Lexus LS 430

Hey Veeky Forums,
So my LS 400 is nice and all but I think its time to move on. I'm going to stick with the LS, but going to upgrade to a LS 430, certainly with the UL package. Anything I should look out for? Anyplace specifically I should look? What mileage do these cars start to fall apart? What's a fair price for one?

Bump because I'm also thinking about a 430. That design aged well, thing looks way newer than it is.

I have a friend who tried to kill himself in an LS430. He drove off the road around 90, rolled at least 10 times, broke a telephone pole into 3 pieces, and he walked away with only a broken hip. The car was an unrecognizable heap of metal and bad decisions. Take that for whatever it's worth.

Also just look at kbb if you really want to know the value.

A non running UL just went for 1500 this morning on ebay

Depends on the condition, mileage and package, the prefacelift (2001-2003) models go for less than the post facelift ones.

LS430 2002 with 150k can go for between 7-8k.

Also look at your local craigslist to find out the price since it matters on the region as well.

I'm just going to post sweet a f loaded LS cars

>broken hip
>walked away

LS 460 executive package coming through

>driver, swing by the store and get more Moet when you get a chance

I think the post facelift LS430 looks better than the first years of the LS460.

>not having a fridge in your back seat

>not having little things that pop up and spritz your headlights

Vibrating seats for your pleasure

I don't know what this wood is but it makes me erect

Mmm creamy

Uh oh

Say billy, you ever see a grown man naked?

Not literally

>but going to upgrade to a LS 430, certainly with the UL package.

i drive an '06 with 125k on the clock. first, i would avoid the UL package unless you want to deal with expensive air shocks failing sometime in the future.

>Anything I should look out for?

there aren't a lot of major issues with these. focus on '03-06 models IMO, as that's when the refresh/updated front/rear was, as they look a lot better. the only common issue i have seen with them is broken motors for the tilt/telescoping steering wheel. check when the timing belt was done obviously, service interval is 90k/9 years.

>What mileage do these cars start to fall apart?

i have no idea. my car drives like it's new with 125k, so as long as they're well taken care of, i would say they're good past 200.

>What's a fair price for one?

i paid $10,600 for my '06 with 105k on the clock two years ago, so they should be a bit cheaper now. finding an '04-06 with ~100k or less for under $10k shouldn't be too difficult and should be a pretty solid deal.

good luck mate.

I want to ride on air. One of my complaints with the LS 400 is that it doesn't soak up bumps like i had hoped. I had the suspension checked out and everything is fine with it, so that was a bit of a let down. Softer tires were a big help but being able to switch from soft to sport is very attractive to me.

They're OK

>check when the timing belt was done obviously, service interval is 90k
It is possible to independently confirm the work was done? Say through a physical inspection?

i don't think so, no. the coolant has to be drained and the radiator taken off (among other things, intake and such too i think) to access the belt cover. the process isn't too involved but it would probably take awhile to remove everything and inspect the belt. it the LS has an easily accessible drain tube for easy draining of the radiator though so it might not take too long.

makes sense. i never drove one with the UL package so i'm curious how it rides.

also fwiw it isn't that costly to get it done. i paid $700 at an independent shop for parts+labor. the 3UZ is easy to work on (the UZ went into the trucks too) so don't expect to pay out the ass for labor just because it's a luxury car.

Aha, good to know, thanks