Need advice / help

hello Veeky Forums im about to buy a miata and im just wondering what engine mods should i do first. im fairly new to cars and Veeky Forums. so please excuse me if im a newfag but i really enjoy cars and would love to learn more about my next purchase. i obvously want to boost it but any other suggestions on what to do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/badobsessionmsport
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kill yourself.

thanks

Try actually buying a car and driving it before you change anything

Then kys

i will thanks.

V8 swap

4 bangers arent worth it

engine mods should not be first. start with making sure all maintenance is up to date, then a suspension refresh, then start thinking about mawds

i wanted to go with a rotary, thinking more like a 13b or something

any advice on suspension set up?

Evo 7/8/9 4G63T, decent gas and will walk any v8 unless boosted

If you need to ask advice on how too set up your suspension for the car you don't even own, you are not capable of swapping am engine or turbocharging a car

not a miata guy so I couldn't tell you specifics, but basically poly bushes, swaybars, adjustable suspension arms and good quality coilovers should be the core of it

Coilovers, any decent brand will work, no eBay shit unless you like to replace shocks after 3 months

It all cars need polys to handle well, certain cars demand certain strengthening point. If the bushing is stiff in a cast part it'll crank. A lot more then just bushings, springs Nd shocks.

>13b

bahahahahah

new to cars and you want to do a complicated ass swap like a 13b. itll cost you at least $10k if you do everything on your own.

way more if you pay for anyone else to work on it.

This isnt forza bruh, you can't just go to "upgrade shop" and hit "A" on 13b swap.

Fabrication is not easy

Nah dude, you don't know shit about cars, I could totally ls swap a miata with a junkyard motor I bought for some 500 bucks in an afternoon

Exactly. Build the shit yourself. Sometimes it works , sometimes you break down, thats the fun in auto hobbies tho

>V8 swap

as much as I like v8 swaps you just told OP, who is new to cars, to swap a v8 into a Miata which isnt an easy or cheap task.

Also usually not done right by people are seasoned in engine swapping, yet this underage faggot has the money and skill to do so? lmao

I was being sarcastic, that is a total pipe dream and unless you happen to have a full machine shop and happen to have an ECU, transmission, upgraded suspension and upgraded rear end in said shop that wouldn't work

Im not the dude who said to swap a v8 into a Miata either...

nah, a lotta these kids get way in over their head.

Do you know how many threads on miata forums of stupid people (mostly kids) asking

>how hard is it to swap a 13b into a Miata.

because they saw it done in a Video Game.

That's not entirely true depending on what you're swapping, there's a lot of off the shelf swap parts these days. If you have the dosh you can swap an LS into a Miata with little to no fabrication, but you're still going to need a well-equipped garage as well as a fair amount of knowledge and time.

>rocket bunny miata
>low quality picture
>render at that.

stick to NFS buddy

cars dont work like they do in videogames. go get some books out from the library.

here's a minimum of things you would need
>engine mounts
>engine stands
>transmission
>transmission mounts
>new driveshaft
>new drive shaft hardware
>new fueling system
>new front suspension
>maybe brakes if you don't want to die
>new rear end
>new axle shafts
>new ECU
>new engine loom
>someone to tune said loom
>new exhaust

and this is in a thread from a guy who is asking, "how do you go about tuning a suspension"

changing an engine is a lot of work, and a lot of knowledge, even with off the shelf parts.

you need at least $10k to swap an LS into a Miata

same goes for a 13b.

THE point is why would anyone tell someone like OP, to just do a (insert engine) swap when he barely knows about cars to begin with.

id let you tune my loom m8

boipucci is ghey, girlpucci is best pucci

>changing an engine is a lot of work, and a lot of knowledge, even with off the shelf parts.

oh no doubt, I'm just saying it's a little hyperbolic to say you need a machine shop to do an engine swap. the majority of swaps can be 90% done in a shed no worries. might need to send your car off for an exhaust, driveshaft and tune, but that's nothing compared to the cost you'll be up for if you send the car off to get the whole swap done. and even if you have to fab up some mounts yourself than can be done at home with a welder if you're not totally retarded.

basically you have to work your way up to big things like engine swaps, but with some experience under your belt an engine swap is doable for a lot of people, depending on the swap

>If you have the dosh you can swap an LS into a Miata with little to no fabrication
this is what people who don't work on cars actually believe

unless you mean you can just pay other people to do all the fabrication, but at that point... just buy a faster car lol

to fabricate an engine mount is not something you can just do with a hacksaw and a power drill, and even the metal parts to swap an LS into a miata are worth as much as the car itself. And that is a common swap, a 13b is not.

LS > MX5 is an extremely common swap mate, there are many off the shelf kits available to greatly reduce the fab work required

what advanced machinery do you need to make an engine mount exactly?

usually a cnc mill, but you could do it manually with a drill press, a chop saw and a welder, but you would need to be these guys, and they still have a 3 axis cnc machine

youtube.com/user/badobsessionmsport

nigga wot