/vap/ - Volkswagen / Audi / Porsche general

>/pog/ is dead and /vap/ shall succumb from its ashes edition

It's thy time to have a good old thread about the finest German trio! Do you own a VW, an Audi or a Porsche? Do you have any questions or plans to own one in the near future? Do you have a Ferdinand Porsche shrine hidden away in your closet? If so, post it all here!

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/business/news/volkswagens-diesel-emissions-scandal-premature-deaths-car-vw-mit-study-thousands-killed-a7609061.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

VW owners are too busy vaping
Audi drivers are too busy working to pay off their cars thats in the shop
Porsche owners are just busy working.

>inb4 is snows

>finest German trio!
Porsche, subpar luxury and absolute garbage. Okay

Just make it a German car general, except for those VW kiddies

Wow that old op pic

fucking rude

Got a 2015 Porsche Boxster GTS. I'm seriously considering the new GT3 now that it's going to have a manual option again, but I just got the Boxster 2.5 years ago.

So glad I got a 981 before they replaced it with the 718. Turbo 4 cyls, what were they thinking? Are EU fuel economy standards really so strict?

>being this full of autism

Aight faggots

Passat B5.5 1.9TDI Wagon or Audi A6 C5 1.9TDI ?

They are very old cars now, but atleast they have simple technology and bags of reliability.

The car would be used to haul stuff around. And no Golf IV allowed.

independent.co.uk/news/business/news/volkswagens-diesel-emissions-scandal-premature-deaths-car-vw-mit-study-thousands-killed-a7609061.html

Ugly, boring shitbox, Detlef. Something my grandmother would drive.

my dad drives this Passat. with the 2.8 audi v6 and does exactly what you intend to do. hauling stuff around. he rarely exceeds 3k RPM. and the block will keep on turning till the end of days. rust is setting in though. 400k km is doable. i reckon a vw diesel is at least as reliable.

My '06 VW Beetle 2.5l is about to hit 120k miles. Anything specific that I should check when I do the next oil change?

My GTI

Pretty sure they're mechanically very similar, the A6 is just a bit bigger, nicer inside and as a result, heavier.

Do you guys really like my heater 944 that much that it always needs to be In the OP pic

beater I meant. But yeah I'm supurised

VW / Audi / Porsche are basically brothers under the same umbrella, they sometimes even collaborate with each other like pic related.

Looks neat, where from m8? 'Murica or Yurop?

some engines in the B5.5 made the car anything but a grandma-mobile

2.8 V6 is too big due to taxes. I need it for actual delivery around my area. As a start-up, I can't really afford much.
I know that the B5.5 is pretty much bulletproof, but can you also tell me what goes wrong on this car, given it's age ?
For this sort of money, if I add about 500 euros I could get meself 2007-2008 Astra Caravan, but a Passat it's still a different class.

>That cardboard subwoofer enclosure

It's sad to say I've also done this and it's worked decently until the box eventually fell apart due to being thrown around the trunk.

its alright overall, just watch out for that aluminium suspension and thats about it. also, 1.9 tdi is the engine to go for. mpgs are great while a cheap chip tune will give you decent power.

is the front suspension ball-joint or regular stuff ? Friend of mine has a Mk 1 Skoda Superb ( stretched B5.5 Passat basically ) and the suspension was ball-joint and it was fucking expensive ( about 600 euros the whole party )

Mmmm... eBay headers

I have a B5 passat wagon, with the 1.8 TDI FWD w/ auto trans.
It's a nice car, full stock, but I feel like the engine or drivetrain are on it's way out. The torque converter almost surely is going. At least that's what the goys at Bluewater Performance say. But i take that with a grain of salt.

The car is really really rough at idle, to the point where if im stopped at a light i put it in N cause it feels like it's shaking itself apart. Shifts are a but harsh, but it still runs fine. Pulls well on the highway.

If the drivetrain does go, would it be worth it trying to put a drivetrain from the flywheel to the axle shafts, then modifying the TDI, or just 1.8T swapping it and boosting it to the moon?

The car isn't used at all really unfortunately, but I love the look of it and want to bring it back to road worthiness. Project car. No required finish date, minimal budget.

Also, im not a VW nut, and have no idea the difference between B5 and B5.5. It's a 2005 model year car.

hello there

is the engine still rough in idle after some minutes?

Yes. It is consistently rough at idle. warm, cold, no difference really. Been a bit since I have driven it, but yeah.

did you check the spark plugs and ignition cables?

I've got and 07 Passat Wolfsburg but where the Wolfsburg badge should be there's a weird red s badge. Looks like it's from a mini. There weren't any Passat "S"s right? I tink a previous owner just switched them or something. Should I replace it? I'll post a picture later

TDI mate. Diesel. Glow plugs.

oh i forgot, nvm then

The B5.5 is the facelift version of the B5. Nothing major got updated then.

When's the last time you replaced the timing ? The 1.8T of the older days is notorious for timing belt issues as well as the tensioner.

Yeah, all B5 platform cars share the same complicated multi-link front suspension.

>dark blue
Mah fellow negro.

porsche is great but fuck I hate this thread and what it's about
except porsche

370kkm so far. 1.9 tdi.

on this one the tdi still uses the injector-bomb rather than the actual common rail. ALL of them end up failing, check if it has already been checked/ swapped for a new one

I think it was supposed to be april fools joke. I'm really not a fan of VW's nor Audi's.

>paid $10 grand for a used beat up bmw
>talks shit on VW owners
commit suicide idiot

>thinking I'm some BMW owner

>Turbo 4 cyls, what were they thinking?
about the same power as the 6 cylinder due to lower piston friction (also the 6 is at the end of how much power they can get out of it)
less mass and a more compact distribution

the 918 does have some really neat brake and torque vectoring systems to help pull it around corners
like if you are turning left the front right wheel will do some regenerative braking
and the front left and back left push the other side of the car around that point
or something along those lines

they dont fail that often. the upside is that with these you can get significant increases in power with a chip tune

Sup /vap/,
A3 8L here, 1.6 shitbox
I'm thinking of getting new wheels and coilovers, something in the area of 17" or bigger (current ones are 15" with these balloons)- does someone know some good rim tire combinations? I don't like the look of those balloon tires

17" and coilovers might make the ride uncomfortably harsh. Not ideal for street use, I'm assuming you're not tracking or autoXing it here.

>bragging about a fucking Passat, the most boring car in the history of mankind

You guys are no car-enthusiasts. You're a bunch of fags.

adjustable stiffness coilovers desu. i had 19' wheels with coilovers, wasnt that bad.

>he doesn't know you can turn based B5 into a badass sleeper
(R)S4 drivetrain bolts right in m8.

The ride is already 16mm lower because the 'sport' package.
I thought of getting 17" rims with 225/45/R17 tires and based on what said the ride should still be daily driveable