Help me figure out if i got ripped off

Ok i'm really wondering what the everloving fuck happened here.

i picked up (pic related) a 2014 Mustang. now i ran the vin through a vin decoder site (vindecoderz.com/) and it comes back as a Mustang GT . but wait. ti's got a v6. how the fuck is it coming back as a GT with a v6. now one would say maybe the v8 got ripped out. BUT THE VIN DECODER SAYS V6. The rear badge does not say GT on it.

special order? Someone mokeyed around with the records? Did such an animal exist? or is the website just fucked giving wrong info?

You're using a gay generic Vin reader that isn't 100% up to date. Learn how to read the VIN yourself.

>Ok i'm really wondering what the everloving fuck happened here.

>i picked up (pic related) a 2014 Mustang.

there ya go

One way or another you got ripped off. It's definitely a basic V6 Mustang that's been monkeyed around with. On a side note, it looks exactly like the fake GT V6 Mustang I decided not to buy, but I think that was a 2010. You sure this is a 2014?

yea 100% 2014. i think i'm just getting bad info like said. i have to laugh because it even says shelby in the description from that website and that has got to be wrong.

How hard was it to open the hood and check the engine yourself?

i knwo it has a v6 for sure.. i was wondering WTF was up with the website saying GT and still saying v6.

it's gotta be one or the other. and i started thinking maybe the engine was swapped. But it was never advertised as a GT nor having a V8. I saw under the hood it had a v6.

So it's a V6 and you checked out a shitty website

Enjoy your secretary's car

open the hood and take a picture.

taking pic

pic here

should have got the carfax nigger

carfax said v6 also and yes i negotiated based on a v6 not gt

Hmmmm perhaps its a problems with the vindecoderz website? Just wait for a VIN check thread to pop up and make a request to settle it once and for all

Daily reminder that V6 Mustangs are underrated cheap sports cars.

Holy shit you bought a fucking V6 Mustang. Time to kill yourself.

This. not-yet-classic Mustangs are some of the least expensive V6 cars out there (for a given year).

But, it would still suck to pay GT money for a V6 Mustang.

What did you pay? Did you think it was a v8 / gt?

no i knew it was a v6 and salesman stated v6 and never insinuated it was a GT. i paid 11k for it (12.5 out the door after TT&L, 46k miles)

They tried to start asking 18k i was like that's not a v8 and ti's not a GT.

that's what i'm thinking. also searching up for more decoder sites (or sites with info what the code numbers mean)

God damn it OP here's what you did you smarmy nigger.

Nobody would go through the trouble of taking a GT and swapping in all the lesser shit onto it from a V6. The smaller brakes, the weaker suspension, the lesser interior, fucking why.

You ran your VIN through a shitty free service and fucking surprise, it's wrong. Quit being a spaz you egregious cockpouch.

My gto has v6.0 badges but its a v8. Sometimes the factory messes up.

>Nobody would go through the trouble of taking a GT and swapping in all the lesser shit onto it from a V6.

Actually i read somwhere that once someone cooked their engine and eded up dropping a v6 in it to sell it off.

>posts lucio .. not mercy

goddammit.

You typed the VIN in wrong. You put in P8J instead of P8A. P8J = GT500. P8A = regular coupe. It still says V6 because the next digit after P8A (M in your case) is the engine code.

The start of your VIN should be 1ZVBP8AM1E5. The rest is the serial, if you want to see stuff like what options it came with then you'll need to ask Ford.

2005-2010 v6 mustangs are shit cars so I don't see how they're underrated

Woah, someone actually knows what their talking about! It's an miracle.

Is there something wrong with v6 Mustangs or are you just referencing the deal OP got for his car?

HOLY SHIT ITS THE ONE OF SHELBY ROUSCH GT 500 V6 THEY ONLY MADE ONE OF THESE FOR HENRY FORD'S SECRETARY!@!!!

V6 Mustangs are for retards and OP process it. He thinks he might have a GT because the VIN decoder says Mustang/GT/Shelby on one section.

Check'd

I still don't understand the problem with a v6, I'm interested in why you say this though.

They lack Torque and supporting mods. GT has a standard limited slip differential too.

>picked up (pic related) a 2014 Mustang
Yep, you got ripped right the fuck off.

nah I just looked at the first google result for "mustang vin" and realized OP is an idiot.

The pic is from a 2011, any v6 Mustang pre 2011 is objectively shit.

It has a shit ton of mods because of its popularity and it's as easy to mod as a V8.
Also the V6 has the same fucking limited slip differential.

Enjoy being a dumbass for the rest of your life.

So, what would be a fair price to pay for a decent-condition 2012 V6? Pic related is going for 17,000 CAD, I'm thinking I can talk them down to 16 or 15k.

Here in tje US you can get a V6 with the performance package for about 12 to 14k with less than 60k miles.

Talk it down to 15 or 16 and it's a fair deal if it's the premium or performance packaged one.

Also look for a manual one, those are way cheaper.

t. 4.6 v2 owner.

The VIN site is incorrect. You have a v6 mustang. I can tell from the front end it's definitely 13-14. The giveaway is the hood. GTs from 13-14 have 2 vents (heat extractors) in the hood because the 5.0 heats up pretty good. Looking at your under the hood picture, it doesn't seem like anything was altered or rebuilt. You have a stock v6 mustang, which always was a v6 mustang.