo, the other was lost and it's crew tagged along for the offensive

I have no Arty spotters since in Basra as Iraqis you only command the tank battalion, and you only have a few APC platoons and two tank companies and a resupply platoon and an ARV platoon, no arty spotters, the AI has arty spotters and kept calling artillery on expected enemy locations throughout battle

M60 and Cheiftain and Olifants (for MBTs, there's shittons of other vehicles)

>Stop using steam for DCS
Why? I know steam is shitty drm but I thought that was just handy. Should I use GoG or better yet buy them directly from the guys itself?

So, the whole C3 situation was an unnecessarily massive clusterfuck, then?

Historical accuracy, I suppose.

I have pilot license as well. I strongly believe that in order to play flight simulators you should have at least some experience in real flying before even attempting to use simulator. Also, most people insult the developers by not using proper stick / pedal / gadget setup. I for example don't use teamspeak or anything for communication, I use real radio.

Also, it's neat that the aircraft get proper modelling, I've always wondered if a multi-platform super sim with both tanks and aircraft would actually be possible.

The closest I've seen to that is Arma 3 or Combined Operations, and both are massive, unmitigated clusterfucks

lol k

You get modules like a year later.

>You get modules like a year later.
Ahh shit I didn't know that why this is so stupid. What the fuck steam is cancer.

bump

They don't allow early access DLC to be put on sale.

The major advantage of Steam was that it used local prices. However that got removed as well.

>The major advantage of Steam was that it used local prices. However that got removed as well.
I remember those days when it was pretty cheap. And steam sales used to be pretty good but these days the sale is not really a sale. They have driven the prices way up and during steam sale I have seen several titles to have fake prices which have been "reduced" back to what they were before the sale to look like they were 20% cheaper, etc. I think now steam doesn't really do anything else except than work as a intrusive drm similar to psn and others.

anyone here play war thunder in simulation mode?

>anyone here play war thunder in simulation mode?
I play Il2 BoS. Is War Thunder worth downloading even? How bad is the money milking aspect of the game?

The only real reason to play War Thunder is to have a quick(er) time until a fight than against players.

SIM is ded, so I just play RB

Decent place to practice high speed fighting against max AoA/G turners.

>Hind is confirmed for DCS
nice delusion, theyll cancel it once papa putin says nyet
>so some day
this is all dcs is, right? just getting hyped for the next module. after the hind releases, we will have 3 weeks of ops, one or two afghan ops revivals then everyone will drop it and go back to bos (or bok by then) or shitposting the thread

seems like wgg will sweep simg unto its death, just like simg did to wgg a year and a bit back. the irony is palpable

After getting Thrustmaster 16k, I managed to get off and land in Il-2 BoS. However, I am still unsure if I need to actually map any functions to the buttons at the base of the stick besides the default view zoom in/out stuff. Haven't done any actual combat yet so... that might be an issue regarding the controls.

What did you have originally that made it difficult?

i meant if the hind releases, not after.

*blocks your view*

>What did you have originally that made it difficult?
DS4 controller, it's too sensitive to play with. I used combination of that and keyboard but proper joystick is million times better. So I didn't really bothered playing the game before getting Thrustmaster. Even in Elite Dangerous the joystick is so much better than DS4 controller, even though ED is just an arcade game in that sense.

anything is better than thumbsticks

bump

CIA
I
A

Il2 BoS: when I play with stick I can't access map by pressing 'm' or some other controls from keyboard - I don't understand what is going on. The keys are certainly mapped but when I press them nothing happens. Flying without map access is really... hard. Halp??

You have to have Hud option enabled in difficulty, and also have to have hud key mapped, press that, that will toggle things like map and subtitles to appear on screen or not

I have the hud enabled and spoken text already appears along with other hud information. But pressing 'm' multiple times just doesn't bring up the map. This is when I do a instant action or mission.

At some point it was working but when enabling joystick it stopped working, I'm pretty sure about it.

It shouldn't have anything to do with your flight stick, use the hud key to cycle through hud information, there's literally hud cycle modes that block the map from appearing

Is there a way to stop the tree level of details changing shape when you fly closer to them? It's really annoying they change suddenly shape when they land within certain radius from you. I know there are some config file tweaks on il2 forums but that only applies to ground textures not to the trees itself (they are sprites / geo).

All that projecting.
I have pedals.

>literally refuses to turn any of the AP systems off, even those that are purely for long flights and auto hovering
Where the fuck are you getting this from? I deliberately went out of my way to learn to fly and hover without any autopilot channels on just for shits and giggles.

You're the one whining about how you think it's supposed to work in real life when were all playing a fucking video game.

Who are you talking to? Are you literally the same guy from the last thread who had no idea how the trim system worked?

Jesus christ guy, just learn how it works. the only person having problems with it is you.

Hint: Every time you press the trim button if defaults your controls to that position.

No one but you is you having trouble understanding that

>this coming from the guy who LITTERALY flies with every AP assist mode on at all times

xD

Stop lying you cunts
Steam isnt that bad, the "drm" part is so weak only a dumb fuck would consider it a real drm.
The price thing was only done by gtav and even they backed out of it.

>hurr muh steam drm
>dcs uses fucking starforce, the most infamous drm of all time
>hurr you need internet and steam to download and update games you bought on steam
post some brainy pepes instead of shitting on a decent game store.

Hey Gabe, how are those paid mods coming along?

here is another sale to shut you goys up

I KNOW HOW THE FUCKING TRIM WORKS!

>replying to a post where I say I deliberately fly with all channels off

They changed how you get troops to load and unload in the editor, how do you do it, now?