clyp.it/31popow3
clyp.it/n5jpc5zu
youtube.com/watch?v=0xCHTwbXvyU
youtube.com/watch?v=p-DCQ6WfeKs
youtube.com/watch?v=7ROj3xwp3Rg
hypersnow.itch.io/rewound
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hey, does anyone remember NeonDev? He made UE4 game with neon grass, bugs and trees? It was coming along pretty well last I saw it.

2nd for keymaster

He started posting again on twatter a few days ago
twitter.com/HarmlessMonkii

he started posting again a few days ago

his gameplay has grown by leaps and bounds

Thanks friends, it's great to know he's still going. It's really come a long way.

>get a job
>hardly have time to dev
>quit job
>too depressed to dev

What program(s) would you guys say is the most instrumental to you?

Ever since I figured out every feature (listed and unlisted) in Sai 2's beta, I can't imagine settling for photoshop or clip studio.

get a part time one problem solved
>tfq so smart I can solve everyone's problems

Reply to this post with a picture of your games title screen.

gib me programming songs

youtu.be/2Vn1Q-S7sWg
I've got the whole album on repeat.

Solution: get a job, take vacation days to dev. I figure at 20 days a year I can take a few long weekends for devving, a short vacation, and go home for Christmas with days to spare.

Does Sai still hate it when you have more than one screen? That was my biggest issue when I tried it out a long time ago.

Smooth programming
clyp.it/31popow3

Programming Intensifies
clyp.it/n5jpc5zu

youtube.com/watch?v=0xCHTwbXvyU

I like songs without lyrics or those that I don't understand for programming. It distracts me when I understand what it's saying.

whatever you say, pubber

Chill programming
youtube.com/watch?v=p-DCQ6WfeKs

Funky programming
youtube.com/watch?v=7ROj3xwp3Rg

>click on text asset in unity
>courier.ttf
>the most standard font in the universe
>inspector says "Format of selected font is not supported by Unity"
>all the text in the game suddenly and permanently disappears

excellent and relevant CONTENT

Doing some weather transition stuff.

The cloud might be a bit too thick vertically, I'll edit it at some point because I still need to finish the damn main menu.

Thanks for the overview. The support thing might be an occasional issue, but the actual coherence of the engine sounds promising. I'll try out UE4 for a while and see if it sticks.

>dose mountains coming up through the clouds
gat dang

I know nobody really cares but some stuff came up and I won't be able to put a new build for demo day this time

I haven't made progress since this webm, I haven't even gotten around to fix the particles and collissions and other shit that needed doing

I'll have something for the next one though!

How are things going for your demo day game?

Goddamn I love bad weather in video games. Nicely done user.

Got the walking animation in. My only concern is that it kinda glides rather than looking like it has good footing. I'll try to bob it up and down more when it switches it's footing maybe.

Thats uh, a lot of targets at the end

this is a matter of syncing the movement speed to the animation speed. you may also have a problem, where your animation suggests that the turtle moves at an uneven pace (more forward motion with each footfall compared to the passing step), while you move the turtle at a constant pace in code.

This looks really nice, good job user. How big is the playable area, comparatively?

That sucks, hopefully everything is okay on your end.
Stay safe user, DD14 is all u bb

I like your project actually. It is similar to the last prototype I was working on before I put it on hold to pursue what I am doing now.

Demo Day 13 build looks like it might actually happen. Maybe. I am hoping for the best at the very least. I hope everything works out for you and you get to have the time to dev again!

>How are things going for your demo day game?
I'll probably won't make it in time, sadly
sweet effects

Yeah looking at the animation slowly it's legs "thrust" back after completing a step, but the movespeed stays constant. Gotta fix that

tone down that rim lighting brah. This aint tf2

b..but it's part of the aesthetics

more like assthetics

The playable area is around 100km x 100km on a 200km x 200km landscape for visibility reasons.

Most of the map is just dead space for level design reasons but it's nice to have flexibility and all the open space for other reasons.

I've still yet to add manmade stuff which is going to be one of the most time consuming stuff for the landscape.

Thanks anons.

have fun

>want to become yesdev
>have no, zero, none, NAN interest in making 2d games
>look up guides on how to make your own video game
>literally 99% of them are exclusively geared towards making 2D games, basically just tell you to go use gamemaker
>what little I can find about making 3D games essentially just says to learn C++ and start fiddling around in Unity until something good pops out

Is that really the best way to go, /agdg/? How long does it take to learn C++ to the point where you can make something that functions?

>well it takes 10 years to become a master at any-

No no no, Im not asking about that. I mean how long until one has enough of a grasp of it to make *a game that runs*

unrelated side question: why isnt there a 3D equivalent of gamemaker? With all the little kids who want to make zombie games/ slenderman games/ COD knockoffs youd think that would sell like hotcakes.

>why isnt there a 3D equivalent of gamemaker
It's called Unity

unity doesnt use C++

>3d gammaker
Unity.

>game that runs
Load unity. Load standard asset. Drag character controller into scene. You have a game, congrats!

please post your daily gamedev routine so we can all learn how to become yesdevs

UE4 is more like gamemaker isnt it
>dragondrop
>actual code is a cliffface of difficulty

routine? i just dev

What is this AAA stuff in my agdg? Get outta here.
Honestly this looks fucking good, I love it. Nearly jizzed my pants when you flew through that explosion.

Yup, the bobbing up and down is definitely what's missing. It also looks a bit like it just scrapes the floor instead of actually walking on it. Maybe you could try sticking the feet to the floor for a few keyframes.

Pic related, it worked perfectly with the previous patrick, now it fucks up. Probably has to do with me changing the number of frame for the animation. Not sure why it would cause a fuckup, but it seems it does. Time for another FBX export I guess.

All the little kids who want to make zombie games/ slenderman games/ COD knockoffs use Unity though

Finally finished my game demo!

hypersnow.itch.io/rewound

Have a play.

>literally who
fuck off

well thats just because unity has been user friendly longer.
ue4 is well on its way to getting babbydev schlock.

I've posted here a few times, though not enough for people to recognize my game, I guess

I'll play it in a couple of hours.

It seems like all that shitposting has made you forget there's progress in the thread user.

Looks good, user! Are you going to resubmit it for DD13?

Definitely submit it to demoday, you'll get more feedback and plays than late night AGDG can offer.

>furry shit not getting funded
how is this possible

Is it not lewd?

Fur sells typically because it is paired with lewd. I don't think he had any plans to lewd his characters or his game. In fact I think he was asked specifically about it and he denied his desire to do so (during the last demo day I think?)

>18 days to go
>$1.2k out of $10000
It might not even happen.

Bamp... Changed number of frames back, but it didn't fix it.

Guy who was struggling with orbiting stuff from the last thread. You guys are a godsend. Thank you so much, especially that webm guy.

I feel like object oriented stuff will be pretty easy once I get my head around it and stop over-complicating stuff.

>How's your game going?
>Good! I've almost finished writing the story
Name 4 genres this is acceptable in. I'll give you 1; mystery/detective games revolve entirely around the story.

I want to say it's because it doesn't even look that good and furfags aren't so thirsty for content these days anymore, but then I remember that faggot who spams his monster girl game with $100 DLC outfit and visuals that look like they were drawn by an actual child and don't know what to think anymore.

>import aa unity asset package i exported from another one of my projects
>already have one of the scripts but unity doesnt notice because in a different assembly
>all instances of it get fucked
>every single unrelated animation state machine script gets deleted and then saved over
>player doesnt animate at all anymore until i redo all the state machine scripts which for some reason also doesnt support any kind of copy pasting

>his

RPG
ARPG
P+C Adventure
VN

Kewpie-Jazzy/Fur-Fun didn't get funded either. Feels good man

also walking sim

Your welcome, my dude.

It just shows how important it is to know how to make webms to be able to participate in the thread, and why OP should link to Shadowplay/OBS and webmforretards

Fug, you got me. Although I want to split hairs and ask if ARPG really isn't just a subclass of RPG, but I know better that they're fundamentally different.
By the technical definition of video games, those are games, but let's not kid ourselves.

Man, why do they always ask for so much money?
Even a quarter of that goal, just to help with getting a soundtrack going would be amazing.

Not same guy, I have OBS. could you link to webm tutorial?

gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter
Don't need a tutorial since it has a GUI, just note you have to download AVISynth separately

VS community 2015 requires me to sign in to use it in full. Do I need to be paranoid? Will Microsoft track and steal my gaem?

aren't walking sims where you just find notes and clues technically adventures?

cheers mate

i redid the backwards walk because it was terrible. does it look better now or should i keep tweaking.

genre definitions are so loose once you get into "adventure", it's best not to go full autist on it

I'm the guy who made that gif and I use two screens.

I wasn't aware there was ever an issue!

Aight, messing with the transitions fixed it.

It looks great dude! How did you get started with those kinds of physical animations? They look fun.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Also, next up is fixing the UVs so that I have 5-ways symmetry I guess. I'm trying to think of a way to do that more neatly, but I'm not seeing it for now.

>How did you get started with those kinds of physical animations?

i was messing around with a similar idea in an engineering game and realized it could be a fun game concept, so i tried this system in unity and it works more or less.

those lip hands are rad btw.

Oh, YOU are rad.

Was told yesterday that "this looks like a mechanized dildo".

Changed the shape a bit, so it has less round edges and added some temporary flash and shells to simulate how it might look ingame.

Still a dildo?

post enemy idea

>tfw you're too lazy to implement Pathfinding algorithms so you just hire a team of Chinese and Indian on-line slaves to Pathfind for you

most epical feeling ever

Definitely less dildo, good going dude.

But A* is so easy...

Reminds me of Sacrifice video game but every monster is tiny and battles are fought on the table in the living room

you gotta go for the tumblr demipanomnidreamsexual crowd these days, or the meme trump supporters.
The days of easy furry and bronie money are dead.

Also I don't think you've been advertising properly.
Start up a blog and show daily progress.

i said it looked like a dildo, but i did not say it didn't look cool at the same time.

now white stuff is coming out of it and it has a clit stimulation attachment.

it might just be because the sprite is upright.

and if it get's attached to a ship or mecha or whatever it will look perfectly fine.

also it looks much better than anything i could make, so good job user

>on the table in the living room
I don't know why, but this fucking killed me, thanks for the laugh.
You know, I always wanted to make a game where you're inch-sized, like chibi-robo... Another idea for the idea backlog I guess.

that looks pretty good, i wish ue4 wasn't such a pile of shit so i could use it as well, but the workflow is just so inferior to unity that i decided to sacrifice some of the eye candy in my game

How are you doing those clouds? I want to have smoke in my game, but the only way i know how is to use flat smoke textures which don't look so good when you are standing inside of them

>thing stops working
>what why?
>can't fix it
>restart engine
>works flawlessly
>fug

Aww. Thx! I feel better about my dildo now. Game footage as soon as I get some basic level gen going.

thanks for the CSS help, /agdg/

NOT

lol

never done it myself, but the technology is called volumetric rendering or something like that.

>tfw all these various technologies to learn and use
i wish days had 200 hours

your overdue homework

Looks funky, I like it.

Holy shit, why is Greenlight image uploading so slow?

move to Venus
one day there lasts 5,800 hours